NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez

+4
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
'Wolfie
Original Quill
8 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 Empty Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://www.newsweek.com/mini-aoc-twitter-pulled-mocking-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-1447506

I mean people rightly mock Trump all the time, in fact Saturday night live do a running comedy sketch each week. Yet the Far left are so angered, they target a little girl who in fact is really funny. Its time people started speaking out against the far left

Here she is taking the mick out of Ocasio-Cortez. Which is apt because Ocasio-Cortez. was caught out crying over an empty car park

Back to top Go down

Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 Empty Re: Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:20 am

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

One doesn't have to be protective of those one loves to make the point that Ben did. I agree with him, and I'm not being protective of anyone really.

I just think that internet trolls and nutters are here to stay, and exposing a kid to that kind of thing is foolish. I also think that children shouldn't be showing off on You Tube, especially mocking someone else.

But you are not the parents of the child or can sway what is best for this child, can you?

You know nothing about her and she clearly enjoyed this as humour herself and enjoyed the fame

So what if she enjoyed it? Others clearly didn't, and her parents should have known they wouldn't - what with all the nutters out there. If you put yourself out there on the internet with your real name, you have to be aware of what you're doing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 Empty Re: Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:24 am

Who cares if others did not enjoy a littrle girl being very funny. It proves they are having a sense of humour failure, as the girl is not being nasty at all. Its simple an imperssion. So the girl is not the problem, but those stupidily taking offense, they need to get a life. As they are being ruled by their extreme political beliefs. I bet these same people laugh their arses off when ever Trump is mocked with impressions. 

She never put her real name out there, she was doxed and then recieved death threats. Those who doxed her, were clearly motivated through a vile and vindicitive nature. These very people clearly hold a view to censure said comedy, because this is what the extreme left is all about, Totalitarian control. The point you fail to grasp

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:31 am

phildidge wrote:Who cares if others did not enjoy a littrle girl being very funny. It proves they are having a sense of humour failure, as the girl is not being nasty at all. Its simple an imperssion. So the girl is not the problem, but those stupidily taking offense, they need to get a life. As they are being ruled by their extreme political beliefs. I bet these same people laugh their arses off when ever Trump is mocked with impressions. 

She never put her real name out there, she was doxed and then recieved death threats. Those who doxed her, were clearly motivated through a vile and vindicitive nature. These very people clearly hold a view to censure said comedy, because this is what the extreme left is all about, Totalitarian control. The point you fail to grasp

Perhaps you should write them all a letter to tell them they have no sense of humour.

Her real name is out there - in the press. Who gave it to them?

The point you fail to grasp is that the internet has a dark side, and no amount of posturing will change that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:36 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:Who cares if others did not enjoy a littrle girl being very funny. It proves they are having a sense of humour failure, as the girl is not being nasty at all. Its simple an imperssion. So the girl is not the problem, but those stupidily taking offense, they need to get a life. As they are being ruled by their extreme political beliefs. I bet these same people laugh their arses off when ever Trump is mocked with impressions. 

Perhaps you should write them all a letter to tell them they have no sense of humour.

Her real name is out there - in the press. Who gave it to them?

The point you fail to grasp is that the internet has a dark side, and no amount of posturing will change that.

1. Happy to do so, but unlike them I would not dox them and place their life in danger

2. Shje was still doxed, as her name maybe out there, but not her home phone number or address

3. The poiint you miss, is that this is comedy and you should be sdtanding behind her against such extremists, who wish to shut down anything they do not like. Either you want to live in a free society or bow down to people who want to obtain power and control your life

Here some more humour for you

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:38 am

Comedy is very subjective - that's what you have to grasp.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:40 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Comedy is very subjective - that's what you have to grasp.

And nobody says you have to like it, but you should defend the right of free speech and again stand behind her doing so.
As again its the extreme left and right that do want to censure speech. To what they want society to listen to. Every rational person should be against that form of control happenning

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:49 am

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Comedy is very subjective - that's what you have to grasp.

