NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fashion faux pas.

+4
Original Quill
Victorismyhero
Vintage
Syl
8 posters

Go down

Fashion faux pas. Empty Fashion faux pas.

Post by Syl Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:14 pm

Oooops.

"Meghan had a rare dress fail as she and Prince Harry landed in Tonga today. The label on her form-fitting red dress could still clearly be seen as the royal pair got off the plane on the tenth day of their tour. The £345 red floral Self Portrait dress mirrored the colour of the Tongan flag."

Fashion faux pas. Sei_3611

Fashion faux pas. Sei_3610

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/25/dress-fail-for-meghan-who-leaves-label-showing-on-345-frock-8072726/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Fashion faux pas. Empty Re: Fashion faux pas.

Post by Vintage Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Maybe they intend to send it back?
Isn't that a social faux pas to point it out publicly?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:22 pm

oh wow

why the hell does it matter ffs....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:52 pm

I like his shoes.  They appear to be Clark's Desert Boots, in a dark brown colour.  Sheik-casual with a lightweight, summer-cotton suit.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:02 pm

Syl wrote:Oooops.

"Meghan had a rare dress fail as she and Prince Harry landed in Tonga today. The label on her form-fitting red dress could still clearly be seen as the royal pair got off the plane on the tenth day of their tour. The £345 red floral Self Portrait dress mirrored the colour of the Tongan flag."

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/25/dress-fail-for-meghan-who-leaves-label-showing-on-345-frock-8072726/

Ah, but imagine the late, great Queen Salote Tupou the Third of Tonga worrying about such things. Oh boy, what a woman!!!!!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:54 pm

Lord Foul wrote:oh wow

why the hell does it matter ffs....

On the grand scale of things it doesn't matter....as a conversation about gossipy rubbish, it's incredibly important. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:I like his shoes.  They appear to be Clark's Desert Boots, in a dark brown colour.  Sheik-casual with a lightweight, summer-cotton suit.

I cant see Prince Harry wearing common old Clarks shoes....they are probably made to measure designer boots that cost a fortune....they go with his suit though...he looks great.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Vintage wrote:Maybe they intend to send it back?
Isn't that a social faux pas to point it out publicly?

Are you joking Vintage, it's what the paparazzi live for. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:59 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:Oooops.

Ah, but imagine the late, great Queen Salote Tupou the Third of Tonga worrying about such things. Oh boy, what a woman!!!!!

Off to google...
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Off to google...

She was a guest at the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth in 1953, and as I recall from some of the newsreels at the time (Yep! I was 14 year old grammar schoolboy at the time) her presence almost upstaged that of our own Queen.

Imposing is too weak a word!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:16 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I like his shoes.  They appear to be Clark's Desert Boots, in a dark brown colour.  Sheik-casual with a lightweight, summer-cotton suit.

I cant see Prince Harry wearing common old Clarks shoes....they are probably made to measure designer boots that cost a fortune....they go with his suit though...he looks great.

Why?? You can get Clark's for about $120, less at one of their outlet stores. They are clearly Clark knock-offs, if they are not real. Why pay more than the original for knock-offs? Harry doesn't strike me as a conspicuous consumption type.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Why??  You can get Clark's for about $120, less at one of their outlet stores.  They are clearly Clark knock-offs, if they are not real.  Why pay more than the original for knock-offs?  Harry doesn't strike me as a conspicuous consumption type.

Why pay more? thats the sensible way of thinking Quill not the Royal way....though I'm sure the royal males are not quite as extravagant as the women...and Harry does seem to be more grounded than many.

However I dont think the Royal family are known to shop on the high street, some may recycle their clothes, the Queen. Princess Anne and Diana often did, they would turn up in an outfit they had worn years before......not sure Meghan will do the same.
Her latest atrocity....designer dress is reported to have cost up to £10.000 depending on which account you read.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/meghan-markle-stuns-monochrome-ball-13482639

Fashion faux pas. NINTCHDBPICT000444621591
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:23 pm

Just noticed the man on the left of that pic /\ is a dead ringer for Rod Stewart,
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:02 pm

I disagree with royals wearing these very expensive clothes in today's austerity climate, tho I understand the many reasons why they do.

Skinny Meghan has got curves at long last. booby shake Glorious curves, bursting out everywhere!!  Those pregnancy hormones have her blooming & blossoming & glowing. Pregnancy has a truly magical effect on the human body.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:12 pm

I'm always amazed how much these dresses cost, while I understand its very hands on the seamstresses don't get that much money. what's this one, a few yards of net, I suppose the top layer is the expensive bit but £10,000 or so? That said I quite like it, wouldn't wear it though.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi Vintage. Yep, sadly those at the bottom of the pile don't get much, they never do.

