NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why guest posts must not be allowed.

+11
nicko
HoratioTarr
Syl
Cass
Lurker
Star24
Maddog
Tommy Monk
gelico
eddie
MELLY
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why guest posts must not be allowed. Empty Why guest posts must not be allowed.

Post by MELLY Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:56 pm

I post on on several forums and two of which are smaller sites like this one. I've read here on and off and felt it was time to register here as there are no anonymous   posts.

My observations as follows where posts about registered members are let through.  At times they can be not so nice at all and when the member raises their concerns they can get the following response from other members, guests (could be anyone inc admin posting as guest), those that admin/run the site.

At times you remain on a site as you've made a friend or two but even they can be turned against you.

You can fuck off.

Faux outrage after having let through the same post.

BS messages that the admin won't allow posts of that type again.

Openly join in.

Take the piss.

I'm currently FM on one of the other smaller sites and thinking about not posting there again. I also post on DS and Mumsnet.

alien

MELLY
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why guest posts must not be allowed. Empty Re: Why guest posts must not be allowed.

Post by eddie Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:42 pm

Huh? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Why guest posts must not be allowed. Empty Re: Why guest posts must not be allowed.

Post by gelico Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:08 pm

MELLY wrote:I post on on several forums and two of which are smaller sites like this one. I've read here on and off and felt it was time to register here as there are no anonymous   posts.

My observations as follows where posts about registered members are let through.  At times they can be not so nice at all and when the member raises their concerns they can get the following response from other members, guests (could be anyone inc admin posting as guest), those that admin/run the site.

At times you remain on a site as you've made a friend or two but even they can be turned against you.

You can fuck off.

Faux outrage after having let through the same post.

BS messages that the admin won't allow posts of that type again.

Openly join in.

Take the piss.

I'm currently FM on one of the other smaller sites and thinking about not posting there again. I also post on DS and Mumsnet.

alien

I didn;t really understand your post to be honest

are you new here? if so, welcome anyway

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:12 pm

Hello and welcome!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by MELLY Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:47 pm

I've just beat myself over my OP and am really sorry for not making it clear as this site has not allowed guest posts for a while.

To be clear, the sites I posted about allow anonymous posting, IE from non registered posters and allows admin and registered posters to post autonomously. My beef is with the admin/owners that allow guest/anonymous posts through that are aimed at registered posters that post as though they are totally surprised having let through the post/s.

MELLY
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:08 pm

MELLY wrote:I've just beat myself over my OP and am really sorry for not making it clear as this site has not allowed guest posts for a while.

To be clear, the sites I posted about allow anonymous posting, IE from non registered posters and allows admin and registered posters to post autonomously. My beef is with the admin/owners that allow guest/anonymous posts through that are aimed at registered posters that post as though they are totally surprised having let through the post/s.

Probably should complain where the problem exists.

Welcome anyway.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Star24 Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:12 pm

Welcome Melly
Star24
Star24
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by MELLY Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:35 pm

Thanks.
I did post the message on both of the forums anonymously , but as I thought, they did not post it and I can guess why. Can't keep away from the other site but any more shite posts that are let through, then I'm off.

MELLY
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by MELLY Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:00 pm

I've reduced my posting on the other site and the forum looks a lot less active than usual. Those allowing the shite, anonymous posting aimed at me are dumb struck as there has been no shite posts by guests aimed at me. What a Face

MELLY
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:07 pm

I've read and re-read this post and I still don't understand any of it...

Last edited by Lurker on Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:44 pm

Anyway....welcome. Get posting! There are many threads to immerse yourself in.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:59 pm

Hey and Howdy Smile
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:35 pm

Hello and welcome to NF.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by MELLY Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:01 pm

Howdy, hi to all.
My understanding is that someone is saying that the admin/owners are saying that they would never let through an anonymous post that was having a go at one of their members and then demonstrate faux outrage. I can understand why they feel like that as if you can kid yourself for long enough, you really start to believe in the crap you post, allow through. People classy lady off DS but compared to the smaller sites where username-less posting is allowed, DS wins hands down.

