NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes) Empty New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes)

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:58 am

Recently an “educational” pamphlet designed for Christian children made its way around Facebook. It warned God’s little lambs to avoid sour unhappy people called “atheists.” A private school curriculum called Accelerated Christian Education includes cartoons in which the atheist characters are rude, mean and drunk; and bad things happen to them.

Stereotypes like these get echoed sometimes even in Christian books and lectures that are targeted at adults. I once attended a successful megachurch on the Sunday before Easter. The pastor wanted his audience to be clear that the resurrection of Jesus wasn’t merely some spiritual metaphor. “If the resurrection didn’t literally happen,” he shouted, “there is no reason for us to be here! If the resurrection didn’t literally happen—there are parties to be had! There are women to be had! There are guns to shoot! There are people to shoot!”

You caught the subtext? Atheists (and even liberal Christians) have no basis for morality. Nothing—and I mean nothing!—stands between a godless person and debauchery or lechery or even violence.

Population demographics suggest otherwise, of course. Atheism is far more common among elite scientists and some of the most peaceful and equitable societies on earth are also the least religious. But believers persist in fearing that godless people are amoral, that unfettered by religion the world would descend into the anarchy and bloodbath depicted in the Left Behind movies.

In reality, when asked about their moral values or what motivates them in life, atheists use words that sound downright spiritual, very much like the words religious people use in fact, with a few noteworthy differences. To create his book, A better Life, Photographer Chris Johnson asked 100 atheists about what gives their lives joy and meaning.

Some of the quotes:

“For me the meaning of life, or the meaning in life, is helping people and loving people . . . The real joy for me is when someone comes up to me and they want to just sit down and share their struggle.” –Teresa MacBain, former minister

“Raising curious, compassionate, strong, and loving children—teaching them to love others and helping them to see the beauty of humanity—that is the most meaningful and joyful responsibility we have.” – Joel Legawiec, pediatric nurse

“I find my joy in justice and equality: in all creatures having opportunities for enjoyment and being treated with fairness, as we all wish and deserve to be treated. . . . While I enjoy the positive feelings of self-improvement, this fire pales compared to the feeling of joy that comes from having contributed something to the greater good.” – Lynnea Glasser, game developer

“You’re like this little blip of light that lasts for a very brief time and you can shine as brightly as you choose.” – Sean Faircloth, author, lawyer, lobbyist

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/11/20_amazing_quotes_from_atheists_that_prove_religion_isnt_necessary_for_a_meaningful_life_partner/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes) Empty Re: New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes)

Post by Eilzel Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:48 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Recently an “educational” pamphlet designed for Christian children made its way around Facebook. It warned God’s little lambs to avoid sour unhappy people called “atheists.” A private school curriculum called Accelerated Christian Education includes cartoons in which the atheist characters are rude, mean and drunk; and bad things happen to them.

Stereotypes like these get echoed sometimes even in Christian books and lectures that are targeted at adults. I once attended a successful megachurch on the  Sunday before Easter. The pastor wanted his audience to be clear that the resurrection of Jesus wasn’t merely some spiritual metaphor. “If the resurrection didn’t literally happen,” he shouted, “there is no reason for us to be here! If the resurrection didn’t literally happen—there are parties to be had! There are women to be had! There are guns to shoot! There are people to shoot!”

You caught the subtext?  Atheists (and even liberal Christians) have no basis for morality. Nothing—and I mean nothing!—stands between a godless person and debauchery or lechery or even violence.

Population demographics suggest otherwise, of course. Atheism is far more common among elite scientists and some of the most peaceful and equitable societies on earth are also  the least religious. But believers persist in fearing that godless people are amoral, that unfettered by religion the world would descend into the anarchy and bloodbath depicted in the  Left Behind movies.

In reality, when asked about their moral values or what motivates them in life, atheists use words that sound downright spiritual, very much like the words religious people use in fact, with a few noteworthy differences. To create his book,  A better Life, Photographer Chris Johnson asked 100 atheists about what gives their lives joy and meaning.

