NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year

5 posters

Go down

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year Empty Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year

Post by eddie Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:08 pm

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year 0a50b910

Vahit Tuna, a Turkish artist, has created a special project to honor the 440 women victims of domestic violence. Tuna hung 440 pairs of women’s shoes on the walls of two buildings in Istanbul, in order to demonstrate the violence Turkish women face. An issue that is often silenced. Tuna chose the exterior of the buildings instead of a gallery, because his goal was to attract the attention of passers-by, not just ordinary art lovers.

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year F8c1ac10

In some parts of Turkey, when a person dies, his friends and relatives leave his shoes outside the wall of his house. With that in mind, Tuna chose 440 pairs of black high-heeled shoes. The artist explained to the Turkish media that heels are a symbol of independence and disobedience, a symbol of women’s power.

https://flopmee.com/theres-a-haunting-memorial-in-turkey-to-commemorate-440-women-killed-by-their-own-husbands-last-year/

What a chilling sight. It really brings it home seeing something as innocent as a pair of shoes. It’s truly a great idea.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year Empty Re: Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year

Post by Syl Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:16 am

Haunting indeed, that would certainly grab the attention.

440 women killed by their husbands last year,?somethings very wrong in that society.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year Empty Re: Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year

Post by eddie Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:28 am

Syl wrote:Haunting indeed, that would certainly grab the attention.

440 women killed by their husbands last year,?somethings very wrong in that society.

Seems so but to be fair, I don’t know the figures for other countries.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:51 am

Last year in the UK there was  173 deaths by domestic violence, 129 were women.....so far less than turkey even taking population size into consideration.

Maybe comparing Turkey  with other Muslim countries would be a better comparison..
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:12 pm

Turks are the worst.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:Turks are the worst.

https://www.insider.com/worst-countries-for-women-2018-3

Not even top 10.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:31 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Turks are the worst.

https://www.insider.com/worst-countries-for-women-2018-3

Not even top 10.  

I don't doubt it from the standpoint of women.  (I'm just speaking from personal experience.)

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:46 pm

Many of the usual suspects on that list I see.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:53 pm

All enemies of the US. No Saudi Arabia. Without doubting the distain of Muslims toward women, I think the list is a bit politically oriented, eh?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:All enemies of the US.  No Saudi Arabia.  Without doubting the distain of Muslims toward women, I think the list is a bit politically oriented, eh?

They are not all enemies of the US.

I imagine the wealth of Saudi women shields them from some of the negative effects of living in an oppressive state.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:42 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:All enemies of the US.  No Saudi Arabia.  Without doubting the distain of Muslims toward women, I think the list is a bit politically oriented, eh?

I imagine the wealth of Saudi women shields them from some of the negative effects of living in an oppressive state.  

Have you been listening to posters on this site?  I would say they are enemies of he US.

Saudi Arabia in particular is missing from the list.  The wealth of Saudi women goes on to the limited few...have you not studied economics?

Women's rights in Saudi Arabia have been severely limited in comparison to the rights of women in many of its neighboring countries.  This is due to the strict interpretation and application of sharia law. The World Economic Forum's 2016 Global Gender Gap Report ranked Saudi Arabia 141 out of 144 countries for gender parity.  Not an impressive record.

Yet, still the US kisses the Saudi ass...for oil, I imagine.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:14 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Have you been listening to posters on this site?  I would say they are enemies of he US.

Saudi Arabia in particular is missing from the list.  The wealth of Saudi women goes on to the limited few...have you not studied economics?

Women's rights in Saudi Arabia have been severely limited in comparison to the rights of women in many of its neighboring countries.  This is due to the strict interpretation and application of sharia law. The World Economic Forum's 2016 Global Gender Gap Report ranked Saudi Arabia 141 out of 144 countries for gender parity.  Not an impressive record.

Yet, still the US kisses the Saudi ass...for oil, I imagine.

Maybe Saudi is 11.

Or 13.

Are you saying women in the 10 countries listed are treated well?

What about UAE?

Kuwait?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Maddog wrote:Are you saying women in the 10 countries listed are treated well?

Not at all. I'm saying the list is tainted by politics. It draws into question the legitimacy of the whole list.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:Are you saying women in the 10 countries listed are treated well?

Not at all.  I'm saying the list is tainted by politics.  It draws into question the legitimacy of the whole list.

Ot maybe you're just not as informed about these issues as you think you are.

No doubt you're questioning the lack of Eastern European countries on the list too. Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:42 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Not at all.  I'm saying the list is tainted by politics.  It draws into question the legitimacy of the whole list.

No doubt you're questioning the lack of Eastern European countries on the list too.  Rolling Eyes

Red, again, it's not about me. I'm saying the list is rigged. Look over there...where the question is. Either defend the list, or agree with me. Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No doubt you're questioning the lack of Eastern European countries on the list too.  Rolling Eyes

Red, again, it's not about me.  I'm saying the list is rigged.  Look over there...where the question is.  Either defend the list, or agree with me.  Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year 2190311264

You're saying something.

It's about what you say and you're full of shit.

You made your bed.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:37 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Red, again, it's not about me.  I'm saying the list is rigged.  Look over there...where the question is.  Either defend the list, or agree with me.  Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year 2190311264

You're saying something.

It's about what you say and you're full of shit.

You made your bed.      

Exactly. Pay attention to what is said, not who said it.

Ideas have a life of their own...but you, you keep trying to make it about personalities. Nobody is interested. You bring down the level of discussion on Ben's site.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down