And nobody says you have to like it, but you should defend the right of free speech and again stand behind her doing so.
As again its the extreme left and right that do want to censure speech. To what they want society to listen to. Every rational person should be against that form of control happenning

It's nothing to do with free speech, it's about making choices as to whether to put yourself out there or not. She can do other stuff - original stuff rather than impersonate someone else.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:54 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

It's nothing to do with free speech, it's about making choices as to whether to put yourself out there or not. She can do other stuff - original stuff rather than impersonate someone else.

It has everything to do with free speech. As the people who doxed her were no doubt the same people sending death threats. Which when death threats happen, they are hoping to shut down said people from performing. Its using fear to control people and this is what has happened here. Its what Islamic extremists use as well. Its why they post videos of cutting peoples heads off. Its fear being invoked to control people. Which worked so well when the vast majority of the media are so afraid to offend Islam

So these people who sent death threats did so with the intent to shut her down, as why send death threats in the first place?

Again what she does with her life is none of your business and this could lead to a path of acting for her as she is clearly talented

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:59 am

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It has everything to do with free speech. As the people who doxed her were no doubt the same people sending death threats. Which when death threats happen, they are hoping to shut down said people from performing. Its using fear to control people and this is what has happened here. Its what Islamic extremists use as well. Its why they post videos of cutting peoples heads off. Its fear being invoked to control people. Which worked so well when the vast majority of the media are so afraid to offend Islam

So these people who sent death threats did so with the intent to shut her down, as why send death threats in the first place?

Again what she does with her life is none of your business and this could lead to a path of acting for her as she is clearly talented

None of my business? I'm commenting on an issue that you started. I never heard of the girl before that. Are you suggesting that nobody should have commented on the grounds that it's "none of their business"?

Nobody has banned her from making these videos - apart from her parents. Your gripe is therefore with her parents. Write them a letter and have a go at them or something rather than get arsy with people on this forum.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:08 am

I see Rags has changed to cathy Newman mode. Never claimed you cannot comment, simple that rightly it is none of your buisness, what she does with her life. Just as its none of my buisness what you do with your life. I can comment on what you do, but its down to you how you live your life? I mean you really are clutching at straws invoking things not said

The parents were left with no choice but to shut down the channel, as they now have people know where they live, recieving direct death threats. Hence the death threats have succeeded in their aim, to control the family. 

You seriously are clueless in even understand how powerful death threats are and the form of control they have on people. So I have no gripe with the parents, my gripe as it should be with you. Is on the scum, that made death threats against them. As those doing this wanted to control the family and have succeeded. The glaring point you continually miss. The family has not 24 hours police protection, so what choice does the family have, but to close down its comedy channel. Hence the extremists have succeeded in controlling this family through threats

Has this point sunk in with you yet?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:26 am

It's not relevant whether what she does with her life is my business or not. That's a straw man argument, or another red herring.

The parents did have a choice. As eddie pretty much said, they could have stuck two fingers up at the trolls and not given in to them, which also seems to be your attitude - or it was until now.

My point is that you can gripe about trolls and people who make death threats all you like, but you can't change it. The only people who can do that is the police - if they can catch them. If they do catch them, there are always others to take their place.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:34 am

Raggamuffin wrote:It's not relevant whether what she does with her life is my business or not. That's a straw man argument, or another red herring.

The parents did have a choice. As eddie pretty much said, they could have stuck two fingers up at the trolls and not given in to them, which also seems to be your attitude - or it was until now.  

My point is that you can gripe about trolls and people who make death threats all you like, but you can't change it. The only people who can do that is the police - if they can catch them. If they do catch them, there are always others to take their place.

Which shows you have no idea what a strawman argument even is.