Some of the quotes:

“For me the meaning of life, or the meaning  in life, is helping people and loving people . . . The real joy for me is when someone comes up to me and they want to just sit down and share their struggle.”  –Teresa MacBain, former minister

“Raising curious, compassionate, strong, and loving children—teaching them to love others and helping them to see the beauty of humanity—that is the most meaningful and joyful responsibility we have.”  – Joel Legawiec, pediatric nurse

“I find my joy in justice and equality: in all creatures having opportunities for enjoyment and being treated with fairness, as we all wish and deserve to be treated. . . . While I enjoy the positive feelings of self-improvement, this fire pales compared to the feeling of joy that comes from having contributed something to the greater good.”  – Lynnea Glasser, game developer

“You’re like this little blip of light that lasts for a very brief time and you can shine as brightly as you choose.”  – Sean Faircloth, author, lawyer, lobbyist

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/11/20_amazing_quotes_from_atheists_that_prove_religion_isnt_necessary_for_a_meaningful_life_partner/

Nice quotes there, especially the Sean Faircloth quote, and I intend to make the most of everyday when possible. The problem with religion is you can devote yourself so much (in more extreme cases) where your own life actually loses REAL meaning and you just become a blind sheep...

The real killer to the 'you need religion to be moral' argument is the fact that (I would hope) that any religious person doing charity work for instance, and importantly, not murdering and stealing, upon discovering their faith is a fallacy WOULD NOT suddenly stop doing good and start killing etc. Religion is not a mantle on which to hang your perceived goodness- you are either a good person, or not.

As an atheist I think it is important to find your own meaning in life; for me the main things are loving and learning, as long as I have those I will be eternally grateful to have existed as a blip in time however brief  sunny 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes) Empty Re: New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes)

Post by eddie Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:57 am

Religion is just a label.
I believe in a higher power but don't have to be religious to do this.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:59 am

What higher power do you imagine eds?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:21 am

Eilzel wrote:What higher power do you imagine eds?

Morning les x

Not sure really? I mean, I call it God but I don't think it's a guy sitting in the sky.
I just feel that we are so much more than random chemicals, genes and liquid stuff lol, apologies I'm not great at science!
The moon definitely rules our moods, I truly believe that, and I think the planets have a pull on our consciousness......is that the higher power? Not sure.
I think we all return to this 'light' or power after we have passed away, I am not sure I believe dead is dead? Perhaps that's just the little girl in me that wants to see her dad again though..... I don't know.

I'm not making much sense because I need if think it through, yet when I do, I sometimes get to the whole reincarnation thing and then I think "Hmmmm do I really believe I'll come back as a moose?"

Hahahahahaha don't answer that one HF!!!!  Razz 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:32 am

it would be interesting to know what "christian" group released it... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:35 am

Ok well fair enough we are all entitled to our beliefs Wink

Seriously though if you think the moon and planets effect things then do you imagine that IF we could travel to another planet (a livable one) then our moods would change completely being surrounded by different planets and moons?

I naturally don't agree; since all things in the Universe ARE made of energy which came from the Big Bang I do believe the idea all things are one ultimately but that is more scientific than a personal thought Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:38 am

Eilzel wrote:Ok well fair enough we are all entitled to our beliefs Wink

Seriously though if you think the moon and planets effect things then do you imagine that IF we could travel to another planet (a livable one) then our moods would change completely being surrounded by different planets and moons?

I naturally don't agree; since all things in the Universe ARE made of energy which came from the Big Bang I do believe the idea all things are one ultimately but that is more scientific than a personal thought Smile

lol...the big bang, my my how gullible are you... :D 

mind you as long as it means God didn't do it I guess ignorance is bliss... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:41 am

Stupid...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:45 am

Eilzel wrote:Stupid...

yes you are, have you seen how poorly the big bang stands up to scrutiny... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:46 am

I would still love to know who produced this pamphlet...any links to it?? :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:02 pm

It was this group:

http://objectiveministries.org/kidz/

New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes) Crochety-old-mr-gruff-tiger-lilly-jan-28

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:It was this group:

New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes) Crochety-old-mr-gruff-tiger-lilly-jan-28

Seriously? This is designed for kids??? New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes) Wtf_213

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:35 pm

Everyone is free to choose their own belief.

Whether you believe in religion or not its a very personal matter.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:45 pm

pamphlet it's a single page...i think it is so much nicer than kill those who oppose islam banners..

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:10 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:It was this group:

Seriously? This is designed for kids??? New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes) Wtf_213

It's just brainwashing of the worst kind, but some will justify it by saying that they're not the only ones who do it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

It's just brainwashing of the worst kind, but some will justify it by saying that they're not the only ones who do it.

and the constant barrage of gay is ok at school on the tv, in movies isn't brainwashing... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

I agree Ben, I looked at the website  Sad Poor kids don't stand a chance, disgusting New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes) Smile147

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:18 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

and the constant barrage of gay is ok at school on the tv, in movies isn't brainwashing... :D 

It is, because it's objectively OK to be gay, nothing in the nature of being gay makes someone a bad person. It's not like they're telling kids to go off and kill people, or saying that gay people are going to "lash out at children" or anything.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

It is, because it's objectively OK to be gay, nothing in the nature of being gay makes someone a bad person. It's not like they're telling kids to go off and kill people, or saying that gay people are going to "lash out at children" or anything.

and what about being a believer makes you a bad person...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:28 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

and what about being a believer makes you a bad person...

