NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blasphemy is now a sackable offence

+4
'Wolfie
eddie
Original Quill
Raggamuffin
8 posters

Go down

Blasphemy is now a sackable offence Empty Blasphemy is now a sackable offence

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:48 pm

If you’re not a fan of religion – or political correctness – then it looks like a job at Asda isn’t for you. Examiner Live reports that Brian Leach, a 54-year-old disabled till worker, has been sacked from his job in a Dewsbury Asda because he shared a Billy Connolly video about religion on his personal Facebook page. This is a case so mad and authoritarian it really makes you double take.

He says he was grassed up by a colleague, from head office, who found the joke offensive. ‘I was then pulled into a meeting a couple of weeks later’, Leach told Examiner Live. ‘I was summarily dismissed without notice following a disciplinary meeting for breaching the company’s social-media policy.’ In the offending clip, says the Mirror, Connolly takes aim at Christianity, Islam and calls suicide bombers ‘f****** idiots’.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/06/25/blasphemy-is-now-a-sackable-offence-asda-islam-billy-connolly/

Well that is me longer shopping at Asda. What a bunch of idiots

Back to top Go down

Blasphemy is now a sackable offence Empty Re: Blasphemy is now a sackable offence

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:39 pm

Anyone who shares videos of Billy Connelly should be sacked. Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Blasphemy is now a sackable offence Empty Re: Blasphemy is now a sackable offence

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:33 pm

lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:30 pm

@MaajidNawaz
Following Following @MaajidNawaz
More
Disabled grandad sacked by @asda for sharing a Billy Connelly joke online that mocked Christianity & Islam. No incitment to violence. No racism. Asda literally punished someone for blasphemy. And you don’t think the misnomer “Islamophobia” will be misused?

I will add a view that we all know is true: if the disabled grandad had shared a joke online that *only* mocked Christianity, @asda would not have sacked him. In fact, his bosses would probably have laughed & reposted it. The bigotry of low expectations treats Muslims as savages

Apologists for bureaucratic excuse are claiming the grandad breached @asda’s social media policy by bringing “the company into disrepute” while stating Asda was his workplace. So blasphemy is disreputable now? Even weirder when you realise Asda itself sold that very comedy show

Another online portal selling the same comedian the grandad got sacked for reposting.. So @asda it’s okay to make money selling Billy Connelly, but you sack your disabled staff for posting the jokes you sell?

Blasphemy is now a sackable offence D96xpR-XYAArLfr

https://twitter.com/MaajidNawaz/status/1143484511105294336

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:08 pm

Oh, the stupidly, ridiculous world of the PC offended.
I wish it would stop before those morons ruin the fucking world with their woe-is-me and kowtowing to the PC fuckwits.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:42 am

eddie wrote:Oh, the stupidly, ridiculous world of the PC offended.
I wish it would stop before those morons ruin the fucking world with their woe-is-me and kowtowing to the PC fuckwits.

Sadly these occurances are only going to happen more and more and soon. Pople will be afraid to say anything or hold an opinion. In case it does not follow the view of those in charge

Free speech is basically dead

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:42 am

Basketball

Where is the "bureaucratic excuse" being claimed by one of those complainants ?

Asda is a company, not a government department..

When companies lay out rules and conditions for employment, then the worker signs a contract, that company has every right to sack offending employees when they breach those conditions.

"Tough titties" for both that idiot former Asda employee, and those misguided fools trying to turn his dismissal into a free speech cause..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:37 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Basketball

Where is the "bureaucratic excuse" being claimed by one of those complainants  ?

Asda is a company,  not a government department..

When companies lay out rules and conditions for employment, then the worker signs a contract, that company has every right to sack offending employees when they breach those conditions.

"Tough titties" for both that idiot former Asda employee, and those misguided fools trying to turn his dismissal into a free speech cause..

Maybe you can show me what rule was broken?

All that they connected to this was his facebook page where he said he worked for them

They sell the product in Asda of this video by Billy Connolly.. If anything they are sacking him for advertizing their product

So there was no rule, this is again the oppression olympics in actions, where the offended beliefs of Muslims trump the the working rights of someone with disabilities

Popsting a comedy sketch from a live event, which they even seel themselves, is none of Asda's buinsess. If they deemed it offensive, why are they even selling this?

