NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this dad homophobic in your opinion?

+5
Victorismyhero
Cass
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
Syl
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is this dad homophobic in your opinion? Empty Is this dad homophobic in your opinion?

Post by Syl Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:24 pm

He objected to a play being performed at his sons primary school which dealt with 2 men marrying.
The play was shown to children aged 8 and over.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/10/father-reported-for-homophobia-after-complaint-about-gay-play-at-sons-school-5745072/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is this dad homophobic in your opinion? Empty Re: Is this dad homophobic in your opinion?

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:34 pm

Yeah, afraid so. Gay marriage is not a subject that kids can't handle.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Is this dad homophobic in your opinion? Empty Re: Is this dad homophobic in your opinion?

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Maybe - according the latest knee-jerk definition of the word. However, he's entitled to his views, and I really don't see what it has to do with the police.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:36 pm

I don't think primary schools are the place to make kids aware of homosexuality anyway.
When kids are young it's the parents job to educate them about sexual preferences when they see fit....not the schools.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Maybe - according the latest knee-jerk definition of the word. However, he's entitled to his views, and I really don't see what it has to do with the police.

I read somewhere today someone wrote....everyones rights but Christian rights are held up in the UK.
I agree when I read stories like this.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:40 pm

Syl wrote:I don't think primary schools are the place to make kids aware of homosexuality anyway.
When kids are young it's the parents job to educate them about sexual preferences when they see fit....not the schools.

Ideally, but a lot of parents have proved to be lousy teachers.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:46 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Maybe - according the latest knee-jerk definition of the word. However, he's entitled to his views, and I really don't see what it has to do with the police.

I read somewhere today someone wrote....everyones rights but Christian rights are held up in the UK.

but then again what about the rights of children who may have a parental relationship like this?

It's a catch 22 situation.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:49 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Syl wrote:I don't think primary schools are the place to make kids aware of homosexuality anyway.

That's true, but secondary schools (aged 11 and upwards) could educate about sex and relationships...I personallty think kids aged 8 to 11 don't need to be taught in school.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:49 pm

Syl wrote:

I can see no reference to the man being a Christian Syl. I think that it's a mistake to assume that "homophobia" is confined to some of those with religious faith.

Of course he might be as it's a RC school. However, I do people who send their children to RC schools because they like the school.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Cass wrote:
Syl wrote:

but then again what about the rights of children who may have a parental relationship like this?

It's a catch 22 situation.

If kids under 11 have same sex parents I should think that the subject would have come up from an early age Cass.
Those kids are obviously in the minority so they would have been aware of their parents being "different" to their classmates.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I can see no reference to the man being a Christian Syl. I think that it's a mistake to assume that "homophobia" is confined to some of those with religious faith.

Of course he might be as it's a RC school. However, I do people who send their children to RC schools because they like the school.

I could have heard it said on the local news...(it was covered in the Manchester Evening News) local people were giving their opinions.

I think most schools are mixed faith now anyway, the C of E primary my son went to has every faith attending now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:14 pm

given that gay marriages are now pert of our society
given that kids of all ages will see things about it in the media
given that they may well know a kid with gay parents as it becomes more common

whats the problem...I mean its about marriage...I doubt they went into what went on in the nuptial bedroom

jeeze some folks are far too prissy...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:27 pm

fortunately stormee...we dont all float in the same boat as the ISIS primitives
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Were the people acting as the Princes female? That's traditional in some pantomimes. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:04 pm

The headteacher of Sacred heart RC primary Ms Morrow said..."We are proud to be one of the first schools locally to stand up to homophobia"??

Sounds to me as if she is making an issue where none exists.

Unless the children aged 8 to 11 are saying homophobic things (which there has been no mention of) why even highlight and emphasize the subject in the first place?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:38 pm

Lord Foul wrote:fortunately stormee...we dont all float in the same boat as the  ISIS primitives

Here here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:57 pm

Even if people agree that the play was educational and not too advanced for 8 year olds, would it not have been a good idea (as the dad mentioned) to let parents know in advance of the content of the play and the activities afterwards?
If anyone held strong views surely they should be entitled to have the option to withdraw their child from that particular lesson.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:03 pm

Syl wrote:The headteacher of Sacred heart RC primary Ms Morrow  said..."We are proud to be one of the first schools locally to stand up to homophobia"??