If you use your belief (whatever belief it may be) to oppress, stifle or cause suffering, you're a bad person, I don't care what your beliefs are.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:44 pm

Eilzel wrote:Ok well fair enough we are all entitled to our beliefs Wink

Erm yes. You don't think an atmosphere on a different planet could change our mood???
Doesn't the moon control the tide and aren't we made of 90% water???

And if we are all part of a Big Bang aren't we then, part of that energy?
What is energy if not atmosphere too?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:22 am

eddie wrote:Religion is just a label.
I believe in a higher power but don't have to be religious to do this.

that is Agnosticism

I am proudly Agnostic  :D :D :D  You can be many flavour of Agnostic; Monothiest, Polythiest, non-theist
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Stereotypes like these get echoed sometimes even in Christian books and lectures that are targeted at adults. I once attended a successful megachurch on the  Sunday before Easter. The pastor wanted his audience to be clear that the resurrection of Jesus wasn’t merely some spiritual metaphor. “If the resurrection didn’t literally happen,” he shouted, “there is no reason for us to be here! If the resurrection didn’t literally happen—there are parties to be had! There are women to be had! There are guns to shoot! There are people to shoot!”

You caught the subtext?  Atheists (and even liberal Christians) have no basis for morality. Nothing—and I mean nothing!—stands between a godless person and debauchery or lechery or even violence.

Population demographics suggest otherwise, of course. Atheism is far more common among elite scientists and some of the most peaceful and equitable societies on earth are also  the least religious. But believers persist in fearing that godless people are amoral, that unfettered by religion the world would descend into the anarchy and bloodbath depicted in the  Left Behind movies.

In reality, when asked about their moral values or what motivates them in life, atheists use words that sound downright spiritual, very much like the words religious people use in fact, with a few noteworthy differences. To create his book,  A better Life, Photographer Chris Johnson asked 100 atheists about what gives their lives joy and meaning.

Some of the quotes:

“For me the meaning of life, or the meaning  in life, is helping people and loving people . . . The real joy for me is when someone comes up to me and they want to just sit down and share their struggle.”  –Teresa MacBain, former minister

“Raising curious, compassionate, strong, and loving children—teaching them to love others and helping them to see the beauty of humanity—that is the most meaningful and joyful responsibility we have.”  – Joel Legawiec, pediatric nurse

“I find my joy in justice and equality: in all creatures having opportunities for enjoyment and being treated with fairness, as we all wish and deserve to be treated. . . . While I enjoy the positive feelings of self-improvement, this fire pales compared to the feeling of joy that comes from having contributed something to the greater good.”  – Lynnea Glasser, game developer

“You’re like this little blip of light that lasts for a very brief time and you can shine as brightly as you choose.”  – Sean Faircloth, author, lawyer, lobbyist

the above quotes sound very much like the teachings of Jesus

showing compassion

loving others

treating others as you would have them treat you

all very biblical

try as you might

you cannot get away from the fact that you atheist have a moral compass based on Christianity after all you do live in christian countries

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:12 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Some of the quotes:

showing compassion

loving others

all very biblical

try as you might

you cannot get away from the fact that you atheist have a moral compass based on Christianity after all you do live in christian countries  

People have similar moral compasses in the Far-East, without Christianity, funny that isn't it, almost like there is an intrinsic notion to get along and treat people as you want to be treated- in fact Confucius wrote something along those lines before the Bible ever showed up...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:39 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

showing compassion

loving others

all very biblical

try as you might

People have similar moral compasses in the Far-East, without Christianity, funny that isn't it, almost like there is an intrinsic notion to get along and treat people as you want to be treated- in fact Confucius wrote something along those lines before the Bible ever showed up...

you mean like china and north Korea???

yeah i hear they love compassion and human rights stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:47 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Not really; more like Thailand, Japan, Vietnam, certainly many Chinese people (not so much the government) and many others yes; the people there are as moral as anywhere in the west. Taking two countries with dictatorships is hardly representative of a nations morality.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:25 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

Not really; more like Thailand, Japan, Vietnam, certainly many Chinese people (not so much the government) and many others yes; the people there are as moral as anywhere in the west. Taking two countries with dictatorships is hardly representative of a nations morality.

thailand, with child prostitution, great moral compass, hmm japan ask some ex soldiers about their moral compass, vietnam hmm kids working to death, chinese oh yeah very big on freedom of rights...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:29 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

thailand, with child prostitution, great moral compass, hmm japan ask some ex soldiers about their moral compass, vietnam hmm kids working to death, chinese oh yeah very big on freedom of rights...

