NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas teen arrested after her dead baby is found buried in a flowerpot

+4
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
eddie
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Texas teen arrested after her dead baby is found buried in a flowerpot - Page 2 Empty Texas teen arrested after her dead baby is found buried in a flowerpot

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

A teen smothered her newborn baby in February with a shirt as the infant was about to cry for the first time and later buried the child in a flowerpot, according to police and court documents.

At first, the flowerpot was left in a car overnight before the 18-year-old from Dallas and a friend took the flowerpot to a Carrollton cemetery and left it there, according to arrest warrant obtained by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on Wednesday.

Last month, an employee at the cemetery found the baby buried in the flowerpot.

Authorities arrested Jazmin Lopez of Dallas on Tuesday without incident.

Lopez was in the Denton County Jail on Wednesday in lieu of $500,000 bail. The teen is expected to be charged with capital murder, Carrollton police said.

Her juvenile friend had not been arrested as of Wednesday, but the investigation continued, said Carrollton police spokeswoman Jolene DeVito in a Wednesday telephone interview.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/article229374349.html

One of those stories so horrific, I just had to spread the word. Sorry.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Texas teen arrested after her dead baby is found buried in a flowerpot - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas teen arrested after her dead baby is found buried in a flowerpot

Post by Cass Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:05 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Are you making this up as you go along, Redneck?  This is a southerner trying to cerebralize.  They don't get to far before the red light goes on.

Allow me to jump back in. Was the German culture to blame for Hitler or was it victimized by Hitler?

The answer to your question is both.

The militarized historical background of Germany, especially since the time of Frederick the Great’s father (you could stretch it to grandfather) and the rise of Prussia brought along a type of mindset that was used to totalitarian authority. Bismarck and the Junkers exploited that more. Then the schizophrenic Wilhelm II sealed it. Weimar was an atypical era. The direct impact of the Allies terms and reparations after WW1 made it easy for Hitler to come to power. Also the fact that he was a charismatic leader who for once was claiming to be on the side of the common people.

He then went on to victimize a few sections of German society by playing up on the fears of the others in society. Stalin was the exact same way. Divide and conquer has been the only winning game plan since the first humans. Might equals right.

Last edited by Cass on Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Texas teen arrested after her dead baby is found buried in a flowerpot - Page 2 Empty Re: Texas teen arrested after her dead baby is found buried in a flowerpot

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:48 pm

Cass wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Allow me to jump back in. Was the German culture to blame for Hitler or was it victimized by Hitler?

The militarized historical background of Germany, especially since the time of Frederick the Great’s father (you could stretch it to grandfather) and the rise of Prussia brought along a type of mindset that was used to totalitarian authority. Bismarck and the Junkers exploited that more. Then the schizophrenic Wilhelm II sealed it. Weimar was an atypical era. The direct impact of the Allies terms and reparations after WW1 made it east for Hitler to celebrate me to power. Also the fact that he was a charismatic leader who for once was claiming to be on the side of the common people.

He then went on to victimize a few sections of German society by playing up on the fears of the others in society. Stalin was the exact same way. Divide and conquer has been the only winning game plan since the first humans. Might equals right.

Great post and lets not forget. That it was within the time frame of German obtaining her overseas colonies. That we see the first death camp. With Shark island within Namibia. The Herero and Nama were butchered by the Germans within Concentration and the first real death camp. Of Course the first concentration camp was devised in Cuba and then later saw the British use in Soputh Africa. The Pan Germanic league was formed around this time, that advocated leiberstraum and racial superiority. You had the influence of lutheranism, for centuries which was very much antisemitic in its view points.

So I agree the culture for the time very much played a part as well Hitler victimizing Germany.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:36 pm

phildidge wrote:
Cass wrote:

The militarized historical background of Germany, especially since the time of Frederick the Great’s father (you could stretch it to grandfather) and the rise of Prussia brought along a type of mindset that was used to totalitarian authority. Bismarck and the Junkers exploited that more. Then the schizophrenic Wilhelm II sealed it. Weimar was an atypical era. The direct impact of the Allies terms and reparations after WW1 made it east for Hitler to celebrate me to power. Also the fact that he was a charismatic leader who for once was claiming to be on the side of the common people.

