NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Emotional moments in your life that you will never forget.

+3
Fred Moletrousers
eddie
Syl
7 posters

Go down

Emotional moments in your life that you will never forget. Empty Emotional moments in your life that you will never forget.

Post by Syl Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:29 pm

We have all had them, it could be a life changing moment or one that wouldnt affect someone else but has left a mark on you.
Love at first sight, buying your first car, seeing a loved ones face when something lovely happens....it can be sad,
saying goodbye, facing illness, losing a parent or worse a child.

One of mine is seeing my son aged about 9 or 10 competing in a school race. He had practiced, built up his speed, on the day just as the end was in sight one of his classmates fell, he stopped and helped him compete the course, I think they came in joint last.

I was so proud I almost cried. Laughing

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Emotional moments in your life that you will never forget. Empty Re: Emotional moments in your life that you will never forget.

Post by Syl Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:38 pm

Another special moment, when I was around 11 my best friend at the time, was going on holiday for a week to Blackpool with her parents.

They asked my mum if I could go with them, (Linda was an only child and her parents thought it would be nice to have a friend along) They offered to pay for me knowing my mum had little money. Being proud my mum insisted that she would pay for my boarding house and food...so she scrimped and scraped to get the money together.

The night before I went she had a surprise for me, she had collected in an old tobacco tin every sixpenny and shilling piece she could manage, even a few 2 bobs and a couple of half crowns...just for spending money..
I will never forget the look on her face as she gave it to me.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Emotional moments in your life that you will never forget. Empty Re: Emotional moments in your life that you will never forget.

Post by eddie Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:15 pm

Syl, I loved that story about your mum. It brought a lump to my throat.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:02 pm

eddie wrote:Syl, I loved that story about your mum. It brought a lump to my throat.

Thanks Eddie, it is a special memory for me.

Share one or more of yours with us, I bet you have loads. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Coming home from the hospital on the night that my wife died after a long battle against cancer, depressed and with the thought that I faced loneliness for the rest of my own life, to be greeted by her devoted dog who remained my own loving and faithful companion until she herself died five years later.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:20 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:Coming home from the hospital on the night that my wife died after a long battle against cancer, depressed and with the thought that I faced loneliness for the rest of my own life, to be greeted by her devoted dog who remained my own loving and faithful companion until she herself died five years later.
How alone you must have felt. I dont think it's possible to forget those emotions, they may fade a bit with time but they are always there.
I remember you talking about your dog in the past...she must have given you hope and the will to carry on and live your life..and find happiness again. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:24 pm

When I first saw my OH. I worked in a night club and had called for a cab, he was the cabby, he walked in and winked at me.
I acted very cool because I thought he was cocky.....but I think it was actually love at first sight, that was in 1973, had loads of ups and downs but we are still together.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:25 pm

The day my dad passed away. It’s goung to be 20 years this November.
He was only 44 years old. He was my best friend.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:18 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:The day my dad passed away. It’s goung to be 20 years this November.

That's too young. He was just a babe himself. Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:35 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:Coming home from the hospital on the night that my wife died after a long battle against cancer, depressed and with the thought that I faced loneliness for the rest of my own life, to be greeted by her devoted dog who remained my own loving and faithful companion until she herself died five years later.

That's so sad; I remember when my dad died, and thinking about how that must have felt for my mother to come home after that day.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:59 pm

I felt the same when my dad died and we returned to my parent’s house.
I remember the thing that was most upsetting was seeing my dad’s slippers, that he would never wear again, and a book, that he would never be finished.

I’d have read it “for” him but it looked shit, to be fair.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:24 pm