Every country has bad things that go on- how about Catholic Venezuela or Christian South Africa- highest genocide and rape crime rates on Earth respectively- only a retard would assume therefore the Christian moral compasses of those countries is the problem.

I lived in Thailand, and have a number of Chinese friends as well as having traveled in China, I know exactly how good the majority of people I met there are. You really need to actually get out in to the real world before passing utterly ignorant comments.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Eilzel wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

The fact is Les you have good and bad people everywhere in every culture and nation! Stating otherwise is just plain ignorance.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:34 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

The fact is Les you have good and bad people everywhere in every culture and nation! Stating otherwise is just plain ignorance.

Exactly right Sexy  Smile 

To claim some countries are better purely due to having a particular faith and religious background is nonesense- and flies in the fact of contrary evidence.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Eilzel wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

To claim some countries are better purely due to having a particular faith and religious background is nonesense- and flies in the fact of contrary evidence.

Exactly x

When are you off to Thailand again?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Every country has bad things that go on- how about Catholic Venezuela or Christian South Africa- highest genocide and rape crime rates on Earth respectively- only a retard would assume therefore the Christian moral compasses of those countries is the problem.

I lived in Thailand, and have a number of Chinese friends as well as having traveled in China, I know exactly how good the majority of people I met there are. You really need to actually get out in to the real world before passing utterly ignorant comments.

i've traveled a great deal of the world thank you very much...

so thailand is a haunt for peados thats good moral compass is it...

china keeps its people oppressed interesting moral compass...

Christian south Africa, is that a new country you have invented, and not to mention the sudden sweeping generalisation after complaining about others doing it..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:40 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Exactly x

The end of May- we are counting down the weeks  Smile 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:41 pm

Eilzel wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Exactly x

I can imagine!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Eilzel wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Exactly x

I know it must seem like a lifetime Les New book explores what gives atheists' lives meaning (awesome quotes) Hug44xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:43 pm

that figures... :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:45 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Christian south Africa, is that a new country you have invented, and not to mention the sudden sweeping generalisation  after complaining about others doing it..lol

You clearly haven't been to Thailand if you judge it immoral, the nicest people I ever met in the world; and you cannot judge China based on its government any more than you could judge the Spanish by Franco or the British by Cromwell.

You are just being thick. Venezuela in a 100% Christian country, it has the worse homicide rate in the world; SA is 75% Christian with the worst rape figures in the world. Great moral compasses- oh wait they are Christian! The point is I don't make that dense connection because it doesn't exist.

I doubt you even have the intelligence to understand the stupidness of your generalizations
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:49 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Christian south Africa, is that a new country you have invented, and not to mention the sudden sweeping generalisation  after complaining about others doing it..lol

You clearly haven't been to Thailand if you judge it immoral, the nicest people I ever met in the world; and you cannot judge China based on its government any more than you could judge the Spanish by Franco or the British by Cromwell.

You are just being thick. Venezuela in a 100% Christian country, it has the worse homicide rate in the world; SA is 75% Christian with the worst rape figures in the world. Great moral compasses- oh wait they are Christian! The point is I don't make that dense connection because it doesn't exist.

I doubt you even have the intelligence to understand the stupidness of your generalizations

moral thailand are you crazy....

if they are killing and raping they are not Christians at all, you might get British writing CofE, who have never entered a church, being born in a Christian country does not make you a Christian..lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:55 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

if they are killing and raping they are not Christians at all, you might get British writing CofE, who have never entered a church, being born in a Christian country does not make you a Christian..lol

And you totally miss the point....

Venezuela is a Christian country. The people there are of descent from Spanish people who settled there long ago. According to Wikipedia the country is 100% Christian with most being Catholic. The moral under pinning and so moral compass there is, according to your logic, a Christian morality. Yet regardless of that fact the murder rate is higher than anywhere else on Earth. Why is that?

