NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunman kills many on New Year's Eve in Istanbul nightclub

+5
Original Quill
Syl
Raggamuffin
HoratioTarr
nicko
9 posters

Go down

Gunman kills many on New Year's Eve in Istanbul nightclub  Empty Gunman kills many on New Year's Eve in Istanbul nightclub

Post by nicko Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:06 am

An attack by Muslim Nutters have resulted in the deaths of dozens in Istanbul.

Last edited by eddie on Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : THREAD title)
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Gunman kills many on New Year's Eve in Istanbul nightclub  Empty Re: Gunman kills many on New Year's Eve in Istanbul nightclub

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:42 pm

nicko wrote:An attack by Muslim Nutters have resulted in the deaths of dozens in Istanbul.

You know you're supposed to provide a link

Here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4079112/Many-wounded-New-Year-s-Eve-gun-attack-Istanbul-nightclub.html

The Turkish president has denounced a 'brutal and merciless' terror attack that killed 39 people during New Year's Eve celebrations at an Istanbul nightclub calling it an 'attempt to destabilise the country'.
Turkish police are hunting for a gunman dressed as Santa Claus who opened fire at the Reina nightclub in Istanbul's Ortaköy district sending terrified revellers diving into the Bosphorus River for cover.
A further 69 people are thought to have been wounded in the attack, which happened in the early hours of this morning.
Fifteen of the casualties are believed to be foreign nationals, including one Israeli woman and people from Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Lebanon and Libya.
The gunman was described as raining down 'a hail of bullets' on the New Year revellers.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Gunman kills many on New Year's Eve in Istanbul nightclub  Empty Re: Gunman kills many on New Year's Eve in Istanbul nightclub

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:54 pm

How awful. Nobody knows these days when the next attack is going to happen, or where it will happen. I suppose it's not like planning a bombing attack which the authorities may or may not intercept beforehand. Someone can just go and shoot a load of people, or drive a lorry down a road and kill people that way without much in the way of mass planning beforehand.

They think it's ISIS again don't they?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:58 pm

RIP all the innocents.....what a way to start a New Year....so many ruined lives.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:46 pm

CCTV footage allegedly shows that he was wearing black when he was outside, but inside the club he was wearing different clothes, and a Santa hat. He apparently stopped to change his clothes when he was in the club.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/31/istanbul-attack-gunmen-dressed-santa-open-fire-nightclub-turkey/

No offence to Nicko, but could the thread title be changed a bit to make it more clear what it's about?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Deplorable...rather like us in Iraq.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:07 pm

Sorry about the lack of a link, it was about 5. 40 am when I just caught it on Sky News, i'd just got up and didn't know if I was coming or going !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:08 pm

PS, i'v got vertigo so I still don't !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:20 pm

you dont live in kent do you Nicko...

cos.........

their was a young man from kent
whos tool was exceedingly bent
so to save himself trouble
he bent it double
and instead of comming...he went
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Syl wrote:RIP all the innocents.....what a way to start a New Year....so many ruined lives.

Isn't it absolutely horrendous Sad
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Syl wrote:RIP all the innocents.....what a way to start a New Year....so many ruined lives.

Isn't it absolutely horrendous Sad

Some things are just too horrible to comprehend, all the sadness and pain, and for what. Sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:45 pm

one has to wonder whats going through the minds of those who carry out these foul attacks..... No
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:50 pm

Lord Foul wrote:one has to wonder whats going through the minds of those who carry out these foul attacks..... No

Indeed
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Ta for changing the thread title eddie.

The gunman is still at large, but it's not clear if he acted alone or if there were others. He shot a police officer and a civilian outside before he went in and went on the rampage.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:51 pm

So... isis have claimed it was one of them who did it... and most of vast majority of victims were not Turkish... and I suspect not Muslim either... or if they were they deserved it for being in a club with alcohol and Christmas trees all about...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:08 pm

ISIL has said they chose the target advisedly, because (1) it is a venue where a lot of foreigners frequent; and (2) it was timed to synchronize with a Christian-affiliated celebration (New Year).  They say they chose Turkey in particular, because...

Reuters News Service quoting wrote:"The apostate Turkish government should know that the blood of Muslims shed with airplanes and artillery fire will, with God's permission, ignite a fire in their own land,"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/01/02/istanbul-turkey-nightclub-attack/96077880/ see also, ABC News, Good Morning America (1.2.17).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:02 pm

I have to say that I never thought of New Year as a Christian celebration, but there seems no doubt that Christians were the target of this terrorist attack.

The Islamic State asserted in a statement that the attack had been carried out “in continuation of the blessed operations that the Islamic State is conducting against Turkey, the protector of the cross.”

“A hero soldier of the caliphate attacked one of the most famous nightclubs, where Christians celebrated their pagan holiday,” read the statement from the Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/02/world/europe/istanbul-nightclub-attack.html?_r=0
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I have to say that I never thought of New Year as a Christian celebration, but there seems no doubt that Christians were the target of this terrorist attack.

The Islamic State asserted in a statement that the attack had been carried out “in continuation of the blessed operations that the Islamic State is conducting against Turkey, the protector of the cross.”

“A hero soldier of the caliphate attacked one of the most famous nightclubs, where Christians celebrated their pagan holiday,” read the statement from the Islamic State, also known as ISIS or ISIL.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/02/world/europe/istanbul-nightclub-attack.html?_r=0

Have you never heard of the 12 days of Christmas and the epiphany (Jan 6th)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I have to say that I never thought of New Year as a Christian celebration, but there seems no doubt that Christians were the target of this terrorist attack.

Yes... Christians, other non Muslims targeted... and any Muslims there were 'not proper Muslims' so valid targets too I suppose...

But the media have not portrayed this aspect at all...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Yes... Christians, other non Muslims targeted... and any Muslims there were 'not proper Muslims' so valid targets too I suppose...

Is there a statement from ISIS to that effect?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

What does it matter whether ISIS claim that

As who is the authority to claim who is a Muslim or not?

I am sure you would hate for me to claim you are not a Christian, based solely on perception of he way you do not act Christian would you not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

That bit was my supposition...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

OK. I don't think it's the case really. The statement made it clear that Christians were targeted, and that Turkey is a defender of Christianity.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

OK. I don't think it's the case really. The statement made it clear that Christians were targeted, and that Turkey is a defender of Christianity.

Really?

At least two dozen of the people killed were said to be foreigners. Most of the victims were from countries with Muslim-majority populations.
According to news reports and government statements, the dead included citizens of Belgium, Canada, France, India, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Russia, Saudi Arabia and Tunisia.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/01/world/europe/istanbul-attack-victims-abis-rizvi.html?_r=0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down