NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you want more kids than you can afford, it's not my job to pay for them

3 posters

Go down

If you want more kids than you can afford, it's not my job to pay for them Empty If you want more kids than you can afford, it's not my job to pay for them

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:30 am

Poor people are being told to stop having children. It’s an outrage!
Within minutes of the Chancellor George Osborne announcing in his Summer Budget that those starting a family after April 2017 will only be entitled to child tax credits for their first two children, there was uproar.This announcement, then, was tantamount to Osborne standing in the street, presumably while wearing a top hat and tails, and shouting “Poor people – stop breeding!” This was the State trying to take away the fundamental right for people to have the family they choose.Except – and apologies for making this small point of fact – it isn’t anything of the sort.The reality is that there are only two groups of people in this country who get to choose how many children they have without worrying about the costs of raising them: the very rich, and the very poor.Everyone else in the middle has to make a financial decision, long before anyone thinks about buying prams, about whether they can afford to have them or not.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11726755/If-you-want-more-kids-than-you-can-afford-its-not-my-job-to-pay-for-them.html

Back to top Go down

If you want more kids than you can afford, it's not my job to pay for them Empty Re: If you want more kids than you can afford, it's not my job to pay for them

Post by nicko Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:33 am

Family allowance should be stopped after 3 children as well.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

If you want more kids than you can afford, it's not my job to pay for them Empty Re: If you want more kids than you can afford, it's not my job to pay for them

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:49 am

To be honest given that the world is quickly approaching capacity of population i am not completely adversed to a two child limit

sounds weird i know and they are some "exceptions" i would consider fair however financial is not one of them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:15 am

The Tory strategy of divide and rule seems to be working.  How about we say that if someone doesn't have any children and needs nursing or care in later life they don't get any - after all, they didn't contribute to the work force.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:55 am

It's not fair. And before anyone objects, this actually doesn't affect me as I have two children and we don't qualify for tax credits anyway.

But saying new claimants can only claim for two??
That smells like domination to me! In other words, we want you to stop breeding but we can't say it outright!

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:08 am

dictatorship

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:42 am

Laughing Out Loud wrote:dictatorship

Exactly
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:47 am

Three children is enough for any family, why should the government pay for more? Should not get any money after the 3rd. you have 'em you should pay for them.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:49 am

nicko wrote:Three children is enough for any family,  why should the government pay for more?  Should not get any money after the 3rd.   you have 'em you should pay for them.

I would go further Nicko
Why should the goverment have to pay anything for people wanting to have children?
I understand where they fall on hard times, but if you cannot afford to have children, then you should not have children.
Its the parents responsibility to pay for the upbringing of children.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:55 am

Problem is didge in the heat of passion people don't think of any thing but that "moment". Confucious he say " standing cock has no conscience"
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:02 am

nicko wrote:Problem is didge in the heat of passion people don't think of any thing but that "moment".  Confucious he say "  standing cock has no conscience"

lol!

Again though people have to understand if they wish to have children, it is their resposibility, financially to raise.
The problems of today's society has an ever growing problem where people now demand everything done for them.
They forget how privileged they are, by being born into this society.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:10 am

I just love it when minions know their place and request to be kicked by the over privileged.

Good job the poor have babies so the rich can use them for servants lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:11 am

sassy wrote:I just love it when minions know their place and request to be kicked by the over privileged.  

Nice of you to speak so lowly about people.
Again having children is the finnancial responsibility of the people who wish to raise them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:15 am

Continue to bow and scrape Didge, it turns the stomach of people who have pride. Ask to be kicked a bit harder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:17 am

sassy wrote:Continue to bow and scrape Didge, it turns the stomach of people who have pride.  Ask to be kicked a bit harder.

You prove my point on people who fail to grasp how privilidged they are to be born into this society.
They wrongly think everything should be given onto them on a plate by doing as little as possible.
If people want children, they bare the responsibility for doing so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:18 pm

It's funny how the two child policy has now been introduced now IDS has claimed his child benefit . I bet he didn't refuse the payments each month for his four kids .

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:50 pm

I believe child benefit [family allowance] is not being cut.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Firstly, child tax credits are there only to help WORKING families on low income - it increase and bumps up their money to bring them into an earnings bracket where they need to be.

It's okay for certain people to say that no one should pay for children but the parents - but what if a couple are earning enough then suddenly one of them loses their job, or dies, or takes a pay cut, or has to stop,working for another reason?
Why shouldn't they get help?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:23 pm

If you want loads of children then you should pay for them!!!

I don't see what's so wrong with that.

Plus don't forget that the state will still pick up most of the costs for them, £6000 a year each year for each child's school place for example, plus any medical or dentist bills.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:49 pm

nicko wrote:I believe child benefit [family allowance] is not being cut.

I think it has been talked about last December by IDS so it might be the next to be limited to two children .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:51 pm

eddie wrote:Firstly, child tax credits are there only to help WORKING families on low income - it increase and bumps up their money to bring them into an earnings bracket where they need to be.

It's okay for certain people to say that no one should pay for children but the parents - but what if a couple are earning enough then suddenly one of them loses their job, or dies, or takes a pay cut, or has to stop,working for another reason?
Why shouldn't they get help?

Good question eddie after all who knows the future , this is just plain simple spite to punish the poor once again .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down