Sounds to me as if she is making an issue where none exists.

Unless the children aged 8 to 11 are saying homophobic things (which there has been no mention of) why even highlight and emphasize  the subject in the first place?

that presumably was in response to the fathers whinging

I'd say its the father thats making an issue where none should exist

he's a dick...simples.... Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:17 pm

Syl wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

That's true, but  secondary schools (aged 11 and upwards) could educate about sex and relationships...I personallty think kids aged 8 to 11 don't need to be taught in school.

It shouldn't include anything about sex -- the play just had a gay couple in it. Eight-year-olds don't need to be told anything more than "sometimes men love women, sometimes men love men, and sometimes women love women."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:18 am

Just because someone objects to something that is to do with their child, it doesn't mean they against it.
I wouldn't want my 8 year old watching a play where two people shouted and swore, doesn't mean I'm against shouting and swearing.

Would it bother me regarding the gay marriage in a play? No.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:40 am

Since he is makung such an issue over a play about marriage purely because it is gay I'd say that yes he is homophobic, to an extent. Maybe not a gay hating homophobe, we'd need more information to know that, but based purely on this story he is clearly opposed to gay people on some level.

Eds, the difference is that you know, regardless of whether you do it or not, or are against it or not, you know that swearing is a not a nice thing to do.

If the same is the case here (the father thinks being gay is a bad thing), he is by definition a homophobe.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:00 am

Well he posted a homophobic rant, so that tends to give this away.

Also is he now saying a gay couple has to wait until the 9 o'clock watershed, before they can go out in public? As that is what the father is basically saying. That he wanted to be asked permission for his son to understand what he is going to see in everyday life. Couples of the same sex walking around. So clearly the parent had also some warped view that the school had taught gay sex, by his reactions. That is how it seems to me what kicked him off, based only on his son saying they were taught about gay relationships. It would also explain his really daft comments

“It has nothing to do with gay sex that upset us but the lack of parental consent.
In a public post, he wrote: “I think people who promote PC sex to kids below 11 border on paedophilia and are depraved.

Clearly he jumped to the wrong conclusion. So his initial reaction clearly was based on the dad wrongly assuming they had talked about actual Gay sex. So basically he is saying he has to have permission for biology lessons. So I do not think his initial reaction was one of homophobia but based off wrongly assuming lessons were being given on sex, when it was on relationships. He then certainly descended very much to be homophobic when  he then makes poor comments like ‘social engineering”. in regards to homosexual relationships.. Which is him basically saying this will turn kids gay.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:14 am

At the very least then, quite stupid. But yeah, probably homophobic too.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:17 am

Eilzel wrote:At the very least then, quite stupid. But yeah, probably homophobic too.

Oh he is clearly homophobic based on his views on Facebook.
Like I say initially he wrongly assumed it was about gay sex itself based on his comments.
Thing is now he has ended up by running his mouth off and ending up, placing such a label on himself of homophobia by how he completely over reacted.

Back to top Go down

Is this dad homophobic in your opinion? Empty One would have had to click on the link and read the article >>>

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:43 am

eddie wrote:Just because someone objects to something that is to do with their child,  it doesn't mean they against it.
I wouldn't want my 8 year old watching a play where two people shouted and swore, doesn't mean I'm against shouting and swearing.

Would it bother me regarding the gay marriage in a play? No.

The rather exceptional way in which the knuckler-dragger took his personal opinion about his son's version of the play and then posted out on his social media page --- well, that was a very LAME method of looking for the TRUTH in what had taken place during that school play! 

