NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Human Cost of Wokeness

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Didgee on Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:06 am

First topic message reminder :



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoLHRP5SXGo

Didgee

Posts : 443
Join date : 2020-06-09

Back to top Go down


The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:26 pm

I have to confess, I posted about this before watching the video. Always a bad idea, and after watching the video, I wouldn't like it at all if my wife changed like the guy says his wife changed.

I don't know if he's exaggerating or whatever, but if he's not, she's gone far beyond protecting her son and is actually radicalizing him.

I still think parents should tell their kids about the threats of the world, and I know that if I was a black American parent, I would tell my son that some police officers might treat him differently because of his skin color -- and that many other people might do the same.

I don't think this one anecdote proves that wokeness is ruining humanity, either. It's one person. And that's not what wokeness is even about -- but that's a different topic.

But I do have to hang my head in shame a bit, because I didn't watch the video before commenting and that's just stupid.

_________________
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.”

– George Bernard Shaw
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 29374
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : London metropolitan area

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Didgee on Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:35 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I have to confess, I posted about this before watching the video. Always a bad idea, and after watching the video, I wouldn't like it at all if my wife changed like the guy says his wife changed.

I don't know if he's exaggerating or whatever, but if he's not, she's gone far beyond protecting her son and is actually radicalizing him.

I still think parents should tell their kids about the threats of the world, and I know that if I was a black American parent, I would tell my son that some police officers might treat him differently because of his skin color -- and that many other people might do the same.

I don't think this one anecdote proves that wokeness is ruining humanity, either. It's one person. And that's not what wokeness is even about -- but that's a different topic.

But I do have to hang my head in shame a bit, because I didn't watch the video before commenting and that's just stupid.

Okay Ben and I mean no disrespect

Did you act on the defensive and defend the woman because she was black?

Take away the colour of the skin of the mother, would you have really have defended her in the first place?

Fair play that you you show some humility here, but is it again a political divide that allows people to not see something as said and allow their political views to sway how that act in defence as you did?

Hats off to you though for being humble and sorry if you felt I was twisting your words

Was not my intent


Didgee

Posts : 443
Join date : 2020-06-09

Ben Reilly and eddie like this post

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:45 pm

I can honestly say, I didn't treat her differently because she's black -- I'd feel the same about anybody in the circumstances of black Americans. If you're a white African, you probably run into the same thing.

I looked at it as a parent who wants to protect my kids. I put myself into her shoes, not only considering what's really going on in America, but also the paranoia that a lot of black Americans have about racism. So in that way, I wasn't trying to say she was seeing the world accurately -- and obviously, in light of the video, she's not -- but I was trying to say that if she felt that way, I can understand why she taught her son those things.

I really don't make allowances or exceptions for people of any skin color. I understand that some times, people have a harder time simply because of the color of their skin, but that happens to whites, Asians and Hispanics as well.

_________________
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.”

– George Bernard Shaw
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 29374
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : London metropolitan area

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Didgee on Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:50 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I can honestly say, I didn't treat her differently because she's black -- I'd feel the same about anybody in the circumstances of black Americans. If you're a white African, you probably run into the same thing.

I looked at it as a parent who wants to protect my kids. I put myself into her shoes, not only considering what's really going on in America, but also the paranoia that a lot of black Americans have about racism. So in that way, I wasn't trying to say she was seeing the world accurately -- and obviously, in light of the video, she's not -- but I was trying to say that if she felt that way, I can understand why she taught her son those things.

I really don't make allowances or exceptions for people of any skin color. I understand that some times, people have a harder time simply because of the color of their skin, but that happens to whites, Asians and Hispanics as well.

Ben, are you seriously telling me.IF you knew the mother was white and taught her child to fear black kids. Your views would be the same?

Seriously?

Or would you view that white mother as racist?

Didgee

Posts : 443
Join date : 2020-06-09

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Didgee on Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:56 pm

Didgee wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I can honestly say, I didn't treat her differently because she's black -- I'd feel the same about anybody in the circumstances of black Americans. If you're a white African, you probably run into the same thing.