If he had refused to apologise, he could have taken Asda to the cleaners over this

I bet no Asda employee has ever been sacked for streaming on social media clips from the life of Brian.

Be interesting to research this and then again sue Asda

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:12 am

phil wrote:Maybe you can show me what rule was broken?

Employer Focused HR wrote:Bringing the Employer into Disrepute

Employees can at times be charged with being a representative of their employer even when they are not at work.

Employers are mostly concerned with what their employees do while they are at work but occasionally the employee’s behaviour on their own time can have a detrimental effect on the employer. It’s important for employers to take action in this situation – as ex England Manager, Sam Allardyce, discovered in 2016.

Bringing the employer into disrepute

When employees behave in a particular way in their private lives, those activities may be considered inappropriate because of the nature of their employment. It may be the case that the actions could become associated with the employer and have a negative impact on the business; undermine the public values of the employer or cause embarrassment to the employer: in other words, bring the employer into disrepute.

What can an employer do about it?

Employees can be disciplined and dismissed for bringing their employer into disrepute. Ideally, in the employee’s contractual documentation there will be a clause reserving the right for the employer to take action in relation to behaviour undertaken outside of work. However, even where [written documentation] isn’t the case, employers may be able to rely on a breach of mutual trust and confidence to initiate disciplinary proceedings. A written contract does not need to contain a reference to this because it is an implied term in the employer/employee relationship.
https://www.hr-24.co.uk/articles/bringing-the-employer-into-disrepute/

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:18 am

Original Quill wrote:
Employer Focused HR wrote:Bringing the Employer into Disrepute

Employees can at times be charged with being a representative of their employer even when they are not at work.

Employers are mostly concerned with what their employees do while they are at work but occasionally the employee’s behaviour on their own time can have a detrimental effect on the employer. It’s important for employers to take action in this situation – as ex England Manager, Sam Allardyce, discovered in 2016.

Bringing the employer into disrepute

When employees behave in a particular way in their private lives, those activities may be considered inappropriate because of the nature of their employment. It may be the case that the actions could become associated with the employer and have a negative impact on the business; undermine the public values of the employer or cause embarrassment to the employer: in other words, bring the employer into disrepute.

What can an employer do about it?

Employees can be disciplined and dismissed for bringing their employer into disrepute. Ideally, in the employee’s contractual documentation there will be a clause reserving the right for the employer to take action in relation to behaviour undertaken outside of work. However, even where this isn’t the case, employers may be able to rely on a breach of mutual trust and confidence to initiate disciplinary proceedings. A written contract does not need to contain a reference to this because it is an implied term in the employer/employee relationship.

And how is promoting a video clip, that the store sells a video of themselves bringing the company in to disrepute?

If the materal is deemed inappropiate, then why is Asda selling this product?

In other words, they went off the offense that someone took, who watched the video.

He should take them to tribunal and would clearly win, Asda have no case

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:21 am

Also, they would have to be uniform in their approach with this rule.

Where any employee that has posted videos and states they work for them, would have to then be sacked. This had everything to do with Asda bowing down to Blasphemy.
On twitter people are up in arms and calling for boycotts of the store and I do not blame them.

I doubt you will hear the end of this. Asda was playing the victimology tree religion of intersectionality. You cannot sack someone claiming what they posted was offensive, when you actually seel the video, that the clip is from.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:25 am

phil wrote:And how is promoting a video clip, that the store sells a video of themselves bringing the company in to disrepute?

In other words, they went off the offense that someone took, who watched the video.

That would be a jury question.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:29 am

Original Quill wrote:
phil wrote:And how is promoting a video clip, that the store sells a video of themselves bringing the company in to disrepute?

Wrong, and shows you have no clue about employment tribunals in the uk

They do not have a jury

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:34 am

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

They do not have a jury

True, I don't practice in the UK. But I recognize it is a factual question rather than a legal one. Factual questions are traditionally for a jury to determine. If it is heard by a tribunal, their rules will have provisions for determining factual questions.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:38 am

Original Quill wrote:
phildidge wrote:

They do not have a jury

True, I don't practice in the UK.  But I recognize it is a factual question rather than a legal one.  Factual questions are traditionally for a jury to determine.  If it is heard by a tribunal, their rules will have provisions for determining factual questions.

