NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Truly Despair At Our Education System

3 posters

Go down

I Truly Despair At Our Education System Empty I Truly Despair At Our Education System

Post by Guest Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:28 pm

I am all for education around inclusion and especially for marginalised groups like the LGBT, but the below picture lacks any basic understanding of sexuality, sex and biology.

First of all nobody has their sex assigned at birth. Its observed

Second, people with an intersex condition are either male or female. They are not an other. Which is an appalling thing to claim for people who have DSD's conditions. There are not hybrids or chimeras for goodness sake

Third, "female" and "Male" are biological terms for sex, not gender. To place them along with gender terms is conflating sex with gender.

Fourth, "embrace the discomfort"? I mean WTF? Yes ladies you must embrace your period, or if you feel uncomfortable around naked male bodies. Holy crap on a cracker. What a thing to say.

Fifth. For physical attraction, its blurring the lines using gender terms. When the options should be male, female and then other/gender.

Sixth, the same with emotional attraction as above

This is being taught to kids?

This does very little to help or understand LGBT at all. In fact its completely confusing for children

I Truly Despair At Our Education System EP7l3QGWkAE-m5X?format=jpg&name=small

https://twitter.com/IWiLScot_/status/1224668894096433153

Back to top Go down

I Truly Despair At Our Education System Empty Re: I Truly Despair At Our Education System

Post by eddie Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:02 pm

Young children do not need to be subjected to anything until they ask a question.
If they don’t ask they don’t need to know.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

I Truly Despair At Our Education System Empty Re: I Truly Despair At Our Education System

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:33 am

eddie wrote:Young children do not need to be subjected to anything until they ask a question.
If they don’t ask they don’t need to know.

I think having story books about two male penguin companions is all right. But I think the OP is absolutely unnecessary too.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:19 pm

I think it's done to correct wrongful secondary assumptions, not provable anatomical facts like a penis or a vagina at birth.  Things like "what pronouns do you use?" and "listen and learn", as well as "educate yourself", encourage children to think for themselves and not just follow the crowd.

It's a valid attempt to bolster confidence in any child who might suffer from low self-esteem resulting from social judgments over being different.  It basically teaches that it is not wrong to be 'other'. A valuable lesson for kids to learn.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:39 am

Original Quill wrote:I think it's done to correct wrongful secondary assumptions, not provable anatomical facts like a penis or a vagina at birth.  Things like "what pronouns do you use?" and "listen and learn", as well as "educate yourself", encourage children to think for themselves and not just follow the crowd.

It's a valid attempt to bolster confidence in any child who might suffer from low self-esteem resulting from social judgments over being different.  It basically teaches that it is not wrong to be 'other'.  A valuable lesson for kids to learn.

Its not a valid attempt at all, when it conflates gender ideology with biology

Again sex is observed at birth. Nobody has a gender assigned at birth, mainly as gender is socially constructed. Where as biological sex is not socially constructed. Its binary

Gender ideology plays off poor stereotypes. Where when Boy George first came out he wore make up and feminine stereotypical clothes. That never made him trans but a male that like make up. Now gender ideology wrongly perceives that to mean being born in the wrong body. That is a very poor teaching method and possible very confusing to a child. To set a precedent this is what that means

Its teaching that some people are an other, when they are not, for example intersex people. They are either male or female

We are all uniquely different and you teach that, not this really poor unscientific load of crap

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:40 pm

phil wrote:Again sex is observed at birth. Nobody has a gender assigned at birth, mainly as gender is socially constructed. Where as biological sex is not socially constructed. Its binary

Again, it's not the biological features that harm. As you say, they are given.

It's the secondary assumptions that are hurtful. I think the general message is 'keep an open mind'.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down