NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEFORE YOU SKIP YOUR VACATION, WATCH THIS

4 posters

Go down

BEFORE YOU SKIP YOUR VACATION, WATCH THIS Empty BEFORE YOU SKIP YOUR VACATION, WATCH THIS

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:31 pm

In 2018, Americans left more than HALF of their vacation days unclaimed.

Back to top Go down

BEFORE YOU SKIP YOUR VACATION, WATCH THIS Empty Re: BEFORE YOU SKIP YOUR VACATION, WATCH THIS

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:33 pm

There must be something wrong with news fix

So I will try again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsNW6MI6qMk

Back to top Go down

BEFORE YOU SKIP YOUR VACATION, WATCH THIS Empty Re: BEFORE YOU SKIP YOUR VACATION, WATCH THIS

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:35 pm

Thor wrote:

Its a very valid point. I have been to many places in the Uk and Ireland, as well as many parts of the world.

How many of the Yanks on here, have truely seen all of America?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:19 pm

I've tried. Been in every state, but there are parts of Alaska (far north) I have missed; A couple of islands of Hawai'i I've missed, the UP of Michigan and east Carolina's.

Some parts should never be missed: the Grand Canyon, the Bear-tooth Mountains, on the border of Montana and Wyoming, Glacier Park, Mauna Loa (earth's largest active volcano), Yosemite Park, Seattle, Tucson sunsets, New Orleans, San Francisco Bay, New York City (wow), Santa Catalina Island, Cape Cod, Bar Harbor, Cadillac island, Maine...more that I can't think of right now.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:I've tried.  Been in every state, but there are parts of Alaska (far north) I have missed; A couple of islands of Hawai'i I've missed, the UP of Michigan and east Carolina's.

Some parts should never be missed: the Grand Canyon, the Bear-tooth Mountains, on the border of Montana and Wyoming, Glacier Park, Mauna Loa (earth's largest active volcano), Yosemite Park, Seattle, Tucson sunsets, New Orleans, San Francisco Bay, New York City (wow), Santa Catalina Island, Cape Cod, Bar Harbor, Cadillac island, Maine...more that I can't think of right now.

So you have seen much of the beauty of the US?

Which means its more than just the people that now reside there?

I am reading a book called "The earth is weeping" which is about the American Indian wars. I am seriously appalled at how years ago the indigenous were treated. Its a fascinating read and one that shows that the open door policy. Which Ben argues is okay. Actually basically destroyed the numereous many native groups way of life and its people, plus dcimated the bison. Its one of the biggest arguments against against what Ben claims would be good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:51 pm

Have you read - Bury my heart at Wounded Knee?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:01 pm

Vintage wrote:Have you read  - Bury my heart at Wounded Knee?

Yes I have Vintage and is many decades old but very good

One of my best friends who lives here is lakota Indian. She perked my interest with this history and have read many books on this topic

Hsve you read "Last Stand" by NathanielPhilbrick?

I really recommend the "Earth is weeping". Its fasicinating and shows a perspective on both sides of this horrendus war against the Indians

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:57 pm

Yes, its some considerable time since I first read Wounded Knee. I'll check out the others.

I've just been reading a few different articles and it never fails to amaze me how much native people are/were so aware and understanding of the environment.
Chief Little Wolf of the Cheyenne stated as part of his speech in Washington in 1874 that ;
'The Cheyenne are a small tribe, smaller than either the Sioux or the Arapaho, we have never been numerous because we understand the earth can only carry a certain amount of the people, just as it can only carry a certain amount of bears, the wolves, the elk, the pronghorns and all the rest of the animals. For if there are too many of any animal, this animal starves until there is the right number again. We rather be few in number and have enough for everyone to eat than too many and starve.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:47 am

BEFORE YOU SKIP YOUR VACATION, WATCH THIS 1399249160

People who delay taking holidays, work unpaid overtime, drag themselves into work even when they're "as sick as a dog" and should be home in bed, should pause and ask themselves --

Just why
they are throwiing so much of their lives away...

IF they are working one or two days a week for the taxman, and one or two days a week to pay off bankloans, another day "keeping up with the Jones'es"..

Then who is it who is profiting from them telling themselves that they are being 'productive' members of society,  behaving 'responsibly' towards family and community (when it is actually the corporations, their financiers, and politicians, who profit most..), acting like a true 'patriot' to their country's economic system  ?
"Follow the money trail.."
      BEFORE YOU SKIP YOUR VACATION, WATCH THIS 3758365944
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:51 am

Have you been to Wounded Knee?  I have.  Befriended a two-legged dog there.

I've also been often to New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, the Four-Corners region, right in the middle of the Hopi reservation, because I lived in Tucson and Phoenix, and taught at the University of Arizona.  Also, been to the home of the White Mountain Apaches (peaceful), and the Chiricahua Apaches (not so peaceful).

Also, wrote a paper on Native American Jurisdiction, and won some important cases involving Native American law.  I'm not trying to have a pissing contest.  Only pointing out my intense involvement in the issue.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:08 pm

Has he made this vid for financial gain (nowt wrong with that of course) or did he simply want to preach patronisingly to people from a great height?  scratch

YT vloggers get a pro rata payment based on how many followers they have but you do need to cross a numerical threshold - if the numbers are too low, forget it.  OTOH, with very high numbers you can make a handsome living out of YT payments alone - new house, new motors ………...... and great ahem …. vacations too lol. 

In any case he has sparked off a discussion about the merits of taking a regular break and recharging the batteries and that is a good thing. Good luck, kid!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:16 pm

Arrow

I reckon that video may well have been produced by/for his local tourism/travel body/association...

A professional quality production..

With heavy emphasis on the Grand Canyon and surrounds.

Good sentiments, all the same..

As many people are working far too many hours, often for little if any real return...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:26 pm

Vintage wrote:Yes, its some considerable time since I first read Wounded Knee. I'll check out the others.

I've just been reading a few different articles and it never fails to amaze me how much native people are/were so aware and understanding of  the environment.
Chief Little Wolf of the Cheyenne stated as part of his speech in Washington in 1874 that ;
'The Cheyenne are a small tribe, smaller than either the Sioux or the Arapaho, we have never been numerous because we understand the earth can only carry a certain amount of the people, just as it can only carry a certain amount of bears, the wolves, the elk, the pronghorns and all the rest of the animals. For if there are too many of any animal, this animal starves until there is the right number again. We rather be few in number and have enough for everyone to eat than too many and starve.

Little Wolf is also in the other book I recommended Vintage
I agree on their awareness. Quite amasing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down