His quote from the link & article >>>

He accused the school of social engineering and claimed: ‘I think people who promote PC sex to kids below 11 border on paedophilia and are depraved.
‘It has nothing to do with gay sex that upset us but the lack of parental consent, a bit like finding the school had decided it has the right to vaccinate your kids for you and did it without your consent because it knows best.’

Now the headteacher of Sacred Heart RC Primary in Atherton, near Wigan, has vowed to stand up to homophobia. Carrie Morrow said she was shocked the workshop aimed at teaching children about diversity was criticised by a ‘small minority’ of parents on Facebook.
What a shame that this human couldn't have asked to look at the play book/speak to the Head Master --- contact anyone/someone before proving what an absolute MORON he is with this verbal dump on his social media page!  Where he was able to pull in other 'LIKE MINDED MORONS' and it really took off!  Suspect

I can't speak for what is shown during 'Prime Time TV' over in your area; but for all of us here in the states...there are a wide ranging sitcoms that have same sex couples as part of the entire structure and cast for those shows! 

We've evolved quite a few years since Archie Bunker and 'All In The Family' epic earth shattering social issue shows!

And here I was being kept from watching 'Benny Hill' because my parents thought it far too Risqué for my tender eyes ~~~ Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:38 am

Without a doubt the parent is an idiot.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:22 pm

I think the dad is getting a hard time here.

If the head had informed the parents and given them a choice of whether they agreed their child could be included in the lesson none of this would have happened.

Unless he has posted more on facebook what he actually said has been blown out of proportion....he simply did not agree to his child being taught this lesson......and to be fair, why should a primary school take it upon themselves to bring in a gay friendly (what the hell is that anyway? do we also have straight friendly?) workshop to educate their kids about sexual preferences...be them straight, gay, or anything else that's legal..

My own son was told early on (probably under eight) what the term 'gay' implied. It came up in conversation, his questions were asked and answered...by ME.
I would have been pissed off if someone else had decided the time was right for him to know....parents do have rights, on this occasion I think the dad was right.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Sexuality, race, gender equality, religion etc. Being made aware All of these things SHOULD be part of a child's education.

Syl, I agree that parents SHOULD be the ones left to inform their children of these things in a way that is open and decent.

However, some parents either do not or will not. OR they do but only in ways that are sexist, racist or homophobic.

Not all parents; but a minority. As a result the education system has to do its part.

As to the play. Nothing in it is inappropriate for children. So at best the father's complaints were misplaced and ignorant and there is no need for teachers to have to go to the extra effort of informing all the kds parents.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Didge wrote:Well he posted a homophobic rant, so that tends to give this away.

Also is he now saying a gay couple has to wait until the 9 o'clock watershed, before they can go out in public? As that is what the father is basically saying. That he wanted to be asked permission for his son to understand what he is going to see in everyday life. Couples of the same sex walking around. So clearly the parent had also some warped view that the school had taught gay sex, by his reactions. That is how it seems to me what kicked him off, based only on his son saying they were taught about gay relationships. It would also explain his really daft comments

“It has nothing to do with gay sex that upset us but the lack of parental consent.
In a public post, he wrote: “I think people who promote PC sex to kids below 11 border on paedophilia and are depraved.

Clearly he jumped to the wrong conclusion. So his initial reaction clearly was based on the dad wrongly assuming they had talked about actual Gay sex. So basically he is saying he has to have permission for biology lessons. So I do not think his initial reaction was one of homophobia but based off wrongly assuming lessons were being given on sex, when it was on relationships. He then certainly descended very much to be homophobic when  he then makes poor comments like ‘social engineering”. in regards to homosexual relationships.. Which is him basically saying this will turn kids gay.

What rubbish...you are putting your own personal interpretation of what he said and presenting it as fact.

As for your comment of what he meant by 'social engineering', you cannot possibly know he meant seeing a play would turn kids gay.
He could have just as easily meant the social engineering of opening up a young childs mind about grown up relationships (of any kind)

Kids develop differently, some 5 year olds start to ask questions about relationships ...some 10 year olds are still very immature in their outlook.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Syl wrote:I think the dad is getting a hard time here.

