NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this dad homophobic in your opinion?

+5
Victorismyhero
Cass
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
Syl
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is this dad homophobic in your opinion? - Page 2 Empty Is this dad homophobic in your opinion?

Post by Syl Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

He objected to a play being performed at his sons primary school which dealt with 2 men marrying.
The play was shown to children aged 8 and over.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/10/father-reported-for-homophobia-after-complaint-about-gay-play-at-sons-school-5745072/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Is this dad homophobic in your opinion? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this dad homophobic in your opinion?

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:27 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Yes they thought it was unsuitable because of their views on homosexuality.
I have posted numerous points which clearly indicate there can only be two reasons here for some of the parents being in my view silly.
As again what could have happened in the play that would be so wrong?
The only thing would be if they had sex on stage, which would be the same if it was a Prince and Princess.
This is the point you are missing rags, its not sexually acts but attraction, whether people are either heterosexual or homosexual.
So if no sexual acts were being taught in the play, then there is no reason for a parent to be up in arms. It would have to be a distinct hostility towards homosexuality attraction. As again, all this play showed was a fairy with two people in love.
Never claimed any crime had been committed but its evident the reason stems from homophobia, as again:

Why be up in arms over a kids play that has two people in love?

It's SYL not RAGS you are replying to.

Once more....unless anyone has knowledge of the plays content we are just surmising.

I dont think a play has to show graphic sex scenes (which obviously it did not) in order for it to be unsuitable for small kids. Perhaps for some the fact that men actually marry would be upsetting....it's a very new concept for everyone, gays included.

I dont think anyone can be upset about a kids play of two people in love, but obviously this dad (based on his sons reaction) thought the content was too adult for 8 to 11 year olds.

You both debate the same, easy mistake of which I already corrected and I am tired

Your point on the play is completely moot, based again on there being no difference between homosexual and heterosexual couples other than attraction. You are the one going off where a minor few complained and yet we do not see all parents up in arms, which is telling in itself.
Its not against the law to marry in this country for homosexuals. Its not a new concept for homosexuals, as homosexuals once could marry until the Roman catholic Church and Islam persecuted them. So its not new and even if new, how or on what level is that going to bother or even register in a child? Did you see any claims made over gay marriage in the article? Did he say his son was upset?
No.

So the only person who got upset, was the few parents who did not watch the play and thus then must have issues with homosexuality, as I have being stating throughout.. As here you now state through marriage, where you wrongly assumed its new for homosexuals.

Its not

Back to top Go down

Is this dad homophobic in your opinion? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this dad homophobic in your opinion?

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:32 pm

aspca4ever wrote:
1..He should have addressed the school first I agree, but it's a sign of the times that grievances are now played out on social media so everyone can get involved.
2..There was no parental form to sign on this occasion.
3...I know it was a play 4ever, but surely the people who booked it would have known that it could cause controversy and misunderstanding to some.
4...Dad may have over reacted, and I think his wording was a bit strong, but the part you highlight in red has no homophobic connotation to it.....he objected to the lesson because the kids are under 11....that's why he refers to depravity and paedophilia.
5....the US is him and a couple more parents initially , who quickly became a support group when it became public.
6...His point there was a tad excitable....but it's how he felt at the time.

Your last point....no doubt. Is this dad homophobic in your opinion? - Page 2 Icon_razz
TY for you mature conversation about this issue; the vibe around here has done a 360º turn around and it's really nice cheers

'MY' reaction to 'HIS' verbal social media post was --- WTH, sweet jesus dude; you just assassinated the entire school staff with that  I think people who promote PC sex to kids below 11 border on paedophilia and are depraved. written/poor choice of words.  

And I did re-read the link and article looking for any further hidden links that might take it back to a connection to the theater group that sent the actors over to the school.  Then I finally noticed that 2nd image that had the schools sign; LMAO, I had no idea that this was a Catholic School --- SHOCK & AWE

It would be a frigid day in hell if any Catholic School in America even allowed the 'PC' topic to be discussed let alone be portrayed as a 'Fairy Tale Skit' for a school assembly!  affraid  Parents would be showing up the next morning for a public dose of 'beat the teachers & hang the principal' --- absolutely shocked that this Catholic School in England was soooo forward thinking! 

I'd doubt that anything near a PC stick figure projected movie would be allowed to be shown to our Catholic schools --- the earth would open up and swallow the building! Is this dad homophobic in your opinion? - Page 2 3986371719

TY for saying TY for the mature level of conversation shown here 4ever....I agree, blimey even Didge hasn't stooped to calling me Pondlife yet, though the day is still early. Razz

Depraved and paedophilia are words designed to get a reaction.....obviously he objects to youngsters being shown (what to him) was an unsuitable play......but no child was molested, and I agree if I was a teacher or an actor in the play I would not take kindly to being branded with those words.