The parents had little choice, being as they do not have protection. Unless the Government is willing to give the family 24 hour protection.  I have not changed my attitude and believe the best way to deal with said extremists is to continue and stick two fingers up to them, but again, I am not this family and in how they feel. Hence you fail to factor this in. So I agree with eddie and even she would agree with me, that she is not this family and that we cannot understand how they feel. The reality is these scum extremists used what extremists always do, a form of control through fear. What needs to happen is the world spreads her videos even more to mock these vile extremists

We are not talking about trolls but extremists. The reality is you should be again standing by this family, but you wont because you some how think its wrong to make light humour of polticians

Anyway, i am tired of trying to explain to someone who clearly fails to grasp the basic points here

If you cannot grasp the points here, then you never will and not going to exhaust myself trying

Enjoy arguing with yourself

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:37 am

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 3489511464

What a load of self-serving bullshit...

An 8-year-old smartarse would-be political activist doesn't have some imagined God-given "right to free speech", especially concerning political issues that they don't have the first clue about..

What they do have is a right to not being exploited by bloody-minded fascist parents out to make personal fame by exposing their daughter to online abuse.

You can cut out the hypocritical crocodile tears and hand-wringing too, Dodge -- you're not fooling anybody on here..

If theses were left-wing parents exploiting their daughter, you would be abusing the parents, and labelling their child an ignorant pawn...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:41 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 3489511464

An 8-year-old smartarse would-be political activist doesn't have some imagined God-given "right to free speech",  especially concerning political issues that they don't have the first clue about..

What they do have is a right to not being exploited by bloody-minded fascist parents out to make personal fame by exposing their daughter to online abuse.

You can cut out the hypocritical crocodile tears and hand-wringing too, Dodge  --  you're not fooling anybody on here..

If theses were left-wing parents exploiting their daughter, you would be abusing the parents, and labelling their child an ignorant pawn...

I guess you are smoking crack again

Who said anything about God

Free speech is a secular and liberal principle. Are you now saying you are illiberal?

I guess the truth comes out in the end with the likes of you wolf, and we finally understand what you follow. Illiberal values

For you then to cast the parents as fascists, is based on what?

The parents being Liberals

Soirry, if you are going to be a fucking imbicille, and make up poor accusations you cannot back. Then I will simple riducule your stupidity

So wet wipe, do you support freedom of speech through comedy or back the extremist leftist scum that threatened this famil,y simple for their daughter doing impressions?

I guess your response will help us understand how extreme you really are

Over to you

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:18 am

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It's not relevant whether what she does with her life is my business or not. That's a straw man argument, or another red herring.

Which shows you have no idea what a strawman argument even is.

The parents had little choice, being as they do not have protection. Unless the Government is willing to give the family 24 hour protection.  I have not changed my attitude and believe the best way to deal with said extremists is to continue and stick two fingers up to them, but again, I am not this family and in how they feel. Hence you fail to factor this in. So I agree with eddie and even she would agree with me, that she is not this family and that we cannot understand how they feel. The reality is these scum extremists used what extremists always do, a form of control through fear. What needs to happen is the world spreads her videos even more to mock these vile extremists

We are not talking about trolls but extremists. The reality is you should be again standing by this family, but you wont because you some how think its wrong to make light humour of polticians

Anyway, i am tired of trying to explain to someone who clearly fails to grasp the basic points here

If you cannot grasp the points here, then you never will and not going to exhaust myself trying

Enjoy arguing with yourself

Er, I have indeed factored in how the parents feel about the threats. That's why I haven't criticised them for pulling the channel. It's you who seems to think they shouldn't have done, not me.

Death threats are made by trolls. They're not necessarily serious threats, but one never knows. One doesn't have to be an extremist to be a troll who makes stupid death threats.

Your argument about it being none of my business about how she lives is indeed a straw man argument because it's not the issue. In any case, she and her family want it to be people's business, otherwise they wouldn't have done it. There's not much point in being an actor or comedian if you don't want people to see you performing. If you want to be a celebrity, that comes with people being interested in your life, otherwise you would have nobody wanting to interview you and pay you for it. If you live in the public eye, you want attention. If you don't want attention then you don't put yourself out there.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:48 am

Didge, if you understand why the family took down the channel, why do you keep posting clips of her from You Tube?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:52 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:02 pm

So you want the family to keep getting death threats then? Every time you post a clip, you're going against the parents' wishes, so let's have no more bullshit about "understanding" how they feel.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:03 pm

phildidge wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

An 8-year-old smartarse would-be political activist doesn't have some imagined God-given "right to free speech",  especially concerning political issues that they don't have the first clue about..

