NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denzel Washington: The Only Hollywood Star Telling the Truth About Race | Larry Elder

+5
Tommy Monk
Syl
Ben Reilly
eddie
Didgee
9 posters

Go down

Denzel Washington: The Only Hollywood Star Telling the Truth About Race | Larry Elder Empty Denzel Washington: The Only Hollywood Star Telling the Truth About Race | Larry Elder

Post by Didgee Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0fz9b86Th8

Apart from the god bit at the end, this is actually very good

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Denzel Washington: The Only Hollywood Star Telling the Truth About Race | Larry Elder Empty Re: Denzel Washington: The Only Hollywood Star Telling the Truth About Race | Larry Elder

Post by eddie Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:25 pm

I do like Denz. He’s an intelligent chap and also handsome to boot.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Denzel Washington: The Only Hollywood Star Telling the Truth About Race | Larry Elder Empty Re: Denzel Washington: The Only Hollywood Star Telling the Truth About Race | Larry Elder

Post by Didgee Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:29 pm

eddie wrote:I do like Denz. He’s an intelligent chap and also handsome to boot.

100% agree, so many films he is great in, but my favourite is "Man on Fire"

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:30 pm

Didgee wrote:

I will tend to watch a film simply because he’s in it. Same with Morgan Freeman and Tom Hanks.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:33 pm

eddie wrote:
Didgee wrote:

I will tend to watch a film simply because he’s in it. Same with Morgan Freeman and Tom Hanks.

Dito, both great actors.

Morgan Freeman has such a commanding voice

A voice that literally has you sit up and listen

I love this bit from Graham Norton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPXeiS1tzr4

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:36 pm

Yes, his voice! I’d do anything he told me to simply because he told me!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:38 pm

eddie wrote:Yes, his voice! I’d do anything he told me to simply because he told me!

Agree, its such a calming and yet commanding voice at the same time

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 pm

What's freaky to me is to listen to Denzel's son, John David Washington, speak. He sounds so much like his dad, it's uncanny. Really good actor, too -- Edds and I saw him in "Black Klansman," which is well worth a watch and a true story to boot.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:41 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:What's freaky to me is to listen to Denzel's son, John David Washington, speak. He sounds so much like his dad, it's uncanny. Really good actor, too -- Edds and I saw him in "Black Klansman," which is well worth a watch and a true story to boot.

Not seen it Ben, but thanks, will have to give that a watch

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:18 am

I will watch the video tomorrow.
Re Denzel Washington, he was always one of my favourite actors, and like has been said, he is one of those actors that if he is in a film it will likely be a good film.

However I saw him give an interview to a young reporter a few years ago, he was belligerent and sarcastic, I went right off him.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:27 am

Syl wrote:I will watch the video tomorrow.
Re Denzel Washington, he was always one of my favourite actors, and like has been said, he is one of those actors that if he is in a film it will likely be a good film.

However I saw him give an interview to a young reporter a few years ago, he was belligerent and sarcastic, I went right off him.

I wonder why he was like that though? Doesn’t sound like him.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:38 am

Probably bored, but interviews are part of the job  which he is well paid for.

I dont like to see anyone speaking down to others just because they can.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:40 am

Didgee wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:What's freaky to me is to listen to Denzel's son, John David Washington, speak. He sounds so much like his dad, it's uncanny. Really good actor, too -- Edds and I saw him in "Black Klansman," which is well worth a watch and a true story to boot.

Not seen it Ben, but thanks, will have to give that a watch

I'm a bit jealous of you; I wish I could un-see it and watch it again for the first time Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:42 am

Syl wrote:Probably bored, but interviews are part of the job  which he is well paid for.

I dont like to see anyone speaking down to others just because they can.

True......but I didn’t see the interview so can’t comment.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:21 am

I've not watched the vid yet either, but I do like him too from what I've seen of him both onscreen as an actor and offscreen as himself.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:33 am

Don't bother. The interviewer sucks. But Denz deftly side-steps the traps, and comes off well.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:Don't bother.  The interviewer sucks.  But Denz deftly side-steps the traps, and comes off well.

What traps?
She tried her best (after he kept her waiting for hours) to get him to talk, he had it on him from the start.

He was there to promote his latest movie which he refused to talk about....to me he comes across as a pain in the arse.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:09 pm

Didgee wrote:

He talks such sense throughout these clips.