Like I said, it would be a difficult case. Mainly as he agreed it was offensive, when he never should have. Though Asda selling the product would over rule this. As they would be in conflict over their own position as deeming the clip offensive, if thy actually sold the video

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:01 pm

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

And how is promoting a video clip, that the store sells a video of themselves bringing the company in to disrepute?

I'm agreeing with everything you say on this one didge

What he should have done when hauled into the office is just say

''whaaaat?? you think I have brought ASDA into disrepute through advertising your own products??? How does that work? I was actually going to ask management if there were any bonus scheme available to employees to earn points for all the products we advertise for you on your behalf via facebook. It could give you loads more business and now,,,,and now you want to sack me??? Have you lost your minds?'''

and then storm out in a very self righteous manner and go straight to solicitors.

ASDA is now off my list for being a bunch of fuckwits (not that i shop there anyway) Rolling Eyes

but it's scary the way things are moving don't you think?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:06 pm

what is ASDA going to do now then? Continue to sell Billy Connolly videos? or are they going to take them all off the shelves?

and let's ban all disney for gender stereotyping too eh? that's offensive to some

and lets ban every action film due to violence too
that's offensive to some

and lets ban every other comedians videos as well .
they will all of them be offensive to some

best be safe

etc etc

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:08 pm

so sorry, i forgot.

Offence taken only matters when it's Islam that's been offended

my bad

Rolling Eyes

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:16 pm

gelico wrote:

so sorry, i forgot.  

Offence taken only matters when it's Islam that's been offended

my bad

Rolling Eyes

Everyone has to clarify in great detail what they mean nowadays to prove they have not intended to offend  anyone....no matter how ridiculous.

I had to laugh the other day whilst watching the TV programme 'Countdown'. In dictionary corner the word 'Prettiest' was given. It was put into context in a sentence, as in "she wore the prettiest dress", or "she was the prettiest woman"....then Suzy Dent, who sits in dictionary corner quickly added..."or man" Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:30 pm

Razz

Blasphemy is now a sackable offence Newspa10
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:39 pm

Syl wrote: Razz

hahahahhahaha

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:07 pm

The ways things are going , it could happen !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:16 pm

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

True, I don't practice in the UK.  But I recognize it is a factual question rather than a legal one.  Factual questions are traditionally for a jury to determine.  If it is heard by a tribunal, their rules will have provisions for determining factual questions.

Like I said, it would be a difficult case. Mainly as he agreed it was offensive, when he never should have. Though Asda selling the product would over rule this. As they would be in conflict over their own position as deeming the clip offensive, if thy actually sold the video

Arrow

A lot of companies work on a "three strikes and you're out" policy --  give the person two warnings, maybe even add a relevant clause into their contract,  and then sack them if they offend a third time (you can see this tactic being used with professional sportsmen, especially footballers..).

When I first read this story, I had to wonder here what people upstairs in their office were doing looking at the Facebook page  --  was this actually this lowly employee's first offence,  or was he in fact a "serial offender", who some supervisors were maybe keeping an eye on  ?

The umbrage and outrage being voiced against this sacking, and for this poor discriminated against "disabled grandad" (and just WTF does that have to do with anything anyways ?), does have me questioning the so-called 'free speech' agendas of some of those outside agitators..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:42 pm

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Nothing overrules anything.  There are no favors in factual questions.  It's just what the trier-of-fact comes up with. S/he uses a balancing test, rather than anything categorical.

This is where reasonableness comes in...whether the conduct is a breech of the 'no disrepute' provision of an employment agreement is subject only to a reasonable interpretation.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:45 pm

I'm personally sick of corporations acting as though they have jurisdiction over every aspect of their employees' lives. I hope he fights this tooth and nail.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I'm personally sick of corporations acting as though they have jurisdiction over every aspect of their employees' lives. I hope he fights this tooth and nail.

Don't say I haven't told you.  Capitalism eats not only profit, but grabs for itself the ownership of the enterprise.  We take that for granted because money purchases property, and capitalists contribute the money.  But in fact, capitalism is only one of four elements in production.  Why should it demand profit and control.

Give control to labor, and you will see a lot more humanism in the mix.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Nothing overrules anything.  There are no favors in factual questions.  It's just what the trier-of-fact comes up with.  S/he uses a balancing test, rather than anything categorical.