You can cut out the hypocritical crocodile tears and hand-wringing too, Dodge  --  you're not fooling anybody on here..

I guess you are smoking crack again

Who said anything about God

Free speech is a secular and liberal principle. Are you now saying you are illiberal?

I guess the truth comes out in the end with the likes of you wolf, and we finally understand what you follow. Illiberal values

For you then to cast the parents as fascists, is based on what?

The parents being Liberals

Soirry, if you are going to be a fucking imbicille, and make up poor accusations you cannot back. Then I will simple riducule your stupidity

So wet wipe, do you support freedom of speech through comedy or back the extremist leftist scum that threatened this famil,y simple for their daughter doing impressions?

I guess your response will help us understand how extreme you really are

Over to you

Didn't you have a go at some people for calling Wolfboy "wet wipe"? Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:So you want the family to keep getting death threats then? Every time you post a clip, you're going against the parents' wishes, so let's have no more bullshit about "understanding" how they feel.

Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 M9duqzr76dc01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:14 pm

gelico wrote:

didge, this is ridiculous.  are you seriously suggesting that jules is extremist left?

i get what she's saying, i also understand ben's points, even though i don't agree i still get where he's coming from

i'm with eddie all the way on this

bullies have to understand they can't win and in this instance, unfortunately, it seems as though they have

sad

Rolling Eyes

Okay I deleted my other posts but in regards to Jules, she stepped in here making unfounding claims and failing to understand where i am coming from. If she read my posts she would understand where I am coming from but instead acted like someone witrh earmuffs on

As to Ben, I aspologise for being rude, but I am not going to apologise for pulling up him on his poor apologist arguments and even more chastising a child and her family for simple seeking notoriety

Sio yes gelico, I always take on board what you say,and you know this more than most, otherwise you would not have been outspoken as you were here. 

Again as to Jules, she went off debate with warped and unfounded accusations. Mostlly paranoia with a view to manipulate me to not post waht matters to me, through lies. No apology for Jules, she wound me up through lying and can basically jog on. I explained how wrong this was and she deliberately ignored my explainations, then took the piss and I basically thought fuck it. If that is how immature she is going to be, then  so shall I and Ben caught the worst end of that. It was Jules that actually pissed me off, based on the babble and false claims she made and I took this out on Ben

Hence I was wrong to call Ben scum, but not wrong to call him out for his poooir arguments and views

So I admit I was out of order to ben for calling him scum and apologise

Sorry if I offended Eddie and you gelico, with my outburst. Now I have said my peace and going to move on

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:49 pm

phildidge wrote:
gelico wrote:

didge, this is ridiculous.  are you seriously suggesting that jules is extremist left?

i get what she's saying, i also understand ben's points, even though i don't agree i still get where he's coming from

bullies have to understand they can't win and in this instance, unfortunately, it seems as though they have

sad

Rolling Eyes

Okay I deleted my other posts but in regards to Jules, she stepped in here making unfounding claims and failing to understand where i am coming from. If she read my posts she would understand where I am coming from but instead acted like someone witrh earmuffs on

As to Ben, I aspologise for being rude, but I am not going to apologise for pulling up him on his poor apologist arguments and even more chastising a child and her family for simple seeking notoriety

Sio yes gelico, I always take on board what you say,and you know this more than most, otherwise you would not have been outspoken as you were here. 

