NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In your opinion, has the London congestion ....

3 posters

Go down

In your opinion, has the London congestion .... Empty In your opinion, has the London congestion ....

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 7:31 am

Charging done enough by way if reducing traffic?..has it made a noticeable and significant improvement in reducing the amount of traffic?...

Just wondered as it may be rolled out to other UK cities.

Do any of you Londoners or surrounding area notice a big improvement?

Perhaps like BA, you weave in and out if traffic on your moped anyway? Laughing
Innit?

Back to top Go down

In your opinion, has the London congestion .... Empty Re: In your opinion, has the London congestion ....

Post by Andy Tue May 13, 2014 11:23 am

I plan my trips by car to the metrolopiss to arrive after 18:30 hrs.
Saves the tenner fee.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

In your opinion, has the London congestion .... Empty Re: In your opinion, has the London congestion ....

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 13, 2014 2:38 pm

It's great for all the rich people who live inside the zone, they can whiz around with less traffic and for free.

For everyone else who might need to drive in, they have to pay again to drive on roads that they've already paid to use through road tax and fuel duty.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:It's great for all the rich people who live inside the zone, they can whiz around with less traffic and for free.

For everyone else who might need to drive in, they have to pay again to drive on roads that they've already paid to use through road tax and fuel duty.

dirty, stinking Tory gits!! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 13, 2014 3:21 pm

Yes, red ken livingstone brought it in, what a stinking Tory he is well known to be.......!!!!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 13, 2014 5:41 pm

What's the matter JD?????

Nothing to say about the dirty stinking Tory red ken....?????
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 13, 2014 8:58 pm

JD????

Why do you always run away from my posts????

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 10:19 pm

I just dont, generally...go to London...been ONCE in the last 20 years....and that was a quick trip (on the train) to see my solicitor...

Normally I steer well clear of the place....YUK!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed May 14, 2014 12:49 am

I have drove into London a few times but it was before the Congestion charges were bought in. Since then it has always been on a plane or the train. Congestion charging into London had been on the table for years seriously from about 1985 onwards and was implemented on the back of a report submitted to government.

Edinburgh Council planned to bring in congestion charging but if memory serves me right one of the Lothian councils threatened that if they did they would bring in congestion charging on vehicles coming into their area from Edinburgh - they binned it Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 14, 2014 12:51 am

Irn Bru wrote:I have drove into London a few times but it was before the Congestion charges were bought in. Since then it has always been on a plane or the train. Congestion charging into London had been on the table for years seriously from about 1985 onwards and was implemented on the back of a report submitted to government.

Edinburgh Council planned to bring in congestion charging but id memory serves me right one of the Lothian councils threatened that if they did they would bring in congestion charging on vehicles coming into their area from Edinburgh - they binned it Laughing

lol!  Now that strikes me as quite a Scottish way of handling things. Right sunshine, you do that and , bang!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 2:13 am

JD.......?????

Nothing to say about the "dirty, stinking Tory gits" who brought in the London congestion charge.....????

I remember Ken Livingstone having quite a bit to say on the matter........

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 3:53 pm

JD, why are you avoiding this thread now.....????

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:JD.......?????

Nothing to say about the "dirty, stinking Tory gits" who brought in the London congestion charge.....????

I remember Ken Livingstone having quite a bit to say on the matter........

Tommy...what are you greeting about?...even Labour have made mistakes , I'll be one of the first to admit, just as I criticise many Conservative shitstorms.Smile

Why the hell would I be running away man?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have a life off forum too , you know Tommy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 5:18 pm

Ha ha ha!!!!

A leftie admitting labour made mistakes!?

That'll be the day...!!!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 6:11 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Ha ha ha!!!!

A leftie admitting labour made mistakes!?

That'll be the day...!!!!!

..but Tommy, this happens much more than you care to realise!!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Tommy..remember when Nick Griffin was pelted with stuff from protestors?...

I thought that was wrong!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Woopy bloody do!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 16, 2014 7:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Woopy bloody do!

Tommy, from what I've seen on forums, your more likely to find somebody on the left admitting their party made mistakes when in office than someone on the right...

I'm not saying nobody on the right can admit to their party's mistakes...it's just that I have seen far less on the right admit to their party's errors.

I'm being as truthful as I can Tommy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri May 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Simply not true.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down