It's like the building of iconic buildings. The architect who sits in a comfy, plush leather chair and sketches the design gets millions of £££'s - while the workers who toil laboriously for months/years in all weathers to lay the bricks get paid the least amount and some perish in the process.
Fashion faux pas. 473px-Palace_of_Versailles_%285987331118%29

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:55 pm

Smile

Meghan reportedly wore dresses by Aussie designers at the beginning and end of the Invictus Games...

How much they might be "worth" would be pure conjecture on the part of young female journo's attempting to outdo one another with their gossip fest..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Syl wrote:Why pay more? thats the sensible way of thinking Quill not the Royal way....though I'm sure the royal males are not quite as extravagant as the women...and Harry does seem to be more grounded than many.

Knock-offs are a way of getting something that looks the same, and paying less. The point is to suggest the original is the prototype...the better, so to speak. It doesn't make economic sense to upgrade a lesser...just select another, better shoe, like Bally.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Why pay more? thats the sensible way of thinking Quill not the Royal way....though I'm sure the royal males are not quite as extravagant as the women...and Harry does seem to be more grounded than many.

Knock-offs are a way of getting something that looks the same, and paying less.  The point is to suggest the original is the prototype...the better, so to speak.  It doesn't make economic sense to upgrade a lesser...just select another, better shoe, like Bally.  

Knock offs are usually cheap if not nasty, OK for the trend of throwaway fashion which seems to be ruling the high street now.
I agree if you cant afford the original pick something cheaper but still of good quality.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:07 pm

Why do these women feel the need to spend thousands on clothes? It's not as if they look particularly expensive, and who cares anyway? It's just silly.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Why do these women feel the need to spend thousands on clothes? It's not as if they look particularly expensive, and who cares anyway? It's just silly.

She should take advice and curtail her extravagant spending part funded by the British taxpayer.
She is popular, but that could change if she keeps buying such expensive clothes.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:33 pm

Does she buy her own stuff or does Charles foot the bill as with William and Kate, out of the Duchy of Cornwall and the Queen's tax payers allowance that he gets some of.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:45 pm

Vintage wrote:Does she buy her own stuff or does Charles foot the bill as with William and Kate, out of the Duchy of Cornwall and the Queen's tax payers allowance that he gets some of.

She will be entitled, now she has married into the higher ranks of the royal family, to money from the sovereign grant..I think it used to be called the privy purse, in any case it's  tax payers money, and is now worth 45 plus million per year.
When she was sigle and self funding she could spend what she liked on clothes....but with privilege comes responsibility.
Millions are struggling, spending 10 grand on a dress, which she will probably only wear once, is obscene imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:04 am

Charles does fund a lot of his stuff from the Duchy of Cornwall which is run as a going concern, he does get money from the civil list as Prince of Wales.

I know the Royal women use home grown fashion houses to boost their international business, Kate uses High Street fashions as well, not ones I would use though, £400 for a dress however nice is not something I would consider paying but I suppose they have to look good, so £400 may be a bargain. I wear my shoes until they can't be worn any more but £575 for a pair of shoes they may be made for you and you get your wear maybe over the years but really?
Kate and Meghan are too thin, I think at least, I don't expect them to be my size and I know clothes look better on a stick but they need a bit of flesh on them.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:43 am

If she uses public money, she has a duty to give value for money to the tax payers, and I don't think that spending thousands on a frock is good value for money.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If she uses public money, she has a duty to give value for money to the tax payers, and I don't think that spending thousands on a frock is  good value for money.

Kate is contributing in the best, perhaps most personal way...with her womb.  Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:19 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:If she uses public money, she has a duty to give value for money to the tax payers, and I don't think that spending thousands on a frock is  good value for money.

Kate is contributing in the best, perhaps most personal way...with her womb.  Laughing
So did Diana, she produced a heir and a spare, and was treated like a leper for her trouble.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:31 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

So did Diana, she produced a heir and a spare, and was treated like a leper for her trouble.

But justice comes to the surface.  Look how popular the boys are, particularly the ginger one. I attribute it to the waning influence of the Germans in the royal bloodline.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

But justice comes to the surface.  Look how popular the boys are, particularly the ginger one.  I attribute it to the waning influence of the Germans in the royal bloodline.

Justice came to the surface sadly too late for her.
I attribute their popularity to the way they were treated when she was alive...she loved them and replaced the cold upbringing of previous royal children with a more emotional and down to earth childhood.
Thanks to her the royal family are popular again, without her influence it would be a very different royalty today.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down