NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Parents Stop Drinking? | Good Morning Britain

+3
eddie
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
7 posters

Go down

Should Parents Stop Drinking? | Good Morning Britain Empty Should Parents Stop Drinking? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:06 pm

Hollywood actress Anne Hathaway recently said in an interview with Lorraine that she has vowed to give up alcohol until her three-year-old son turns eighteen as she says drinking impacts time with her child. Vicki Psarias and Janey Lee Grace debate whether or not parents should stop drinking around their children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qDdeVyPwXE

Back to top Go down

Should Parents Stop Drinking? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Should Parents Stop Drinking? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:54 pm

I do wish these "celebs" would fuck off and shrivel up somewhere ELSE. We need a "health board" to protect the public from useless "junk opinions"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Should Parents Stop Drinking? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Should Parents Stop Drinking? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:33 pm

I think parents should drink more, if anything. Those dirty little ankle-biters would be impossible to cope with without alcohol.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:48 pm

ahhh ankle biters...you mean rug rats.....easy to clear....just buy a carpet python relieved
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:55 pm

Why should parents stop doing anything as long as it doesn’t interfere with a child? Surely when I child is in bed your time is your time?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:41 pm

Hell no.
One of our pleasures now that the juniors are old enough is to go out for a good meal and a few drinks. Plus they like to have a few beers with the old man after playing golf.

But we didn’t neglect them when we went out (not that often because the costs of babysitting) and maybe had a hangover the next day. One of us usually did not drink and we took it in turns. It’s called being sensible.

Seems to me she wants public congratulations on being “such a devoted mother”. Pfft.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:02 pm

"Should Parents Stop Drinking?"

Certainly not!! Should be compulsory. Laughing  A lil tipple or a glass of vino does no harm and it keeps parents sane.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:04 am

I cant stand Anne Hathaway, she is up there with Gwyneth Paltrow as being a really patronising woman.
Why dont these people just  stick to acting ?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:47 pm

Syl wrote:I cant stand Anne Hathaway, she is up there with Gwyneth Paltrow as being a really patronising woman.

Should doctors stick to medicine? Lawyers to trials? Carpenters to wood? Plumbers to pipes?

In a democracy, all people should have the freedom to express themselves. If you are jealous that her voice gets heard over others, well you must be livid when capitalists make more money than the next. That's open society.

I like Anne Hathaway. Her father is a successful lawyer in New York City. So maybe that's why she thinks about issues beyond acting, and speaks her thoughts now and then.

BTW...I also like Gwyneth Paltrow. She was excellent in The Talented Mr. Ridley.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:I cant stand Anne Hathaway, she is up there with Gwyneth Paltrow as being a really patronising woman.

Should doctors stick to medicine?  Lawyers to trials?  Carpenters to wood?  Plumbers to pipes?

In a democracy, all people should have the freedom to express themselves.  If you are jealous that her voice gets heard over others, well you must be livid when capitalists make more money than the next.  That's open society.

I like Anne Hathaway.  Her father is a successful lawyer in New York City.  So maybe that's why she thinks about issues beyond acting, and speaks her thoughts now and then.

BTW...I also like Gwyneth Paltrow.  She was excellent in The Talented Mr. Ridley.

Lol Quill, you often throw the jealousy card out when a woman criticises another woman.....I have noticed that before, it's a very weak response. Evil or Very Mad

I didnt say she or Paltrow couldn't act, they both can, and they can both sing very well too, it's the way they try to lord their personal opinions over everyone else that irritates.

They should stick to acting (imo) because sadly many people hang on to the every word of celebrity, so when they loudly broadcast their opinions, which are often bloody ridiculous anyway, their avid followers ...well...follow.
They get paid very well indeed to act, for that they should realise they have a responsibility to keep their silly sometimes dangerous opinions to themselves....no matter who their fathers are. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:26 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Should doctors stick to medicine?  Lawyers to trials?  Carpenters to wood?  Plumbers to pipes?

In a democracy, all people should have the freedom to express themselves.  If you are jealous that her voice gets heard over others, well you must be livid when capitalists make more money than the next.  That's open society.

