NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ukraine: John Kerry's Warning To Russia The US Secretary of State warns Russia of serious repercussions following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine.

3 posters

Go down

Ukraine: John Kerry's Warning To Russia The US Secretary of State warns Russia of serious repercussions following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine. Empty Ukraine: John Kerry's Warning To Russia The US Secretary of State warns Russia of serious repercussions following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Ukraine: John Kerry's Warning To Russia
The US Secretary of State warns Russia of serious repercussions following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine.

US Secretary of State John Kerry has warned that western powers will "go to the hilt" to isolate Russia following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine.

The repercussions could include visa bans, asset freezes, and trade and investment penalties - as well as a boycott of a Russian-hosted economic summit of global powers in June.

The mobilisation of Russian troops amounts to "a stunning willful choice" by President Vladimir Putin to invade another country on a "trumped-up pretext", Mr Kerry said.

The Secretary of State has spoken to foreign ministers from the Group of Eight countries and says "every single one of them are prepared to go to the hilt in order to isolate Russia".

"They're prepared to put sanctions in place," said Mr Kerry.

"They're prepared to isolate Russia economically. The ruble is already going down. Russia has major economic challenges. I can't imagine that an occupation of another country is something that appeals to a people who are trying to reach out to the world, and particularly if it involves violence."

Ukraine's Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk has placed his military on full combat alert and called up all its reserves after Russia gave the go-ahead to send more troops into the country.

President Barack Obama spent 90 minutes on the phone with Mr Putin on Saturday, telling him Russia's actions were "a clear violation" of Ukraine's sovereignty.

http://news.sky.com/story/1219785/ukraine-john-kerrys-warning-to-russia

Back to top Go down

Ukraine: John Kerry's Warning To Russia The US Secretary of State warns Russia of serious repercussions following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine. Empty Re: Ukraine: John Kerry's Warning To Russia The US Secretary of State warns Russia of serious repercussions following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine.

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:52 pm

OK, who thinks this is basically Putin trying to get the old band back together?

Ukraine: John Kerry's Warning To Russia The US Secretary of State warns Russia of serious repercussions following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine. Ussr1950
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Ukraine: John Kerry's Warning To Russia The US Secretary of State warns Russia of serious repercussions following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine. Empty Re: Ukraine: John Kerry's Warning To Russia The US Secretary of State warns Russia of serious repercussions following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine.

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:56 pm

"I looked into his eyes and saw his soul." -- President Bush on Vladimir Putin

"I looked into his eyes and saw K.G.B." -- Sen. John McCain
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Sassy wrote:
Ukraine: John Kerry's Warning To Russia
The US Secretary of State warns Russia of serious repercussions following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine.

US Secretary of State John Kerry has warned that western powers will "go to the hilt" to isolate Russia following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine.

The repercussions could include visa bans, asset freezes, and trade and investment penalties - as well as a boycott of a Russian-hosted economic summit of global powers in June.

The mobilisation of Russian troops amounts to "a stunning willful choice" by President Vladimir Putin to invade another country on a "trumped-up pretext", Mr Kerry said.

The Secretary of State has spoken to foreign ministers from the Group of Eight countries and says "every single one of them are prepared to go to the hilt in order to isolate Russia".

"They're prepared to put sanctions in place," said Mr Kerry.

"They're prepared to isolate Russia economically. The ruble is already going down. Russia has major economic challenges. I can't imagine that an occupation of another country is something that appeals to a people who are trying to reach out to the world, and particularly if it involves violence."

Ukraine's Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk has placed his military on full combat alert and called up all its reserves after Russia gave the go-ahead to send more troops into the country.

President Barack Obama spent 90 minutes on the phone with Mr Putin on Saturday, telling him Russia's actions were "a clear violation" of Ukraine's sovereignty.

http://news.sky.com/story/1219785/ukraine-john-kerrys-warning-to-russia

Good afternoon Sassy.

I'm guessing Putin will not have to invade and Ukraine won't be partitioned. The teenage revolutionaries in Kiev will run out of money within the next few weeks or months and the Ukraine Armed forces will step in and take control. Their arms are supplied by the Russians and their officer class is trained by the Russians. New elections will be held within six months and a new set of political puppets will be put in control.

The interesting lesson of the last few months is the naivety of the EU negotiators who attached conditions to their offer of a free trade agreement (DCFTA) with the Ukraine which they knew would be unacceptable to the Russians. Why did they do this? Simple EU hubris.

Without doubt the Russians hold all the aces as they control the gas that Ukraine uses & as I've said before,Ukraine is up to it's eyeballs in debt so I reckon that Mr.Putin hopes to some extent that the EU bails out the Ukrainians with our billions,thus saving Russia from bailing them out.

It's all about money at the moment & Russia no more wants a war than anybody else does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:07 pm

As the EU had already put forward a rescue plan, I think you don't know what you're talking about  ::D::

PS, the Ukraine armed forces are already mobilised.