Again as to Jules, she went off debate with warped and unfounded accusations. Mostlly paranoia with a view to manipulate me to not post waht matters to me, through lies. No apology for Jules, she wound me up through lying and can basically jog on. I explained how wrong this was and she deliberately ignored my explainations, then took the piss and I basically thought fuck it. If that is how immature she is going to be, then  so shall I and Ben caught the worst end of that. It was Jules that actually pissed me off, based on the babble and false claims she made and I took this out on Ben

Hence I was wrong to call Ben scum, but not wrong to call him out for his poooir arguments and views

Sorry if I offended Eddie and you gelico, with my outburst. Now I have said my peace and going to move on

Laters

hi didge

i'm not going to count jules. that was a different issue.

but all i was trying to say was that even if you think ben's arguments were poor, he did not call you names or anything but you seemed to just jump down his throat and give him abuse

the only reason i spoke about it is because i actually think you make some excellent points at times and i thoroughly agree with you and so i feel you let yourself down when you act like that. you're better than that, didge

so yeah, thanks for the acknowledgement

also i own that sometimes i can be just as bad when triggered so,,,,,

lol!

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:29 pm

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Laters

hi didge

i'm not going to count jules. that was a different issue.  

but all i was trying to say was that even if you think ben's arguments were poor, he did not call you names or anything but you seemed to just jump down his throat and give him abuse

the only reason i spoke about it is because i actually think you make some excellent points at times and i thoroughly agree with you and so i feel you let yourself down when you act like that.  you're better than that, didge

so yeah, thanks for the acknowledgement

also i own that sometimes i can be just as bad when triggered so,,,,,

lol!

Fair points Gelico and feel a complete wally for getting emotive, so thank you for making me see sense

Have a green

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:So you want the family to keep getting death threats then? Every time you post a clip, you're going against the parents' wishes, so let's have no more bullshit about "understanding" how they feel.

Interesting concept.  Parental consent is a constraint on freedom of speech?  What other constraints on free speech do you favor.

Perhaps anything critical of the government, comrade?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Interesting concept.  Parental consent is a constraint on freedom of speech?  What other constraints on free speech do you favor.

As usual, you completely missed the point of my post. I do sometimes wonder if there's any point discussing anything with you at all.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:02 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

As usual, you completely missed the point of my post. I do sometimes wonder if there's any point discussing anything with you at all.

Correction!  I intentionally missed the point of your post.  I brought up something that you hadn't considered.  There was/is a more important concern that you are missing.  That is freedom of speech.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Correction!  I intentionally missed the point of your post.  I brought up something that you hadn't considered.  There was/is a more important concern that you are missing.  That is freedom of speech.

If you're going to change the subject from what I was talking about, perhaps you should have said so instead of quoting me.

There is nothing stopping these people and this kid from putting the videos on You Tube. They have chosen to stop doing so. Where is the issue of freedom of speech? If they had been prohibited by some kind of law, that might be a freedom of speech issue, but there is no law against it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

If you're going to change the subject from what I was talking about, perhaps you should have said so instead of quoting me.

I thought it was obvious, fcs.  It was right there before your eyes.

You were arguing for censorship. Freedom of speech is always an issue when anything like censorship is afoot.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You were arguing for censorship.  Freedom of speech is always an issue when anything like censorship is afoot.

It wasn't obvious because it had no relevance to my post. As I said before, you do seem to lack logical thought.

I wasn't arguing for censorship, I merely said that the internet is full of nutters, so one should bear that in mind when a young kid makes that kind of video.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You were arguing for censorship.  Freedom of speech is always an issue when anything like censorship is afoot.

It wasn't obvious because it had no relevance to my post. As I said before, you do seem to lack logical thought.

I wasn't arguing for censorship, I merely said that the internet is full of nutters, so one should bear that in mind when a young kid makes that kind of video.

Well, it's right there. No attempt was made to hide the comment. You either get it, or you don't.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

i get what you're saying raggs, it isn't freedom of speech issue at all, merely bowing down to bullying.

more than likely 99% of threatening spiteful tweets are just empty words, bad enough though they are.

thing is the family chose to delete it on the fact that 1% could so some serious harm.

such a shame though, that it's come to this.

kid or no kid, so many youtube vids and known comedians even are mocking someone or something

what do we do, let them all be shut down one by one?

you said yourself, humour is subjective, so who gets to decide what is allowed and what isn't?

this scares me

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

It's a freedom of speech issue, Raggs, because I raised the chilling of speech aspect of what you are advocating.  You were arguing against free speech.  Truth has an existence of it’s own, and trying to inhibit truth by stifling others is offensive.