Great post and lets not forget. That it was within the time frame of German obtaining her overseas colonies. That we see the first death camp. With Shark island within Namibia. The Herero and Nama were butchered by the Germans within Concentration and the first real death camp. Of Course the first concentration camp was devised in Cuba and then later saw the British use in Soputh Africa. The Pan Germanic league was formed around this time, that advocated leiberstraum and racial superiority. You had the influence of lutheranism, for centuries which was very much antisemitic in its view points.

So I agree the culture for the time very much played a part as well Hitler victimizing Germany.

Absolutely Luther has a lot to answer for. The anti-semistism was prevalent in German society not just in churches but in writings (Houston Stewart Chamberlin), Music (Wagner) etc...in the 1800s it came very much to the forefront. Even for the “nice” Germans there was an inherent and latent anti-semitism which just reinforced society’s views of others who were not “Germanic Arayan” and would never be allowed to be no matter how many generations had been assimilated. I mean look at Isabella of Castile and how the conversos were persecuted by Torquemada under her approval.

To pretend that racism isn’t a part of any nationality or geographic area is disingenuous.

Anyway this is so far off of the original post. So apologies to the OP.

Let’s hope the girl gets the help that she obviously needs.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Are you asking if Jews were not members of Nazi German society?

Yes they were.  But they were the victims of the brutality.  What condemns a society is its willingness to allow this sort of thing to happen systematically.

So do you have problems with Germans or just Nazis?

Jesus Christ, I get so fookin' tired of explaining this.

I have a problem with cultures...especially those who victimize and dehumanize without cause.  Present day Germany is not associated with Nazis.

You’ve only named one culture. I’ve asked you a few times.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:53 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Jesus Christ, I get so fookin' tired of explaining this.

I have a problem with cultures...especially those who victimize and dehumanize without cause.  Present day Germany is not associated with Nazis.

You’ve only named one culture. I’ve asked you a few times.

While I was describing origins of a culture, you asked me for AN example. Do you really want to turn this into a numbers game? Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, are all examples I have discussed.

But really, who cares? If it's just a numbers game for you, then we are not communicating; I am not collecting cultures, but focusing on one in particular. Every culture is different.

You look to the longitudinal. or historical themes that shape the culture to understand it...the values, beliefs and symbols. Sociology is a quest to understand patterns of behavior found in other disciplines, and particularly economics.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:03 pm

No, I wanted you to tell me which cultures rubbed you up the wrong way. Are you just talking history? And do you mean a whole culture?
I was curious. It wasn’t a “number game”. I don’t play games, Quill.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:27 pm

eddie wrote:No, I wanted you to tell me which cultures rubbed you up the wrong way. Are you just talking history? And do you mean a whole culture?

When I was teaching at Rutgers I had a student who used to draw free-form lateral lines depicting themes, growing thicker or thinner depending on how significant he felt the theme was to the subject.  Like for the south, he might draw, in importance: guns, race, small towns, or organizations like Southern League, abortion, states rights, civil rights or social conservatism.  See, Politics of the Southern United States.  Like this, only the lines would thicken and thin:

Texas teen arrested after her dead baby is found buried in a flowerpot - Page 2 LabeledChart

My criticism of his methodology was that he had no basis, quantitative or otherwise, by which to validate or actualize it.  But even intuitively, he was pretty true to what was going on.

I can't get his depiction out of my mind, and that's the one I imagine when describing a culture.  Donno if that helps you know where I'm coming from.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:42 pm

Kind of. Thanks. It’s an interesting graph as far as graphs go.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:24 pm

eddie wrote:No, I wanted you to tell me which cultures rubbed you up the wrong way. Are you just talking history? And do you mean a whole culture?
I'm pretty sure he caught a Texan fucking his wife in a manner he was incapable of.  He's never gotten over it.   Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:29 pm

Maddog wrote:I'm pretty sure he caught a Texan fucking his wife in a manner he was incapable of.  He's never gotten over it.   Cool

Southerners! If they're not thinking about sex, they're thinking about violence.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2