Ukraine has ordered a full military mobilisation in response to Russia's build-up of its forces in Crimea.

Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk said Ukraine was "on the brink of disaster".

In Crimea, Ukrainian soldiers faced off with Russian soldiers surrounding their bases while the Russian army is said to be digging trenches on the border with mainland Ukraine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26405635

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Sassy wrote:As the EU had already put forward a rescue plan, I think you don't know what you're talking about  ::D::

PS, the Ukraine armed forces are already mobilised.

Ukraine has ordered a full military mobilisation in response to Russia's build-up of its forces in Crimea.

Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk said Ukraine was "on the brink of disaster".

In Crimea, Ukrainian soldiers faced off with Russian soldiers surrounding their bases while the Russian army is said to be digging trenches on the border with mainland Ukraine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26405635

Well maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it.

It's all sabre rattling at the moment.And so what if Yatsenyuk said Ukraine was on the brink of disaster? He's just said that to gather support from the west.

No one has any stomach for a war out there & most of what we are hearing over here is hysterical media propaganda.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:27 pm

Well Shady, if you are right the world will be a safer place than I think it's going to be. Unfortunately, I don't think you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:34 pm

Sassy wrote:Well Shady, if you are right the world will be a safer place than I think it's going to be.   Unfortunately, I don't think you are.

Sassy we've seen these east v west scenarios dozens of times over the years haven't we? There have been so many so called 'close calls' such as the Cuban crisis & they all go away in the end....until the next one comes along.

What have the Russians got to gain if there is a full blown non nuclear war?....Nothing.

I hope I'm right in saying that all they are doing is flexing their muscles but if I'm wrong,& things do go nuclear I can offer you this one piece of calming knowledge......it will all be over for you & me very quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:36 pm

I don't think it will go nuclear, I think they can do a lot of damage without that. It will impact on Europe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Sassy wrote:I don't think it will go nuclear, I think they can do a lot of damage without that.   It will impact on Europe.

Agreed.I don't believe it will go nuclear nor do I think there will be a war with Europe...as long as Europe keeps it's nose out.Give it a few months & we'll all be talking about the next potential war zone.

North Korea is bound to make a load of threats again soon & something will kick off in the Middle east or Northern Africa.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:42 pm

I hope you are right Shady, but don't think you are. Poland is going to be very wary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:47 pm

Sassy wrote:I hope you are right Shady, but don't think you are.  Poland is going to be very wary.

What are you thinking Sassy? That the Russians will invade Europe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:21 pm

No, it could certainly destabilise that end of Europe, who knows what the knock on effects could be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:27 pm

I've just been reading this article from SKY NEWS...

Ukraine has launched a treason case against its new navy chief after he switched allegiance to the pro-Russian Crimea region amid escalating tensions in the country.

Rear Admiral Denis Berezovsky, chief of Ukraine's Black Sea naval fleet, was appointed head of the navy on Saturday and the Kiev government was claiming that its Black Sea fleet remained loyal just a few hours ago.

Ukraine's leader has accused Russia of declaring war on his country and warned the nation was on the "brink of disaster".

Appealing to the international community for help, Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk said: "This is the red alert, this is not a threat, this is actually a declaration of war to my country."

Ukraine has mobilised its military and called up all its reserves after Russia gave the go-ahead to send more troops into the country, in what has become the biggest confrontation between Moscow and the West since the Cold War.

World leaders say the deepening crisis is just "a pace away from catastrophe", where the smallest act could take it "over the edge".

The US Secretary of State John Kerry has condemned Moscow's "incredible act of aggression" in Ukraine, and warned of "very serious repercussions" including sanctions to isolate Russia economically.

"You just don't in the 21st century behave in a 19th century fashion by invading another country on a completely trumped up pretext," he told the CBS programme Face The Nation.

Nato's Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has called on Russia to de-escalate tensions.

"What Russia is doing now in Ukraine violates the principles of the United Nations charter. It threatens peace and security in Europe," he said.

In response to the military action in Ukraine, Britain and France have pulled out of preparations for a summit of world leaders in the Russian resort of Sochi in June.

British Prime Minister David Cameron also said it would be "wrong" for ministers to attend the Paralympics in Sochi because of the "serious situation" in Ukraine.

UK Foreign Secretary William Hague, who is flying to the Ukrainian capital Kiev, said the country's sovereignty and territorial integrity had been "violated".

Russian forces have taken over the Ukraine's southeast Crimea region where Moscow has a naval base, and more troops are on their way, prompting accusations of a "military invasion".

Despite mounting international condemnation, Russian President Vladimir Putin has declared he has the right to protect Russian citizens and interests in Ukraine.

This is the same justification used in the 2008 invasion of Georgia over two breakaway regions, which have large ethnic Russian populations.

On Saturday, US President Barack Obama warned Mr Putin during a 90-minute phone call that Russia had flouted international law and urged him to withdraw forces.

In the latest development of the unfolding crisis, hundreds of suspected Russian troops have surrounded a Ukraine military base, preventing soldiers from going in or out.

