NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark

2 posters

Go down

Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark Empty Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark Arkv3

The Christian group behind a controversial Creationist Museum in Kentucky has announced that it has sufficient funds to begin construction on an Old Testament theme park, based around a 510ft replica of Noah’s Ark.

The 800-acre “Ark Encounter” park would also feature a recreation of a pre-Flood village, a “Tower of Babel” containing an audio-visual effects theatre, and a theme park ride through the 10 plagues of Egypt. The biblical vessel would be the largest timber-framed structure in the US. Officials say they intend to break ground in May, and that the park will open to the public in 2016.

Ken Ham, president of the group Answers in Genesis and founder of the Creation Museum, wrote on his website that “God has burdened AiG to rebuild a full-size Noah’s Ark.” Yet after plans for the park were first unveiled in 2010, fundraising proved to be a challenge. The project is expected to cost more than $120m (£72m) in total, and needs at least $70m to complete its first phase. The ark alone will cost $24.5m to construct.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/christian-group-behind-controversial-creationist-museum-to-build-800acre-theme-park-with-replica-noahs-ark-9161267.html

Soon you'll be able to see it for yourselves  ::D::  Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark Noah_s13

Back to top Go down

Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark Empty Re: Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi FTL

x

Well am intrigued where they are going to fit the 4-5 million pairs of species needed to fill the ark to make the story as realistic as possible.

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark Empty Re: Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:41 pm

feelthelove wrote:Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark Arkv3

The Christian group behind a controversial Creationist Museum in Kentucky has announced that it has sufficient funds to begin construction on an Old Testament theme park, based around a 510ft replica of Noah’s Ark.

The 800-acre “Ark Encounter” park would also feature a recreation of a pre-Flood village, a “Tower of Babel” containing an audio-visual effects theatre, and a theme park ride through the 10 plagues of Egypt. The biblical vessel would be the largest timber-framed structure in the US. Officials say they intend to break ground in May, and that the park will open to the public in 2016.

Ken Ham, president of the group Answers in Genesis and founder of the Creation Museum, wrote on his website that “God has burdened AiG to rebuild a full-size Noah’s Ark.” Yet after plans for the park were first unveiled in 2010, fundraising proved to be a challenge. The project is expected to cost more than $120m (£72m) in total, and needs at least $70m to complete its first phase. The ark alone will cost $24.5m to construct.

[size=10.399999618530273]http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/christian-group-behind-controversial-creationist-museum-to-build-800acre-theme-park-with-replica-noahs-ark-9161267.html[/size]

Soon you'll be able to see it for yourselves  ::D::  Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark Noah_s13

awesome i would love to visit the place... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:54 pm

PhilDidge wrote:Hi FTL

x

Well am intrigued where they are going to fit the 4-5 million pairs of species needed to fill the ark to make the story as realistic as possible.
 lol! 

Hi Didge, hope you're well  I love you x

Will be interesting hey Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark Giggl149

@ Heavenly Father - you'll be going then?  I wondered how you would feel about the Old Testament being made into a "theme park"? Christian group behind controversial Creationist Museum to build 800-acre theme park with replica Noah’s Ark Smile164

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:01 pm

It will be awesome a great way to introduce people to creation and bible truths, not sure why it would be considered controversial though..

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Well they've got a Cinderella's castle-that's based on fairy tale- so there is certainly a theme here Wink

Really though the replica should be fab- and a good way to demonstrate just how ridiculous a concept it is to get millions of different animals on such a vessel haha
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:05 pm

Eilzel wrote:Well they've got a Cinderella's castle-that's based on fairy tale- so there is certainly a theme here Wink

Really though the replica should be fab- and a good way to demonstrate just how ridiculous a concept it is to get millions of different animals on such a vessel haha

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:09 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Well they've got a Cinderella's castle-that's based on fairy tale- so there is certainly a theme here Wink

lol! 

well you should both back it with votes and money if you are so sure it will do damage and not good to those who believe or those who look in to the faith.... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Fairy tales are excellent inspiration for theme parks, and Noah's Ark definitely fits in with the likes of Cinderella, Snow White and especially Pinocchio ...

::lies::  ::lies::  ::lies::  ::lies::  ::lies:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Looks great i always wondered why there isn't a theme park based on the bible, i would like to see more of them which include boat rides and roller coasters .

Great news  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:23 pm

Maine coon lover wrote:Looks great i always wondered why there isn't a theme park based on the bible, i would like to see more of them which include boat rides and roller coasters .

Great news  Laughing 

Perhaps because of some idea of things being sacred? I bet if there are any complaints about this they come almost entirely from Christians  Twisted Evil 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:25 pm

anything that draws attention to the bible will be taken well...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:07 am

Eilzel wrote:
Maine coon lover wrote:Looks great i always wondered why there isn't a theme park based on the bible, i would like to see more of them which include boat rides and roller coasters .

Great news  Laughing 

Perhaps because of some idea of things being sacred? I bet if there are any complaints about this they come almost entirely from Christians  Twisted Evil 

I'll suspect they'll be plenty of Christians who will object to their beliefs being turned into an amusement park Les, kind of says it all  ::D::

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:11 am

feelthelove wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

I'll suspect they'll be plenty of Christians who will object to their beliefs being turned into an amusement park Les, kind of says it all  ::D::

It doesn't sort of cheapen the whole thing  Laughing 

^HF- I guess you were ok with Jerry Springer the Opera then  Wink 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:23 am

i would love to know why it is labelled controversial,  Smile 

I would think some Jews might get upperty, i would think most Christians will go and enjoy it..

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:27 am

heavenly father wrote:i would love to know why it is labelled controversial,  Smile 

I would think some Jews might get upperty, i would think most Christians will go and enjoy it..

It's controversial because as has been said; it may be considered sacrilegious by many Christians.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:33 am

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:i would love to know why it is labelled controversial,  Smile 

It's controversial because as has been said; it may be considered sacrilegious by many Christians.

I suppose it will be by some ... Smile there's always some people... Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down