NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can we afford this?

2 posters

Go down

How can we afford this? Empty How can we afford this?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:47 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2566305/We-open-chequebook-rebuild-Ukraine-says-Osborne-Chancellor-offers-millions-new-government.html

So when it comes to foreign countries we have an open cheque book.

Yet a couple of weeks ago it was made very clear that there will be no open cheque book for flood victims in this country.

So can someone explain to me why we have unlimited funds to give to people abroad but are limited in helping those in our own country?

Back to top Go down

How can we afford this? Empty Re: How can we afford this?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:48 am

This will look good to Europe, and will bring untold riches to the MPs in later life, with those non-jobs with very high salaries in Europe.

All funded by the British taxpayer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:51 am

sphinx wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2566305/We-open-chequebook-rebuild-Ukraine-says-Osborne-Chancellor-offers-millions-new-government.html

Yet a couple of weeks ago it was made very clear that there will be no open cheque book for flood victims in this country.

So can someone explain to me why we have unlimited funds to give to people abroad but are limited in helping those in our own country?

I read that and thought exactly the same thing. Vote UKIP and get a government that puts British people first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:56 am

sphinx wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2566305/We-open-chequebook-rebuild-Ukraine-says-Osborne-Chancellor-offers-millions-new-government.html

That is what happens when some vote Conservative Sphinx, I'm all for helping folk, but our own folk first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:57 am

Perhaps this kind of think should be left to charities. When the tsunami happened, loads of people contributed, so they might contribute to this sort of thing. I don't think tax money should be used when there are so many problems in this country.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 am

Joy Division wrote:

That is what happens when some vote Conservative  Sphinx, I'm all for helping folk, but our own folk first.

Labour are no better when it comes to spending the tax payers' money though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

That is what happens when some vote Conservative  Sphinx, I'm all for helping folk, but our own folk first.

...yes, they have made some mistakes too

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:03 am

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Indeed. For example, they pretended that they were spending the tax payers money to help the people in Iraq free themselves from a dictator when the WMD were not found. Unfortunately, that money also paid for them to kill loads of people.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:27 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Indeed. For example, they pretended that they were spending the tax payers money to help the people in Iraq free themselves from a dictator when the WMD were not found. Unfortunately, that money also paid for them to kill loads of people.

Wasn't the money well spent indeed on freeing those oppressed people?, Saddam was captured and executed, also many people in Afghanistan are now free of the Taliban, I'm not sure if it will stay like that...

Bit had that have been is living under a cruel dictator,me old you not like to think someone came to our rescue?..

As for the WMD,how the hell were Tony Blair and George Bush to know SURE there were no WMD?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am

Joy Division wrote:

Eh? lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:38 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Eh?  lol

Yes Andy, that sadly is the reality Sir!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:39 am

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Eh?  lol

Yes Andy, that sadly is the reality Sir!

All you had to do was add Labour and Lib Dem in JD, I think you'd have garnered a little respect from most posters.

You chose the "pleb" route.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:54 am

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Wasn't the money well spent indeed on freeing those oppressed people?, Saddam was captured and executed, also many people in Afghanistan are now free of the Taliban, I'm not sure if it will stay like that...

Bit had that have been is living under a cruel dictator,me old you not like to think someone came to our rescue?..

As for the WMD,how  the hell were Tony Blair and George Bush to know SURE there were no WMD?

I think you will find that conditions in Iraq are now worse than during the Saddam era - and within a few years the same will be the case in Afghanistan (if it isnt already).

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:56 am

Joy Division wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

As for the WMD,how  the hell were Tony Blair and George Bush to know SURE there were no WMD?

Not really because things aren't much better there now. Anyway, Blair only thought of that after he discovered there were no WMD. One doesn't invade another country "in case" they have WMD - Blair and Bush based their argument on very flimsy evidence and the say so of others who also had no idea.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Not really because things aren't much better there now. Anyway, Blair only thought of that after he discovered there were no WMD. One doesn't invade another country "in case" they have WMD - Blair and Bush based their argument on very flimsy evidence and the say so of others who also had no idea.

100% agree ragga they are no better off now it was never about freeing people it was about freeing oil and other minerals. our PM of the day John Howard jumped right aboard... but I do beleive he managed to negotiate some pretty good trade deals out of it.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down