The convoy blockading the site near the region's capital Simferopol includes at least 17 military vehicles, which have Russian number plates.

The Ukrainian personnel inside have blocked the gate with a tank.

Meanwhile, there have been pro-Moscow demonstrations in east Ukraine, where most people speak Russian.

But in Kiev's Independence Square, where months of protests led to the downfall of pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych, there were demonstrations against military action.

Speaking about the Ukraine, former Liberal Democrat leader Paddy Ashdown, who served in the special forces, told Sky's Murnaghan programme: "I think we are a pace away from catastrophe at the moment.

"It would require one foolish act, I don't know, a trigger happy Russian soldier, a Ukrainian guard who acts aggressively at one of these institutions that has been taken over by Russia or Russian supporters.

"A foolish act now could tip us over the edge. The one thing that is absolutely essential now is that the West speaks with a single voice."

This was echoed by Sir Tony Brenton, the former British ambassador to Russia, who told Murnaghan: "It only requires one person to make a mistake for things to go very badly wrong."

Ukraine's population is divided in loyalties between Russia and the West.

Much of western Ukraine advocating closer ties with the European Union. However, the eastern and southern regions look to Russia for support.

Crimea has 2.3 million inhabitants, most of whom identify themselves as ethnic Russians and speak Russian.

.......But it was these 2 paragraphs that really caught my attention:

The US Secretary of State John Kerry has condemned Moscow's "incredible act of aggression" in Ukraine, and warned of "very serious repercussions" including sanctions to isolate Russia economically.

"You just don't in the 21st century behave in a 19th century fashion by invading another country on a completely trumped up pretext," he told the CBS programme Face The Nation.....

So what about when the US & UK invaded Iraq?

The American government knows no boundry when it comes to hypocrisy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:34 pm

Faux News and the righties are all up in arms about the lack of a US response. But of course, they look for any excuse to start a war. Iraq was a Republican move, for which I'm betting Republicans will cease to be a political party in the near future.

The Ukraine's not a US problem. It involves something on the other side of the planet. If anything, it's Europe's problem. You guys cover it and let us know...you know, what happens.

Ta...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:Faux News and the righties are all up in arms about the lack of a US response.  But of course, they look for any excuse to start a war.  Iraq was a Republican move, for which I'm betting Republicans will cease to be a political party in the near future.

The Ukraine's not a US problem.  It involves something on the other side of the planet.  If anything, it's Europe's problem.  You guys cover it and let us know...you know, what happens.

Ta...

Ah but America in the past was always slow on the up take where something may lead to, it has taken that option before, only to then actually involve themselves Quill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:58 pm

It's a special problem for the right.  They love their wars, and they have a veritable erection for anything involving Russia.

But we have no stake in a game on the Black Sea.  It's a European problem.  America's issue is with the Americas, and the Monroe Doctrine.  The only time we get involved in these affrays is when the RW is in charge.  And they are paralyzed at the present.

Just like Syria, it's a good time to sit back and watch.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Original Quill wrote:It's a special problem for the right.  They love their wars, and they have a veritable erection for anything involving Russia.

But we have no stake in a game on the Black Sea.  It's a European problem.  America's issue is with the Americas, and the Monroe Doctrine.  The only time we get involved in these affrays is when the RW is in charge.  And they are paralyzed at the present.

Good afternoon Quill.

No offence meant but please keep it that way as we do not want your government sticking their noses into Ukraine.

The Russians are doing a fine job of keeping the lid on things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:38 pm

Shady wrote:
Original Quill wrote:It's a special problem for the right.  They love their wars, and they have a veritable erection for anything involving Russia.

Good afternoon Quill.

No offence meant but please keep it that way as we do not want your government sticking their noses into Ukraine.

The Russians are doing a fine job of keeping the lid on things.

Hello Shady,

Read my lips. Righties start wars, lefties must clean up after. If you have any influence with the fascists on this side of the pond, be my guest.

S. Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham is suggesting that NATO invite Georgia to join. Can you imagine anything more provocative than a former Russian state joining a mutual-aid pact to protect against Russia? Not to mention how disingenuous it would be.

I don't have any more faith in the inept EU to handle matters, but at least it won't be us.

Have fun...ta..

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Faux News and the righties are all up in arms about the lack of a US response. But of course, they look for any excuse to start a war.

Hmm.

The US Secretary of State warns Russia of serious repercussions

Could it be the right and Fox news are concerned Kerry is throwing around idle threats that make the US appear weak? What is your interpretation of  "serious repercussions.". My guess is you mean, Writing them a nasty letter and tell them how disappointed in their actions we are?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:35 pm

Ukraine: John Kerry's Warning To Russia The US Secretary of State warns Russia of serious repercussions following its "incredible act of aggression" towards Ukraine. GOP-Putin_zps4aaca20a
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:40 pm

The American right has been so hypocritical on all this -- check out how they flip-flop between when Bush was in office and now:

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down