NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russian belly dancer is jailed for a year for 'inciting debauchery' in Egypt after she was filmed performing in a nightclub on a Nile boat

3 posters

Go down

Russian belly dancer is jailed for a year for 'inciting debauchery' in Egypt after she was filmed performing in a nightclub on a Nile boat Empty Russian belly dancer is jailed for a year for 'inciting debauchery' in Egypt after she was filmed performing in a nightclub on a Nile boat

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:33 pm

sentenced to a year in an Egyptian jail for 'inciting debauchery'.

Ekaterina Andreeva, who went by the stage name Johara, meaning Jewel, was sentenced at Giza Misdemeanours Court on Wednesday after authorities said she had been dancing without underwear on and working without a licence.

It comes a year after Andreeva was arrested following a viral clip of her provocatively dancing on a boat on the Nile wearing a low-cut backless dress split up one side.

The footage was not taken lightly by police and they detained her on suspicion of inciting young people to disobedience and immorality.

She is expected to appeal her sentence but the dancer is yet to issue a statement, the Egypt Independent reported.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6916277/Russian-belly-dancer-jailed-year-Egypt-filmed-dancing-nightclub.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Russian belly dancer is jailed for a year for 'inciting debauchery' in Egypt after she was filmed performing in a nightclub on a Nile boat Empty Re: Russian belly dancer is jailed for a year for 'inciting debauchery' in Egypt after she was filmed performing in a nightclub on a Nile boat

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:34 pm

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Russian belly dancer is jailed for a year for 'inciting debauchery' in Egypt after she was filmed performing in a nightclub on a Nile boat Empty Re: Russian belly dancer is jailed for a year for 'inciting debauchery' in Egypt after she was filmed performing in a nightclub on a Nile boat

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:35 pm

The second footage is better, and shows off her skills in a much better light. But the dance scene out there has become less and less favourable for dancers. A lot of Russian girls go out there to work, and the Golden Age of belly dance has truly gone.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:07 am

I watched both video's and to me she looked like a skilled belly dancer.
Obviously she looked provocative, she also looks beautiful ...in fact, everything a belly dancer should be.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Belly dancing is also a form of exercise, and it has gained respectability as such in America. Gone are the days when it was considered merely sexually provocative...or naughty.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:Belly dancing is also a form of exercise, and it has gained respectability as such in America.  Gone are the days when it was considered merely sexually provocative...or naughty.

HT was a pro belly dancer Quill, she looked absolutely beautiful in her traditional costumes.
She is probably too modest to mention this herself.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:Belly dancing is also a form of exercise, and it has gained respectability as such in America.  Gone are the days when it was considered merely sexually provocative...or naughty.

Yeah, I worked here  in the UK once with the Bellydance Superstars managed by Miles Copeland.   The Americans love it, but their style is very 'western'.   I used to get mistaken for a Middle Eastern woman all the time because apparently, according to the Arabs, I danced with 'no accent'.  "Are you Egyptian?  Are you Iranian?"   "No, I'm from Manchester!"
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Syl wrote:

HT was a pro belly dancer Quill, she looked absolutely beautiful in her traditional costumes.

I made most of my own costumes. The Egyptian bras were like concrete!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:31 pm

It takes years to train to get to good level. The level of muscle isolation is phenomenal. It is, believe it or not, when done properly, highly skilled. Turkish belly dance is the one that is often confused with Egyptian dance. It's more provocative and costumes are skimpier. I retired about ten years ago, but my body still remembers all the moves.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:34 pm

Syl wrote:

I took some awful stick for years from certain forum people over this. How I was a fantasist and a fake dancer. My own fault for letting slip. It's not exactly a normal job.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:51 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

It takes years to train to get to good level.  The level of muscle isolation is phenomenal.   It is, believe it or not, when done properly, highly skilled.  Turkish belly dance is the one that is often confused with Egyptian dance.  It's more provocative and costumes are skimpier.  I retired about ten years ago, but my body still remembers all the moves.

I do hope you're keeping up with it, if only on a no-longer professional basis. It is wonderful exercise...keeps one in top form.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It takes years to train to get to good level.  The level of muscle isolation is phenomenal.   It is, believe it or not, when done properly, highly skilled.  Turkish belly dance is the one that is often confused with Egyptian dance.  It's more provocative and costumes are skimpier.  I retired about ten years ago, but my body still remembers all the moves.

I do hope you're keeping up with it, if only on a no-longer professional basis.  It is wonderful exercise...keeps one in top form.

No. Been there, done it, had the tee shirt. I did it for about 16 years, and taught several classes a week. I've done TV and stage. Danced at massive Arab weddings. Yeah, kept me fit as fiddle but I got a knee injury after years of hammering my knees and got bored with it. It wasn't a hobby for me. It was my job. And like all jobs, they lose their shine after a while.

just as an aside, not once in all my dance career did one single Middle Eastern person accuse me of cultural appropriation. They loved to see westerners dance and were always enthusiastically supportive. I had a wonderful time. I met some amazing people.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:51 pm

You posted some pics of the costumes you decorated yourself once, they were really beautiful.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:17 pm

HT wrote:just as an aside, not once in all my dance career did one single Middle Eastern person accuse me of cultural appropriation. They loved to see westerners dance and were always enthusiastically supportive. I had a wonderful time. I met some amazing people.

I'm sure they considered it as a form of flattery. Indeed, it is a tip of the hat to their culture.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Syl wrote:You posted some pics of the costumes you decorated yourself once, they were really beautiful.

Yes, every one hand sewn. I loved them. I sold most of them. I Had one that weighed in at about 12 lbs. Talk about weight resistance.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HT wrote:just as an aside, not once in all my dance career did one single Middle Eastern person accuse me of cultural appropriation. They loved to see westerners dance and were always enthusiastically supportive. I had a wonderful time. I met some amazing people.

I'm sure they considered it as a form of flattery.  Indeed, it is a tip of the hat to their culture.

That such a beautiful and naturally sensual dance should come out of a culture that inhibits the public sexuality of their women, yes. Cairo used to be more easy going than it is now, with regards to this but a dancer had to cover her tummy with a mesh fishnet cover or risk arrest. Those that flouted that were the wealthy and successful ones but they still go into trouble.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down