NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Receiving a Valentine's Card From a Co-Worker Harmless or Harassment? | Good Morning Britain

+4
Ben Reilly
Raggamuffin
Maddog
eddie
8 posters

Go down

Is Receiving a Valentine's Card From a Co-Worker Harmless or Harassment? | Good Morning Britain Empty Is Receiving a Valentine's Card From a Co-Worker Harmless or Harassment? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:17 pm

Employment lawyers say Valentine’s cards between co-workers could lead to tribunals if it is seen as a form of harassment. Sex and relationship experts Annabelle Knight and Charlotte Rose debate whether or not people should send Valentine’s if they're not in a relationship.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Is Receiving a Valentine's Card From a Co-Worker Harmless or Harassment? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Is Receiving a Valentine's Card From a Co-Worker Harmless or Harassment? | Good Morning Britain

Post by eddie Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:20 pm

Oh for the love of Mary! What next? You’re not allowed to tell a co-worker you like their shoes in case they think you want to fuck their feet?

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Is Receiving a Valentine's Card From a Co-Worker Harmless or Harassment? | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: Is Receiving a Valentine's Card From a Co-Worker Harmless or Harassment? | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:22 pm

eddie wrote:Oh for the love of Mary! What next? You’re not allowed to tell a co-worker you like their shoes in case they think you want to fuck their feet?

Indeed Eddie, its getting utterly ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:54 pm

eddie wrote:Oh for the love of Mary! What next? You’re not allowed to tell a co-worker you like their shoes in case they think you want to fuck their feet?

Who is Mary and why are you sexually harassing her?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:57 pm

Maddog wrote:

Who is Mary and why are you sexually harassing her?

She’s a hot chick who wears great shoes.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:52 pm

Hmmm, it could lead to some awkwardness though couldn't it?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Hmmm, it could lead to some awkwardness though couldn't it?

How???
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:02 pm

Shouldn't a grown adult know how to keep an innocent Valentine to a coworker from getting awkward?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:47 am

Yeah but.....if you ever had anyone declaring they fancy you and you just dont feel that way about them, it can be uncomfortable, especially if you work with them.

If it's just a bit of fun that's different.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:50 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Shouldn't a grown adult know how to keep an innocent Valentine to a coworker from getting awkward?

Is this a "you're smoking hot" card, or a "you're a nice person card"?

I mean Valentines is the holiday for lovers, so It might be a little weird, especially if say a guy bought a card for a girl, and only one girl as opposed to all the girls in the office.

Maddog rules that communal cards for everyone in the office are OK. Cards for one person while excluding all others, might be weird.

But now Maddog is thinking about spouses of people receiving cards. That could cause trouble. Maybe the whole card thing should just be nixed in favor of a giant bowl of valentines candy to be shared by everyone. tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:55 am

Maddog wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

I mean Valentines is the holiday for lovers, so It might be a little weird, especially if say a guy bought a card for a girl, and only one girl as opposed to all the girls in the office.

Maddog rules that communal cards for everyone in the office are OK. Cards for one person while excluding all others, might be weird.  

But now Maddog is thinking about spouses of people receiving cards. That could cause trouble. Maybe the whole card thing should just be nixed in favor of a giant bowl of valentines candy to be shared by everyone. tongue        

The spouse thing is a good point.
If my OH recieved a mushy card from anon i would be fascinated as to who fancies him from afar, if I recieved one he would be jealous and probably suspect everyone from the window cleaner to the bank manager. Razz

It could turn nasty. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:02 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The spouse thing is a good point.
If my OH recieved a mushy card from anon i would be fascinated as to who fancies him from afar, if I recieved one he would be jealous and probably suspect everyone from the window cleaner to the bank manager. Razz

It could turn nasty. Razz

But as to the original question, it's not harassment. Not every move that may not be socially appropriate is harassment. We are melting pot of cultures and even in the same culture, people are raised differently. People need to understand that, deal with the differences and move on.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:13 am

.A lovely man I knew was given a written warning because he called a woman 'love' in work.
Love is a northern expression when addressing someone, he meant nothing by it.
I blame women for a lot of this overly pc outlook in the workplace.

