NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discovery of ‘Tendon Stem Cells’ Could Revolutionize How We Recover From Injuries

2 posters

Go down

Discovery of ‘Tendon Stem Cells’ Could Revolutionize How We Recover From Injuries Empty Discovery of ‘Tendon Stem Cells’ Could Revolutionize How We Recover From Injuries

Post by Guest Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:33 pm

Debilitating tendon injuries may soon be a thing of the past now that researchers have discovered the existence of “tendon stem cells” for the first time.

The buildup of scar tissue makes recovery from torn rotator cuffs, jumper’s knee, and other tendon injuries a painful, challenging process, often leading to secondary tendon ruptures.

New research led by Carnegie’s Chen-Ming Fan and published in Nature Cell Biology reveals the existence of tendon stem cells that could potentially be harnessed to improve tendon healing and even to avoid surgery.

“Tendons are connective tissue that tether our muscles to our bones,” Fan explained. “They improve our stability and facilitate the transfer of force that allows us to move. But they are also particularly susceptible to injury and damage.”

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/discovery-of-tendon-stem-cells/

Back to top Go down

Discovery of ‘Tendon Stem Cells’ Could Revolutionize How We Recover From Injuries Empty Re: Discovery of ‘Tendon Stem Cells’ Could Revolutionize How We Recover From Injuries

Post by eddie Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:03 pm

That’s amazing and could help many people without the need for surgery.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Discovery of ‘Tendon Stem Cells’ Could Revolutionize How We Recover From Injuries Empty Re: Discovery of ‘Tendon Stem Cells’ Could Revolutionize How We Recover From Injuries

Post by Original Quill Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:39 pm

As one physician (hematologist) told me, if the cell from which the template comes is cancerous, you may be acquiring and spreading cancer with stem cells.  Always a risk.  I looked into it before I had the prosthetic knee being replaced the original. I had hoped that stems cells could fix my deteriorating knee.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down