NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man called racist because he’s got a Union Flag doormat

+5
Cass
Vintage
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
eddie
9 posters

Go down

Man called racist because he’s got a Union Flag doormat Empty Man called racist because he’s got a Union Flag doormat

Post by eddie Wed May 15, 2019 9:06 pm

Man called racist because he’s got a Union Flag doormat 82193610

A man said he is being called a bigot and a far right extremist – because his doormat has a Union Flag on it.

Ash Middleton, 46, said he was left ‘physically shaking’ after one clash where he was berated for flying a flag ‘associated with the UKIP and fascism’.

He said: ‘They assume that anybody showing that flag is a Leave bigot, has fascist tendencies, or is a lager lout who loves Nigel Farage.

‘What people need to do is look beyond that assumption as I’m none of those things.’

He supports the Remain-backing Green Party, he voted to stay in the European Union and he has an Italian boyfriend.

To his dismay, total stranger have confronted him as a potential BNP member for displaying the ‘threatening’ flag.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/15/man-called-racist-got-union-flag-doormat-9550663/

Madness. I wouldn’t have even explained myself. I have English stuff (ornaments and paraphernalia) in my house, French stuff, Texan stuff, African stuff... Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Man called racist because he’s got a Union Flag doormat Empty Re: Man called racist because he’s got a Union Flag doormat

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 15, 2019 9:13 pm

I have Union flag socks, a gift from Eddie. I think it's utterly ridiculous that even the English flag is considered a racist symbol, but the Union flag -- whoever has given him shit over that is a complete idiot.

In Texas, it's very common to see American and Texan flags flying all over the place, and Texas is a very diverse state. Nobody thinks it's racist there, but I suppose that's in part because we don't have hate groups that try to appropriate those flags.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Man called racist because he’s got a Union Flag doormat Empty Re: Man called racist because he’s got a Union Flag doormat

Post by Original Quill Wed May 15, 2019 9:18 pm

Stupid, simply stupid.  If anything I would expect right-wing ire to wiping your shoes on the British colors.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 15, 2019 9:22 pm

If you look closely at the photo, you can also see a Union flag pillow -- wow, he's such a racist.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed May 15, 2019 9:58 pm

I wonder if the idiots berating him actually realise that its the UK national flag and that the armed services wear it - mind you of course they could all be facist racist bigot warmongers according to the numb skulls.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 15, 2019 10:06 pm

I remember when the British invasion in music came over. Nothing but fond memories of the Union Jack, which was prevalent everywhere. It meant a special kind of music.

Over there, something must have changed.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed May 15, 2019 10:26 pm

Good grief Rolling Eyes
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 15, 2019 10:37 pm

I do wonder though, if the guy hadn’t been gay, with an Italian lover....would anyone here, have thought him racist?

Answers please?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 15, 2019 10:41 pm

eddie wrote:I do wonder though, if the guy hadn’t been gay, with an Italian lover....would anyone here, have thought him racist?

Answers please?

No way I would have ever assumed he was racist on the basis of a Union flag doormat. The whole thing simply doesn't add up to me.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 15, 2019 10:47 pm

Maybe not you but what about others...?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 15, 2019 10:50 pm

https://youtu.be/trAyp5XXQgo

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 15, 2019 10:52 pm

https://youtu.be/lCis1U1nFR0

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Tommy, what do YOU think?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed May 15, 2019 10:54 pm

Of course I wouldn't, its the national flag of the UK after all. I don't consider the Flag of St. George to be racist either, just because some racists carry it around doesn't change what it basically is. If these complainers went to France or better still the USA, they'd have apoplexy seeing all those flags proudly flying even outside private residences and the t shirts, shorts etc etc..

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed May 15, 2019 11:14 pm

Vintage wrote:Of course I wouldn't, its the national flag of the UK after all. I don't consider the Flag of St. George to be racist either, just because some racists carry it around doesn't change what it basically is. If these complainers went to France or better still the USA, they'd have apoplexy seeing all those flags proudly flying even outside private residences and the t shirts, shorts etc etc..

Totally agreed. You can't just allow racists to hijack something like a national flag; I think left-wing groups should start using them too, rather than running away.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Tommy, what do YOU think?

Take a few minutes to actually watch and listen to what is said in the two vids I posted above...

I'm thinking pretty much what he says...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu May 16, 2019 1:54 am

eddie wrote:I do wonder though, if the guy hadn’t been gay, with an Italian lover....would anyone here, have thought him racist?

Answers please?

Absolutely not.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 16, 2019 2:03 am

The man isn't racist because he displays the Union flag.....utter nonsense.

What does his sexuality have to do with anything?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu May 16, 2019 2:39 pm

pirat

The flags that I would associate with racism are the Third Reich's swastika...

And that weird mutated 3-pronged swastika-spinoff beloved by those white supremacists in places like Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama..

National flags don't enter into the discussion.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu May 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Tommy.  Think.

An oxymoron if ever there is one.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Take a few minutes to actually watch and listen to what is said in the two vids I posted above...

That's the problem with RW conservatives...no independent thought. The whole idea of democracy is to take the ideas of many, many people, and evaluate each, and select a few.

Conservatives have no independent thought because they are not experienced in thinking of others. They have no practice. Conservatives believe that no social effort (ie, libertarianism) is the best. All of their efforts are motivated by selfishness ... as, for example, in capitalism.

Unfortunately, shutting down your concern for others, also shuts down your your ability to cerebralize. Thought, after all, comes from communication, and a lack of concern for others atrophies one's need for the tools of communication ... which are thought edifices. Hence the need for abstract thought wanes and dwindles.

Too bad.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 17, 2019 12:19 am

Again:

Post by eddie on Wed May 15, 2019 10:37 pm

If the guy hadn’t been gay, with an Italian lover....would anyone here, have thought him racist?

Answers please?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri May 17, 2019 1:58 am

eddie wrote:Again:

Post by eddie on Wed May 15, 2019 10:37 pm

If the guy hadn’t been gay, with an Italian lover....would anyone here, have thought him racist?

Answers please?

Syl, Vintage and myself answered. Or were aiming for a particular poster?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 17, 2019 7:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

That's the problem with RW conservatives...no independent thought.  The whole idea of democracy is to take the ideas of many, many people, and evaluate each, and select a few.

Conservatives have no independent thought because they are not experienced in thinking of others.  They have no practice.  Conservatives believe that no social effort (ie, libertarianism) is the best.  All of their efforts are motivated by selfishness ... as, for example, in capitalism.

Unfortunately, shutting down your concern for others, also shuts down your your ability to cerebralize.  Thought, after all, comes from communication, and  a lack of concern for others atrophies one's need for the tools of communication ... which are thought edifices.  Hence the need for abstract thought wanes and dwindles.

Too bad.

I've articulated my thoughts many many times here on this forum...!

The vids above are bang on the money...!

Has anyone actually watched either of them...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri May 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That's the problem with RW conservatives...no independent thought.  The whole idea of democracy is to take the ideas of many, many people, and evaluate each, and select a few.

Conservatives have no independent thought because they are not experienced in thinking of others.  They have no practice.  Conservatives believe that no social effort (ie, libertarianism) is the best.  All of their efforts are motivated by selfishness ... as, for example, in capitalism.

Unfortunately, shutting down your concern for others, also shuts down your your ability to cerebralize.  Thought, after all, comes from communication, and  a lack of concern for others atrophies one's need for the tools of communication ... which are thought edifices.  Hence the need for abstract thought wanes and dwindles.

Too bad.

I've articulated my thoughts many many times here on this forum...!

The vids above are bang on the money...!

Has anyone actually watched either of them...!?

I have. The vids are not arguments, but a litany of adjectives about the left. Adjectives are not debate, but decrees.

You just declined, above, to have any independent thoughts. If you had any original thinking on the subject, you would at least discuss it in your own words.

If you can't talk about it, that means you haven't thought about it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down