NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any hope for the NHS in your opinion?

+9
'Wolfie
Andy
nicko
Tommy Monk
Vintage
Maddog
Ben Reilly
eddie
Syl
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is there any hope for the NHS in your opinion? - Page 3 Empty Is there any hope for the NHS in your opinion?

Post by Syl Wed May 08, 2019 7:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think not.

For the first time ever I have been unable to make a GP's appointment. I offered to wait the two to three weeks which is standard practice now.....even that couldn't be done.
Full up for the foreseeable.

What a sad state of affairs for our once thriving NHS.Crying or Very sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is there any hope for the NHS in your opinion? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is there any hope for the NHS in your opinion?

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 11, 2019 10:25 am

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Nonsense. Try being a bit more pleasant for a change. There is info out there that Buba doesn't cover you for pre-existing conditions. Perhaps you should write them a letter and tell them they're misleading people.

It is not nonsense

The reality is Andy was utterly lying

There is no confusion, unless you happene to be utterly dimwitted

The claim was that private health insurance does not cover pre-exiisting conditions

The claim was not whether it covered them all

Private health insurance do cover some pre-existing conditions

Hence, Andy is either thick or a liar

No, he got the info from Bupa. Tell them they're lying or thick instead.

Anyway, you're too thick to understand a discussion, so you can ramble on to yourself about how fabulous and "right" you always are - nobody else seems to care.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is there any hope for the NHS in your opinion? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is there any hope for the NHS in your opinion?

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 10:27 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

It is not nonsense

The reality is Andy was utterly lying

There is no confusion, unless you happene to be utterly dimwitted

The claim was that private health insurance does not cover pre-exiisting conditions

The claim was not whether it covered them all

Private health insurance do cover some pre-existing conditions

Hence, Andy is either thick or a liar

Anyway, you're too thick to understand a discussion, so you can ramble on to yourself about how fabulous and "right" you always are - nobody else seems to care.

He invented his claim

As seen Eddie also has cover, as do I

I will continue to explain why you are a thickie

So thanks, I will continue to expose your stupidity as well as Andy

I have zero respect for either of you, mainly as you both are a bunch of shit stirring wankers   Laughing

Hence either people are to thick or lying in regards to this claim

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat May 11, 2019 10:40 am

I was due to have blood taken but not for another month but symptoms had returned with a vengeance. I managed to get an appointment and the nurse went off to ask th doctor if she could take the blood early, next thing I was whisked off to the triage nurses office and ended up having blood , blood pressure, chest listened to and then plugged in to a heart monitor, doctor came in and checked the heart trace and other obs. Left with medication and a consultants appointment. I was mightily impressed.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat May 11, 2019 12:32 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

He invented his claim

I have zero respect for either of you, mainly as you both are a bunch of shit stirring wankers   Laughing

On the tablets for your problems, or missed a couple.?

You actually aren't well in the head.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat May 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Having calmed down, I do have to say also that the NHS can still be a wonderful service for the majority of people who use it.

I had a complete knee replacement and excellent care 5 years ago, I am sure once I get the ball rolling and manage to see a GP, I will be referred back to the hospital so my other knee can be sorted.

My OH is diabetic and he has prescribed medicine and regular scheduled check ups to keep him well....all on the NHS.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat May 11, 2019 12:56 pm

Andy wrote:
phildidge wrote:

He invented his claim

I agree - there's something wrong with him.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Andy wrote:
phildidge wrote:

He invented his claim

Our resident Dr Andy, continuing to talk utter tripe as usual.

Grow up you pathetic little angry boy

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat May 11, 2019 9:16 pm

Jules wrote:
Original Quill wrote:
Jules wrote:If the NHS is deteriorating despite all the measures taken, then things don't look too good. Ultimately it will probably fizzle out. 

The gov't tried everything to get more medical staff - it encouraged more working class and more homegrown pupils, more women, and it lowered entrance grades  …... and yet they are still struggling?  Ominous!!

I'm curious.  

Would the quality of medical services be any better if it were privatized?  Why?

Yo, kid ! Wink 

I'd like to give a short, straightforward answer, Quill.
But that is one loaded question, about a very complex establishment.  
If you read my reply to Syl above,  that puts things in some context.

See, private medical care is ALREADY available to those who opt for it, ie the super-affluent "1 percent" or so.
There are plenty of privatised schemes out there, which run alongside the NHS. Fine.

HOWEVER, changing the entire NHS to a privatised service [ie making it profit driven] is a whole new ball game

Greedy profiteering in hospitals would change the entire cultural landscape of the country - for the worse.
Some spheres of life [like housing or even education] can be handed over to the private sector, fine.
But health shouldn't be one of them.

Giving the NHS to greedy businessmen who know zilch about medicine and care even less is unethical
Making a fat profit on the back of human sickness & misery is immoral.
We are not Americans. :-|

I've used private medicine in England without even having insurance, and it was still slightly cheaper, or at least on par, with what I would have paid in America WITH insurance.

I think this illustrates another positive influence of the NHS, because I would bet good money that private doctors, hospitals, etc. charge lower prices here than they would if there wasn't a free alternative.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun May 12, 2019 6:33 am

As one who has experienced both systems, the NHS wins hands down. The care they have shown to all of my family and extended family and friends has been second to none.

