NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The EU referendum paradox

3 posters

Go down

The EU referendum paradox  Empty The EU referendum paradox

Post by Irn Bru Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:38 pm

by Peter Kellner from YouGov

Will the United Kingdom still be a member of the European Union in 2020? YouGov President, Peter Kellner, examines three scenarios.

Read this and the bottom line is that the best chance to get a result to take the United Kingdom out of the EU is to vote Labour.

Laughing

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/05/07/eu-referendum-paradox/
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

The EU referendum paradox  Empty Re: The EU referendum paradox

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:33 am

Now lets consider another scenario not considered.

It matters not who wins the election but UKIP have taken 1 or more seats.

What happens then?

Nothing I hear you thinking as you scratch your head wondering what difference a single MP could possibly make.

Now consider this - in the vast majority of Parliament sessions discussing what should or should not be done in whatever situation that single MP (possibly supported by a couple of others also elected) stands up and says "Why is this being debated in this chamber when this chamber can have no choice or influence on what is or is not done because that is decided by *fills in appropriate directive(s)*?"

When Westminster can no longer hide how little real power it actually has what do you think will happen then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:39 am

UKIP would get us out of eu, don't trust labour or cons to do it, we have heard their rubbish to many times...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:48 am

sphinx wrote:Now lets consider another scenario not considered.

What happens then?

Nothing I hear you thinking as you scratch your head wondering what difference a single MP could possibly make.

Now consider this - in the vast majority of Parliament sessions discussing what should or should not be done in whatever situation that single MP (possibly supported by a couple of others also elected) stands up and says "Why is this being debated in this chamber when this chamber can have no choice or influence on what is or is not done because that is decided by *fills in appropriate directive(s)*?"

When Westminster can no longer hide how little real power it actually has what do you think will happen then?

Who says they will let him be heard?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:32 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
sphinx wrote:Now lets consider another scenario not considered.

What happens then?

Who says they will let him be heard?

The British public is not that stupid that they wont notice if the first UKIP MPs never seem to say anything. Besides which even if they were stopped making that statement in Westminster there would be nothing stopping them saying it in far more detail to the press.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Dagenham Monologues Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
heavenly father wrote:
UKIP would get us out of eu, don't trust labour or cons to do it, we have heard their rubbish to many times...

://?roflmao?/: 

Yet another erudite contribution from Bee I wish I had an extra brain cell donk.

Dagenham Monologues
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:06 pm

kevins58 wrote:
Beekeeper wrote:

://?roflmao?/: 

Yet another erudite contribution from Bee I wish I had an extra brain cell donk.

an extra brain cell, just a single brain cell would be a gifting for bee. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down