This is where reasonableness comes in...whether the conduct is a breech of the 'no disrepute' provision of an employment agreement is subject only to a reasonable interpretation.

In this case it would. As Asda can hardly apply a ruling over something that they have not deemed offensive themselves by selling said product. In other words the company would be in conflict over its own position with this product. They would also have to show they have apply this rulling on any complaint from employees throughout their branches. If this is not the case. Then Asda stands to lose big

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:38 pm

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I'm agreeing with everything you say on this one didge

What he should have done when hauled into the office is just say

''whaaaat??  you think I have brought ASDA into disrepute through advertising your own products???  How does that work?  I was actually going to ask management if there were any bonus scheme available to employees to earn points for all the products we advertise for you on your behalf via facebook.  It could give you loads more business and now,,,,and now you want to sack me???  Have you lost your minds?'''

and then storm out in a very self righteous manner and go straight to solicitors.

ASDA is now off my list for being a bunch of fuckwits (not that i shop there anyway)  Rolling Eyes

but it's scary the way things are moving don't you think?

The worst part here is the inconsistancy. The clip mocks all religions, saying they are dead and goes more into mocking Christianity. Yet this is not even brought up and only Islam is highlighted. Have you seen the apology letter he wrote Gelico? Basically he is having to apologise for what somebody else has joked about. I would also question then why this Muslim was even watching he video. As nobody forced them to watch the clip on this persons FB page. Seems like a witch hunt to me and deliberate to get someone sacked.

Blasphemy is now a sackable offence D97kIB0XsAEeGNd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:41 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I'm personally sick of corporations acting as though they have jurisdiction over every aspect of their employees' lives. I hope he fights this tooth and nail.

Lets hope so Ben

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:42 pm

Syl wrote: Razz

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:43 pm

This needs to be said again by Hitchins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHwvT4Xl5Uo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:49 pm

Asda apparently have a "social media policy". If that policy is clear and spelt out to employees from the start, it's part of their contract and they can be sacked for not adhering to it. If it's not clear, I think he'd win at a tribunal, especially as the video is sold by Asda.

Part of the problem is that listed Asda as his employer on Facebook.

I wish the media would stop calling him a disabled grandad. It's really not relevant, and he's not too disabled to work anyway.

The video is clearly meant to be offensive to some people - that's Billy Connelly for you. Also, he shouts too much. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Asda apparently have a "social media policy". If that policy is clear and spelt out to employees from the start, it's part of their contract and they can be sacked for not adhering to it. If it's not clear, I think he'd win at a tribunal, especially as the video is sold by Asda.

Part of the problem is that listed Asda as his employer on Facebook.

I wish the media would stop calling him a disabled grandad. It's really not relevant, and he's not too disabled to work anyway.

The video is clearly meant to be offensive to some people - that's Billy Connelly for you. Also, he shouts too much. Razz

They sacked him based off a complaint around a clip, of which they sell themselves 

Hence how is he breaking the social media contract?

Need to see what the contract says and many people place asda as their place of work

Also like I said they have to be consistant in their rulings with social media, which I bet is not the case. They took offense simple around the Islamic aspect. In other words, made a blasphemy rulling

Hence Asda can go and fuck right off or move all its stores to Saudi Arabia, where their polkicies would be more in place

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:29 pm

phildidge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Nothing overrules anything.  There are no favors in factual questions.  It's just what the trier-of-fact comes up with.  S/he uses a balancing test, rather than anything categorical.

In this case it would. As Asda can hardly apply a ruling over something that they have not deemed offensive themselves by selling said product.  In other words the company would be in conflict over its own position with this product. They would also have to show they have apply this rulling on any complaint from employees throughout their branches. If this is not the case. Then Asda stands to lose big

It's a good jury argument.  Gd. luck.

Truth be told, Asda can do what they want.  Employment is an at-will contract.  They don't care about being in conflict until and unless some tribunal or court tells them they have to.

Then, there's insurance to indemnify companies in employment causes-of-action.  If it's a group pool (of insureds), they'll never feel it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phildidge wrote:

In this case it would. As Asda can hardly apply a ruling over something that they have not deemed offensive themselves by selling said product.  In other words the company would be in conflict over its own position with this product. They would also have to show they have apply this rulling on any complaint from employees throughout their branches. If this is not the case. Then Asda stands to lose big

It's a good jury argument.  Gd. luck.