If the head had informed the parents and given them a choice of whether they agreed their child could be included in the lesson none of this would have happened.

Unless he has posted more on facebook what he actually said has been blown out of proportion....he simply did not agree to his child being taught this lesson......and to be fair, why should a primary school take it upon themselves to bring in a gay friendly (what the hell is that anyway? do we also have straight friendly?) workshop to educate their kids about sexual preferences...be them straight, gay, or anything else that's legal..

My own son was told early on (probably under eight) what the term 'gay' implied. It came up in conversation, his questions were asked and answered...by ME.
I would have been pissed off if someone else had decided the time was right for him to know....parents do have rights, on this occasion I think the dad was right.

The school are under no obligation to tell parents about a play being performed within the school.
Nothing has happened other than some parents wrongly assuming that their kids were being taught actually about gay sex, which is backed up by the father's replies. He wrongly assumed they were being taught about sex when this was about relationships.

Why should the father have the right to take a child out of school over a children's play? That is no different to any other fairy tail children's play. Again the only way this is optional is for his child to basically change schools. Are you saying no gay couples should not venture out during the day, because you have decided to ostracize them from society, in case children might see two people happy in love together? This play had two Princes instead of a Prince and Princess, big deal. It helps children understand other children will be different to how they are.

What this father is protesting is based off him wrongly assuming the lesson was about sex, to then in his anger then show he actually is very much homophobic, [b]comments like ‘social engineering”. in regards to homosexual relationships.. Which is him basically saying this will turn kids gay. Homosexuality is not a belief like religion is where you do have a choice. So every single child will be taught different genders.

So your issue is with knowing that some people are gay, as the only reason to deny teaching this to 8 year old's, even through they already know men and women live together? So prey tell, what is so wrong telling an 8 year old boy that two men love each other? As early as possible is the right time to know. Where even better you have some homosexual friends that children already know then that some people are gay.

Last edited by Didge on Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Eilzel wrote:Sexuality, race, gender equality, religion etc. Being made aware All of these things SHOULD be part of a child's education.

Syl, I agree that parents SHOULD be the ones left to inform their children of these things in a way that is open and decent.

However, some parents either do not or will not. OR they do but only in ways that are sexist, racist or homophobic.

Not all parents; but a minority. As a result the education system has to do its part.

As to the play. Nothing in it is inappropriate for children. So at best the father's complaints were misplaced and ignorant and there is no need for teachers to have to go to the extra effort of informing all the kds parents.

I don't actually know the content of the play Eizel so I cant comment it would be interesting to actually see that.

I agree that a minority of parents are ignorant when they talk to their kids about diversity in people, and I would support kids from 11 and over (those in senior schools) having lessons discussing all of the above.
If a young child does show signs of being homophobic, I think that should be addressed at the time, that imo is where the school should intervene.

Can I give you an example? I have one son now grown up, but when he was a boy around the age of 6 or 7 he was playing with a group of kids and one lad called another "gay"...the others joined in, and soon they were chanting gay at this lad even though I doubt anyone knew what the word meant.
I told them to stop being silly....but when my son came in I told HIM what the word meant, that people like and love different people, everyone is different etc....and that was that.

I would not have dreamt of telling anyone elses kids though, it wasn't my place.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:Well he posted a homophobic rant, so that tends to give this away.

What rubbish...you are putting your own personal interpretation of what he said and presenting it as fact.

As for your comment of what he meant by 'social engineering', you cannot possibly know he meant seeing a play would turn kids gay.
He could have just as easily  meant the social engineering of opening up a young childs mind about grown up relationships (of any kind)

Kids develop differently, some 5 year olds start to ask questions about relationships ...some 10 year olds are still very immature in their outlook.

Its as plain as day, I suggest you read his words again

"It has nothing to do with gay sex that upset us but the lack of parental consent."

It never had anything ever to do with gay sex, but gender differences, hence his wrong and false assumption, as why even mention gay sex?

