NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Sexist' Marks and Spencer Underwear Ad Sparks a Fiery Debate in the Studio | Good Morning Britain

+5
HoratioTarr
Original Quill
Raggamuffin
Syl
nicko
9 posters

Go down

'Sexist' Marks and Spencer Underwear Ad Sparks a Fiery Debate in the Studio | Good Morning Britain Empty 'Sexist' Marks and Spencer Underwear Ad Sparks a Fiery Debate in the Studio | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:56 am

An advert in a shop window for Marks and Spencers' women's underwear range has provoked outrage after it was deemed sexist towards women. Feminist Anna May Mangan and model Lizzie Cundy clash over whether it highlights the real issue of gender equality.

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

'Sexist' Marks and Spencer Underwear Ad Sparks a Fiery Debate in the Studio | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: 'Sexist' Marks and Spencer Underwear Ad Sparks a Fiery Debate in the Studio | Good Morning Britain

Post by nicko Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Oh dear, There are much more important things to worry about,bleeding idiots !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'Sexist' Marks and Spencer Underwear Ad Sparks a Fiery Debate in the Studio | Good Morning Britain Empty Re: 'Sexist' Marks and Spencer Underwear Ad Sparks a Fiery Debate in the Studio | Good Morning Britain

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:16 pm

nicko wrote:Oh dear,    There are much more important things to worry about,bleeding idiots !

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Is this what all the fuss is about? Nothing wrong with it.

'Sexist' Marks and Spencer Underwear Ad Sparks a Fiery Debate in the Studio | Good Morning Britain _1044110
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:18 pm

It wasn't the underwear which was the problem, it's just that in the other window there was a display of men's suits, not men's underwear. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:21 pm

M & S is basking in all the attention.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:24 pm

They should put big knickers in the window - they're much more comfortable. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:25 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It wasn't the underwear which was the problem, it's just that in the other window there was a display of men's suits, not men's underwear. Laughing  

Rightly so, men dont look as nice in underwear as women do. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:It wasn't the underwear which was the problem, it's just that in the other window there was a display of men's suits, not men's underwear. Laughing  

Nevertheless, we get our share...

'Sexist' Marks and Spencer Underwear Ad Sparks a Fiery Debate in the Studio | Good Morning Britain R7982a

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:42 pm

Syl wrote:

Hmmm, that depends on who the man is and who the woman is.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:34 pm

Maybe if she had one arse instead of two, she might be able to fit into the nice underwear and stop being so bitter and twisted. Women like nice underwear. Specially young women. And they like to see what the goods are in the shop. And at this time of year, men might be wanting to buy their wives some undies for Xmas. So, fuck off, fatso.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:28 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Maybe if she had one arse instead of two, she might be able to fit into the nice underwear and stop being so bitter and twisted.   Women like nice underwear.  Specially young women.  And they like to see what the goods are in the shop.  And at this time of year, men might be wanting to buy their wives some undies for Xmas.  So, fuck off, fatso.

Hahahahahaha that’s exactly what I think. I cannot stand this stupid notion some women have today where they think they should stop bothering to be feminine.

Well Fucking said.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:48 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Maybe if she had one arse instead of two, she might be able to fit into the nice underwear and stop being so bitter and twisted.   Women like nice underwear.  Specially young women.  And they like to see what the goods are in the shop.  And at this time of year, men might be wanting to buy their wives some undies for Xmas.  So, fuck off, fatso.

Hahahahahaha that’s exactly what I think. I cannot stand this stupid notion some women have today where they think they should stop bothering to be feminine.

Well Fucking said.

You know, I like being a woman and I like wearing nice stuff.   It's getting like we can't be feminine anymore in case we upset some silly moralist dog in the manger fucktard.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:52 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:

Well Fucking said.

You know, I like being a woman and I like wearing nice stuff.   It's getting like we can't be feminine anymore in case we upset some silly moralist dog in the manger fucktard.

M&S do lovely underwear for women, and their bras have improved considerably IMO.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

M&S do lovely underwear for women, and their bras have improved considerably IMO.

There's only two things I buy from Marks...food and underwear. The rest is pants.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:25 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:

Well Fucking said.

I’ve been saying this for years I celebrate my femininity and I like being a woman and all that it entails.

Weirdly, I just read this part of one of the chapters in our book:

“After I shower and wash my hair, I put on a really nice dress for no reason in particular and I decide to paint my nails and paint a mask over my face.
I like make-up, I like looking nice, it's what makes me female and today I decide I am going the whole hog and I paint my lips a vivid red.”
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:18 am

What gets me about these shop window displays is . . . .  the ultra-light gossamer undies on the woman, often costs as much as the full 3 piece suit on the man next to him. 

You could fold & hide the entire gossamer outfit inside the palm of your hand, it's that sheer & tiny. Monstrously unfair, I tell ya. snobby

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:57 am

fiesta

Fat women defining themselves as "feminists" does often seem to be little more than a common and convenient excuse for them to voice their displeasure over overpriced underwear they will never fit into, being displayed on slim mannequins and models, that they could only dream about alluding to,  doesn't it  ?!?

Have to agree with nicko, here..

That self-described "feminist" must have little to worry about, and far too much time on her hands, to be complaining about a harmless and relatively modest window display when there are far more serious problems in the world..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:36 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:fiesta

Fat women defining themselves as "feminists" does often seem to be little more than a common and convenient excuse for them to voice their displeasure over overpriced underwear they will never fit into, being displayed on slim mannequins and models, that they could only dream about alluding to,  doesn't it  ?!?