There will of course be a number of reasons; I simply used Venezuela to demonstrate how you cannot cite a nations religious culture as a good grounding for a nations morality; also how every country regardless of how faithful it is, will still have problems.

As for Thailand, it is indeed very moral; incredibly charitable, everyone friendly wanting to help one another; there is a neighborliness sadly lacking in the UK thesedays and more trust than I've ever know- ultra respect for elderly people and kids respect grown ups as they should. You wouldn't have the first clue.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:56 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Oh so now you are saying there is more to being a Christians, where as you said all you need to do is believe in Jesus before?
How odd, you said even murderers can be forgiven by receiving Jesus and thus be Christians, even if they continue to kill.

How odd indeed and your post "that figures" what does?

I wonder if you have the guts to say what you are implying in regards to Eizlel, or are you that much of a despicable person all the time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:00 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

Oh so now you are saying there is more to being a Christians, where as you said all you need to do is believe in Jesus before?
How odd, you said even murderers can be forgiven by receiving Jesus and thus be Christians, even if they continue to kill.

I wonder if you have the guts to say what you are implying in regards to Eizlel, or are you that much of a despicable person all the time?    

again you miss understand, big surprise..not..

you can say you are born in a Christian country, no country is Christian, followers of Christ are, Christians are people who have given their lives to Christ, it is an individual choice for each person to make, your country cannot make you a Christian. :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:00 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

I got what he was implying; it is his level of gutter bile to suggest such a thing- then again we know people with strong religious feeling often obsess over such matters  Evil or Very Mad 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:02 pm

heavenly father wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

you can say you are born in a Christian country, no country is Christian, followers of Christ are, Christians are people who have given their lives to Christ, it is an  individual choice for each person to make, your country cannot make you a Christian. :D 

Your brain fails you again... this whole debate became about how Christianity underpins peoples moral compass in the UK- if that is true of the UK then it is also true of Venezuela- when clearly morality in Britain and Venezuela lead to drastically different societies.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Eilzel wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

I got what he was implying; it is his level of gutter bile to suggest such a thing- then again we know people with strong religious feeling often obsess over such matters  Evil or Very Mad 

Indeed, I found that post just another example of the old Giggat is the same as he always has been, same absurd stereotypes held against people, and he thinks it is funny also to boot, which is even more disgusting.
What a pin up poster boy he is for Christianity, but yeah maybe that is why many are turning to atheism, one chat with HF is enough to convince anyone no deity exists

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

you can say you are born in a Christian country, no country is Christian, followers of Christ are, Christians are people who have given their lives to Christ, it is an  individual choice for each person to make, your country cannot make you a Christian. :D 

Your brain fails you again... this whole debate became about how Christianity underpins peoples moral compass in the UK- if that is true of the UK then it is also true of Venezuela- when clearly morality in Britain and Venezuela lead to drastically different societies.

if they are living as Christians it will underpin your moral values, if you are CofE but don't believe it will not, now do you understand...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Indeed, I found that post just another example of the old Giggat is the same as he always has been, same absurd stereotypes held against people, and he thinks it is funny also to boot, which is even more disgusting.
What a pin up poster boy he is for Christianity, but yeah maybe that is why many are turning to atheism, one chat with HF is enough to convince anyone no deity exists

I agree, the venom he spouts in a cloak of Christianity is exactly the worse kind of fanatical crap that puts many people off religion in this country- all the better for one-offs like him then I say!

I do find it ironic however we have Sexy and Zack here, so nice, so reasonable and intelligent and Muslims; must drive the friendly neighbourhood Christians smelly and HF insane  lol! 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:11 pm

heavenly father wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

if they are living as Christians it will underpin your moral values, if you are CofE but don't believe it will not, now do you understand...

So you don't think Christianity has anything to do with the moral compass of the UK in general then?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Eilzel wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

I agree, the venom he spouts in a cloak of Christianity is exactly the worse kind of fanatical crap that puts many people off religion in this country- all the better for one-offs like him then I say!

I do find it ironic however we have Sexy and Zack here, so nice, so reasonable and intelligent and Muslims; must drive the friendly neighbourhood Christians smelly and HF insane  lol! 

lol so very true indeed Eilzel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Eilzel wrote:
heavenly father wrote:

So you don't think Christianity has anything to do with the moral compass of the UK in general then?

it has everything to do with a moral code but only if you believe the bible and live as a Christian, if you pay it lips service, go to church, hatch, match and dispatch i doubt it would effect much..
your country cannot chose for you to be a Christian only each individual can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next