When senior had his traumatic accident here, we were lucky the the NHS covered it as Mr. C was still serving. He received excellent care but If it had happened 3 months later we would still be paying medical bills nearly 9 years later or have had to declare bankruptcy.

I have many patrons who cannot afford to go see a doctor even in a reduced fee clinic based on income. Some have to decide on food vs medicine. No one should ever be in that position.

Fight with all of your might to keep the NHS I beg of you all.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon May 13, 2019 8:50 am

Idea

With both smelly' and Maddog, it is quite simple...

They have both declared their preferences for government-mandated privatised oligopolies where the customer has no choice of doctor and hospital unless they are prepared to pay through the nose --
double the costs amd mortgage your house --  for the privilege..

Tough luck if the bottom 30% of the population can't access reasonable healthcare;  and the middle half are always struggling  --  that's all their own fault for being so poor  !

Giving free choice to people so that they can choose between different forms of healthcare is communistic, "not democratic", un-American and anti-fascist --  and has no place in their dream of a "user pays", 'free market', pro-big business libertarian paradise..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon May 13, 2019 10:13 am

May be if the scrounging bleeders from abroad paid what the owe, instead of having their treatment and pissing off without paying it might make a bit of difference ! At the last count the NHS IS OWED £25 million by the Health Tourists !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 13, 2019 10:58 am

That sounds a lot and it IS a lot, but compared to the entire NHS budget that is a tiny drop in the ocean.
Vast amounts are wasted, be it uneccasary layers of managers, bidding tenders for drugs or inefficient systems.
Re treatment, the NHS should have access to a database such as the electoral roll.
If you have a NI number,then it is free.
No address, not British or EU member, then produce and insurance document or a credit card.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon May 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Agreed !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 13, 2019 3:19 pm

Don't say that Nicko. People will start wondering why we agree so much!
Are you becoming a soft lefty?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 13, 2019 6:22 pm

It's much more than that nicki... more like 2000 million a year...

And Andy... your above post is all I've ever advocated myself... but you call me a racist/nazi etc when I said it...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

It's much more than that nicki... more like 2000 million a year...

And Andy... your above post is all I've ever advocated myself... but you call me a racist/nazi etc when I said it...!

Utter Bollox Tommy. 2 billion? show me the link
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Between £110million and £280 million..10 times less than Tommy's usual lies.
https://fullfact.org/health/health-tourists-how-much-do-they-cost-and-who-pays/
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 13, 2019 7:42 pm

Andy... funny how you don't say anything about nickos figure of 25 million... which is 10 times lower than the figures you now claim... while you are also complaining about figures being 10 times out in accuracy... but only after I posted the figures that i found...!!!???

For Andy...

"...use of the NHS—by foreign visitors who've ended up being treated while in England—is estimated to cost about £1.8 billion a year. The majority of these costs aren't currently charged for.13 Apr 2015..."

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Foreign patients 'cost NHS £2bn a year'The National Health Service is spending up to £2 billion every year treating foreign nationals, a report commissioned by the Government has suggested...

Reports commissioned by the Health Secretary, said that the total cost of treating both foreign residents and short-term visitors to the UK is between £1.9 billion and £2 billion...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/10395138/Foreign-patients-cost-NHS-2bn-a-year.html

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 pm

Here is an eye watering cost of just one of the foreigners who wasn't entitled to use our NHS...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/901641/NHS-health-tourism-uk-crisis-highest-NHS-bill-Manchester-hospital

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon May 13, 2019 8:53 pm

Yawn.😴
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 13, 2019 10:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Here is an eye watering cost of just one of the foreigners who wasn't entitled to use our NHS...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/901641/NHS-health-tourism-uk-crisis-highest-NHS-bill-Manchester-hospital

You can't generalize from specifics, tommy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 13, 2019 11:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Andy... funny how you don't say anything about nickos figure of 25 million... which is 10 times lower than the figures you now claim... while you are also complaining about figures being 10 times out in accuracy... but only after I posted the figures that i found...!!!???

For Andy...

"...use of the NHS—by foreign visitors who've ended up being treated while in England—is estimated to cost about £1.8 billion a year. The majority of these costs aren't currently charged for.13 Apr 2015..."

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 13, 2019 11:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Foreign patients 'cost NHS £2bn a year'The National Health Service is spending up to £2 billion every year treating foreign nationals, a report commissioned by the Government has suggested...

Reports commissioned by the Health Secretary, said that the total cost of treating both foreign residents and short-term visitors to the UK is between £1.9 billion and £2 billion...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/10395138/Foreign-patients-cost-NHS-2bn-a-year.html

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 14, 2019 3:13 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Foreign patients 'cost NHS £2bn a year'The National Health Service is spending up to £2 billion every year treating foreign nationals, a report commissioned by the Government has suggested...

The Telegraph wrote:Around £388 million a year is spent on foreigners who should pay for care under current rules – European citizens whose home governments should pay their costs – but only around £73 million is recovered, according to research from Creative Research, a consultancy.

So, the issue is the poor collection procedures of the British government. I won't remind you that they are Tories.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3