NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The entire system of American education needs to be bulldozed before it destroys this country irrevocably

3 posters

Go down

The entire system of American education needs to be bulldozed before it destroys this country irrevocably Empty The entire system of American education needs to be bulldozed before it destroys this country irrevocably

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 3:04 pm

This once venerated Capital city of the Inland Empire has for the last few generations been a rough town to live in and even tougher to escape. And given the fact that it will be bankrupt for the foreseeable future and that the only light at the end of the tunnel seems to be a freight train, perhaps I should lay my cards on the table -- since truth remains a dividend, even in an age that savors the bold-faced lie.

But first, the graduates. I would so prefer to say that by looking into your beaming faces I detect a true sense of hope. But since 80% of you are at this moment enthralled in that perpetual neurotic obsession with your cell phones taking “selfies,” I find myself again ignored and looking down on the tops of your heads -- an irritating pose I had grown accustomed to seeing you display these last few years. I have little doubt that your addiction to these devices, much like one who incessantly uses crack cocaine, has made you exponentially stupider than any class that has preceded you to this podium for their obligatory sheepskins. In the classroom, I watched you burst into tears as I attempted to confiscate your infernal contraption while I lectured and you fought with me, as if it was your divine right to watch rap videos, girl fights, or to text your homie who had just hit the streets from lock-up. A word of advice: any employer addled enough to hire you would fire you in a New York minute for 1/100th of the foolishness you pulled here, cupcakes.

For those -- and you know who you are -- who have been socially promoted to this semi-worthless diploma, I must tell you in all honesty that you are the functional illiterates of 2014. Unless you find an employer who gives out positions for extreme mascara application or has a job open for you to play video games for money, the lion’s share of you are destined for a career of public assistance, menial labor, or getting your “salad tossed” at a correctional facility. For those lucky enough to attend community college, a battery of remedial courses await that will attempt to teach you everything you should have learned here, should you awaken from your weed-induced fog. Hopefully, there you will accustom yourself to the idea that life is not one big rave and that human intelligence is a precious thing to cultivate and pass on. It sickens me to know that many of you cannot find France quickly on a map, conjugate the base verb “to be,” conduct the most rudimentary of calculations, or write a coherent paragraph about any topic more profound than some vacant reflection flowing from a debauched imagination.

For the great many of you Hispanic and African-American graduates, who readily place your shortcomings at the feet of white racism -- and even call your instructors such for rightly evaluating your work and behavior, know this: Despite everything the counselors told you here, the world will never be your oyster as long as you wear that hypocritical chip on your shoulder....

The entire system of American education is reeling like a five alarm drunk and needs to be bulldozed under before it destroys this country irrevocably. Special interests, a partisan political juggernaut and mountains of redistributed cash have created the most self-serving of oligarchies: guaranteeing a human product equipped for only the bare semblance of mediocrity. Until the entire rusting hulk is smashed into pieces and an accountable educational format can emerge out of its ashes, every class of graduates will be duller than the one preceding it. Common Core will only produce the commonest of intellects.

http://americanthinker.com/2014/05/graduation_day.html

Back to top Go down

The entire system of American education needs to be bulldozed before it destroys this country irrevocably Empty Re: The entire system of American education needs to be bulldozed before it destroys this country irrevocably

Post by Ben Reilly Sun May 25, 2014 5:23 pm

And stop playing on my lawn!!!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The entire system of American education needs to be bulldozed before it destroys this country irrevocably Empty Re: The entire system of American education needs to be bulldozed before it destroys this country irrevocably

Post by Guest Sun May 25, 2014 8:03 pm

Go fuck yourself.

Goodnight peeps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 26, 2014 7:27 am

America has a really weird relationship with education -- I promise, I have heard the same type of person who makes the points in the quote piece turn around and call Obama a snob for saying he wants every young American to go to university.

And of course, there's the most commonly-told story about Bill Gates, you can probably recite it along with me -- "He dropped out of college, and look where he is now!"

Of course, the college he dropped out of was Harvard, and of course, you have to actually be able to get into Harvard before you get the chance to drop out of Harvard. Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 26, 2014 6:55 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:America has a really weird relationship with education -- I promise, I have heard the same type of person who makes the points in the quote piece turn around and call Obama a snob for saying he wants every young American to go to university.

And of course, there's the most commonly-told story about Bill Gates, you can probably recite it along with me -- "He dropped out of college, and look where he is now!"

Of course, the college he dropped out of was Harvard, and of course, you have to actually be able to get into Harvard before you get the chance to drop out of Harvard. Smile

Laughed at that one.  So true.  Laughing 

And as one who sent a child not only through Harvard, but Harvard MBA and Harvard Law...you've got to be prepared to pay, pay, pay...and pay.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down