NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British army troops will be given a new fitness test next year which NOBODY can fail

Go down

British army troops will be given a new fitness test next year which NOBODY can fail Empty British army troops will be given a new fitness test next year which NOBODY can fail

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:11 pm

When the British Army decided to drop its famous ‘Be the Best’ motto because top brass felt it was too elitist, Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson stepped in to save it.

Now The Mail on Sunday can reveal that troops taking an important new fitness test won’t be able to fail it.

A leaked document reveals that the current Personal Fitness Assessment (PFA), in which soldiers must reach certain targets to achieve a pass and therefore be eligible to go to war, will be replaced next April by the ‘Soldier Conditioning Review’ (SCR), for which there is ‘not a pass or fail’.

The document states: ‘The SCR is not a critical test, but results may indicate the need for personnel to attend additional fitness training (ie remedial training).’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6223131/British-army-troops-given-new-fitness-test-year-fail.html

Words fail me

Back to top Go down

British army troops will be given a new fitness test next year which NOBODY can fail Empty Re: British army troops will be given a new fitness test next year which NOBODY can fail

Post by Vintage Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:29 pm

Before long our 'armed services' will be sitting in comfy armchairs, with tea and doughnuts, hurling insults at the enemy - oh wait they couldn't, someone might be offended.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

British army troops will be given a new fitness test next year which NOBODY can fail Empty Re: British army troops will be given a new fitness test next year which NOBODY can fail

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:32 pm

Vintage wrote:Before long our 'armed services' will be sitting in comfy armchairs, with tea and doughnuts, hurling insults at the enemy - oh wait they couldn't, someone might be offended.

lol, but it is becoming a joke. British soldiers are renowned for being some of the best and toughest troops there is in the world.

What knows what will happen now, with this measure of training.

Have a good day Vintage

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Didge wrote:When the British Army decided to drop its famous ‘Be the Best’ motto because top brass felt it was too elitist, Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson stepped in to save it.

Now The Mail on Sunday can reveal that troops taking an important new fitness test won’t be able to fail it.

A leaked document reveals that the current Personal Fitness Assessment (PFA), in which soldiers must reach certain targets to achieve a pass and therefore be eligible to go to war, will be replaced next April by the ‘Soldier Conditioning Review’ (SCR), for which there is ‘not a pass or fail’.

The document states: ‘The SCR is not a critical test, but results may indicate the need for personnel to attend additional fitness training (ie remedial training).’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6223131/British-army-troops-given-new-fitness-test-year-fail.html

Words fail me

when my uncle was in the army he qualified for the marines. they had to do a 10 mile run and the instructor told them only the first 3 will be accepted as passed. anyone who comes in 4th or more will have to do the whole trek again. when they were coming to the finish my uncle and two others overtook the instructor and the 3 of them came in before the instructor. the instructor ended up being 4th despite leading them all. so the first 3 told him ''you have to do it again now''. he did too

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:37 pm

It seems everything good about Britain is being dismantled.
You too Didge.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:04 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:When the British Army decided to drop its famous ‘Be the Best’ motto because top brass felt it was too elitist, Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson stepped in to save it.

Words fail me

when my uncle was in the army he qualified for the marines.  they had to do a 10 mile run and the instructor told them only the first 3 will be accepted as passed.  anyone who comes in 4th or more will have to do the whole trek again.  when they were coming to the finish my uncle and two others overtook the instructor and the 3 of them came in before the instructor.  the instructor ended up being 4th despite leading them all.  so the first 3 told him ''you have to do it again now''.  he did too

I love how you retell stories Gelico Laughing

But this is what I mean, we have a very high standard of selection and believe because there is less people coming forward to joining the armed forces. This is whay they are diluting the qualification process.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down