NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year

Go down

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year Empty Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year

Post by eddie on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:08 pm

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year 0a50b910

Vahit Tuna, a Turkish artist, has created a special project to honor the 440 women victims of domestic violence. Tuna hung 440 pairs of women’s shoes on the walls of two buildings in Istanbul, in order to demonstrate the violence Turkish women face. An issue that is often silenced. Tuna chose the exterior of the buildings instead of a gallery, because his goal was to attract the attention of passers-by, not just ordinary art lovers.

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year F8c1ac10

In some parts of Turkey, when a person dies, his friends and relatives leave his shoes outside the wall of his house. With that in mind, Tuna chose 440 pairs of black high-heeled shoes. The artist explained to the Turkish media that heels are a symbol of independence and disobedience, a symbol of women’s power.

https://flopmee.com/theres-a-haunting-memorial-in-turkey-to-commemorate-440-women-killed-by-their-own-husbands-last-year/

What a chilling sight. It really brings it home seeing something as innocent as a pair of shoes. It’s truly a great idea.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year Empty Re: Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year

Post by Syl on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:16 am

Haunting indeed, that would certainly grab the attention.

440 women killed by their husbands last year,?somethings very wrong in that society.

Back to top Go down

Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year Empty Re: Haunting Memorial In Turkey Honors 440 Women Killed By Their Husbands Last Year

Post by eddie on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:28 am

Syl wrote:Haunting indeed, that would certainly grab the attention.

440 women killed by their husbands last year,?somethings very wrong in that society.

Seems so but to be fair, I don’t know the figures for other countries.

eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:51 am

Last year in the UK there was  173 deaths by domestic violence, 129 were women.....so far less than turkey even taking population size into consideration.

Maybe comparing Turkey  with other Muslim countries would be a better comparison..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum