NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freddie Starr dead: Comedian and I'm A Celebrity star dies at 76

+2
Syl
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Freddie Starr dead: Comedian and I'm A Celebrity star dies at 76 Empty Freddie Starr dead: Comedian and I'm A Celebrity star dies at 76

Post by eddie Thu May 09, 2019 10:20 pm

Freddie Starr has died at the age of 76.

The comedian and lead singer of Merseybeat pop group the Midniters has been found dead at his Spanish home.

The star's body was discovered on the floor of his Costa Del Sol apartment.

A neighbour, who asked not to be named, told the Mirror: "His carer found him dead in his chair at around 3.30pm.

"Police arrived first and then later an ambulance arrived and he was taken away.

"His next door neighbour who is a nurse said he was definitely dead. She said she thinks he may have suffered a heart attack."

Another neighbour added: "He’s been quite ill ever since he moved in and has barely left his apartment since moving in a couple of years ago.

"He would just sit indoors all day long and he never had any visitors. It’s so tragic."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/breaking-freddie-starr-dead-comedian-15022018
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Freddie Starr dead: Comedian and I'm A Celebrity star dies at 76 Empty Re: Freddie Starr dead: Comedian and I'm A Celebrity star dies at 76

Post by Syl Fri May 10, 2019 12:54 am

Sad,  he was very popular back in the day.
I dont think he ever recovered publicly or privately after he was linked to the Saville scandal.

RIP Freddie Starr.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Freddie Starr dead: Comedian and I'm A Celebrity star dies at 76 Empty Re: Freddie Starr dead: Comedian and I'm A Celebrity star dies at 76

Post by nicko Fri May 10, 2019 6:03 am

His send up of Hitler had me in stitches, he had a great voice as well. I thought he was a brilliant comedian, RIP.Freddie.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 10, 2019 12:27 pm

nicko wrote:His send up of Hitler had me in stitches, he had a great voice as well. I thought he was a brilliant comedian, RIP.Freddie.

Bobby Ball said this morning in response to the news of Freddie Starrs death.
There are comedian and there are comics, comedians tell jokes comics are just funny people....Freddie was a comic, he didn't even have to speak to make people laugh.

I think he was spot on.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 11, 2019 3:47 am

I feel a bit of a hypocrite by posting this thread up, actually.

I couldn’t stand him.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat May 11, 2019 3:58 am

Sorry he’s dead but he was never my cup of tea.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat May 11, 2019 5:44 am

Two Ladies here said they didn't like him, why ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat May 11, 2019 5:46 am

nicko wrote:Two Ladies here said they didn't like him, why ?

I dunno. I just didn’t find him funny at all.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 11, 2019 8:38 am

The poor chap never recovered from that accusation from Karin Ward. He lost the libel case, but he shouldn't have had to bring it in the first place IMO.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 11, 2019 12:47 pm

I think in todays climate he would be considered very un pc, his act was certainly sexist, especially as he got older.
In his day he was probably the funniest and most talented comic around, he could sing, dance, do impressions, and he just had what they call 'funny bones'.
His encore (and it was unheard of anyone got an encore) on the Royal Variety Show boosted his career to great heights....so sad that he ended up old, fat, ignored and lonely singing in back street Karaoke bars in Spain.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat May 11, 2019 2:18 pm

nicko wrote:Two Ladies here said they didn't like him, why ?

He was egotistical and coarse. I don’t like slapstick humour either.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat May 11, 2019 4:41 pm

He was a Comic , and a good one . He made me laugh, that's all I want, down to earth comedy. The likes of Frankie Boyle makeme want to spit, along with others of his ilk. I liked Benny Hill as well, so there !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 11, 2019 10:22 pm

nicko wrote:He was a Comic , and a good one .  He made me laugh, that's all I want, down to earth comedy.  The likes of Frankie Boyle makeme want to spit, along with others of his ilk. I liked Benny Hill as well, so there !

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun May 12, 2019 6:10 am

nicko wrote:He was a Comic , and a good one .  He made me laugh, that's all I want, down to earth comedy.  The likes of Frankie Boyle makeme want to spit, along with others of his ilk. I liked Benny Hill as well, so there !

I’m not doubting that he was. Some of his stuff was funny but on the whole I just didn’t like his act most of the time. It’s very sad how he died though. May he Rest In Peace.

Everyone likes different things, that’s what makes life so interesting.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 12, 2019 8:39 am

The star's body was discovered on the floor of his Costa Del Sol apartment.

A neighbour, who asked not to be named, told the Mirror: "His carer found him dead in his chair at around 3.30pm.

Was he on the floor or in his chair?

It was probably quick. People do die suddenly and hardly know a thing about it. I keep hearing stories about this kind of thing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun May 12, 2019 11:28 pm

It's sad that his daughter has given an interview in one of the Sunday papers saying what a rotten father he was.

I think the fact that none of his ex wives or six children ever kept in touch with him is proof enough that he wasn't a brilliant family man.

After someone has died I always think family members should keep their private thoughts just that, and let the deceased  rest in peace.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon May 13, 2019 2:16 am

Syl wrote:It's sad that his daughter has given an interview in one of the Sunday papers saying what a rotten father he was.

I think the fact that none of his ex wives or six children ever kept in touch with him is proof enough that he wasn't a brilliant family man.

After someone has died I always think family members should keep their private thoughts just that, and let the deceased  rest in peace.

I somewhat agree but then again, it must be hurtful to those who were treated so badly to see them lionized in the media after they died and perhaps they think people should know the truth.

It’s just a sad situation all round.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down