From the way in the first interviews he refuses to blame society for kids going off the tracks, he knows it all starts in the home, bring your kids up right and chances are they will do right.
I love the way his wife (of 38 years) is by his side taking in every word and agreeing with him before he even says anything. She knows he talks sense.

The graduation speech was inspiring to those youngsters....I didn't even mind the God bit at the end.  Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:46 pm

Syl wrote:he knows it all starts in the home...

The question is, do all homes get the opportunity to start equally?  Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:29 pm

Syl wrote:
Didgee wrote:

He talks such sense throughout  these clips.

From the way in the first interviews he refuses to blame society for kids going off the tracks, he knows it all starts in the home, bring your kids up right and chances are they will do right.
I love the way his wife (of 38 years) is by his side taking in every word and agreeing with him before he even says anything. She knows he talks sense.

The graduation speech was inspiring to those youngsters....I didn't even mind the God bit at the end.  Laughing

+1

100% agree Syl

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:he knows it all starts in the home...

No they definitely don't, but is that an excuse to take from or hurt others?

I grew up in poverty without a dad, I have never taken from anyone else who had more. People can work their own way up without money and privilege.
He wasn't saying life is easy or fair was he?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:44 pm

Didgee wrote:
Syl wrote:

He talks such sense throughout  these clips.

+1

100% agree Syl

Thanks Didge, I miss some of the good threads you always find.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:09 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Are you trying to avoid the question?  Causation is not about the future, it's inevitably about the past.  It's about how we got that way.  After all, if there is an issue (and by the question in the clip, there is), the first priority is to determine the cause.

To say it's about "family" is to simply rephrase the question back at the interviewer.  (I don't fault Denzel, he's an actor, not a political activist.)  The same things that happen to individuals, happen to families.

Syl wrote:I grew up in poverty without a dad, I have never taken from anyone else who had more. People can work their own way up without money and privilege.

A-hah, was your family also born into slavery?  Did your ancestors have to endure peonage, Jim Crow laws, the KKK, separate but equal...do they still endure intentional segregation, de facto segregation, urban ghettos, and listen to respected folks in the community urge that your family's black lives don't matter?  If so, I'll give you that you likewise had a disadvantaged life.

If not, don't try to hornswoggle me that you know what it's like.  I was poor, too. And, the blacks are just trying to get something for nothing!  I've been there, and I turned out all right...  Those are issues from the white supremacists litany of excuses...to try and duck the very real position that we--the white folks--have placed the black folks in.

I don't know what it's like in Britain, but that mendacious shit won't fly over here.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Are you trying to avoid the question?  Causation is not about the future, it's inevitably about the past.  It's about how we got that way.  After all, if there is an issue (and by the question in the clip, there is), the first priority is to determine the cause.

To say it's about "family" is to simply rephrase the question back at the interviewer.  (I don't fault Denzel, he's an actor, not a political activist.)  The same things that happen to individuals, happen to families.

Syl wrote:I grew up in poverty without a dad, I have never taken from anyone else who had more. People can work their own way up without money and privilege.

A-hah, was your family also born into slavery?  Did your ancestors have to endure peonage, Jim Crow laws, the KKK, separate but equal...do they still endure intentional segregation, de facto segregation, urban ghettos, and listen to respected folks in the community urge that your family's black lives don't matter?  If so, I'll give you that you likewise had a disadvantaged life.

If not, don't try to hornswoggle me that you know what it's like.  I was poor, too. And, the blacks are just trying to get something for nothing!  I've been there, and I turned out all right...  Those are issues from the white supremacists litany of excuses...to try and duck the very real position that we--the white folks--have placed the black folks in.

I don't know what it's like in Britain, but that mendacious shit won't fly over here.

The problem with your way of thinking is you are forever harking back to the past, making excuses for the present by blaming today's behaviour on the past.

I have family who are black/mixed race, NONE of them have blamed any misfortunes they may have suffered today on their past history, and thankfully they have never been encouraged to do so by black apologists like yourself.
They don't need anyone to make excuses for them, they are respected and have self respect.

Good behaviour and  treating others with care is all taught in the home from early childhood, if the home life is sadly lacking the child has a lot more chance of choosing the wrong road in adulthood.

Denzel Washington may not be a politician but on this issue he knows what he is talking about.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:41 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

The problem with your way of thinking is you are forever harking back to the past, making excuses for the present by blaming today's behaviour on the past.

