NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paris knife attack - victim reported to have been a teacher who was beheaded - attacker shot dead by police

+5
Didgee
Original Quill
Vintage
inmyopinion
Tommy Monk
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Paris knife attack - victim reported to have been a teacher who was beheaded - attacker shot dead by police - Page 3 Empty Paris knife attack - victim reported to have been a teacher who was beheaded - attacker shot dead by police

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

A history teacher who is said to have discussed images of the Prophet Muhammad with his pupils has been beheaded in a Paris suburb, it has been reported.

The suspected attacker was shot dead about 600 metres from the scene, the AP news agency has said.

It happened on a street in Conflans Sainte-Honorine, northwest of the French capital, at about 5pm local time.

According to La Parisien newspaper, the attacker was an 18-year-old man of Chechen origin, who was carrying a knife. A gun was found at his side. Other reports say it was an airsoft gun that fired plastic pellets.

The teacher's suspected attacker was shot after he refused to put down his gun.

https://news.sky.com/story/france-attack-man-shot-by-french-police-after-decapitation-in-paris-suburbs-12105885

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Paris knife attack - victim reported to have been a teacher who was beheaded - attacker shot dead by police - Page 3 Empty Re: Paris knife attack - victim reported to have been a teacher who was beheaded - attacker shot dead by police

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:33 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Common sense.

Sorry, maybe I'm a bit thick tonight, but could you be more specific?

I get this all the time, Ben. RW'ers are anti-knowledge...they are even against the pursuit of knowledge. Hell, what is going on right now in the Trump administration? Science-based facts are simply too inconvenient for RW'ers to deal with.

RW'ers are authoritarian, and want to be right in all cases. They will either bring in some hack, who is out of his or her league, or they will use simple denial...the world is flat, because if it were round I would always be walking downhill!

In a court of law the first thing an expert witness must do is establish his or her credentials. On the Internet, if you try to do that it will elicit cat-calls and derision. You have to go to the data, and forget the credentials.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Paris knife attack - victim reported to have been a teacher who was beheaded - attacker shot dead by police - Page 3 Empty Re: Paris knife attack - victim reported to have been a teacher who was beheaded - attacker shot dead by police

Post by Maddog Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Sorry, maybe I'm a bit thick tonight, but could you be more specific?

I get this all the time, Ben.  RW'ers are anti-knowledge...they are even against the pursuit of knowledge.  Hell, what is going on right now in the Trump administration?  Science-based facts are simply too inconvenient for RW'ers to deal with.

RW'ers are authoritarian, and want to be right in all cases.  They will either bring in some hack, who is out of his or her league, or they will use simple denial...the world is flat, because if it were round I would always be walking downhill!

In a court of law the first thing an expert witness must do is establish his or her credentials.  On the Internet, if you try to do that it will elicit cat-calls and derision.  You have to go to the data, and forget the credentials.

You catch shit because you spam the forum with lies and misinformation.

Ben just has a different opinion than other posters. .
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I get this all the time, Ben.  RW'ers are anti-knowledge...they are even against the pursuit of knowledge.  Hell, what is going on right now in the Trump administration?  Science-based facts are simply too inconvenient for RW'ers to deal with.

RW'ers are authoritarian, and want to be right in all cases.  They will either bring in some hack, who is out of his or her league, or they will use simple denial...the world is flat, because if it were round I would always be walking downhill!

In a court of law the first thing an expert witness must do is establish his or her credentials.  On the Internet, if you try to do that it will elicit cat-calls and derision.  You have to go to the data, and forget the credentials.

Jealousy breeds contempt for knowledge.

I believe Ben's point was that he had actually studied the matter:

Ben wrote:I studied world religions in university and I've studied relgions informally both before and after university. Please let me know what other qualifications I need to put forth a very logical statement about religion, would you?

The way you rearrange the frame of the discussion reminds me of Trump.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Jealousy breeds contempt for knowledge.

I believe Ben's point was that he had actually studied the matter:

Ben wrote:I studied world religions in university and I've studied relgions informally both before and after university. Please let me know what other qualifications I need to put forth a very logical statement about religion, would you?

The way you rearrange the frame of the discussion reminds me of Trump.

And I believe Ben.

You I don't.

You made your bed with your fabrications and blatant lies.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:56 pm

Maddog wrote:

And I believe Ben.

You I don't.  

You made your bed with your fabrications and blatant lies.  

Well then, read my post.  It contains Ben's words.  If you have any questions, come back and ask.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:34 pm

Further to this beheading, Muslims all over the world are protesting, not as you may think about a man being beheaded in a western country for free speech but protesting against France. Apparently France goods are being removed from shelves in middle Eastern countries and Carrefore? stores are being boycotted there as well. Pakistan is going to have a protest - is this the national pass time there now. You couldn't make it up could you, a man has died in horrible circumstances and these people protest about images.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Tommy Monk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:00 pm

Vintage wrote:Further to this beheading, Muslims all over the world are protesting, not as you may think about a man being beheaded in a western country for free speech but protesting against France. Apparently France goods are being removed from shelves in middle Eastern countries and Carrefore? stores are being boycotted there as well. Pakistan is going to have a protest - is this the national pass time there now. You couldn't make it up could you, a man has died in horrible circumstances and these people protest about images.

Meh...we've done stupider things in our past.  Equivalencies are hard to make, culture to culture or period to period.  They feel strong about their religious icons; we feel strong about human life.

I don't believe the guy expected to get off with a light sentence.  So, he was willing to sacrifice his life, as well.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:47 pm

/www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/gaa-kit-maker-faces-backlash-over-battle-of-britain-jerseys/ar-BB1aryjI?ocid=msedgdhp

The Irish seem to be joining the 'getting offended' club now. An Irish sports wear company has produced jerseys with Spitfires on them for commemorating the Battle of Britain and some with poppies on for an English customer so there are calls for them to be boycotted and sinister mutterings about forces of occupation and celebrating imperialism from so called nationalists, although they seem more upset that the same company refused to produce jerseys with nationalist martyrs on them.
The world is getting smaller yet its stumbling into divisions and hatred a little more everyday.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3