I looked at it as a parent who wants to protect my kids. I put myself into her shoes, not only considering what's really going on in America, but also the paranoia that a lot of black Americans have about racism. So in that way, I wasn't trying to say she was seeing the world accurately -- and obviously, in light of the video, she's not -- but I was trying to say that if she felt that way, I can understand why she taught her son those things.

I really don't make allowances or exceptions for people of any skin color. I understand that some times, people have a harder time simply because of the color of their skin, but that happens to whites, Asians and Hispanics as well.

Ben, are you seriously telling me.IF you knew the mother was white and taught her child to fear black kids. Your views would be the same?

Seriously?

Or would you view that white mother as racist?

Do you know why I say this Ben?

As its actually happened in US history, with a fear taught to white kids of Black kids

I know you want to make allowances for the mother, but the fact is, she is being no better than the white supremacists who teach hate against her

Its identity politics dividing people

How can there be a future where a mother teaches a child that white people hate her?

Seriously?

Didgee

Posts : 443
Join date : 2020-06-09

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:25 pm

Didgee wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I can honestly say, I didn't treat her differently because she's black -- I'd feel the same about anybody in the circumstances of black Americans. If you're a white African, you probably run into the same thing.

I looked at it as a parent who wants to protect my kids. I put myself into her shoes, not only considering what's really going on in America, but also the paranoia that a lot of black Americans have about racism. So in that way, I wasn't trying to say she was seeing the world accurately -- and obviously, in light of the video, she's not -- but I was trying to say that if she felt that way, I can understand why she taught her son those things.

I really don't make allowances or exceptions for people of any skin color. I understand that some times, people have a harder time simply because of the color of their skin, but that happens to whites, Asians and Hispanics as well.

Ben, are you seriously telling me.IF you knew the mother was white and taught her child to fear black kids. Your views would be the same?

Seriously?

Or would you view that white mother as racist?

If my family lived in London, I'd teach my stepdaughter that while most black people she encountered were perfectly fine, some of them might attack her just for being white -- because they do. That's reality.

I don't think their skin color makes them that way, but something does. And yes, I would do my best to balance teaching her to be tolerant and teaching her about real threats, no matter how other people might label me for that.

If I was Jewish, I'd teach my kids that some Muslims will hate them for being who they are. I'd do the same if I was a white farmer in Africa, or if I was Chinese and my family lived in Japan, where a lot of people hate the Chinese.

I don't think you have to abandon idealism in order to be a realist. You can look at the world for what it is, with clear eyes, and still say it should be better.

_________________
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.”

– George Bernard Shaw
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 29374
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : London metropolitan area

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Didgee on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:45 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Didgee wrote:

Ben, are you seriously telling me.IF you knew the mother was white and taught her child to fear black kids. Your views would be the same?

Seriously?

Or would you view that white mother as racist?

If my family lived in London, I'd teach my stepdaughter that while most black people she encountered were perfectly fine, some of them might attack her just for being white -- because they do. That's reality.

I don't think their skin color makes them that way, but something does. And yes, I would do my best to balance teaching her to be tolerant and teaching her about real threats, no matter how other people might label me for that.

If I was Jewish, I'd teach my kids that some Muslims will hate them for being who they are. I'd do the same if I was a white farmer in Africa, or if I was Chinese and my family lived in Japan, where a lot of people hate the Chinese.

I don't think you have to abandon idealism in order to be a realist. You can look at the world for what it is, with clear eyes, and still say it should be better.

I get the above mate and its not my point and you know that

Ben you are being stubborn and not actually answering the question again

If you came across a mother teaching her child not to interact with your daughter.

Because you were white and she said hateful things about your daughter being white

How would you view that mother?

Didgee

Posts : 443
Join date : 2020-06-09

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Didgee on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:55 pm

Didgee wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

If my family lived in London, I'd teach my stepdaughter that while most black people she encountered were perfectly fine, some of them might attack her just for being white -- because they do. That's reality.

I don't think their skin color makes them that way, but something does. And yes, I would do my best to balance teaching her to be tolerant and teaching her about real threats, no matter how other people might label me for that.

