NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Cameron on extremism: Parents to get power to cancel children's passports

Go down

David Cameron on extremism: Parents to get power to cancel children's passports Empty David Cameron on extremism: Parents to get power to cancel children's passports

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:39 pm

These are the key points outlined by David Cameron:

• Ability for parents to confiscate passports of their children if they fear they will travel to Syria
• Money for those groups willing to lead reform and spread an “alternative narrative”
• New powers to tackle cult leaders and those spreading extremist messages
• Extra powers for Ofcom in tackling foreign channels which promote messages of hate
• Encourage universities to denounce speeches by Islamist extremists
• Avoid social housing where people living there are only from one ethnic background
• Reducing segregation in schools through measures such as shared school sites, teaching across school sites and supporting the creation of new free schools in the most segregated areas

The speech seems to have been well-received by most.

James Bloodworth, the Left Food Forward editor, says:

This is the most nuanced speech Cameron has made on extremism. Surprisingly good.
— James Bloodworth (@J_Bloodworth) July 20, 2015

Sunny Hundal, the journalist and commentator, adds:

Cameron's speech on extremism more nuanced and interesting than media briefings suggested. Will make it difficult to oppose, for many.
— Sunny Hundal (@sunny_hundal) July 20, 2015

Chief Rabbi Pinches Goldschmidt, president of the Conference of European Rabbis:
David Cameron on extremism: Parents to get power to cancel children's passports Quotes_1817837a I welcome David Cameron’s comments on antisemitism and his commitment to fighting extremism. Across Europe we are all feeling vulnerable and it is vital that leaders across Europe stand up to protect us all. But political will is not enough, we as religious communities must take the lead. Only we know what is going on in our communities and we must work with politicians in this fight. It is our role to educate our communities about the peaceful aspects of our religions and ensure they know the dangers of extremism.”

Never thought i'd ever say this but awesome speech by David Cameron!
— Word (@Nluf15) July 20, 2015

I can't believe my fingers are typing this but I can't disagree with hardly any of David Cameron speech
— chris clark (@ChrisangClark) July 20, 2015

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11750513/david-cameron-plan-to-tackle-isil-extremism-live.html

Back to top Go down

David Cameron on extremism: Parents to get power to cancel children's passports Empty Re: David Cameron on extremism: Parents to get power to cancel children's passports

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:33 pm

Why would parents need permission to confiscate their children's passport?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

David Cameron on extremism: Parents to get power to cancel children's passports Empty Re: David Cameron on extremism: Parents to get power to cancel children's passports

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Why would parents need permission to confiscate their children's passport?

Bit badly worded I guess, as what it means is parents will be able to aplly to have their child's passport cancelled if under the age of 16.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down