I have family who are black/mixed race, NONE of them have blamed any misfortunes they may have suffered today on their past history, and thankfully they have never been encouraged to do so by black apologists like yourself.
They don't need anyone to make excuses for them, they are respected and have self respect.

Good behaviour and  treating others with care is all taught in the home from early childhood, if the home life is sadly lacking the child has a lot more chance of choosing the wrong road in adulthood.

Denzel Washington may not be a politician but on this issue he knows what he is talking about.

What Quill doesn't realize is his living in the past perpetuates the problem.

Or he understands that it does, and knows there is political power in perpetuating the problem.

Like a doctor who never wants their patient to heal.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

HoratioTarr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:45 pm

Maddog wrote:What Quill doesn't realize is his living in the past perpetuates the problem.

Ahmaud Arbery is in the past? What about Sandra Bland? Botham Jean? Treyvon Martin? James Byrd, Jr.?

In the past, indeed. Wishful thinking. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:What Quill doesn't realize is his living in the past perpetuates the problem.

Ahmaud Arbery is in the past?  What about Sandra Bland?  Botham Jean?  Treyvon Martin?  James Byrd, Jr.?

In the past, indeed.  Wishful thinking.  Rolling Eyes

Can you name some white victims of police abuse?

It's not like they don't exist. It's just that they are not useful to human trash like you.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:00 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Ahmaud Arbery is in the past?  What about Sandra Bland?  Botham Jean?  Treyvon Martin?  James Byrd, Jr.?

In the past, indeed.  Wishful thinking.  Rolling Eyes

It's not like they don't exist.  It's just that they are not useful to human trash like you.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/06/03/10-things-we-know-about-race-and-policing-in-the-u-s/

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's not like they don't exist.  It's just that they are not useful to human trash like you.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/06/03/10-things-we-know-about-race-and-policing-in-the-u-s/

What's her daddy's name asshole?

Denzel Washington: The Only Hollywood Star Telling the Truth About Race | Larry Elder Fb_im151
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:37 am

Never met her, knob-head. You could go beat it out of her while you're drunk...worked with your wife. For a while, anyway.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:Never met her, knob-head.  You could go beat it out of her while you're drunk...worked with your wife.  For a while, anyway.

You never met any of the victims of police violence that you rattled off.

You're just concerned with remembering the ones you can exploit.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:52 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Never met her, knob-head.  You could go beat it out of her while you're drunk...worked with your wife.  For a while, anyway.

You call wanting justice, exploiting?? You really are a traitor to the US.

Ah well...every Republican is, these days.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:26 pm

You wont like what Denzel has had to say recently then Quill.

"Denzel Washington Leaves Democrat Party:

‘I’ve Had it With the Lies’

Denzel Washington, who has never stepped outside the realm of acting to engage in politics, has taken a stand. It won’t be very popular with Democrats. In an interview with America’s Last Line of Defense, Denzel said that he couldn’t handle the constant lies and that he’s turning his attention to helping team Trump:

“The Democrats are just liars. I mean…I’ve seen it. They make Facebook pages and write fake stories with sensational headlines to prove conservatives don’t research, which is preposterous. The liberals are the ones who can’t do facts.

The fact is, my brothers like R. Kelly and Jussie Smollett are showing the true nature of our society and how out of control it is. I mean…We’re letting kids listen to music older people might not like and encouraging them to dress, speak, and act like their opinion matters. What we say goes, kids. Sit down.”

https://englishwire.today/denzel-washington-leaves-democrat-party-ive-had-it-with-the-lies/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:20 pm

Denzel Washington for president?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You call wanting justice, exploiting??  You really are a traitor to the US.

Ah well...every Republican is, these days.

No, I call wanting justice for only certain people because they are more valuable to your cause, exploitation.

You're incapable of equality.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:32 pm

Still don't who her daddy was you stupid fuck?

Does he deserve justice?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:18 pm

I like Wesley Snipes.  Did you ever see him play a tranny in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar.  He was just brilliant as a woman.

Denzel Washington: The Only Hollywood Star Telling the Truth About Race | Larry Elder Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtVtgpvGqGGxgZ2JRNUy8fv0Rm7igtzUTeeg&usqp=CAU
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:19 pm

eddie wrote:
Didgee wrote:

I'm like that with Sean Harris. He's such an underrated actor.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down