NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tory Candidate Amjad Bashir Suspended Over 'Anti-Semitic' Comments

2 posters

Go down

Tory Candidate Amjad Bashir Suspended Over 'Anti-Semitic' Comments Empty Tory Candidate Amjad Bashir Suspended Over 'Anti-Semitic' Comments

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:34 pm

A Tory election candidate has been suspended from the party after it emerged he claimed British Jews returning from Israel were “brainwashed extremists”.

Amjad Bashir, the would-be MP for North East Leeds, was told on Wednesday his membership of the Conservative Party had been revoked following a review of his conduct, according to a report in the Jewish Chronicle.

“Mr Bashir has been suspended from the party pending investigation and election support has been withdrawn,” a Conservative spokesman confirmed.

Bashir used a speech to the European Parliament in 2014 in Brussels, when he was an MEP for Ukip, to say: “Young men are going over from England where I come from – people of the Jewish faith who my grandchildren have grown up with as decent young men.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tory-candidate-amjad-bashir-suspended-over-anti-semitic-brainwashed-extremists-comment_uk_5dd527f2e4b0fc53f20bc095?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20vbmV3cy9zZWFyY2g_cT1hbWphZCtiYXNoaXImRk9STT1IRFJTQzY&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAwEOI2yE71jhhaO4gLt4zWj77mCjmSnL3JTFq2mqbyT3fy3d37Tp3g57RBoTQupWlFnkKb2Toc3ZzPIe-JfCuMlWfBMbO3quN-h-ZoMAvPKHHf9Yi0udy4Vsw4pv1bGy0Hqgn1OT6k9igSeIMdxxI_0cyFNvrW8DYTXQbgz0gcr

Back to top Go down

Tory Candidate Amjad Bashir Suspended Over 'Anti-Semitic' Comments Empty Re: Tory Candidate Amjad Bashir Suspended Over 'Anti-Semitic' Comments

Post by gelico Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:52 pm

it's clearly idiotic to take one personal experience and turn that into ''it's everyone''. i'm curious to know exactly what he meant by his remarks though. it's so vague

extremist how? give example of

brainwashed how? give example of

did not listen to reason? what reason?

and what on earth did he think was going on in Israel? he didn't say,,,

it's all a bit too vague to comment on imo

study

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Tory Candidate Amjad Bashir Suspended Over 'Anti-Semitic' Comments Empty Re: Tory Candidate Amjad Bashir Suspended Over 'Anti-Semitic' Comments

Post by Maddog Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:59 pm

phildidge wrote:A Tory election candidate has been suspended from the party after it emerged he claimed British Jews returning from Israel were “brainwashed extremists”.

Amjad Bashir, the would-be MP for North East Leeds, was told on Wednesday his membership of the Conservative Party had been revoked following a review of his conduct, according to a report in the Jewish Chronicle.

“Mr Bashir has been suspended from the party pending investigation and election support has been withdrawn,” a Conservative spokesman confirmed.

Bashir used a speech to the European Parliament in 2014 in Brussels, when he was an MEP for Ukip, to say: “Young men are going over from England where I come from – people of the Jewish faith who my grandchildren have grown up with as decent young men.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/tory-candidate-amjad-bashir-suspended-over-anti-semitic-brainwashed-extremists-comment_uk_5dd527f2e4b0fc53f20bc095?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmluZy5jb20vbmV3cy9zZWFyY2g_cT1hbWphZCtiYXNoaXImRk9STT1IRFJTQzY&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAwEOI2yE71jhhaO4gLt4zWj77mCjmSnL3JTFq2mqbyT3fy3d37Tp3g57RBoTQupWlFnkKb2Toc3ZzPIe-JfCuMlWfBMbO3quN-h-ZoMAvPKHHf9Yi0udy4Vsw4pv1bGy0Hqgn1OT6k9igSeIMdxxI_0cyFNvrW8DYTXQbgz0gcr

I love these stories. It doesnt fit nicely into any left-right boxes and the usual blatherers dont know what to blather.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Maddog wrote:
phildidge wrote:A Tory election candidate has been suspended from the party after it emerged he claimed British Jews returning from Israel were “brainwashed extremists”.

I love these stories.  It doesnt fit nicely into any left-right boxes and the usual blatherers dont know what to blather.  

My sentiments exactly mate

@Gelico I agree with your questions here

He clearly though is making disparaging views specifically to British Jews.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down