NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US envoy now admits quid pro quo over Ukraine

3 posters

Go down

US envoy now admits quid pro quo over Ukraine Empty US envoy now admits quid pro quo over Ukraine

Post by Andy Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:03 am

Good grief, this is seriously damaging toTrump.
It's all falling apart for the corrupt orange Russian stooge.

Trump's EU envoy admits Ukraine quid pro quo in updated testimony

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/05/trump-impeachment-sondland-ukraine-quid-pro-quo-latest?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

US envoy now admits quid pro quo over Ukraine Empty Re: US envoy now admits quid pro quo over Ukraine

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:36 pm

And now you've got Sen. Lindsey Graham disparaging this envoy as a "bureaucrat" when he was actually a wealthy businessman with no political experience who got his post after donating huge sums to Trump's campaign.

(Anybody besides me remember that Trump said he wouldn't accept donations, because he was so rich he didn't need them?)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

US envoy now admits quid pro quo over Ukraine Empty Re: US envoy now admits quid pro quo over Ukraine

Post by Original Quill Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:32 pm

Among other things about this comedy, how do you deny a catastrophe, and then say it slipped my mind?  It's like saying I don't remember a nuclear explosion, and then other witnesses refreshed my memory that an explosion took place?

Gordon Sondland, ambassador to the EU, at first testified to Congress that he knew nothing about a quid pro quo, when the truth is that the president admitted it to him in a phone call that very day.  He knew it was a bribery scheme because the president informed him, and then drafted his response.

He's like, Oh fuck, that's what he meant?  I don't think so.  He was reading all the writing on the wall and didn't want to get hit with a perjury charge, not to mention Contempt of Congress, accessory after-the-fact, and violation of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, as well as Campaign Finance Act (no foreign assistance).

The question is, whoever runs the Justice Department next, may still prosecute him.  He doesn't get off by saying, Oh, my bad!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down