NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 72 hours, Trump really out-Trumped himself, concluding, "I am the Chosen One" (seriously)

+2
'Wolfie
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Over 72 hours, Trump really out-Trumped himself, concluding, "I am the Chosen One" (seriously) Empty Over 72 hours, Trump really out-Trumped himself, concluding, "I am the Chosen One" (seriously)

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:26 pm

President Donald Trump repeatedly threatened to release ISIS fighters in Europe as a form of punishment for countries like Germany and France; said he’s strongly considering trying to change the Constitution by executive order (it doesn’t work that way); indicated he hasn’t ruled out trying to illegally serve more than two terms; rewrote history during comments about Russia’s expulsion from the G8 that framed the situation in the most pro-Kremlin manner possible; and, despite five draft deferments, joked about giving himself the Medal of Honor.

That was Wednesday. And that’s an incomplete list of all the outlandish stuff Trump said on that day alone.

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/22/20827949/trump-chosen-one-greenland-bizarreness-explained

Best theory that I've found is that he's trying to ramp up enthusiasm among his hardcore supporters to make sure they make it to the polls in a year or so -- by feeding them liberal outrage at his antics. It would be a clever ploy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Over 72 hours, Trump really out-Trumped himself, concluding, "I am the Chosen One" (seriously) Empty Re: Over 72 hours, Trump really out-Trumped himself, concluding, "I am the Chosen One" (seriously)

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:34 am

Arrow

Trump's already talking about trying for a third term ???

He has to win that second term yet !!!
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Over 72 hours, Trump really out-Trumped himself, concluding, "I am the Chosen One" (seriously) Empty Re: Over 72 hours, Trump really out-Trumped himself, concluding, "I am the Chosen One" (seriously)

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:22 am

'Wolfie wrote:Arrow

Trump's already talking about trying for a third term  ???

He has to win that second term yet  !!!

I don't think he intends the follow the Constitution. He'll complain the election was rigged, and claim that he is staying on to provide some order while they redo it.

Then he'll never leave. I told you, he is Caligula.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:20 am

Original Quill wrote:
'Wolfie wrote:Arrow

Trump's already talking about trying for a third term  ???

He has to win that second term yet  !!!

I don't think he intends the follow the Constitution.  He'll complain the election was rigged, and claim that he is staying on to provide some order while they redo it.

Then he'll never leave.  I told you, he is Caligula.  

quill, i have no idea where the link is but i read the other day that he has around 30+% of the black votes

is that true?

only i think when he started out it was around 3%, or at any rate it was very low

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:25 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't think he intends the follow the Constitution. He'll complain the election was rigged, and claim that he is staying on to provide some order while they redo it.

Then he'll never leave. I told you, he is Caligula.

quill, i have no idea where the link is but i read the other day that he has around 30+% of the black votes

is that true?

only i think when he started out it was around 3%, or at any rate it was very low

No, not today. Over a year ago, in April 2018, there was what they call a Kanye Effect, after the rapper Kanye West declared his support for President Trump. A Reuters poll, conducted April 29th 2018, put Trump’s approval among black men at 22 percent. The poll taken the month prior put that figure at 11 percent. However, black women are consistently off the charts against Trump.

Eight percent of black voters voted for Trump in 2016. In none of the past four Presidential elections did a Republican garner over 10% of the black vote. Trump's 'we/they' approach to blacks and his white nationalism philosophy keep him at great distance from most black voters.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
President Donald Trump repeatedly threatened to release ISIS fighters in Europe as a form of punishment for countries like Germany and France; said he’s strongly considering trying to change the Constitution by executive order (it doesn’t work that way); indicated he hasn’t ruled out trying to illegally serve more than two terms; rewrote history during comments about Russia’s expulsion from the G8 that framed the situation in the most pro-Kremlin manner possible; and, despite five draft deferments, joked about giving himself the Medal of Honor.

That was Wednesday. And that’s an incomplete list of all the outlandish stuff Trump said on that day alone.

https://www.vox.com/2019/8/22/20827949/trump-chosen-one-greenland-bizarreness-explained

Best theory that I've found is that he's trying to ramp up enthusiasm among his hardcore supporters to make sure they make it to the polls in a year or so -- by feeding them liberal outrage at his antics. It would be a clever ploy.

He likes to troll people.

His comments are directed at his detractors as much as his supporters.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:55 pm

It's a line that would have been avoided by a more prudent politician, but I don't think it was a mad man proclaiming his deity.

Of course, because he is who he is, its a line that came to him more easily.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

is that true?

No, not today.  Over a year ago, in April 2018, there was what they call a Kanye Effect, after the rapper Kanye West declared his support for President Trump. A Reuters poll, conducted April 29th 2018, put Trump’s approval among black men at 22 percent. The poll taken the month prior put that figure at 11 percent.  However, black women are consistently off the charts against Trump.

Eight percent of black voters voted for Trump in 2016. In none of the past four Presidential elections did a Republican garner over 10% of the black vote.  Trump's 'we/they' approach to blacks and his white nationalism philosophy keep him at great distance from most black voters.

oh, ok. thanks for the update quill

i did think it sounded way too high. i know he gained some support via Kanye but he hardly had any to start with so,,,,,

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:36 am

Basketball

Individual polls can have a wide disparity depending on when and where they are taken, the type of people being polled (i.e. "demographics"), the size of the sample group polled, and even the way the questions are framed...

Several polls over a longer period compared together, and analysed for overall trends, will tend to level out and compensate for such inconsistencies over the long run..

I will be surprised if Trump's overall support and approval ratings averaged out ever top (or even reach) 40% over the actual term of his presidency.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:46 am

Most people in power are over-inflated with ego....most ordinary people are too.
Perhaps Trump is just more outspoken about it than most.

Or perhaps he’s an idiot.

Or an outspoken idiot.

I like outspoken people though. Even if they’re idiots.

Beats a robot.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:22 am

eddie wrote:Most people in power are over-inflated with ego....most ordinary people are too.
Perhaps Trump is just more outspoken about it than most.

Or perhaps he’s an idiot.

Or an outspoken idiot.

I like outspoken people though. Even if they’re idiots.

Beats a robot.

He's an outspoken monster. I guess that's better than a reticent monster!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:30 am

Monsters are monsters.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down