NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman.

+4
Original Quill
Vintage
HoratioTarr
Syl
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman. - Page 2 Empty Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman.

Post by Syl Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

What is wrong with these women? She was happily married, not some lonely old widow woman looking for love.
Her husband is standing by her.

Stupid cow. Rolling Eyes

"A married mum had to confess all to her gobsmacked husband when her Instagram sex scammer blackmailed her over naked selfies.
Lonely and depressed Gail Astin, 44, fell for a conman posing as a 55-year-old hard-up widower from Texas.
The pair exchanged thousands of WhatsApp messages, emails and phone calls over four months.
Swept off her feet, Gail even sent him naked selfies behind her husband Simon’s back and secretly loaned him £5,500 by maxing out two credit cards.
But when the conman called David asked for even more money and she refused to send it, he tried to blackmail £2,000 out of her in a terrifying series of messages. He told her: “Do not f*** with me… You will listen to what I have to say
and you will listen good. You have one hour. Get the cops involved and everyone will know.”

A sobbing Gail felt suicidal – but took the right way out. She called police and then plucked up the courage to tell her husband of 16 years Simon.

And, astonishingly, he forgave her. ."

Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman. - Page 2 2_gail10

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/married-mum-blackmailed-instagram-scammer-14177040
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman. - Page 2 Empty Re: Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman.

Post by Syl Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Didge...Stop trying to preach to the women on the forum on how to address certain subjects.

You are one of the most abusive people on here towards women....you are showing yourself up to be a ridiculous hypocrite.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman. - Page 2 Empty Re: Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman.

Post by Syl Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:08 pm

As for women being harder on other women than men are, maybe that's because we dont have a penis to make those decisions for us.

We can be and often are, just as blunt about men if they are acting like arseholes.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:19 pm

Syl wrote:Didge...Stop trying to preach to the women on the forum on how to address certain subjects.

You are one of the most abusive people on here towards women....you are showing yourself up to be a ridiculous hypocrite.

Its called a debate, so stick to the debate and stop trying to distract

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:22 pm

Syl wrote:As for women being harder on other women than men are, maybe that's because we dont have a penis to make those decisions for us.

We can be and often are, just as blunt about men if they are acting like arseholes.

Oh I see, so its mens fault for why a number of women are simple meaner and judgemental towards other women?

Oooookay, I suspect, if you think like a penis. No wonder you are struggling to understand. Maybe this is true, when you get a bloodrush and be so absuive towards the woman as we see here

There is plenty of psychological views around why women are at times meaner/judgemental to other women

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:01 pm

Well, Didge if you did get my points you didn't actually address them, it certainly looked as though you got the wrong end of the stick.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:21 pm

phildidge wrote:
Syl wrote:Didge...Stop trying to preach to the women on the forum on how to address certain subjects.

Its called a debate, so stick to the debate and stop  trying to distract

Thanks

You have personally criticised me and other women on here from your first post in the thread.

Own the hypocrite badge again. Twisted Evil

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:28 pm

phildidge wrote:
Syl wrote:As for women being harder on other women than men are, maybe that's because we dont have a penis to make those decisions for us.

Oh I see, so its mens fault for why a number of women are simple meaner and judgemental towards other women?

Oooookay, I suspect, if you think like a penis. No wonder you are struggling to understand. Maybe this is true, when you get a bloodrush and be so absuive towards the woman as we see here

There is plenty of psychological views around why women are at times meaner/judgemental to other women

I have exactly the same opinion about this woman that I would have about any man if he was the one desperately trying to forge online sexual relationships with total strangers behind his wifes back

Which makes every post you have addressed to me in this thread pointless.

Over and out.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Syl wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Its called a debate, so stick to the debate and stop  trying to distract

Thanks

You have personally criticised me and other women on here from your first post in the thread.

Own the hypocrite badge again.   Twisted Evil

I have been in general critical of the bitchy nature of some women, and you happen to be one of the worst

I just think some of you women feel more empowered when you can be abusive to people, who have no ability to read your views

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Syl wrote:
Cass wrote:I’ve literally had to stop people using the library computers for all types of scams; lottery, FBI/IRS warrants, lonely men and women, elderly people thinking they are helping their grandchildren in prison in Mexico etc...I’ve shown them debunking sites, brought up news reports of similar scams, even got the sheriff’s department on the phone to say you can’t pay warrants with Visa gift cards. A good percentage do not believe me and do it anyway. When they want my help I now tell them I won’t help them so anything fake or illegal and then they get mad at me. I’ve tried using my best librarian superpowers but to no avail.

It gets to the point where you stop feeling sorry for them.

There is no accounting for the lack of common sense in some people, and you have seen this first hand.

I have sympathy for older people who think they are helping out family in some way if they send money, con tricksters get more and more believable, and if you are not computer savvy I can see how some people could be fooled.

But so called 'happily married' women like the one in the OP, just looking for thrills and attention, I have no sympathy for them if/when they get used and conned....serves them right.

Syl it gets downright disheartening and disappointing especially with the older folks. I have done multiple in library displays on scams, posted information on the library social media pages, I have given them the library phone to call their families to check, but some just won’t listen. There’s nothing more I can do. I would love to contact their families to let them know it’s going on but I can’t as that would be breaching patron privacy unless it’s a matter of life or death. Sigh.

I belong to a couple of British living in America expat sites and there was this one woman in Sheffield who was having an online relationship with “an American special forces soldier”. She was sending him money and all sorts. I tried to tell her as the wife iof a soldier that it was completely bogus but she wouldn’t listen. She was a retired high up UK civil servant for god’s sake!  Needless to say she soon disappeared from that group.

I suppose when you’re lonely and depressed and worthless and unloved you grab for any sign of affection like a drowning person grabs onto a life preserver. I get that. I truly do. But to then go to the papers and try to make money out of it or get your 15 minutes of fame when you get caught out? Yeah no sympathy.

Way back on the old Sky boards there was this one guy (married of course) who tried it on with me. I knew immediately what he was doing so I totally played along. The private messages and pictures and texts made me scream with laughter. He was also doing it simultaneously to a lovely married woman from Glasgow (can’t remember for the life of me her name, but she was in a not good marriage so fell for it). When I saw a few give away flirty posts on the open forum, I immediately privately messaged her to warn her. She was devastated. We ended up texting him a joint message and he soon ran (god I wish I could remember his name too). I felt so sorry for her. I sadly think she fell for another one and by that time I was getting ready to move over here so was not on the forum for quite some time, but I do know that my sympathy for her disappeared. I always wondered if she did leave her marriage and find happiness. And this was back in 2008.

Anyway sorry to bother you with long convoluted post. Waiting for some home made shrimp dumplings to freeze slightly so I can put them into bags and freeze properly for when I have a craving dumpling emergency. Which happens on a quite frequent basis. Weird lol!
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Syl wrote:
phildidge wrote:

I have exactly the same opinion about this woman that I would have about any man if he was the one desperately trying to forge online sexual relationships with total strangers behind his wifes back

Which makes every post you have addressed to me in this thread pointless.

Over and out.

Is that why alongside sexy, neither of you made abusive views towards the conman and only this woman?

So clearly you do not hold the same opinions and again I think you clearly hold the view to cheat with love, higher than the cheating of a con person.

You see this is what it really is about for some people. The reality is, some of you think your shit smells better than most and love telling the world this

So its not pointless at all, as where is the comparative abusive comments you made in regards to the conman?

You see Syl, its very easy to expose the bitchy and quite nasty nature of some of you women

Some of you are basically letting go by the actions of the conman and taking your venom out only on the woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:13 pm

Cass wrote:
Syl wrote:

There is no accounting for the lack of common sense in some people, and you have seen this first hand.

I have sympathy for older people who think they are helping out family in some way if they send money, con tricksters get more and more believable, and if you are not computer savvy I can see how some people could be fooled.

But so called 'happily married' women like the one in the OP, just looking for thrills and attention, I have no sympathy for them if/when they get used and conned....serves them right.

Syl it gets downright disheartening and disappointing especially with the older folks. I have done multiple in library displays on scams, posted information on the library social media pages, I have given them the library phone to call their families to check, but some just won’t listen. There’s nothing more I can do. I would love to contact their families to let them know it’s going on but I can’t as that would be breaching patron privacy unless it’s a matter of life or death. Sigh.

I belong to a couple of British living in America expat sites and there was this one woman in Sheffield who was having an online relationship with “an American special forces soldier”. She was sending him money and all sorts. I tried to tell her as the wife iof a soldier that it was completely bogus but she wouldn’t listen. She was a retired high up UK civil servant for god’s sake!  Needless to say she soon disappeared from that group.

I suppose when you’re lonely and depressed and worthless and unloved you grab for any sign of affection like a drowning person grabs onto a life preserver. I get that. I truly do. But to then go to the papers and try to make money out of it or get your 15 minutes of fame when you get caught out? Yeah no sympathy.

Way back on the old Sky boards there was this one guy (married of course) who tried it on with me. I knew immediately what he was doing so I totally played along. The private messages and pictures and texts made me scream with laughter. He was also doing it simultaneously to a lovely married woman from Glasgow (can’t remember for the life of me her name, but she was in a not good marriage so fell for it). When I saw a few give away flirty posts on the open forum, I immediately privately messaged her to warn her. She was devastated. We ended up texting him a joint message and he soon ran (god I wish I could remember his name too). I felt so sorry for her. I sadly think she fell for another one and by that time I was getting ready to move over here so was not on the forum for quite some time, but I do know that my sympathy for her disappeared. I always wondered if she did leave her marriage and find happiness. And this was back in 2008.

Anyway sorry to bother you with long convoluted post. Waiting for some home made shrimp dumplings to freeze slightly so I can put them into bags and freeze properly for when I have a craving dumpling emergency. Which happens on a quite frequent basis. Weird lol!

Oooh shrimp dumplings, they sound very tasty, I (and Maddog if I recall) used to love the pics you posted of the meals you had prepared. Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman. - Page 2 3922118137

Never apologise for the long posts, they are really interesting, you have dealt first hand with the gullible, I only know of one, an ex friend, who was badly conned by a would be suitor online. She was widowed, so the only person that got hurt was herself, and I had a lot of sympathy for her at the time. .
I would get so frustrated if I was you, seeing it over and over again. Some people (like OP) deserve what they get, but others, the lonely, the old and vulnerable, certainly dont....con men/women dont differentiate though do they. No
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:34 pm

Syl wrote:
Cass wrote:

Oooh shrimp dumplings, they sound very tasty, I (and Maddog if I recall) used to love the pics you posted of the meals you had prepared. Yet another gullible woman fooled by online conman. - Page 2 3922118137

Never apologise for the long posts, they are really interesting, you have dealt first hand with the gullible, I only know of one, an ex friend, who was badly conned by a would be suitor online. She was widowed, so the only person that got hurt was herself, and I had a lot of sympathy for her at the time. .
I would get so frustrated if I was you, seeing it over and over again. Some people (like OP) deserve what they get, but others, the lonely, the old and vulnerable, certainly dont....con men/women dont differentiate though do they. No

I have got LOTS of photos of the stuff I have cooked in my absence so I’ll try and see if I can remember how to do it without blowing up the screen lol
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2