NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Cameron blasted for breaking manifesto promise on giving power to boot out corrupt MPs

Go down

David Cameron blasted for breaking manifesto promise on giving power to boot out corrupt MPs  Empty David Cameron blasted for breaking manifesto promise on giving power to boot out corrupt MPs

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:00 pm

David Cameron blasted for breaking manifesto promise on giving power to boot out corrupt MPs  9k=

David Cameron: Broken promises

A Tory MP has blasted David Cameron for breaking his pledge to give voters powers to boot out corrupt MPs.

The PM had backed a move to let voters “recall” MPs sent to jail or found guilty of “serious wrongdoing”.

It was put in the Tories’ election manifesto after the 2009 expenses scandal and was part of the Coalition Agreement.

But after the PM’s U-turn, backbencher Zac Goldsmith said: “I’m ashamed of my party. I think David Cameron has behaved appallingly.

"This was a very straightforward pledge.”

The Lib Dems were also furious.

President Tim Farron said: “It seems wrong that an MP can be in position for five years, get up to inappropriate things and not be held to account.”

Campaign group 38 Degrees said public trust in politics would be further undermined, adding: “This Government has constantly chipped away at our ability to have our voices heard.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/corrupt-mps-david-cameron-blasted-3147308#ixzz2tOo1ZQxc
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

No  He's obviously trying to protect the corrupt Tory MP's that exist within his cabinet.
Get these fuckers out now!

Back to top Go down

David Cameron blasted for breaking manifesto promise on giving power to boot out corrupt MPs  Empty Re: David Cameron blasted for breaking manifesto promise on giving power to boot out corrupt MPs

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Only one snag in your argument, if you check out the list of those charged with corruption, I think you'll find the majority of MPs are Labour!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_Parliamentary_expenses_scandal

Back to top Go down

David Cameron blasted for breaking manifesto promise on giving power to boot out corrupt MPs  Empty Re: David Cameron blasted for breaking manifesto promise on giving power to boot out corrupt MPs

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Tess. wrote:Only one snag in your argument, if you check out the list of those charged with corruption, I think you'll find the majority of MPs are Labour!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_Parliamentary_expenses_scandal

It's one of the many inconvenient truths that Labour would like to keep hidden.

No MP, regardless of party, should be allowed to retain his seat after being convicted of an indictable criminal offence, and I personally support the idea of possible "recall" by constituents.

Cameron is wrong in this case, in my opinion.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Typical, just like he has backed out of raising taxes for the super rich...

Quick to pick on the poor with his austerity measures though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:06 pm

Joy Division wrote:Typical, just like he has backed out of raising taxes for the super rich...

Quick to pick on the poor with his austerity measures though.

He had to JD, else he would have lost the majority of his cabinet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down