NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pubs in England are reopening as from 6am tomorrow.

+2
Tommy Monk
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Pubs in England are reopening as from 6am  tomorrow. Empty Pubs in England are reopening as from 6am tomorrow.

Post by Syl Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Ooooh...cant wait. Rolling Eyes

Will you be queueing up at the crack of dawn for a pint?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Pubs in England are reopening as from 6am  tomorrow. Empty Re: Pubs in England are reopening as from 6am tomorrow.

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:23 pm

I am looking forward to a few pints tomorrow... Not at 6.00am though...

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Pubs in England are reopening as from 6am  tomorrow. Empty Re: Pubs in England are reopening as from 6am tomorrow.

Post by Star24 Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

Will you be wearing a visor Tommy?
You have to look after yourself.
Star24
Star24
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:00 pm

Star24 wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

Might protect me from randy drunk women... But I've already had the Corona virus so I'm not worried about that...

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Star24 Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Star24 wrote:

Might protect me from randy drunk women... But I've already had the Corona virus so I'm not worried about that...

lol!

Keep them drunken women at bay Tommy Laughing You will have to remind
them of the one meter rule.
Star24
Star24
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Drink one for me. Ours are basically closed.

Sorta depends what you call a pub. If you sell enough food, you are a restaurant and can stay open selling booze.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:25 am

Maddog wrote:Drink one for me. Ours are  basically closed.

Sorta depends what you call a pub. If you sell enough food, you are a restaurant and can stay open selling booze.  
Brit pubs closing for over 3 months has been one of the biggest social blows for many, there is nothing like a British pub.

In normal times most pubs nowadays serve food at lunchtime, not all do in the evening, they rely on drinking trade.
Over the last decade or so many have offered good pub grub or even restuarant quality food in the evenings too, there is usually  a separate room or two  for drinkers only.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:27 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Star24 wrote:

lol!

Casanova. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:57 am

Hairdressers had the option to open on the stroke of midnight.
I think some people were so desperate they would have grabbed any appointment they could.
My neighbour has a 7am appointment on Monday.

I decided just as the lockdown began to stop colouring my once naturally dark hair and go au naturale.....my mum's hair went white not gray when she was in her late 50's....mine is going the same way.
I look like a negative, not sure I will keep it like this.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:26 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:Drink one for me. Ours are  basically closed.

Brit pubs closing for over 3 months has been one of the biggest social blows for many, there is nothing like a British pub.

In normal times most pubs nowadays serve food at lunchtime, not all do in the evening, they rely on drinking trade.
Over the last decade or so many have offered good pub grub or even restuarant quality food in the evenings too, there is usually  a separate room or two  for drinkers only.

Yeah, that defines our bars pretty well. Here in Texas they are all closed again.

Restaurants are allowed 50% occupancy..
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:56 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yeah, that defines our bars pretty well.  Here in Texas they are all closed again.  

Time will tell whether the opening of the pubs etc will cause the infection/death rate to go up here again. If it does I guess we will be in lockdown once more.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:41 pm

Who wants to drink at 6am - unless you’re up till 6am still drinking from the night before?

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:19 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yeah, that defines our bars pretty well.  Here in Texas they are all closed again.  

Time will tell whether the opening of the pubs etc will cause the infection/death rate to go up here again. If it does I guess we will be in lockdown  once more.

It probably will in some areas. I think this is going to be life for awhile. Sorta like grassfires in Texas. They are going to flare up, and you try to put them out quick and het ready for the next.

The good news is that deaths are still very low here in spite of the spike in cases.

We're getting good at healing those afflicted.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:08 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Time will tell whether the opening of the pubs etc will cause the infection/death rate to go up here again. If it does I guess we will be in lockdown  once more.

It probably will in some areas. I think this is going to be life for awhile. Sorta like grassfires in Texas. They are going to flare up, and you try to put them out quick and het ready for the next.  

The good news is that deaths are still very low here in spite of the spike in cases.  

We're getting good at healing those afflicted.  
Good news that more people are recovering.
Our death rate has gone down from several hundred a day to just over or under 100.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:14 pm

Don't forget your brollies!!!! Surprised

You wouldn't want anything raining on your parade and spoiling such an important milestone celebration.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down