Again you fail to read his next ppoint:

Promote?
Homosexuality is not a crime
So how is there any PC sex being promoted to then equate this to pedophilia?

As to social engineering, that is exactly what he meant, when he meant turning people Gay

I was once homophobic and a catholic and have heard these same things many times

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Syl- then you are a good parent. But for many out there that just isn't the case- what about those kids? We just condemn to them to growing up ignorant or worse?

Ultimately no harm can come from a play about gay married- so why the fuss?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:56 pm

Didge wrote:

The school are under no obligation to tell parents about a play being performed within the school.
Nothing has happened other than some parents wrongly assuming that their kids were being taught actually about gay sex, which is backed up by the father's replies. He wrongly assumed they were being taught about sex when this was about relationships.

Why should the father have the right to take a child out of school over a children's play? That is no different to any other fairy tail children's play. Again the only way this is optional is for his child to basically change schools. Are you saying no gay couples should not venture out during the day, because you have decided to ostracize them from society, in case children might see two people happy in love together? This play had two Princes instead of a Prince and Princess, big deal. It helps children understand other children will be different to how they are.

What this father is protesting is based off him wrongly assuming the lesson was about sex, to then in his anger then show he actually is very much homophobic, [b]comments like ‘social engineering”. in regards to homosexual relationships.. Which is him basically saying this will turn kids gay. Homosexuality is not a belief like religion is where you do have a choice. So every single child will be taught different genders.

So your issue is with knowing that some people are gay, as the only reason to deny teaching this to 8 year old's, even through they already know men and women live together? So prey tell, what is so wrong telling an 8 year old boy that two men love each other? As early as possible is the right time to know. Where even better you have some homosexual that children already know then that some people are gay.

Knowing this lesson was out of the norm for primary schools I don't see why a letter could not have been written to inform the parents, for one thing it would have prevented the publicity, which no school wants in my experience.

I didn't say the father should have the right to take the child out of school, I said out of this particular lesson.
My local primary school have children whos parents object them attending assembly, they are catered for in a classroom till assembly has finished....same thing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

So your issue is with knowing that some people are gay, as the only reason to deny teaching this to 8 year old's, even through they already know men and women live together? So prey tell, what is so wrong telling an 8 year old boy that two men love each other? As early as possible is the right time to know. Where even better you have some homosexual that children already know then that some people are gay.

Knowing this lesson was out of the norm for primary schools I don't see why a letter could not have been written to inform the parents, for one thing it would have prevented the publicity, which no school wants in my experience.

I didn't say the father should have the right to take the child out of school, I said out of this particular lesson.
My local primary school have children whos parents object them attending assembly, they are catered for in a classroom till assembly has finished....same thing.

Out of the norm?

How is a children's play out of the norm, when gay relationships have gone on for thousands of years?
Sorry Syl, its perfectly normal for homosexuals to have relationships. So it would not be out of the norm, even more so to a child, knowing very little of the history of the persecution of homosexuals.
This could have been prevented if the father had not mistook what was being taught. You are blaming the school for something they never did wrong. They taught children around the differences in relationships
They have no right to take out of the lesson, as why would they need to unless you hold a belief that views homosexuality as wrong.
Are you saying a parent has a right to deny his child being taught he may have classmates who are homosexual?
This is not about how they have sex, this is about that there are same sex couples.

Last edited by Didge on Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:02 pm

1.) why didn't he first contact the school and find out what EXACTLY had been shown to his son
2.) I can't even begin to tell you how many 'Parental Forms' go home in a back-pack and just disappear and so --- should that child be removed from a school program and set outside in the hallway because he/she didn't return that single 1 piece of paper?
3.) it's a play; someone higher up - that's paid to judge/make those appropriate decisions --- made that decision
4.) Dad - blew this into a MOUNTAIN from a mole hill by this:
‘I think people who promote PC sex to kids below 11 border on paedophilia and are depraved.
‘It has nothing to do with gay sex that upset us but the lack of parental consent, a bit like finding the school had decided it has the right to vaccinate your kids for you and did it without your consent because it knows best.’

