NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tories are seen as 'racist' by majority of ethnic minority voters, Conservative candidate claims

4 posters

Go down

Tories are seen as 'racist' by majority of ethnic minority voters, Conservative candidate claims  Empty Tories are seen as 'racist' by majority of ethnic minority voters, Conservative candidate claims

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:31 pm

Tories are seen as 'racist' by majority of ethnic minority voters, Conservative candidate claims  Prime%20Minister%20David%20Cameron%20-1716899

Unconvincing: Prime Minister David Cameron in India

The Tories are struggling to win over ethnic minority voters because they are seen as “racist”, a candidate claimed today.

Conservative Afzal Amin, who is standing in Dudley North, said the party leadership talked to people from India as if they had just arrived in the country.

His comments claim as David Cameron’s election guru Lynton Crosby was reported to have said that reaching out to ethnic minority voters “muddies” the Tory election message.

Mr Amin said the “general perception” among black and Asian voters was the Conservatives were still a racist party.

“What’s very clear to me is that in the Sandwell and Dudley areas where I grew up and I now live, for the vast majority of people, whether they’re black or from the Indian subcontinent, the general perception is that the party remains a racist party and we have not done enough to convince them that this is not the case,” he told the Coffee House blog.

He added: “We communicate with our ethnic minority voters as though they belong somewhere else.

'They need to recognise that we can’t communicate to our ethnic minority voters with the primary reference point being the countries that their fathers came from.

Tories are seen as 'racist' by majority of ethnic minority voters, Conservative candidate claims  Lynton-Crosby-2332963

Right turn: Lynton Crosby

“My family and I do not want to be communicated to because our father came from India – talk to me because of the NHS and other things that we are interested in.”

Some Tory strategists fear the Conservatives will fail to win an outright majority unless they do more to reach out to black and minority ethnic (BME) voters.

A recent poll found only 16% of people from BME communities backed the Conservatives in 2010.

But Mr Crosby is reported to have raised concerns that trying to appeal to Black and Asian voters could see the party outflanked by UKIP.

“Lynton Crosby is running the campaign and his job is to maximise the number of people voting Tory with just 15 months to go," said a Conservative involved in election planning.

"There is a difference between that demand and where we want to be by 2020.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tories-seen-racist-majority-ethnic-3156126#ixzz2tgTPDHFt
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

It's very true that RW voters are very much more likely to be racist than LW voters IMO.

Back to top Go down

Tories are seen as 'racist' by majority of ethnic minority voters, Conservative candidate claims  Empty Re: Tories are seen as 'racist' by majority of ethnic minority voters, Conservative candidate claims

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:33 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:lmao

Your a prime example.  Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Tories are seen as 'racist' by majority of ethnic minority voters, Conservative candidate claims  Empty Re: Tories are seen as 'racist' by majority of ethnic minority voters, Conservative candidate claims

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:lmao

I'm a prime example of what?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:36 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

A racist RW voter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:03 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

A racist RW voter.

You think i'm racist and right wing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:06 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

A racist RW voter.

I don't think, i know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

I don't think, i know!

You know that i'm racist and right wing?

How do you know those things?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:18 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

I don't think, i know!

From reading your threads and posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:19 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

I don't think, i know!

On account of your every utterance Andy though I now see Catman as rather more extreme the other way having come across him a few times on here.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Phoenix wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

On account of your every utterance Andy though I now see Catman as rather more extreme the other way having come across him a few times on here.

Rolling Eyes Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:28 pm

Phoenix wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Hi Phoenix, do you think i'm racist and right wing too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:29 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

A racist RW voter.

You must be - didn't you know that anyone who doesn't support Labour is a nasty racist RW naartsy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:37 pm

Tess. wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

You must be - didn't you know that anyone who doesn't support Labour is a nasty racist RW naartsy!

It seems that is why they think I am a racist right winger Tess.

I always thought that to be racist you have to believe that one race is better than others.

Maybe I am, because I thoroughly believe that blacks are much better runners than white people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Tess. wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Ah, well all people on the Right are "racists" - because the blinkered and Left-leaning race relations "industry" assumes that they are; the Labour Party desperately wants them to be and some of its supporters don't really know what it means, but it sounds nice when appended to "right wing scum."
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:50 pm

I wonder what the Tories will do to banish the notion that they are a racist party, nothing i would suppose.  No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Catman wrote:I wonder what the Tories will do to banish the notion that they are a racist party, nothing i would suppose.  No

Treat everybody equally, I would hope!

Oh, I see - you would like them to go out of their way, to prove a point? Maybe they should make up an excuse, secretly sacking lots of white people and putting Nigerians in their place?

