NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bees dying everywhere!

5 posters

Go down

Bees dying everywhere! Empty Bees dying everywhere!

Post by eddie Fri May 15, 2020 11:21 pm

Bee-killing neonics are still being sprayed in Europe. Tell rule-breakers to respect the ban!
All the progress you and I have made to keep bees safe from toxic pesticides… what if it just disappeared?

Countries including Belgium, Spain and Romania want to pretend our Europe-wide ban on bee-killing neonicotinoids never happened. Using an "emergency" loophole, they're allowing tonnes of the banned chemicals to be sprayed on crops that could end up on our plates.

Even in the midst of the pandemic, Belgium granted a new re-authorisation for one of the toxic neonics, thinking we'd be too distracted to notice! If we don't act to stop this, our ban will be useless -- and the bees will suffer the consequences.

We've already called on the EU to stop countries from breaking the ban. Now it's time to double down by putting pressure on individual governments to protect the bees -- before it's too late.

It's not small, struggling farmers who want to keep Europe's fields full of banned pesticides -- it's megacorporations like Bayer and Syngenta, who're behind many of the so-called "emergency" requests for neonic exemptions.

They claim that crops like corn and sugar beets can't be grown without neonics -- but Germany, France and Sweden have all rejected applications to re-authorise the bee-killing pesticides. If they can grow crops without killing bees, other countries can too!

Our food system doesn't need toxic pesticides to thrive -- but it does need bees. Unfortunately, pesticide bans aren’t always enough to protect these crucial pollinators. Bayer, Syngenta and co. have millions to spend on court cases, government lobbying, anything to keep churning out litre after litre of their bee-harming chemicals.

But with our combined people power, we’ve got a real chance of stopping them. Over 150,000 of us showed the EU we’d had enough of fake “emergency” exemptions to our bee-saving neonicotinoid ban. Hundreds more SumOfUs members chipped in so that the Bee Defender Alliance, a group of independent scientists and beekeepers, could take on Bayer in court to fight the pesticide giant’s latest legal challenge to the ban.

We can’t give up until our bees are safe. Tell Romania, Lithuania, Spain, Belgium, Poland and Finland to stop using bee-killing neonicotinoids!

https://actions.sumofus.org/a/bee-killing-neonics-are-still-being-sprayed-in-europe-tell-rule-breakers-to-respect-the-ban?sp_ref=635588447.99.206294.f.653238.2&referring_source=fb_ads_23844591720290231_23844591720280231_23844591720270231&source=fb

Wolfie??? Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Bees dying everywhere! Empty Re: Bees dying everywhere!

Post by 'Wolfie Sat May 16, 2020 10:45 am

pirat

It's one thing to ban something...

It's another thing to get corrupt regimes, local authorities, and lazy-arsed farmers sitting on stockpiled pesticides to toe the line..

Anyways, those countries mentioned are stuffed --  anyone here with any desire to live in those floundering cesspits ?

On one brighter note, this pesticide poisoning isn't (yet) a global-wide/universal problem  --  it is still concentrated in those areas where nicotinoid pesticides are widely used.  Those beekeepers who can manage to avoid those areas are still keeping on..

Bayer GmbH took over the (bankrupted, thanks to pesticide-poisoning lawsuits....) American Monsanto conglomerate in 2018/'19 --- same old criminals and cowboy shysters as before, but now hiding behind the skirts of a much bigger parent corporation...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 18, 2020 11:51 pm

So in a nutshell, should we be worried?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue May 19, 2020 3:38 am

Smile

Bees, butterflies and frogs can be considered "indicator organisms" in the environment...

When any of them go missing, where they have been in abundance previously, that is a pretty good warning that something is badly awry in one's local ecology..

However, those people causing all of these problems -- big business, crooked financiers, shill politicians, property developers, greedy humans in general, those current anti-isolation protestors hiding behind "human rights" illusions, Trump, BJ, Balisaro and Putin supporters in particular -- they are also the ones with far too much influence, controlling too many discussions.

Disappering bees, butterflies and frogs have been been a big worry for decades now, and yet mankind in general seems to be intent on making this world more and more uninhabitable for humanity in general..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 20, 2020 8:58 pm

Great answer Wolf. It is a genuine worry. The world is going to shit.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 20, 2020 10:06 pm

Bees dying everywhere! 66e4ad10
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 20, 2020 10:26 pm

eddie wrote:Great answer Wolf. It is a genuine worry. The world is going to shit.

Most people give opinions, which is all right. Wolf always has substance to his postings. I keep telling you guys...he is highly educated, and most informative.

@Wolf: it is a good answer, and timely. People are concerned about this issue, particular with this killer wasp around.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 20, 2020 10:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Great answer Wolf. It is a genuine worry. The world is going to shit.

Most people give opinions, which is all right.  Wolf always has substance to his postings.  I keep telling you guys...he is highly educated, and most informative.

@Wolf: it is a good answer, and timely.  People are concerned about this issue, particular with this killer wasp around.

Okay because I need to set the record straight:

I have no doubt that Wolf is informative on some subjects - hence my genuine questions and answers to him, here.
What he lacks is an ability to simply answer a post without giving petty abuse.

Now stop doing that thing you do, whereby you can’t see the bumble for the bees.

See what I did there Quilly, me old mate? Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 20, 2020 10:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Most people give opinions, which is all right.  Wolf always has substance to his postings.  I keep telling you guys...he is highly educated, and most informative.

@Wolf: it is a good answer, and timely.  People are concerned about this issue, particular with this killer wasp around.

I have no doubt that Wolf is informative on some subjects - hence my genuine questions and answers to him, here.

Now stop doing that thing you do, whereby you can’t see the bumble for the bees.

Yes, you were being very nice.  Let's just rewind...  Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 21, 2020 12:02 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes, you were being very nice.  Let's just rewind...  Wink

What do you mean, "were"? Did she start getting mean somewhere in there where I couldn't see?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 21, 2020 12:23 am

We were having a nice discussion, complimenting people.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 21, 2020 12:36 am

Original Quill wrote:We were having a nice discussion, complimenting people.

Perhaps Wolf should try that.
This thread is about bees btw, not how great you think your mates are.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 21, 2020 12:47 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:We were having a nice discussion, complimenting people.

Perhaps Wolf should try that.
This thread is about bees btw, not how great you think your mates are.

Well...bees is his thing. When I originally met Wolf, he was called Beekeeper. It was when you complimented him that the topic changed. I think his degree is in agriculture.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 21, 2020 1:00 am

In the scale of bee scarcity this is hardly news, but this spring I have found two huge bees, maybe queens,  drowned in my kitchen sink, it's never happened before.
Bees apparently go searching for water if it's dry, unfortunately they can easilly drown. Sad Sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 24, 2020 11:05 pm

Syl wrote:In the scale of bee scarcity this is hardly news, but this spring I have found two huge bees, maybe queens,  drowned in my kitchen sink, it's never happened before.
Bees apparently go searching for water if it's dry, unfortunately they can easilly drown. Sad Sad

Ah that’s sad. I kill spiders but never bees. I kinda like them.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down