Raggamuffin wrote:I wasn't arguing for censorship, I merely said that the internet is full of nutters, so one should bear that in mind when a young kid makes that kind of video.

I think you were arguing that parental control trumps other speech.  Stifling others may have been an accidental consequence of your thesis, but there it is nonetheless.  You were arguing for censorship, and I was pointing that out.

Now you are arguing another form of censorship by denying that I should have the freedom to make my point.  This is how authoritarianism gets started.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:14 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's a freedom of speech issue, Raggs, because I raised the chilling of speech aspect of what you are advocating.  You were arguing against free speech.  Truth has an existence of it’s own, and trying to inhibit truth by stifling others is offensive.

Raggamuffin wrote:I wasn't arguing for censorship, I merely said that the internet is full of nutters, so one should bear that in mind when a young kid makes that kind of video.

I think you were arguing that parental control trumps other speech.  Stifling others may have been an accidental consequence of your thesis, but there it is nonetheless.  You were arguing for censorship, and I was pointing that out.

Now you are arguing another form of censorship by denying that I should have the freedom to make my point.  This is how authoritarianism gets started.

You really need to read my posts in context - ie, read the previous posts, don't just take my posts in isolation. Didge said that nobody understands the feelings of the parents - or some such words - and then he kept posting clips of the videos. If the parents don't want them up there, he's going against their wishes, right?

Now either read the thread properly or cease replying to me.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:17 pm

gelico wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

i get what you're saying raggs, it isn't freedom of speech issue at all, merely bowing down to bullying.

more than likely 99% of threatening spiteful tweets are just empty words, bad enough though they are.

thing is the family chose to delete it on the fact that 1% could so some serious harm.

such a shame though, that it's come to this.

kid or no kid, so many youtube vids and known comedians even are mocking someone or something

what do we do, let them all be shut down one by one?

you said yourself, humour is subjective, so who gets to decide what is allowed and what isn't?

this scares me

Thank goodness someone understood my posts. Laughing

Yes, in a way it's bowing down to bullying. I normally don't approve of that, but this is a little kid and they don't know who is threatening them, or what the repercussions of continuing might be. It's not like at school or work where the perpetrators can be dealt with or faced head on.

I'm not a fan of mockery myself, and I don't really get the videos, but I wouldn't threaten someone because of that, I'd probably just roll my eyes. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You really need to read my posts in context - ie, read the previous posts, don't just take my posts in isolation. Didge said that nobody understands the feelings of the parents - or some such words - and then he kept posting clips of the videos. If the parents don't want them up there, he's going against their wishes, right?

Now either read the thread properly or cease replying to me.

New thoughts don't come from rehashing the old. Some of these threads sound like an exercise in consensus building.

1: Rape is bad.

2: Yes.

3: Quite!

4: It's the truth.

5: Horrible.

1: Well, gotta go fix dinner.

2: Good-bye.

3: See ya.

4: Cheers.

What progress in the thought process is that? I know it takes a lot of grooming to cultivate friends in a discussion site, but I'm not here for that. I'm here to explore political and social themes through current events.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:32 pm

What?

Never mind.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:33 pm

Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 Cgp1b

lol! lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:51 pm

gelico wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Its completely a freedom of speech issue. As why the death threats?

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:52 am

Phididge wrote:Okay I deleted my other posts but in regards to Jules, she stepped in here making unfounding claims and failing to understand where i am coming from. If she read my posts she would understand where I am coming from but instead acted like someone witrh earmuffs on
As to Ben, I aspologise for being rude, but I am not going to apologise for pulling up him on his poor apologist arguments and even more chastising a child and her family for simple seeking notoriety
Laters

Didge, let me deal with some of the points you raised there. >

Jules, ....stepped in here making unfounding claims.
No, my claims were not unfounded. In fact they were not 'claims' at all, they were rock solid facts.  You literally HAVE made hundreds of criticising threads with the words left, leftwing, leftist leftists, lefty, lefties in the title. I wasn't exaggerating! (and made none - or very few - with ''rightwing'' etc in the title). 