Truth be told, Asda can do what they want.  Employment is an at-will contract.  They don't care about being in conflict until and unless some tribunal or court tells them they have to.

Then, there's insurance to indemnify companies in employment causes-of-action.  If it's a group pool (of insureds), they'll never feel it.

To be honest he would need a dplying the policy universally. As well as the fact they are selling a product, that they deem has the offensive clip. It would go against them. Like I said, there was no view even to apologise to Christians but Muslims. Which is also interesting that no other faiths were asked to have an apology for also. When again he slagged off all religious beliefs in the clip. So the bases for gross misconduct was not based in reality on their social media contract. That was simple a means, in order for them to justify sacking him. As the reality they acted off the offense taken by some Muslim employees. Which begs the question. How is the employee even responible for what other employees even watch?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:43 pm

phil wrote:That was simple a means, in order for them to justify sacking him.

Why did the want to sack him, if it wasn't for the comment on social media? Maybe there's more to this story.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phil wrote:That was simple a means, in order for them to justify sacking him.

Why did the want to sack him, if it wasn't for the comment on social media?  Maybe there's more to this story.

Because the employer clearly has a policy that places some people above others and follows an inequality policy.

Look at what he was asked to apologise in regards to. Only one religious group and not all religions. When the clip is ridiculling all religions. They may argue that it was only said believers from this religion, but their wording only pulled up one faith. Its clearly elevating one religious belief against the rest. Hence it was not a universal rulling around religions, but one specific religion. So in reality, the company was promoting a view its offensive to only mock one religion and not all of them. Hence it was capitulating, through PC to one group who took offense. Comedy is not a criminal act and nor does it break the law or would be consider hate speech. So a tribunal will ask, why he was singled out and only based on one religion

I am reading that many employers have been done for unfair dismissal

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/people-human-resources/social-media-five-unfair-dismissal-cases-lessons/

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:54 pm

phil wrote:To be honest he would need a dplying the policy universally. As well as the fact they are selling a product, that they deem has the offensive clip. It would go against them.

Don't get me wrong, you are doing a good job, making good closing arguments given the facts.  I think it's a 50-50 proposition, since he also admitted/apologized for the wrongdoing.

You might argue in rebuttal, that an employer is always in a place to force admissions/apologies like that, since they are his superiors.  It has the look of that sort of obsequiousness.

I understand that in the UK people can now retain counsel on a contingency basis.  Good...because Asda will try to exhaust him on costs, appeals, experts, etc.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:
phil wrote:To be honest he would need a dplying the policy universally. As well as the fact they are selling a product, that they deem has the offensive clip. It would go against them.

Don't get me wrong, you are doing a good job, making good closing arguments given the facts.  I think it's a 50-50 proposition, since he also admitted/apologized for the wrongdoing.

You might argue in rebuttal, that an employer is always in a place to force admissions/apologies like that, since they are his superiors.  It has the look of that sort of obsequiousness.

I understand that in the UK people can retain counsel on a contingency basis.  Good...because Asda will try to exhaust him on costs, appeals, experts, etc.

Which is a very telling point Quill. Was he made to believe he would keep his job, if he removed the post and apologised. Only to then still lose his job? He did all that was askd of him and still lost his job. Why then did Asda not also remove the products themselves? That is beiong inconsistant to this rulling by the company.

A tribunal is going to question why this was not sufficient and then ask, how it was even gross misconduct. As claiming the company was brought into disrepute, based on someone in a comedy sketch mocking religion. To only them even sell DVD's by the comedian. Would be an inconsistant position by the company. Hence the rules around social media could clearly not apply. Like I said, Asda, would have to have made a view to stoip selling all comedy DVD's that mocked religion. With also a policy, that no employee could post comedy clips, that mocked religions. This was not even the case was it? It could be easily argued even more around free speech. That how on earth is mocking religion seen to be comparable to gross missconduct. Basically any employee would be open to discplinary for then mocking any belief system, including polictics. Hence mocking either the left and right would fall into this category. If its shown again that Asda has never acted when employees mock political groups and have done nothing. Which would be easy to prove via social media. Then asda would have failed to show they have fairly dismissed this employee. Mocking a belief, is not the same as mocking an individual believer themselves

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down