MELLY
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:25 pm

MELLY wrote:Howdy, hi to all.
My understanding is that someone is saying that the admin/owners are saying that they would never let through an anonymous post that was having a go at one of their members and then demonstrate faux outrage. I can understand why they feel like that as  if you can kid yourself for long enough, you really start to believe in the crap you post, allow through. People classy lady off DS but compared to the smaller sites where username-less posting is allowed, DS wins hands down.

Which forum are you talking about MELLY? scratch

Was it you who mentioned elsewhere that you guest posted on this forum?
At the time I pointed out to you that Newsfix does not allow guest posting.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by MELLY Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:58 pm

Which forums? No, I only read, Which magazine not post on it. Other than that, I'm not sure what you are saying.

The sites I am referring to have got the message but won't post them as I tried again yesterday.

MELLY
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:34 am

MELLY wrote:Which forums? No, I only read, Which magazine not post on it. Other than that, I'm not sure what you are saying.

The sites I am referring to have got the message but won't post them as I tried again yesterday.
Oh....OK. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by MELLY Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:06 pm

I'm staying there as those that kind of run the site have got the message that it's not acceptable to let through nasty posts aimed at registered members by anonymous users. There are several culprits and they've mellowed, until their next drink or bad day or both.
Thank you Newsfix for allowing me to put in place nasty, admin.

MELLY
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Star24 Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:19 pm

MELLY wrote:I'm staying there as those that kind of run the site have got the message that it's not acceptable to let through nasty posts aimed at registered members by anonymous users. There are several culprits and they've mellowed, until their next drink or bad day or both.
Thank you Newsfix for allowing me to put in place nasty, admin.

Is that on mumsnet?
Star24
Star24
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by MELLY Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:50 pm

No and they don't have anonymous posts. I posted a cheek message on both of the sites last night via guest route that some of those that managed the forums that let through crap aimed at those keeping their forums going know they have been found out. Crazy, you let through a guest post and then moan about it by pretending to care for your member, you could not make it up.

MELLY
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:32 pm

Why should this concern members here? There is no guest posting on NF, everyone who posts does so in their own user name.
If other sites that allow guest posting bother you so much....leave.
No forum is worth staying on if it causes you more bother than joy.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Star24 Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:41 pm

MELLY wrote:No and they don't have anonymous  posts.  I posted a cheek message on both of the sites last night via guest route that some of those that managed the forums that let through crap aimed at those keeping their forums going know they have been found out. Crazy, you let through a guest post and then moan about it by pretending to care for your member, you could not make it up.

Which forum are you on about?
Star24
Star24
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by MELLY Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:21 pm

Who said it was here? If I've said it and I've not, point me to it. I would have left if the message had not hit home as the culprits on both forums know as I can tell by not having any anonymous, nasty crap posted at me for a few days.

I read Which magazine but don't post there.

MELLY
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Why not forget your grievances on the other forums whilst you are here and join in with some of the debates on this forum. Smile .
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Star24 Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:24 pm

MELLY wrote:Who said it was here? If I've said it and I've not, point me to it. I would have left if the message had not hit home as the culprits on both forums know as I can tell by not having any anonymous, nasty crap posted at me for a few days.

I read Which magazine but don't post there.

Like Syl says, forget the other forums and join in with debate here.
Star24
Star24
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by MELLY Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Why did you not say that you own, run a small forum? I would have saved you the time and effort. No, it's not your forum. A bow to my dear friend here for the direction.

MELLY
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:54 am

Why guest posts must not be allowed. Giphy
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:14 am

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:22 pm

MELLY wrote:Why did you not say that you own, run a small forum? I would have saved you the time and effort. No, it's not your forum. A bow to my dear friend here for the direction.

wtf are you even talking about?

Why guest posts must not be allowed. 2190311264

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Star24 Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:01 pm

MELLY wrote:Why did you not say that you own, run a small forum? I would have saved you the time and effort. No, it's not your forum. A bow to my dear friend here for the direction.

I don’t own a forum? Whatever gave you that idea.

You are the one being cagey.
Why not explain what you are on about?
Star24
Star24
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:24 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Why guest posts must not be allowed. Giphy

Great to see you back here again HT

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:26 pm

who is this Melly bloke and wtf is is he/she on about !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:32 pm

nicko wrote:who is this Melly bloke and wtf is is he/she on about !

Like I posted earlier, I still don't understand... LOL
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:53 pm

Lurker wrote:
nicko wrote:who is this Melly bloke and wtf is is he/she on about !