I think most Catholic schools are a mix of every faith now.....not many schools (that I know of) take in kids from just one religion anymore, even if they are still called Catholic or C of E etc.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:47 pm

On your point Syl in regards to admission to religious schools:

Are you facing the prospect of your child being unable to gain admittance to your local school, because of religious selection? Or have you had to game the system in order to get them in? Are you happy to live in a society in which children are discriminated against on these grounds, while parents feel compelled to behave in this manner?

This situation is clearly unfair, and that’s what we’re here to challenge. We are a new campaign that is supported by a wide coalition of individuals and national and local organisations, aiming to tackle the single issue of religious selection in school admissions

http://fairadmissions.org.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:06 pm

Didge wrote:On your point Syl in regards to admission to religious schools:

Are you facing the prospect of your child being unable to gain admittance to your local school, because of religious selection? Or have you had to game the system in order to get them in? Are you happy to live in a society in which children are discriminated against on these grounds, while parents feel compelled to behave in this manner?

This situation is clearly unfair, and that’s what we’re here to challenge. We are a new campaign that is supported by a wide coalition of individuals and national and local organisations, aiming to tackle the single issue of religious selection in school admissions

Do you actually know of any school that selects it's pupils on whether the parents are  willing to arrange flowers or do a bit of cleaning at the local church?.......No, neither do I. Razz

I said that the schools' I know of'.....take all faiths.... they include primary, secondary and further education facilities. I do live in Manchester which is a big cosmopolitan place, maybe smaller communities are different.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:30 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:On your point Syl in regards to admission to religious schools:

Do you actually know of any school that selects it's pupils on whether the parents are  willing to arrange flowers or do a bit of cleaning at the local church?.......No, neither do I. Razz

I said that the schools' I know of'.....take all faiths.... they include primary, secondary and further education facilities. I do live in Manchester which is a big cosmopolitan place, maybe smaller communities are different.

I never denied they take in all faiths, which again show you missed the point completely as religious schools do better than most because they can be selective based on religious grounds on picking the best students. So yeah they will allow in non-believers who's grades excel.
I guess you did not read the link
So its irrelevant if they take all faiths, which I doubt will be many, unless you have access to every students belief?
What is important is whether that selection was fare to start with
Religious schools also in many cases will teach a bias based on aspects of the faith.
Religious schools need to go and then have a even playing field throughout the country

Some more info for you

"Research has previously revealed that the London Oratory is one of the most socio-economically selective state secondary schools in the country, with just 6% of their pupils eligible for free school meals despite the fact that the average eligibility in the local area sits at 36%. The long-running legal dispute over the admission arrangements employed by the school finally came to an end over two and a half years after the BHA first objected to the arrangements. In 2014 the OSA found that the school’s admission policy was unlawful in more than 100 different ways, and the judgement in the High Court in April left the vast majority of the OSA’s findings upheld."

Regrettably, the Oratory is by no means the only school that has been failing to comply with the School Admissions Code to this extent. A report published by the FAC and BHA last year revealed that non-compliance was ‘near-universal’ among religiously selective schools, with violations ranging from not properly prioritising looked after and previously looked after children to directly discriminating on the basis of race and gender.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:48 pm

Stormee wrote:This is an interesting debate particularly with the absence of expletives and name calling, even Didge managed self control.  lol!  Did it hurt, Mate?????

My views are cast in concrete, I detest such activity as filthy, vile and do not believe this depravity should be taught, spoken about by teachers to our littlunz.

I doubt if any of us more senior posters had school teachers talking to us about this taboo, we learned as we grew up.

If parents wish for their littul treasures to be possibly indoctrinated with same sex goings on then they can do it themselves or agree for someone else to do so, not have it foisted upon them.

I do not know if he is homophobic or not, his stance is not.

So Stormee then, you must detest kissing, caressing, oral sex, anal sex, vaginal sex etc as these activities are sexual activities?
So is it all of them or some of them?
Which ones?
So are you then saying sex is filthy?
As millions of heterosexuals do all of the above list I gave you, homosexual men can do all bar vaginal sex and lesbians, all of the above.

If its not the sexual act that you dislike, then your views are formed around male on male attraction. I doubt you dislike female on female attraction, where many men love it. 

So whether you agree or not with same sex attraction, its legal.
Children need to learn and understand as much as possible that people have relationships and even if you dislike homosexuals. They are doing no harm to you, by being like any other heterosexual couple. Being in love

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:38 pm

Stormee wrote:This is an interesting debate particularly with the absence of expletives and name calling, even Didge managed self control.  lol!  Did it hurt, Mate?????

My views are cast in concrete, I detest such activity as filthy, vile and do not believe this depravity should be taught, spoken about by teachers to our littlunz.

I doubt if any of us more senior posters had school teachers talking to us about this taboo, we learned as we grew up.

If parents wish for their littul treasures to be possibly indoctrinated with same sex goings on then they can do it themselves or agree for someone else to do so, not have it foisted upon them.

I do not know if he is homophobic or not, his stance is not.

Why do people like you always assume homosexual relationships are all about sex?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:18 pm

What exactly about two men or two women getting married to you detest as vile or filthy Stormee?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2