NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EU referendum: Brexit ahead by 2

2 posters

Go down

EU referendum: Brexit ahead by 2 Empty EU referendum: Brexit ahead by 2

Post by Irn Bru Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:04 pm

For the first time since November 2014 more British people want to leave the EU than remain a member

Until September support for remaining in the EU had been in positive territory for 8 consecutive months. Between June, the last time we asked the referendum question, and September, opinion has shifted slightly – now leaving the EU has a two point lead.

This coincides with the European refugee crisis and problems in Calais over the summer, but we can't be sure if this has caused the shift in mood. British people have been wary of accepting more refugees, and they may be concerned continued membership of the EU could increase our exposure, but Britain has so far exempted itself from EU migrant quotas.

The research puts the 'In' camp at 38%, down 6% since June, and 'Out' at 40%, up 6%. Until around the time of the European Parliament elections in 2014, when EU membership became more of a reality in people's minds due to increased coverage, 'Out' had had a fairly steady lead.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2015/09/28/eu-referendum-brexit-leads-2/

Interesting poll that will 'Call me Dave' panicking.

I doubt that will be the result of the actual referendum after big business swings into the fray - time will tell.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

EU referendum: Brexit ahead by 2 Empty Re: EU referendum: Brexit ahead by 2

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:19 pm

I reckon the real support for leaving the EU is much higher than the bullshit polls claim...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I reckon the real support for leaving the EU is much higher than the bullshit polls claim...

I think you will find that big business warnings will swing it to stay with support from Cameron to back it up.

I doubt we will be leaving anytime soon.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:56 pm

lol!

Scaremongering by business who seek to profit, and assurances by Cameron!!!???

It is a simple matter of democracy and sovereignty for me... both lost while we remain in this EU political construct that removes both and that nobody has actually voted for!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down