NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pentagon chief vows to cooperate with impeachment probe

+2
Lurker
Original Quill
6 posters

Go down

Pentagon chief vows to cooperate with impeachment probe  Empty Pentagon chief vows to cooperate with impeachment probe

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:36 pm

AFP wrote:Pentagon chief vows to cooperate with impeachment probe

Daniel WOOLLS
AFP•October 13, 2019

Washington (AFP) - US Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Sunday the Pentagon would cooperate with the congressional impeachment inquiry -- in an apparent break with President Donald Trump's policy to thwart the probe.

Esper said his department would try to comply with a subpoena from House Democrats seeking records relating to the withholding of US military aid to Ukraine.

"We will do everything we can to cooperate with the Congress," Esper said on CBS's Face The Nation.

His reassurance came days after the White House announced it would not cooperate with the Democratic-led House of Representatives, calling its impeachment push illegitimate and unconstitutional.

Democrats are seeking information related to Trump pressing his Ukrainian counterpart to uncover dirt on 2020 US presidential contender Joe Biden -- and the alleged conditioning of military aid on that favor.

Democrats slapped subpoenas Monday on the Pentagon and White House, demanding documents tied to Trump's withholding of almost $400 million desperately needed by Kiev in its conflict with Russia over Moscow's 2014 annexation of Crimea.

Esper told Fox News Sunday that administration officials and Trump himself may place restrictions on the release of documents demanded by the subpoena.

"I don't know the status of what that document preparation is. I don't know what restrictions they will have internally," Esper said.

"The White House has a say on the release of documents as well. There are a number of things that play into this."

Democrats obtained a string of text messages between US diplomats that showed the Trump administration's effort to pressure Ukraine into investigating Biden and his son Hunter, and that some diplomats in the text chain expressed concern that such actions were inappropriate.

- 'Absolutely illegal' -

On Tuesday, Trump's White House counsel Pat Cipollone sent senior Democrats an eight-page letter declaring the inquiry illegitimate. The letter has been rejected by experts as having little legal basis.

The Democrats' subpoenas focus in part is on Trump's July 25 call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

A released rough transcript of the call shows the two leaders discussed Zelensky's desire to receive the military aid, followed by Trump responding that "I would like you to do us a favor though," and then bringing up Biden.

Esper was asked by Fox News if Trump had explained why he held up the aid, against the guidance of the Pentagon, and replied: "I have nothing to share with you on this."

Details of the call emerged last month in an explosive whistleblower complaint by an unidentified intelligence official.

The scandal is unusual in that the substantive misconduct -- Trump soliciting an investigation of a potential 2020 election rival from a foreign country -- is acknowledged by both sides.

At dispute is whether the phone call constituted a crime or an impeachable offense.

Federal Election Chairwoman Ellen Weintraub has declined to discuss the specifics of Trump's case.

But she told MSNBC earlier this month that "the law is pretty clear... It is absolutely illegal for anyone to solicit, accept, or receive anything of value from a foreign national in connection with any election in the United States."

Sunday's morning talk shows, in a repeat of last week, were notable for the absence of key administration officials willing to publicly defend Trump's actions.

Former Ohio governor John Kasich told CNN's State of the Union however that his fellow Republicans needed to "look in the mirror" and speak out on the Ukraine call.

"Figure out how you want to be remembered later... There's nothing wrong with telling the truth and sharing your real feelings," he said.

Trump's criminal conspiracy is falling apart. Looks like people within it are getting worried.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Pentagon chief vows to cooperate with impeachment probe  Empty Re: Pentagon chief vows to cooperate with impeachment probe

Post by Lurker Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:18 pm

I hope they end up executing the orange faced piece of shit.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Pentagon chief vows to cooperate with impeachment probe  Empty Re: Pentagon chief vows to cooperate with impeachment probe

Post by Andy Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:29 pm

It's the last leg. Trump will either quit, or get arrested or both.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:54 pm

I was 50/50 with Trump, till he dropped the Kurds in it , now I'm evaluating my % !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:59 pm

Andy wrote:It's the last leg. Trump will either quit, or get arrested or both.

If he quits, he will get arrested.  He was a criminal before he took office (hence why he wouldn't disclose his tax records).  His father illegally passed on his (father's) estate to the children.  Trump's sister, a federal judge, has resigned her position rather than be investigated by the Federal Judiciary.  All of the espionage and sedition Trump has done since the campaign and into office, will also come out.

Trump may just stay in office, alleging that subsequent elections were rigged, and become permanent president, as China has done. If Trump leaves office he will certainly pardon all his surrounding wrongdoers.  He cannot pardon himself, though, and if he doesn't get control he might pull a Snowden: quick exit to Russia, asking for asylum,  to live out his days.  (That may the reason why Trump Tower Moscow is so important to him).

The pardon power and the possibility of a quick exit are the reasons Congress and Democratic administration will have to move fast.  They must first take the position that since Russia rigged certain voting machines, he was never legally the president.  Meddling in our elections will annul any step taken, as it is fruit of the poisonous tree.  This must be applied retroactively.  Subsequently, of course, the pardons are a nullity.  Likewise, anything else that needs to be undone, such as treaties, foreign policy, etc.  Other things may be corrected by executive order, or acts of Congress, by incoming Democratic administrations.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:05 pm

nicko wrote:I was 50/50 with Trump, till he dropped the Kurds in it , now I'm evaluating my % !

That was certainly disgraceful. It is not too far afield, however, from what he has been doing by breaking up families seeking asylum, and caging the children. He killed six children that way.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:19 pm

Putin will welcome his money, but not him.
I can see Trump having an 'accident, heart attack, or some trouble with Novichok. The US Mafia mixing with Moscow Mafia will never have a good outcome.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:56 pm

Biden has already buried two of his kids in the most tragic of circumstances, and his first wife died too. One of his kids who died of a brain tumour was an army guy, conscription being something Trump pointedly avoided.

Trust shameless Trump to go after the one surviving Biden sibling (called Hunter). Any DECENT human being would've cut poor Hunter some slack. Trump has a brood of kids and they are heavily involved in White House matters even tho no one voted for them.

If this shameless wickedness precipitates his impeachment, he has no one but himself to blame.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:02 am

He has no morals of any kind, and no conscience to bother him.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:59 am

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:I was 50/50 with Trump, till he dropped the Kurds in it , now I'm evaluating my % !

That was certainly disgraceful.  It is not too far afield, however, from what he has been doing by breaking up families seeking asylum, and caging the children.  He killed six children that way.

And terrorized hundreds. I like the way South Park put it recently -- Trump did his best, albeit unwittingly, to create the "Mexican Joker" -- i.e., the person who will become so obsessed with the way the U.S. government treated them that they will do anything to see the U.S. gravely hurt.

That's what happens when people don't treat one another like equal human beings. It gives rise to a hatred that most of us here on NF couldn't understand.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:09 pm

Trump is the worst scum individual that has ever lived. He has ZERO morals, ZERO intelligence and ZERO reason for being alive.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Don't you like him then ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:07 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That was certainly disgraceful.  It is not too far afield, however, from what he has been doing by breaking up families seeking asylum, and caging the children.  He killed six children that way.

And terrorized hundreds. I like the way South Park put it recently -- Trump did his best, albeit unwittingly, to create the "Mexican Joker" -- i.e., the person who will become so obsessed with the way the U.S. government treated them that they will do anything to see the U.S. gravely hurt.

That's what happens when people don't treat one another like equal human beings. It gives rise to a hatred that most of us here on NF couldn't understand.

That's capitalism. That's Republicanism. The chickens will come home to roost.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down