5.) to whom is he referring to as the 'US' --- once his hysteria and bounce back from his media page --- he became a GROUP
6.) comparing that play to a medical injectable vaccine hardly constitutes equal/valid reason for a parental consent --- NOOOO WAY Rolling Eyes  

I'll go out on a limb and tell you; all of those little kids - fidget/horse play/whisper/poke/and barely pay attention to each and every finite detail that they are giving as the play's genre --- those littles are just happy to be out of the class room with all of those other warm little bodies!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:03 pm

Eilzel wrote:Syl- then you are a good parent. But for many out there that just isn't the case- what about those kids? We just condemn to them to growing up ignorant or worse?

No I don't think any child should grow up ignorant, I said if a child shows tendencies to be so early on, the primary school should intervene then.

For parents (the vast majority) who do want their kids to be taught the right way, childrens development vary in age a lot...when they are ready to know they ask questions about everything. Being lumped altogether in a classroom is not imo the ideal way for kids to learn.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:06 pm

It isn't just about helping gay children directly though, Syl. Its about making all children aware of all races, sexualities, religions etc. This play is just something else that would contribute to that.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Syl wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Syl- then you are a good parent. But for many out there that just isn't the case- what about those kids? We just condemn to them to growing up ignorant or worse?

No I don't think any child should grow up ignorant, I said if a child shows tendencies to be so early on, the primary school should intervene then.

For parents (the vast majority) who do want their kids to be taught the right way, childrens development vary in age a lot...when they are ready to know they ask questions about everything. Being lumped altogether in a classroom is not imo the ideal way for kids to learn.

But again, they will see same sex couples out in public.
So how is waiting for an age of any benefit when people already have homosexual friends who are in relationships who are invited around to their houses. You teach as early as possible to a child that this is very normal. I fail to see why you would even wait.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:18 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

He could have just as easily  meant the social engineering of opening up a young childs mind about grown up relationships (of any kind)

"It has nothing to do with gay sex that upset us but the lack of parental consent."

It never had anything ever to do with gay sex, but gender differences, hence his wrong and false assumption, as why even mention gay sex?

Promote?

As to social engineering, that is exactly what he meant, when he meant turning people Gay

I was once homophobic and a catholic and have heard these same things many times

I have read his words...I think he should have directed them at the school rather than on social media but I don't see anything homophobic in what he said.
He (dad) says "gay sex" ..."gay relationships" would have been a better way to describe it....but I have no knowledge of the plays content (do you?) so he has obviously reacted to what his son has told him.
He emphasises there that it's the lack of parental consent that he is bothered about.

The next point...I have no idea what PC sex is, I have never heard the term used before. Your interpretation is he means gay sex, my interpretation in the way he said it was teaching kids under 11.....that's why he likens it to depravity and paedophilia.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:23 pm

Eilzel wrote:It isn't just about helping gay children directly though, Syl. Its about making all children aware of all races, sexualities, religions etc. This play is just something else that would contribute to that.

Do most kids at age 8 to 11 even know they are gay, straight, etc though?
I still think if a young child has problems in any field they should have one to one counselling.

Actually if this school had occasion to see homophobic or any other problems arising, I do see the point, but there is no mention of it....so I don't.

Does anyone have any links to the actual play performed? It would be interesting to know.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:26 pm

aspca4ever wrote:

1.) why didn't he first contact the school and find out what EXACTLY had been shown to his son
2.) I can't even begin to tell you how many 'Parental Forms' go home in a back-pack and just disappear and so --- should that child be removed from a school program and set outside in the hallway because he/she didn't return that single 1 piece of paper?
3.) it's a play; someone higher up - that's paid to judge/make those appropriate decisions --- made that decision
‘I think people who promote PC sex to kids below 11 border on paedophilia and are depraved.

