NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Drivers DON'T Concentrate on the Road While Driving !

5 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

British Drivers DON'T Concentrate on the Road While Driving ! Empty Re: British Drivers DON'T Concentrate on the Road While Driving !

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:39 pm

I would propose the same rules for the U.S.; seeing someone whip past your car in excess of 70 mph staring at a smartphone screen is fairly heart-attack inducing ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

British Drivers DON'T Concentrate on the Road While Driving ! Empty Re: British Drivers DON'T Concentrate on the Road While Driving !

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:41 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I would propose the same rules for the U.S.; seeing someone whip past your car in excess of 70 mph staring at a smartphone screen is fairly heart-attack inducing ...

Is using a phone while driving illegal in the USA? it is here. they have gotten really strict on it in the past 12 months
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:20 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I would propose the same rules for the U.S.; seeing someone whip past your car in excess of 70 mph staring at a smartphone screen is fairly heart-attack inducing ...

Is using a phone while driving illegal in the USA? it is here. they have gotten really strict on it in the past 12 months

It is, people pay no attention however. I feel like I take my life into my own hands every time I get on the roads ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

It is, people pay no attention however. I feel like I take my life into my own hands every time I get on the roads ...

Hmmm, perhaps I shouldn't say this but I am learning to drive and I am a TERRIBLE driver! I can't be bothered to concentrate, my mind wanders and I rarely stick to the speed limit.
I might get a tricycle.  Neutral 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:09 am

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Hmmm, perhaps I shouldn't say this but I am learning to drive and I am a TERRIBLE driver! I can't be bothered to concentrate, my mind wanders and I rarely stick to the speed limit.

hey

need help....................

Shout

i am an ex driving instructor and driving examiner.................... Plus much much more  :D  Speak ask questions whatever - i am here for you
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:28 am

Beekeeper wrote:pale   IN ANOTHER scary warning for anyone venturing out on the roads in the old Blighty, especially during the extreme weather of recent weeks, the 'Institute of Advanced Drivers' has found that 40% of British motorists aren't concentrating on their driving while behind the wheel !!!

I.A.M. wrote:
Survey finds four out of ten drivers not concentrating

11 February 2014

Only sixty per cent of drivers concentrate when they are behind the wheel, according to a poll by IAM/Vision Critical of nearly 1500 drivers.

However, there is good and bad news in these findings.

The good news is that older drivers are much less likely to lose concentration while driving. Seventy-three per cent of over 65 year-olds say they concentrate on the road all of the time that they are driving.   Twenty-six per cent said that they concentrate most of the time.

The bad news is that 50 per cent of younger drivers aged 18-24 admit to not concentrating on driving 100 per cent of the time.  Not far behind, 47 per cent of 24-34 year olds admit to not concentrating.

Nearly a quarter of drivers (24 per cent) say that simply daydreaming was the most common reason for not concentrating. Among 18-24 year-olds the figure is 30 per cent.

Other reasons given for not concentrating include stress (22 per cent), thinking about what you will be doing when you arrive (21 per cent) and thinking about family, friends and personal relationships (21 per cent).

What a Face  CONSIDERING the poor showing on the part of the 18-24 year demographic in this survey ~ with only around 60% even vaguely aware of what's going on around them on a daily basis ~ I think the main conclusion to be drawn from this study is quite apparent :

NOBODY in Britain under the age of 25 should be allowed to drive anything more powerful than a tricycle, nor any vehicle faster than a pushbike, because of the imminent dangers presented to the public at large !   ::resmahauth:: 

http://www.iam.org.uk/media-and-research/media-centre/news-archive/20433-survey-finds-four-out-of-ten-drivers-not-concentrating

Take all the above as good and correct information. Plausible and good have written it on a sheet of paper fifteen years ago put in an envelope to be opened today. my comments would not have been different.

OK

So why

Because suddenly learning to drive and get a licence became a money grabbing exercise along with insurance.

The drop in learning standards IMO was two fold

1...............the introduction of the theory test, great money earnings for the DVLA but no one learnt he highway code anymore, didn't need to, could learn the system by rote and still can

2...............maybe the one most will throw things at the screen on reading........... after the intro of the theory if you didn't understand English it mattered not................... if it was really bad a translator sits in the car, will relay the examiners instructions to the candidate in their own language and who knows what helps or prods are happening at the same time.............

These guys who have no idea of road signs never mind rules, how to read the signs and why they are there of the road are now out there trying to kill us all on a daily basis.

A travesty i am struggling with. But I have taught both senior and middle since to drive and both are now members like me of IAM.

Junior is too young

But we now have driving instructors coming through who did the programme I have just described and we also have far more translators................

gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:07 pm

Couldn't imagine not being able to drive, I'd hate it! Passed my test at 17, couldn't afford a car at the time  Sad 

When you live 15 miles from any kind of life you learn quickly British Drivers DON'T Concentrate on the Road While Driving ! Wink75

It's so much harder to learn when you're older, you have the FEAR  affraid  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:12 pm

gerber wrote:
eddie wrote:

hey

need help....................

Shout

i am an ex driving instructor and driving examiner....................  Plus much much more    :D  Speak ask questions whatever -  i am here for you

But you have family!! Children!! Humph!!!
Why would you rise your life for me????  Shocked 

Oh I see. Advice. Thought you were offering to take me out in the road.....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down