Sending a Valentine, complimenting a woman, calling her 'love'....none of it's harassment, unless it's done on a regular basis just to deliberately annoy....then it could be.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:20 am

Syl wrote:.A lovely man I knew was given a written warning because he called a woman 'love' in work.

Sending a Valentine, complimenting a woman, calling her 'love'....none of it's harassment, unless it's done on a regular basis just to deliberately annoy....then it could be.

I'm guessing calling them sweet britches is out of the question. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:28 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:.A lovely man I knew was given a written warning because he called a woman 'love' in work.

Not sure, try it next time you go in work. Razz

Night night.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:29 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Not sure, try it next time you go in work. Razz

Night night.

lol!
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:01 am

eddie wrote:

How???

potential for awkwardness

6 inch stilettos -

could get decidedly dicey

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:44 am

Thor wrote:Employment lawyers say Valentine’s cards between co-workers could lead to tribunals if it is seen as a form of harassment. Sex and relationship experts Annabelle Knight and Charlotte Rose debate whether or not people should send Valentine’s if they're not in a relationship.

Rolling Eyes

Idea

The whole concept of (ex-'saint')Valentine's Day is one of organised harrassment, faux_shaming, gross materialism, bullying and standover tactics...

Orchestrated by card companies, florists, chocolate makers and their advertising munchkins, simply to fill in that sales gap between Christmas and Easter..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:54 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Thor wrote:Employment lawyers say Valentine’s cards between co-workers could lead to tribunals if it is seen as a form of harassment. Sex and relationship experts Annabelle Knight and Charlotte Rose debate whether or not people should send Valentine’s if they're not in a relationship.

Rolling Eyes

Idea

The whole concept of (ex-'saint')Valentine's Day is one of organised harrassment, faux_shaming, gross materialism, bullying and standover tactics...

Orchestrated by card companies, florists, chocolate makers and their advertising munchkins,  simply to fill in that sales gap between Christmas and Easter..

I think you need a hug.

And a Valentines Day card. tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:04 am

Suspect

Bah, humbug !!!
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:20 am

It is clearly 'failure to maintain a workplace free of discrimination'.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:45 am

How many cases of harressment has there been from receiving a valentines day card?

This has never been an issue and its not now accept to ultra radical feminists

Most women love getting Valetine cards

It makes them rightly feel special, loved etc

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:53 am

The whole fucking country is being taken over by weak kneed Snowflakes. Get a grip !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:32 am

Thor wrote:How many cases of harressment has there been from receiving a valentines day card?

This has never been an issue and its not now accept to ultra radical feminists

Most women love getting Valetine cards

It makes them rightly feel special, loved etc

Cool

Just as long as you don't send cards/flowers/chocolates to anybody working in the offices of those harassment lawyers in the O/P  !!!
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:17 pm

Valentines day is different from, say, Christmas or Easter. With Valentines day there is the insinuation of a romantic involvement.

I got into trouble once when a woman acquaintance asked me out to Valentine's dinner. My response was: But we are not Valentines. She exploded.

Why not be forthcoming? It eliminates all complications.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:Valentines day is different from, say, Christmas or Easter.  With Valentines day there is the insinuation of a romantic involvement.

I got into trouble once when a woman acquaintance asked me out to Valentine's dinner.  My response was: But we are not Valentines.  She exploded.

Why not be forthcoming?  It eliminates all complications.

Maybe she wanted to be your valentine and was hurt....some people dont take rejection lightly. Crying or Very sad

I do know from personal experience that when someone has romantic thoughts about you that are definitely not reciprocated...it can be somewhat awkward, so maybe it is better to leave the Valentines cards away from the workplace, unless it's done light heartedly...or you KNOW the object of your affection fancies you right back.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down