NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland’s Hate Crime Bill is a triumph for the terminally woke

Go down

Scotland’s Hate Crime Bill is a triumph for the terminally woke Empty Scotland’s Hate Crime Bill is a triumph for the terminally woke

Post by Didgee Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:44 am

Could JK Rowling's views on trans rights really soon become a criminal matter?

No politician will ever admit their plan is to curb free speech - but that's just what the SNP have planned

We must challenge the maddening assertion that offensive speech is somehow the same thing as violence

I’m just over half way through my second cover-to-cover reading of the Bible, and it’s heady stuff. Well, apart from all the boring genealogical details. Those who haven’t ever read the book often assume that the most “offensive” passages are those that discuss homosexuality (which isn’t as often as you might think) or women’s rights.

Personally, the passage I find most disagreeable is the Psalm which celebrates infant murder: “Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” A bit harsh, if you ask me. But if you find homophobia, misogyny, mass murder of civilians and advocacy of slavery personally offensive, then the Bible probably isn’t for you.

This explains why Roman Catholic Bishops in Scotland are worried about the prospect of the Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Bill becoming law.

In a submission to the Scottish Parliament’s Justice Committee, which is examining the legislation, the Bishops’ Conference of Scotland warns the new bill “could render material such as the Bible, the Catechism of the Catholic Church and other texts such as Bishops’ Conference of Scotland submissions inflammatory under the new provision”. Among the tenets of Catholicism that could fall foul of the new legislation, they note, is “the belief that sex and gender are not fluid and changeable, and that male and female are complementary and ordered towards the creation of new life”.

https://capx.co/scotlands-hate-crime-bill-is-a-triumph-for-the-terminally-woke/

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down