If I was Jewish, I'd teach my kids that some Muslims will hate them for being who they are. I'd do the same if I was a white farmer in Africa, or if I was Chinese and my family lived in Japan, where a lot of people hate the Chinese.

I don't think you have to abandon idealism in order to be a realist. You can look at the world for what it is, with clear eyes, and still say it should be better.

I get the above mate and its not my point and you know that

Ben you are being stubborn and not actually answering the question again

If you came across a mother teaching her child not to interact with your daughter.

Because you were white and she said hateful things about your daughter being white

How would you view that mother?

What I am trying to say to you Ben is this

How would you feel if your daughter was castigated for being white and hate directed at her for being classed white?

I imagined you would be very pissed and who would blame you?

Are you seriously telling me its okay to cast hate at your daughter, based on acts of the past? Of acts she nor you committed?

How is that fair to her or you?

Didgee

Posts : 443
Join date : 2020-06-09

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by eddie on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:56 pm

Didge said:

“If you came across a mother teaching her child not to interact with your daughter.

Because you were white and she said hateful things about your daughter being white

How would you view that mother?“





I’d think she was a racist cunt.


Last edited by eddie on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
”Do I contradict myself? Very well; I contradict myself. I am vast, I contain multitudes”
~ Walt Whitman
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Posts : 41507
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 21
Location : England

Didgee likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Ben Reilly on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:56 pm

I actually didn't know that's your point. Maybe we've been talking over or around one another?

I don't think it's good to teach a kid to hate a whole race of people, certainly.

I can understand why parents might teach a kid to be wary of certain people, including people of a certain skin color.

_________________
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.”

– George Bernard Shaw
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
Cowboy King. Dread Pirate of the Guadalupe. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Posts : 29374
Join date : 2013-01-19
Age : 45
Location : London metropolitan area

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Didgee on Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:02 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I actually didn't know that's your point. Maybe we've been talking over or around one another?

I don't think it's good to teach a kid to hate a whole race of people, certainly.

I can understand why parents might teach a kid to be wary of certain people, including people of a certain skin color.

Ben you give a diplomatic reply and not a honest reply

Eddie here gave an honest reply how she would feel and I bet if you found any parent speaking with hate to your daughter. All diplomacy would go out of the window

It shows why we all know its wrong to teach kids to hate

It shows we all know how we all would feel if its our own kids

I am saying identity politics goes out of the window, when our kids are on the receiving end of any kind of hate mate

As your first instinct is to protect your daughter, as i know you would

Didgee

Posts : 443
Join date : 2020-06-09

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Didgee on Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:04 am

eddie wrote:Didge said:

“If you came across a mother teaching her child not to interact with your daughter.

Because you were white and she said hateful things about your daughter being white

How would you view that mother?“





I’d think she was a racist cunt.

+210000000

lol!

Now that is honesty

Didgee

Posts : 443
Join date : 2020-06-09

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Maddog on Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:00 am

Didgee wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I actually didn't know that's your point. Maybe we've been talking over or around one another?

I don't think it's good to teach a kid to hate a whole race of people, certainly.

I can understand why parents might teach a kid to be wary of certain people, including people of a certain skin color.

Ben you give a diplomatic reply and not a honest reply

Eddie here gave an honest reply how she would feel and I bet if you found any parent speaking with hate to your daughter. All diplomacy would go out of the window

It shows why we all know its wrong to teach kids to hate

It shows we all know how we all would feel if its our own kids

I am saying identity politics goes out of the window, when our kids are on the receiving end of any kind of hate mate

As your first instinct is to protect your daughter, as i  know you would

Can we expect a better future if we teach kids to hate?

History suggests not.

_________________
pa·ter·nal·ism

noun

The policy or practice on the part of people in positions of authority of restricting the freedom and responsibilities of those subordinate to them in the subordinates' supposed best interest.
Maddog
Maddog

Posts : 8585
Join date : 2017-09-23
Location : Texas

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Human Cost of Wokeness - Page 3 Empty Re: The Human Cost of Wokeness

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum