NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maajid Nawaz: LBC presenter 'racially attacked' in London

+2
Andy
The Devil, You Know
6 posters

Go down

Maajid Nawaz: LBC presenter 'racially attacked' in London Empty Maajid Nawaz: LBC presenter 'racially attacked' in London

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:09 pm

An anti-extremism campaigner said he was racially attacked and hit in the face outside a theatre.

Maajid Nawaz said a white man attacked him while he was standing alone outside the Soho Theatre in central London.

The LBC radio presenter tweeted a photo of a cut to his forehead and said he was racially abused and then hit in the face with "maybe a signet ring".

The Met Police said it was called to a report of a racially aggravated assault at 19:10 GMT.

A spokesman said the suspect had fled the scene in head Street before officers arrived.

No arrests have been made and an investigation has been launched, the force added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47287308

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YxXQBpfYmU

Back to top Go down

Maajid Nawaz: LBC presenter 'racially attacked' in London Empty Re: Maajid Nawaz: LBC presenter 'racially attacked' in London

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:12 pm

totally unacceptable, but at least he didn't put a noose around his own neck or pay nigerians to beat him up.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Maajid Nawaz: LBC presenter 'racially attacked' in London Empty Re: Maajid Nawaz: LBC presenter 'racially attacked' in London

Post by Andy Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:20 pm

I bet Smelly Bandit, Allakaka and Major Stormee are delighted, though.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:25 pm

Interesting the comments

As what did he do?

Did he call and promote for hate?

"People from all ethnicities and all faiths and none helped me yesterday. It's in that spirit that I wish to carry on my work," he wrote.

This is a man we should all applaud that came to see the wrongs and hate of islamic extremism

He fights a constant daily battle taking the idelogical fight sgainst extremism on both the left, right and religiously extremes

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:44 pm

Maajid Nawaz is a top class presenter and journalist, a real moderate and talked of common sense in these troubled times.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Andy wrote:Maajid Nawaz is a top class presenter and journalist, a real moderate and talked of common sense in these troubled times.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:10 pm

He is a convicted terrorist and a liar!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:23 pm

Born in Southend-on-Sea, Essex to a British Pakistani family, Nawaz is a former member of the Islamist group Hizb ut-Tahrir. This association led to his arrest in Egypt in December 2001, where he remained imprisoned until 2006. Reading books on human rights and interacting with Amnesty International, which adopted him as a prisoner of conscience, resulted in a change of heart: he left Hizb-ut-Tahrir in 2007, renounced his Islamist past, and called for a "secular Islam". After his turnaround, Nawaz co-founded Quilliam with former Islamists, including Ed Husain.[2] He wrote an autobiography, Radical(2012) and has since become a prominent critic of Islamism in the United Kingdom.

He is a weekly columnist for The Daily Beast, and his writings have been published in various international newspapers, he appears frequently on television, and has delivered lectures including at the UK Defence Academyand Marshall Center for Security Studies. His second book, Islam and the Future of Tolerance (2015), co-authored with neuroscientist Sam Harris, was published in October 2015. He was the Liberal Democratparliamentary candidate for London's Hampstead and Kilburn constituency in the 2015 general election.[3]

He is against extremists, both far left and far right.
No wonder Tommy hates him.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

He was a former terrorist and served his time in one of the worst jails in the world in Eygpt

How is he a liar?

You lie every day on here with climate change

Should i thus distance myself from you and call you a liar?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:27 pm

Andy wrote:Born in Southend-on-Sea, Essex to a British Pakistani family, Nawaz is a former member of the Islamist group Hizb ut-Tahrir. This association led to his arrest in Egypt in December 2001, where he remained imprisoned until 2006. Reading books on human rights and interacting with Amnesty International, which adopted him as a prisoner of conscience, resulted in a change of heart: he left Hizb-ut-Tahrir in 2007, renounced his Islamist past, and called for a "secular Islam". After his turnaround, Nawaz co-founded Quilliam with former Islamists, including Ed Husain.[2] He wrote an autobiography, Radical(2012) and has since become a prominent critic of Islamism in the United Kingdom.

He is a weekly columnist for The Daily Beast, and his writings have been published in various international newspapers, he appears frequently on television, and has delivered lectures including at the UK Defence Academyand Marshall Center for Security Studies. His second book, Islam and the Future of Tolerance (2015), co-authored with neuroscientist Sam Harris, was published in October 2015. He was the Liberal Democratparliamentary candidate for London's Hampstead and Kilburn constituency in the 2015 general election.[3]

He is against extremists, both far left and far right.
No wonder Tommy hates him.
Agreed

He more fears him, because Tommy views all Muslims as a threat

Tommy lives in perpetual fear and clearly hates Muslims

Maajid, as a Muslim. Is one of the most outspoken critics of Islam

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Nawaz has Masters degree in Political theory.
Tommy failed his 11+.
Maajid's CV makes an interesting read. He went a bit astray in his youth, and has turned his life around big style.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Sounds like you have a terrorist problem over there. Maybe the US should send some peacekeepers over there?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:31 pm

Maddog wrote:Sounds like you have a terrorist problem over there. Maybe the US should send some peacekeepers over there?

They are here

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:46 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:Sounds like you have a terrorist problem over there. Maybe the US should send some peacekeepers over there?

They are here
Time for some drone strikes in London.  

Maybe the Russians could send a battleship up the Thames to help?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

They are here

If you can formulate a reason as to why, i am all ears?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:53 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Knife crime. The government there is incompetent at keeping its citizens safe. Time for a regime change and some nation building.  I'm sure the British public would welcome a coordinated invasion by several countries to deal with that scourge.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

Knife crime. The government there is incompetent at keeping its citizens safe. Time for a regime change and some nation building.  I'm sure the British public would welcome a coordinated invasion by several countries to deal with that scourge.

Ooooooh, just like gun crime in America then? Which has ten times more gun murders.

So you would welcome an invasion then for the murder rate in  America, which is mainly not based off an ideology

I have never heard such a poor and idiotic argument

Care to rethink your argument?

Why would we need an invasion when this is a small percentage of crime?

There has been near 40,000 islamic terrorism attacks since 9/11

How many knife attackers have reached that level based on their ideology?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:03 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Ooooooh, just like gun crime in America then? Which has ten times more gun murders.

So you would welcome an invasion then for the murder rate in  America, which is mainly not based off an ideology

I, nor do most people of any country want foreign troops saving them from their fellow citizens.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

I, nor do most people of any country want foreign troops saving them from their fellow citizens.

The Northern irish once did.

So did the Bosnians

So did the Kosovans

I could go on, but your reply is again idiotic

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:08 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So did the Bosnians

So did the Kosovans

Well, it appears I'm consistent.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

So did the Bosnians

So did the Kosovans

Well, it appears I'm consistent.

But wrong it seems is now where is the retaliation?

Do you now finally understand its the ideology that drives this?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:09 pm

drones would be better, the coordinates for tower hamlets and bradford are probably available via google earth
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:11 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

I think the regime change will come in london next year, or is it 2022 when khan will be out, of course another 100+ or 300+ might have to die before that happens.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:14 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
drones would be better, the coordinates for tower hamlets and bradford are probably available via google earth

That is a tad extreme

maybe the target should be the far right head quarters in Turkey

Yet I would never suggest such an extreme move, as I would never target women and children

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:24 pm

Thor wrote:

That is a tad extreme

Yet I would never suggest such an extreme move, as I would never target women and children
you mean the AK party? Bir dakika Bey would not like that suggestion
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Thor wrote:

That is a tad extreme

No

I based this off your extreme intoilerance and hate

Why would you target Tower Hamlets?

How many people would end up dead with your insanity?

How many non-extremists would die with such stupidity?

The Muslim population of Tower hamlets is  30% and you are happy to target them as well as the rest of that population based on a stupid ignorance

So please explain that?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Thor wrote:

No

The Muslim population of Tower hamlets is  30% and you are happy to target them as well as the rest of that population based on a stupid ignorance

So please explain that?
why wouldn't you

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:18 pm

Thor wrote:

No

So please explain that?
why wouldn't you

Because I dont apply guilt by assoication

So why do you?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:31 pm

Thor wrote:
why wouldn't you

So why do you?
you may or may not understand drone strikes are not blanket bombing.
you obviously do not understand sarcasm though

Last edited by The Devil, You Know on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Thor wrote:

So why do you?
you do understand drone strikes are not blanket bombing.
you obviously do not understand sarcasm though

I understand idocy, as what sarcasim is based on tageting Tower Hamlets with drones

Maybe you can educate me on yur intolerance here?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Because he’s a Muslim? You made a statement and didn’t back it up.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:40 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

No... because he is a convicted terrorist... and he is a liar...!

Don't take my word for it...

Do your own research about him... and see for yourself...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:31 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

No... because he is a convicted terrorist... and he is a liar...!

Don't take my word for it...

Do your own research about him... and see for yourself...

He is a massively reformed former terrorist who served his time and has since done more to combat extremism than you ever have.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:43 am

No... he is a convicted Islamist terrorist... a liar... and a huge leech on uk taxpayer funds...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:49 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

No... he is a convicted Islamist terrorist... a liar... and a huge leech on uk taxpayer funds...!

Who has repented and does everything to counter Islamic extremism

So to you, people are guilty for life then and you wish a further conviction onto criminals above and beyond the law then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:52 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Can you back up claims he is a liar and a leech?

Or is this just more bluster and hot air from the forum's resident gob shite?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down