If she read my posts she would understand where I am coming from
My very first post in this thread was based on the title alone. Nowt to do with the actual OP contents. I was referencing your chronic habit of obsessing about "lefties" daily, (hourly sometimes.). 

with a view to manipulate me to not post waht matters to me,
A direct, upfront  request that you cut down on your hundreds of threads with ''left/lefty'' in the title is not 'manipulation'. But hey ho, it's up to you. I'll say this much, you've got it BAAAD, mate.  Twisted Evil  Jeeez!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:58 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
gelico wrote:

sad

Rolling Eyes

Jules is extremist left, but then I agree with her this time, and I'm not a leftie, let alone an extremist one. Laughing
What a truly weird thing to say. Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 265384880 You feeling OK?? Cool

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:57 am

phildidge wrote:
gelico wrote:

Nah,  Dodgie one...

It's completely a fucked-up idiot parents issue..

What kind of morons exploit their 8-year-old daughter on social media for purely political reasons.

And then come out whining like a couple of gormless snowflakes complaining that their 8-year-old know-nothing clown has somehow had her non-existent "right to free speech" attacked..

As for online "death threats",  that kind of nasty trolling really is "par for the course" these days, whenever anybody posts up political propaganda...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:10 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Nah,  Dodgie one...

It's completely a fucked-up idiot parents issue..

What kind of morons exploit their 8-year-old daughter on social media for purely political reasons.

And then come out whining like a couple of gormless snowflakes complaining that their 8-year-old know-nothing clown has somehow had her non-existent "right to free speech" attacked..

As for online "death threats",  that kind of nasty trolling really is "par for the course" these days, whenever anybody posts up political propaganda...

How is the child being exploited?

Unless you think any child who is an actress, compete in sports, music etc, are also being exploited?

I love how yoiu also think now death threts to a child is that child being a snowflake

This is very much about free speech, as those who do not like this clearly are trying to shut down this speech using threats ansd fear

Even an 8 year can understand that

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Jules wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Jules is extremist left, but then I agree with her this time, and I'm not a leftie, let alone an extremist one. Laughing
What a truly weird thing to say. Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 265384880  You feeling OK?? Cool

Raving leftie then - is that better? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Jules wrote:
What a truly weird thing to say. Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 265384880  You feeling OK?? Cool

uh? I see the total opposite if i'm honest

her posts have always seemed very cool, calm and collected.

i've not seen her rant or rave about anything

what have i missed?

Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 2190311264

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:10 pm

gelico wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

uh?  I see the total opposite if i'm honest

what have i missed?

Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 2190311264

I always see her as very left wing. Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 2190311264
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
gelico wrote:

uh?  I see the total opposite if i'm honest

what have i missed?

I always see her as very left wing. Leftists Dox And Harass Little Girl For Mocking Ocasio-Cortez - Page 4 2190311264

For once I agree.

@Gelico, just because someone can be cool and calm, though I have seen her kick off her many times and have even defended here, she is still very much very left wing

Jules, Rags and Syl have had some right ding dongs on here, that go back way before here and were carried on over to here

I have nothing against Jules, even think she is a nice poster, but like many she certainly can kick off

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:18 pm

Oh, and Jules sees me as very right wing. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:25 pm

@Gelico, on a completely side not and completely off topic. Yasmin who had a her double lung transplant. Got to meet the Queen, with her Mum Mandy. At the official opening of Royal Papworth Hospital. She is doing really well by the way, and very much on the road to recovery. Both were invited to the offical opening

Cannot believe she got to meet the Queen today.  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:37 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

For once I agree.

@Gelico, just because someone can be cool and calm, though I have seen her kick off her many times and have even defended here, she is still very much very left wing

Jules, Rags and Syl have had some right ding dongs on here, that go back way before here and were carried on over to here

I have nothing against Jules, even think she is a nice poster, but like many she certainly can kick off

Ahhh yes, the good old days. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next