Have to agree with nicko, here..

That self-described "feminist" must have little to worry about, and far too much time on her hands, to be complaining about a harmless and relatively modest window display when there are far more serious problems in the world..

They do make underwear in bigger sizes you know, so they could get into it. In fact, one can see a glimpse of a thong on many fat women. Also, M&S underwear isn't overpriced - it's very reasonable.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:27 am

I really don't like the knickers with the lace around the Crotch, they tend to chafe a little !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:36 pm

nicko wrote:I really don't like the knickers with the lace around the Crotch,   they tend to chafe a little !

lol!

I dont wear thongs for the same reason.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:00 pm

Yeah, and isn't she just saying, that's a bad look?

As in, here's how we at M&S see men and women - men are the important doers of the world, women are sex kittens.

Does she not have the right to have a problem with that? Everybody seems to be twisting her argument in order to make her look ridiculous.

She never said they shouldn't be allowed to advertise women's underwear or that she had a problem with the underwear. She said she had a problem with the display and what it seems to be saying about the role of women and men in the world.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:08 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

As in, here's how we at M&S see men and women - men are the important doers of the world, women are sex kittens.

Does she not have the right to have a problem with that? Everybody seems to be twisting her argument in order to make her look ridiculous.

She never said they shouldn't be allowed to advertise women's underwear or that she had a problem with the underwear. She said she had a problem with the display and what it seems to be saying about the role of women and men in the world.

No surprise the lefty defends this idiotic woman who is making a problem out of nothing

This woman could not grasp that the two things on display are the two biggest sellers for M&S

Hence it was not done based on some sexist bases

It was done on a marketing bases

In other words militant feminists deciding something is sexist, when there was never any sexism involved

Its why she also got ridiculed by other feminists in the panel

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:14 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

She also said if the models had been wearing a negligee over their underwear she would have no problem with the display. scratch
Skewed argument...so she is happy with men in suits alongside women in underwear...as long as they cover it with a negligee.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:24 pm

She needs to get a life !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:33 pm

And lets face it. if M&S displayed ladies clothes in the window it would put women off going in.
I am an older women, but even to me the clothes are incredible frumpy and old fashioned, I am tall, and their trousers and dresses hang on the floor they are so long....God knows who they are designing for.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:43 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

Yes, that's what she's saying. However, I don't think that M&S did this deliberately, or even unconsciously, it's just the way it happened. They probably just wanted to advertise men's suits and women's underwear, and it happened to be at the same time.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:44 pm

Syl wrote:And lets face it. if M&S displayed ladies clothes in the window it would put women off going in.
I am an older women, but even to me the clothes are incredible frumpy and old fashioned, I am tall, and their trousers and dresses hang on the floor they are so long....God knows who they are designing for.

It's very strange. I can never really find much in M&S in the way of clothes, but on Ebay they have loads of nice clothes which were from M&S in the past.

The trousers do come in different lengths though, so that's good.

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:06 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

Damn right, we're sex kittens. bounce
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:10 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

Nobody wants to see a row of mannequins wearing men's underpants. Aside from looking pretty ridiculous, it wouldn't make a man go...'Hot damn, those skidders are a must buy!' Men don't shop like that. But women do. We want to see pretty underwear and what it looks like on a model. We're not arsed if you put that model between a dummy in a suit or a side of bacon.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:And lets face it. if M&S displayed ladies clothes in the window it would put women off going in.

It's very strange. I can never really find much in M&S in the way of clothes, but on Ebay they have loads of nice clothes which was from M&S in the past.

The trousers do come in different lengths though, so that's good.

I think the buyers change, so you get a completely different style. I find M and S dowdy, frumpy and so middle of the road I wouldn't touch their clothes with a barge pole.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:45 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

Nobody wants to see a row of mannequins wearing men's underpants.  Aside from looking pretty ridiculous, it wouldn't make a man go...'Hot damn, those skidders are a must buy!'    Men don't shop like that.   But women do.  We want to see pretty underwear and what it looks like on a model.  We're not arsed if you put that model between a dummy in a suit or a side of bacon.  

Apparently you don't speak for all women, though.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:07 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Nobody wants to see a row of mannequins wearing men's underpants.  Aside from looking pretty ridiculous, it wouldn't make a man go...'Hot damn, those skidders are a must buy!'    Men don't shop like that.   But women do.  We want to see pretty underwear and what it looks like on a model.  We're not arsed if you put that model between a dummy in a suit or a side of bacon.  

Apparently you don't speak for all women, though.

I don't see any of the women on here agreeing with the outrage, do you? Anyone disagree?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:08 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I’ve been saying this for years  I celebrate my femininity and I like being a woman and all that it entails.

Weirdly, I just read this part of one of the chapters in our book:

“After I shower and wash my hair, I put on a really nice dress for no reason in particular and I decide to paint my nails and paint a mask over my face.
I like make-up, I like looking nice, it's what makes me female and today I decide I am going the whole hog and I paint my lips a vivid red.”

Exactly right.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:35 pm

I tried that once Eddie, got arrested !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:44 pm

nicko wrote: I tried that once Eddie,  got arrested !

Well, your lips were more of a magenta color, and it was 1949. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down