Yes, yes, that's the kind of equality you like, isn't it?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:56 pm

Right-whingers face this problem all over the world: http://www.stanford.edu/dept/communication/faculty/krosnick/docs/2012/2012%20Voting%20and%20Racism.pdf

It's not that they're all racist; it's that more of them are, and that they're more cozy around racists than the left is.

In the '60s and '70s here in the U.S., as the Democrats became more overtly liberal and anti-racist, racists in the Democratic Party went to the Republican Party and created the Southern Strategy:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that...but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.

- Kevin Phillips, strategist for Richard Nixon, in a 1970 interview
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:00 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:I wonder what the Tories will do to banish the notion that they are a racist party, nothing i would suppose.  No

Oh, I see - you would like them to go out of their way, to prove a point?  Maybe they should make up an excuse, secretly sacking lots of white people and putting Nigerians in their place?

They should be making more of an effort to recruit more candidates from the ethnic minorities, to stand at elections.

..If they can find any of course!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Forgive me if i'm wrong Ben - i'm British, not American, but do negroes tend to vote Democrat then?

In the UK, blacks and foreigners tend to vote Labour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:04 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Forgive me if i'm wrong Ben - i'm British, not American, but do negroes tend to vote Democrat then?

(Just a bit of advice, you wouldn't want to throw around the term "negroes" in the U.S.)

Tories are seen as 'racist' by majority of ethnic minority voters, Conservative candidate claims  Black_Vote_Pres
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Forgive me if i'm wrong Ben - i'm British, not American, but do negroes tend to vote Democrat then?

(Just a bit of advice, you wouldn't want to throw around the term "negroes" in the U.S.)

Tories are seen as 'racist' by majority of ethnic minority voters, Conservative candidate claims  Black_Vote_Pres

I don't use the word, it's an American term, not British - it was taken from your excerpt.

So, that's interesting.

Now, why do people here think that is - do blacks and foreigners vote for left wing types because they feel right wing parties are racist, or do they feel they get something from them - more benefits?

Which blacks vote Republican and Conservative? Are they the blacks who work hard and earn an honest crust?

Please discuss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:10 pm

You might want to do a sense check of your own behaviour when you call everyone else bigots. By all my measures you match up perfectly are you sure you wouldn't be more comfortable in the BNP.

Personally I like my left wing friends to be a great deal more likeable than you it helps to persuade others we are the good guys.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Phoenix wrote:

You might want to do a sense check of your own behaviour when you call everyone else bigots. By all my measures you match up perfectly are you sure you wouldn't be more comfortable in the BNP.

Personally I like my left wing friends to be a great deal more likeable than you it helps to persuade others we are the good guys.

Rolling Eyes Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 pm

70% of immigrants vote Labour because it is perceived as the party of the working classes not the cap doffers.

Your assumption that they do so for benefits is ridiculous.

Phoenix
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Oh, I see - you would like them to go out of their way, to prove a point?  Maybe they should make up an excuse, secretly sacking lots of white people and putting Nigerians in their place?

They should be making more of an effort to recruit more candidates from the ethnic minorities, to stand at elections.

Do they make more of an effort to recruit white candidates, or are the efforts made the same for everybody?

Come on Mr Catman - do you want equality or something else? If you believe it, say it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:18 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Catman wrote:

Do they make more of an effort to recruit white candidates, or are the efforts made the same for everybody?

Come on Mr Catman - do you want equality or something else?  If you believe it, say it!

If they want to appeal more to the ethnic minorities, not to be seen as a racist party, it's common sense that they would need to recruit more from those minorities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:35 pm

It's a common misconception that in the U.S., the receivers of welfare benefits vote Democratic to keep their benefits pouring in.

We do know that almost all black voters voted for Obama. If welfare recipients were no different, then Obama could have counted on a little more than a third of welfare recipients' votes. That's a maximum of about 1 percent of his base.

For people of other races -- which didn't vote so uniformly for Obama -- we might get better estimates by looking at the General Social Survey, which asks respondents about their incomes and voting histories. In the 2010 survey, I looked at non-black respondents with children whose families earned less than $20,000 a year, which is a rough approximation of the eligibility standard for welfare. Of course, many families who fit this description don't receive welfare, and the survey's results are based on a sample of just a couple thousand people. But these data might still give some good hints about welfare recipients' political preferences.

According to the data, about three quarters of these poor, non-black adults voted in the presidential election. Among the voters, 50% went for Obama. So among non-black welfare recipients, perhaps three in eight might be part of Obama's base. That share would amount to roughly 0.75% of his overall base.

We can use the same methodology to check the earlier supposition that all black welfare recipients did indeed vote. In fact, only about 75% of the blacks with children and family incomes under $20,000 did vote in 2008. If that also held true for welfare recipients, they could have made up no more than 0.75% of Obama's overall base.