I like Anne Hathaway.  Her father is a successful lawyer in New York City.  So maybe that's why she thinks about issues beyond acting, and speaks her thoughts now and then.

BTW...I also like Gwyneth Paltrow.  She was excellent in The Talented Mr. Ridley.

Lol Quill, you often throw the jealousy card out when a woman criticises another woman.....I have noticed that before, it's a very weak response.  Evil or Very Mad

I didnt say she or Paltrow couldn't act, they both can, and they can both sing very well too, it's the way they try to lord their personal opinions over everyone else that irritates.

That's what I was responding to.

Syl wrote:They should stick to acting (imo) because sadly many people hang on to the every word of celebrity, so when they loudly broadcast their opinions, which are often bloody ridiculous anyway, their avid followers ...well...follow.
They get paid very well indeed to act, for that they should realise they have a responsibility to keep their silly sometimes dangerous opinions to themselves....no matter who their fathers are. Wink

You return to the same argument: they are not entitled to an opinion, because they are well paid actors. That doesn't flow, for me. They are as entitled to their opinions as you are to yours, regardless of their economic pursuits. In a democracy, everyone is entitled to speak up.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Lol Quill, you often throw the jealousy card out when a woman criticises another woman.....I have noticed that before, it's a very weak response.  Evil or Very Mad

Syl wrote:They should stick to acting (imo) because sadly many people hang on to the every word of celebrity, so when they loudly broadcast their opinions, which are often bloody ridiculous anyway, their avid followers ...well...follow.

You return to the same argument: they are not entitled to an opinion, because they are well paid actors.  That doesn't flow, for me.  They are as entitled to their opinions as you are to yours, regardless of their economic pursuits.  In a democracy, everyone is entitled to speak up.

Having opinions, and as you say we are all entitled to have them, is different to giving interviews and appearing on TV, writing columns and books, and generally preaching to the rest of society how to best live your life.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:29 pm

Henry Ford should have stuck to making cars rather than supporting the Nazis; Trump should have stuck to being a real estate con man and reality TV celebrity; and many, many many actors should have stuck to acting and never sung -- the same with singers who try to act.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:33 pm

The problem with celebrities like Paltrow and Hathaway is that they shill for a lifestyle only people like them could ever have. There are dozens of articles detailing what happened when people tried to follow Paltrow's advice on diet, exercise, sleeping, etc. and most are hilarious.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:49 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:The problem with celebrities like Paltrow and Hathaway is that they shill for a lifestyle only people like them could ever have. There are dozens of articles detailing what happened when people tried to follow Paltrow's advice on diet, exercise, sleeping, etc. and most are hilarious.

Some have even been harmed physically by following gloop, aptly named I might add.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:20 pm

Cass wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:The problem with celebrities like Paltrow and Hathaway is that they shill for a lifestyle only people like them could ever have. There are dozens of articles detailing what happened when people tried to follow Paltrow's advice on diet, exercise, sleeping, etc. and most are hilarious.

Some have even been harmed physically by following gloop, aptly named I might add.

Exactly, I dont read Paltrows words of wisdom and recommendations for this and that, but her avid followers do and they try to emulate her so called lifestyle, which is all smoke and mirrors anyway.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:23 pm

Cass wrote:

Exactly, I dont read Paltrows words of wisdom and recommendations for this and that, but her avid followers do and they try to emulate her so called lifestyle, which is all smoke and mirrors anyway.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You return to the same argument: they are not entitled to an opinion, because they are well paid actors.  That doesn't flow, for me.  They are as entitled to their opinions as you are to yours, regardless of their economic pursuits.  In a democracy, everyone is entitled to speak up.

Having opinions, and as you say we are all entitled to have them, is different to giving interviews and appearing on TV, writing columns and books, and generally preaching to the rest of society how to best live your life.

Oh...so your complaint is with the press, or whoever gives the stars the attention ...after all, the stars are just speaking their mind and expressing their opinions.

Well, in this country we've got the First Amendment to the US Constitution, and freedom of speech/press, so you can't sell that here.  But maybe in the UK things are different.  The answer is simple...don't allow them to publish such articles.

I don't know why y'all let those tabloids get inked, anyway.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down