Weirdest, crappiest thread I've ever seen.
You keep hoping it will get better, but no, it gets worse with every post the OP makes.

People like this converse loudly with themselves when walking alone down the high street - complete with elaborate hand gestures, everything.
LMAO  !!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by MELLY Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:12 pm

About the forum and when I said that it is not your forum, you should have told me earlier. It is not you, so keep your nose out of it.

The message to the right people was delivered quiet a while ago. The funny thing is that the drunk tried to ban my IP. Thankfully, I use a non VPN IP as a member there. That was a close call.

Julie, if this thread is like you said, why stick your big nose in it?

MELLY
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:53 pm

This Poster reminds me of a Women who kept posting rubbish years ago, can't remember the name she posted under !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Star24 Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:11 pm

MELLY wrote:About the forum and when I said that it is not your forum, you should have told me earlier. It is not you, so keep your nose out of it.

The message to the right people was delivered quiet a while ago. The funny thing is that the drunk tried to ban my IP. Thankfully, I use a non VPN IP as a member there. That was a close call.

Julie, if this thread is like you said, why stick your big nose in it?

Jules is a member here and has the right to reply.

Seriously though - you are talking in riddles!
Star24
Star24
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:13 pm

nicko wrote:This Poster reminds me of a Women who kept posting rubbish years ago, can't remember the name she posted under !

4ever2
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:14 pm

gelico wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Why guest posts must not be allowed. Giphy

Only just... rabbit
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:01 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
gelico wrote:

Only just... rabbit

I'm happy you are back too. cheers

Was the other member who talked complete gibberish that Andria Boardman character? I know she posted here at one point, before my time I think, but I posted with her elsewhere, and she made 4ever look reasonable. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:18 pm

JulesV wrote:
Lurker wrote:

Weirdest, crappiest thread I've ever seen.
You keep hoping it will get better, but no, it gets worse with every post the OP makes.

People like this converse loudly with themselves when walking alone down the high street - complete with elaborate hand gestures, everything.
LMAO  !!

lol!

Totally agree Jules... And I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:45 pm

Syl, that's the name I was looking for !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:41 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
nicko wrote:This Poster reminds me of a Women who kept posting rubbish years ago, can't remember the name she posted under !

4ever2
No way!

4Ever had her faults, she was always up for a row, she'd argue with her own shadow.
But she was also sharp as tack and she researched all her topics very well before she posted.
I liked her cos she was gloriously left wing (like sassy was) but unfortunately she fell out with everyone - including me.

This site was really, really busy when all those left wingers were around for you lot to argue with, but hey the past is gone, let's look forward.

Andrea Boardman only ever talked about other sites, never anything else - and collected bans as trophies. There's fruitcakes - and there's Andrea. Why guest posts must not be allowed. 3489511464

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:21 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Only just... rabbit

Was the other member who talked complete gibberish that Andria Boardman character? I know she posted here at one point, before my time I think, but I posted with her elsewhere, and she made 4ever look reasonable. Razz

That was her. I remember posting with her somewhere.

That's who this sounds like.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:57 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

That was her.  I remember posting with her somewhere.  

Might have been Dogs, she was on there the same time I was.
I didn't interact with her much because I never knew what she was going on about.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:11 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

That was her.  I remember posting with her somewhere.  

I didn't interact with her much because I never knew what she was going on about.

I think so. Assuming she used her real pic she was a plumpish middle aged woman.

I thought it might have even been on SOL.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:16 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

I think so. Assuming she used her real pic she was a plumpish middle aged woman.

Yes she did look like that, she made video's of herself and posted them on Dogs. if I remember rightly she had a grudge against our Ben from here, and she used to go on about him quite a lot. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:55 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yes she did look like that, she made video's of herself and posted them on Dogs. if I remember rightly she had a grudge against our Ben from here, and she used to go on about him quite a lot. Rolling Eyes

I remember the crazy videos.

I bet she had the hots for Ben. That's why she talked about him so much. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:58 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

I remember the crazy videos.

I bet she had the hots for Ben. That's why she talked about him so much.  Cool

What do they say...There is no wrath like a woman scorned. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:45 pm

Am I still barred...!?

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next