NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hate crime, love match and marriage

3 posters

Go down

hate crime, love match and marriage  Empty hate crime, love match and marriage

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:51 am

On Saturday murderers Mikhail Gallatinov, 40, and Marc Goodwin, 31, made history by being the first same-sex inmates to ever be married while in prison in the U.K., The Guardian reported.

The Marriages Act of 1983 allowed prisoners to apply to be married, and the legalization of same-sex marriage in the U.K. in March 2014 made it legal for inmates in the same prison to marry each other.

Goodwin was sentenced to life in 2007 for beating 57-year-old Malcolm Benfold to death, in what was called a “gay-bashing spree.”

He was given a minimum sentence of 18 years and it is projected he will serve another 10, the Guardian reported.
Gallatinov, who was already a convicted child molester, was imprisoned in 1997 at the age of 23 for the strangling death of Adrian Kaminsky, a 28-year-old he met on a gay hotline.

He was sentenced to a minimum of 20 years, which was upheld in 2009. He will be considered for parole next year.

The judge at his trial called the killing “cold-blooded, well planned, callous, chilling and apparently motiveless.” He called Gallatinov “a dangerous young man [who] present[s] a considerable risk to the public in the future.”

The jury took only an hour to convict him, and in-prison psychologists have labeled him “psychopathic,” the Manchester Evening News reported.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emaoconnor/first-in-prison-same-sex-marriage#.gwKDdqnY8x
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

hate crime, love match and marriage  Empty Re: hate crime, love match and marriage

Post by Cass Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:59 am

I have no issue with same sex marriage.....I have HUGE anger at convicted murderers being allowed to get married in jail on the taxpayers dime.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

hate crime, love match and marriage  Empty Re: hate crime, love match and marriage

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:43 am

i don't have issue with it (the prison probably has a celebrant in the social services support budget anyway)
but I think it is very interesting that 2 men imprisoned for extreme homophobic crimes have end up being closeted homosexuals themselves.

It really does lend credence to the idea that a lot of homophobs are so because they have suppressed homosexual tendencies. I think they would make a very interesting psychological study.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:02 am

veya_victaous wrote:i don't have issue with it (the prison probably has a celebrant in the social services support budget anyway)
but I think it is very interesting that 2 men imprisoned for extreme homophobic crimes have end up being closeted homosexuals themselves.

It really does lend credence to the idea that a lot of homophobs are so because they have suppressed homosexual tendencies. I think they would make a very interesting psychological study.

I agree somewhat with your hypothesis about suppression. it would be interesting. there have been many cases of extreme homophobes being either caught out or come out. Especially extreme Christians.

re: celebrants in prisons. our tax dollars go to pay that budget. its sickening that they are allowed to do this after being convicted of killing another human being especially a hate crime/murder. they should be locked in a small room for 23 hours a day with no contact other than prison guards and a bit of exercise and a short time for personal ablutions. no Tv no nothing. letters from family only that are strictly monitored and 1 15 visit minute from family per month again strictly monitored. That's it. End of.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:19 am

the greatest dilemma is that they have taken another life.

if it wasn't for that fact I would defend that even prisoners deserve some humane treatment, it becomes harder when someone is a true premeditated murderer, which both of these 2 seem to be.

I wonder if they are happy or 'nice' now that they have accepted their 'love'?
the one arrested in 97 I do have some sympathy for as the anti-homophob movement was not really what it is today and there was a lot of anti gay stuff which would have had a negative psychological impact. not that it even begins to justify his actions BUT he may also be a 'victim'
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:54 pm

veya_victaous wrote:the greatest dilemma is that they have taken another life.

if it wasn't for that fact I would defend that even prisoners deserve some humane treatment, it becomes harder when someone is a true premeditated murderer, which both of these 2 seem to be.

I wonder if they are happy or 'nice' now that they have accepted their 'love'?
the one arrested in 97 I do have some sympathy for as the anti-homophob movement was not really what it is today and there was a lot of anti gay stuff which would have had a negative psychological impact. not that it even begins to justify his actions BUT he may also be a 'victim'

I honestly don't care if they are happier now they have allegedly found their true selves.

there could be some truth in your calling him a victim to a degree. we've seen it time and time again with victims of some sort of sexual/verbal/physical abuse do go on to do the exact same thing to others but not all of them do so that then questions his victim status. like you said no justification ever.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:22 pm

Cass wrote:I have no issue with same sex marriage.....I have HUGE anger at convicted murderers being allowed to get married in jail on the taxpayers dime.

100% agree Cass x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:07 pm

I am interested in if they 'happy/adjusted/safe' so we can say "hey look if you don't promote prejudice and promote acceptance you can reduce murders" which then justifies a lot of the anti-homophobia agenda
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down