5.) to whom is he referring to as the 'US' --- once his hysteria and bounce back from his media page --- he became a GROUP
6.) comparing that play to a medical injectable vaccine hardly constitutes equal/valid reason for a parental consent --- NOOOO WAY Rolling Eyes  

I'll go out on a limb and tell you; all of those little kids - fidget/horse play/whisper/poke/and barely pay attention to each and every finite detail that they are giving as the play's genre --- those littles are just happy to be out of the class room with all of those other warm little bodies!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Promote?

I have read his words...I think he should have directed them at the school rather than on social media but I don't see anything homophobic in what he said.
He (dad) says "gay sex" ..."gay relationships" would have been a better way to describe it....but I have no knowledge of the plays content (do you?) so he has obviously reacted to what his son has told him.
He emphasises there  that it's the lack of parental consent that he is bothered about.

The next point...I have no idea what PC sex is, I have never heard the term used before. Your interpretation is he means gay sex, my interpretation in the way he said  it was teaching kids under 11.....that's why he likens it to depravity and paedophilia.

How does the kid know about any form of "sex"?
He was conflating two separate issues here. This is about teaching about relationships, where a man and a woman can be in love, a man and man can be in love and a woman and a woman can be in love ext. So stating sex is basing a view around sexual acts being taught. So he clearly  went off a belief they were talking about sexual acts and even worse he is making a very ignorant point over this. As in reality both heterosexuals and homosexuals enjoy the same sexual acts, but only varies on preference per individual. In fact around 30-40% of heterosexual couples have had anal sex and about the same percentage with homosexual men. Many homosexuals do not even like anal sex and kiss caress and perform oral sex, all the same things that heterosexuals do. There is no need to even mention sex and talking about sex acts. So why on earth would he need to pull his kid from the class? Its teaching about the differences within society so children understand.

So the play is irrelevant, even if the Princes kissed it would be irrelevant as heterosexual parents do the exact same thing when in love. So I doubt they have had any sex on stage, so what on earth would be the issue here over a child watching a play with two gay Princes? The only issue would either be homophobia based as I said around a view of turning people gay, or based off wrongly thinking they were teaching sexual acts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:41 pm

Syl wrote:
aspca4ever wrote:

1..He should have addressed the school first I agree, but it's a sign of the times that grievances are now played out on social media so everyone can get involved.

2..There was no parental form to sign on this occasion.

3...I know it was a play 4ever, but surely the people who booked it would have known that it could cause controversy and misunderstanding to some.

4...Dad may have over reacted, and I think his wording was a bit strong, but the part you highlight in red has no homophobic connotation to it.....he objected to the lesson because the kids are under 11....that's why he refers to depravity and paedophilia.

5....the US is him and a couple more parents initially , who quickly became a support group when it became public.

6...His point there was a tad excitable....but it's how he felt at the time.

Your last point....no doubt. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:47 pm

Well how he felt at the time has made him come out nationwide looking very poorly, of which he himself created Syl and only has himself to blame.
As stated there is not even a need for a consent form for a children's play when its a fairy tale. Unless again people would view there being something wrong with children seeing two people in love.
So it would only cause controversy if parents viewed homosexuality as wrong.

So again why on earth would you need a consent form to get permission off parents to watch a fairy tale where two people are in love?

Last edited by Didge on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Didge wrote:Well how he felt at the time has made him come out nationwide looking very poorly, of which he himself created Syl and only he himself to blame.
As stated there is not even a need for a consent form for a children'sa play when its a fairy tale. Unless again people would view there being something wrong with children seeing two people in love.

So again why on earth would you need a consent form to get permission off parents to watch a fairy tale where two people are in love?

Because this father (and he had some support from other parents) thought the play unsuitable for younger children.

The headmistress has made the statement "We have been quite bold" so perhaps she should have anticipated a reaction then?...she added that the school is proud to have stood up against homophobia. But who is homophobic here?
The police said no crime has been commited.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:Well how he felt at the time has made him come out nationwide looking very poorly, of which he himself created Syl and only he himself to blame.
As stated there is not even a need for a consent form for a children'sa play when its a fairy tale. Unless again people would view there being something wrong with children seeing two people in love.