Adding the figures in the last two paragraphs together, I got my final estimate: welfare recipients probably made up no more than 1.5% of Obama's overall voter base in 2008.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-altman/obama-welfare_b_1835061.html

There were also plenty of areas that had a lot of welfare recipients where Romney won by a huge margin:

Among the far-right entertainer class, 2012 was defined as the “takers versus makers” election. According to that narrative, Romney lost because the grasping poor wanted a President who would promise them “free stuff” instead of opening up opportunities to succeed through hard work. Minority voters supposedly chose Obama by spectacular margins because, well…you know what those people are like.

The results tell a very different story. Obama performed well in many of America’s wealthiest areas, including places that have been Republican strongholds for generations. Romney, on the other hand, racked up lopsided wins won in some of the country’s poorest counties. A closer look at Romney’s success among the poor reveals a disturbing picture of the forces overwhelming the Republican Party in our time.

Brian Kelsey at Civic Analytics in Austin did an excellent analysis of voting patterns in the most government dependent counties in the US. He used data from the Bureau of Economic Analysis to gather a list of counties whose residents are most dependent on government aid in the form of food stamps, Medicaid, unemployment insurance, and other “welfare” programs.

Strangely, Kelsey discovered that Romney won 21 of the 25 most welfare-dependent counties in the country. The pattern Kelsey found extends beyond his limited data set. Romney won some of his most overwhelming support in the 2012 election from America’s most “dependent” regions, carrying 77 of America’s 100 most welfare-dependent counties.

It turns out that America’s most aid-dependent counties share some other characteristics that might explain their voting patterns. They are overwhelmingly white, southern, and rural. In fact, 86 of them are in areas that did not outlaw slavery prior to the Civil War and 81 of them are majority white.

Romney lost only four of those 81. Three of those four are in the North. He lost only one county on that list which was white and Southern (Elliot, KY), and he lost there by 60 votes.

Another surprising pattern emerges from the analysis – the stark racial divide between the poorest Americans, and those who receive the most poverty relief. In an interesting irony, the list of most dependent counties does not line up with the list of poorest counties. The counties which receive the highest levels of welfare assistance are disproportionately white; while most of America’s poorest counties are majority-minority.

Though African-Americans and Hispanics suffer far higher poverty rates, they receive far less proportionately in government transfers. Poor whites receive government assistance at a far higher rate than poor non-whites. In other words, even in poverty, it pays to be white.

http://blog.chron.com/goplifer/2013/09/how-the-gop-is-winning-among-the-poor/

The problem with the right-wing narrative that poor people vote for left-wing candidates because they'd rather be on welfare than work is that it's the exact opposite of true.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

At present the Tories have 11 ethnic minority MPs out of 295, or 3.6 per cent.

Labour have 16 out of 242, or 6.2 per cent.

The Lib dems have 57 MPs, all of whom are white.

It's therefore perfectly correct to say that Labour have a better record of selecting and electing MPs from ethnic minority backgrounds, but the difference in numbers is not so great that they have any reason to crow about their comparative total.

For the record, I personally think that the Tories should seek more candidates from ethnic minorities, given the number of high achievers in the category.

The number of ethnic minority students at my own grandchildren's independent school is quite considerable - and growing year by year - and their academic achievements are quite excellent.

I'd like to think of some of them being among the leaders in politics, industry and commerce in the future.

Of course being "right wing scum" I'm not supposed to be saying that, am I?
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:35 pm

And you'll be amazed if you break down the UK in to England, Scotland, Wales etc...

For MPs then for councillors.

Ouch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:41 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:And you'll be amazed if you break down the UK in to England, Scotland, Wales etc...

For MPs then for councillors.

Ouch!

I am afraid that the zealots and sychophants perceive only what they want to perceive, Andy.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:49 pm

Labour were importing new labour voters en masse, and denying it was even happening.

Torys allowed millions in before this during their 18 years in power up to 1997.

The current Torys have been talking tough, saying going to reduce from hundreds of thousands to tens of thousands, but net immigration actually went up about 20,000 last year.

Immigrants are all in favour of more immigration when this is about allowing them to come in, and more than happy arrive to arrive and try for their own financial gain, without a care for the people already here, and how their arrival might adversely affect others work opportunities, or how it might negatively affect others earnings, with the increased available cheap labour driving down wages. Or any other socio-economic factors.

But ironically, once they have themselves been here a while, they quickly become against OTHER IMMIGRANTS coming in and undermining THEIR OWN work prospects and driving down THEIR wages. Unless, of course, the immigrants are trying to get the newer immigrants in to work for them for even cheaper!

They also quickly start to voice support for policy of paying less taxes!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down