Because this father (and he had some support from other parents) thought the play unsuitable for younger children.

The headmistress has made the statement "We have been quite bold" so perhaps she should have anticipated a reaction then?...she added that the school is proud to have stood up against homophobia. But who is homophobic here?

Yes they thought it was unsuitable because of their views on homosexuality.
I have posted numerous points which clearly indicate there can only be two reasons here for some of the parents being in my view silly.
As again what could have happened in the play that would be so wrong?
The only thing would be if they had sex on stage, which would be the same if it was a Prince and Princess.
This is the point you are missing Syl, its not sexually acts but attraction, whether people are either heterosexual or homosexual.
So if no sexual acts were being taught in the play, then there is no reason for a parent to be up in arms. It would have to be a distinct hostility towards homosexuality attraction. As again, all this play showed was a fairy with two people in love.
Never claimed any crime had been committed but its evident the reason stems from homophobia, as again:

Why be up in arms over a kids play that has two people in love?

Last edited by Didge on Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:09 pm

1..He should have addressed the school first I agree, but it's a sign of the times that grievances are now played out on social media so everyone can get involved.
2..There was no parental form to sign on this occasion.
3...I know it was a play 4ever, but surely the people who booked it would have known that it could cause controversy and misunderstanding to some.
4...Dad may have over reacted, and I think his wording was a bit strong, but the part you highlight in red has no homophobic connotation to it.....he objected to the lesson because the kids are under 11....that's why he refers to depravity and paedophilia.
5....the US is him and a couple more parents initially , who quickly became a support group when it became public.
6...His point there was a tad excitable....but it's how he felt at the time.

Your last point....no doubt. Is this dad homophobic in your opinion? Icon_razz
TY for you mature conversation about this issue; the vibe around here has done a 360º turn around and it's really nice cheers

'MY' reaction to 'HIS' verbal social media post was --- WTH, sweet jesus dude; you just assassinated the entire school staff with that  I think people who promote PC sex to kids below 11 border on paedophilia and are depraved. written/poor choice of words.  

And I did re-read the link and article looking for any further hidden links that might take it back to a connection to the theater group that sent the actors over to the school.  Then I finally noticed that 2nd image that had the schools sign; LMAO, I had no idea that this was a Catholic School --- SHOCK & AWE

It would be a frigid day in hell if any Catholic School in America even allowed the 'PC' topic to be discussed let alone be portrayed as a 'Fairy Tale Skit' for a school assembly!  affraid  Parents would be showing up the next morning for a public dose of 'beat the teachers & hang the principal' --- absolutely shocked that this Catholic School in England was soooo forward thinking! 

I'd doubt that anything near a PC stick figure projected movie would be allowed to be shown to our Catholic schools --- the earth would open up and swallow the building! Is this dad homophobic in your opinion? 3986371719

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:19 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes they thought it was unsuitable because of their views on homosexuality.
I have posted numerous points which clearly indicate there can only be two reasons here for some of the parents being in my view silly.
As again what could have happened in the play that would be so wrong?
The only thing would be if they had sex on stage, which would be the same if it was a Prince and Princess.
This is the point you are missing rags, its not sexually acts but attraction, whether people are either heterosexual or homosexual.
So if no sexual acts were being taught in the play, then there is no reason for a parent to be up in arms. It would have to be a distinct hostility towards homosexuality attraction. As again, all this play showed was a fairy with two people in love.
Never claimed any crime had been committed but its evident the reason stems from homophobia, as again:

Why be up in arms over a kids play that has two people in love?

It's SYL not RAGS you are replying to.

Once more....unless anyone has knowledge of the plays content we are just surmising.

I dont think a play has to show graphic sex scenes (which obviously it did not) in order for it to be unsuitable for small kids. Perhaps for some the fact that men actually marry would be upsetting....it's a very new concept for everyone, gays included.

I dont think anyone can be upset about a kids play of two people in love, but obviously this dad (based on his sons reaction) thought the content was too adult for 8 to 11 year olds.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next