So many things that I'll never forget . First my baby girls who both went to be with the Lord before they had a chance to experience life, no reason no illness just they were never meant to be here for long . Then my first son was born and he is now 32 then a second blessing with a second son who is 28, I do have mixed memories of my wedding day where the venue we booked went bankrupt then we were offered another venue and that burnt down so we didn't have a night do we just had a reception then someone git stole the bottom part of the wedding cake lol. My brothers sudden death which shocked our family to the point of my mum wanting to die and dad wondering if someone had hurt him in anyway , but it was myocarditis aged just 31 . Moving on some years the first time we went to Walt disney world in florida , wow what a holiday the boys loved it and so did we . After that we've been back 5 times.The birth of my one and only grandson was a most amazing thing to happen to me , we have a bond that i never dreamed of , he loves me so much and he tells me so often, he say's 'nanna you are my beautiful Princess and you are a cupcake I love you He's only 6 of course and he brings sunshine to my heart, we have some special song we sing together 'you are my sunshine' who is the king of the jungle ? I've got the joy joy joy down in my heart. I taught him to swim when he was not even a year old , when he goes home I say ' see you later alligator and he replies with 'in a while crocodile.You can see how special this boy is to me lol .Many many happy holidays too with my eldest son wife and grandson , one memory that will always make me sad is losing my dad last April , I don't think I can ever get over that , I was his only daughter after 3 son's and there was just nobody like my dad as any daughter knows our dad's are our hero . We've had a very bad 18 months , January brought a tragedy that i can't mention then a month ago my great nephew aged only 13 years was knocked off a bike and was fighting for his life , he lost half of his foot which has been repaired with muscle and skin graft and he suffered no brain damage which is a miracle after the head injury he suffered. Sorry this was the longest post I've ever made i think and probably the most boring lol xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:16 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:So many things that I'll never forget . First my baby girls who both went to be with the Lord before they had a chance to experience life, no reason no illness just they were never meant to be here for long . Then my first son was born and he is now 32  then a second blessing with a second son who is 28, I do have mixed memories of my wedding day where the venue we booked went bankrupt then we were offered another venue and that burnt down so we didn't have a night do we just had a reception then someone git stole the bottom part of the wedding cake lol. My brothers sudden death which shocked our family to the point of my mum wanting to die and dad wondering if someone had hurt him in anyway , but it was myocarditis aged just 31 . Moving on some years the first time we went to Walt disney world in florida , wow what a holiday the boys loved it and so did we . After that we've been back 5 times.The birth of my one and only grandson was a most amazing thing to happen to me , we have a bond that i never dreamed of , he loves me so much and he tells me so often, he say's 'nanna you are my beautiful Princess and you are a cupcake I love you He's only 6 of course and he brings sunshine to my heart, we have some  special song we sing together 'you are my sunshine' who is the king of the jungle ? I've got the joy joy joy down in my heart. I taught him to swim when he was not even a year old , when he goes home I say ' see you later alligator and he replies with 'in a while crocodile.You can see how special this boy is to me lol .Many many happy holidays too with my eldest son wife and grandson , one memory that will always make me sad is losing my dad last April , I don't think I can ever get over that , I was his only daughter after 3 son's and there was just nobody like my dad as any daughter knows our dad's are our hero . We've had a very bad 18 months , January brought a tragedy that i can't mention then a month ago my great nephew aged only 13 years was knocked off a bike and was fighting for his life , he lost half of his foot which has been repaired with muscle and skin graft and he suffered no brain damage which is a miracle after the head injury he suffered. Sorry this was the longest post I've ever made i think and probably the most boring lol xx

It's anything but boring, it's incredibly touching. You have certainly had your fair share of tragedies in life, yet you have come through them all, you are quite an inspiration.

Like you i have a very much loved grandson. Well two really because he has a half brother who treats me like a nana.
However much you love anyeone else in the world, the love between you and your grandkids is so so special.....we are very lucky.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:23 pm

eddie wrote:I felt the same when my dad died and we returned to my parent’s house.
I remember the thing that was most upsetting was  seeing my dad’s slippers, that he would never wear again, and a book, that he would never be finished.

I’d have read it “for” him but it looked shit, to be fair.

Eddie, I truly understand how you felt, it's the little things like that that hurt so much.

I bought my mum slippers and a radio for Christmas , she never wore the slippers because she never was able to get out of bed again, and she never had the chance to listen to the radio either. When she died in the february it was still wrapped up in the Christmas paper.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:27 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:The day my dad passed away. It’s goung to be 20 years this November.

Thats so sad, he was way too young to die.
But you have lovely memories, and they will never die. I love you

Thanks to everyone who has joined in this thread, I didnt expect it to be so moving.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:02 am

I’m going to get around to reading this thread and answering everyone properly. I really will.

I just want to say, that one of the best moments of my life, and I do have a few more, was this part of my wedding day:

“I PRONOUNCE YOU MAN AND WIFE....YOU MAY KISS YOUR BRIDE”

Me: Fuck you
Ben : Fuck you

(Kiss)

That’s why I married him.
Who else would say that to me, on my wedding day and find it as funny as me?

Mr Reilly...I love you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 am

eddie wrote:I’m going to get around to reading this thread and answering everyone properly. I really will.

I just want to say, that one of the best moments of my life, and I do have a few more, was this part of my wedding day:

“I PRONOUNCE YOU MAN AND WIFE....YOU MAY KISS YOUR BRIDE”

Me: Fuck you
Ben : Fuck you

(Kiss)

That’s why I married him.
Who else would say that to me, on my wedding day and find it as funny as me?

Mr Reilly...I love you.

Fuck you.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:04 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No. Fuck You.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:07 am

eddie wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No. Fuck You.

Okay, fine, but you know what? That was great - but I also raised an eyebrow at you when Judge Ralph said "for poorer," and you left that part out!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:10 am

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

No. Fuck You.

Okay, fine, but you know what? That was great - but I also raised an eyebrow at you when Judge Ralph said "for poorer," and you left that part out!

Is that when I kicked you with my painted boots? You deserved it fam.

Actually, I’m going to write about what we did on our wedding morning...and that will take our street cred right the way down....

Yeah, really.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:12 am

I knew you two would have a good story to tell. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:13 am

eddie wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

No. Fuck You.

Is that when I kicked you with my painted boots? You deserved it fam.

Actually, I’m going to write about what we did on our wedding morning...and that will take our street cred right the way down....

Yeah, really.

Go on, then!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:05 am

Syl wrote:I knew you two would have a good story to tell. Razz

Well, put it this way, it wasn’t the usual way to spend your wedding morning.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:40 am

eddie wrote:

Well dont keep us in suspense. Emotional moments in your life that you will never forget. 2794048296
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

Well dont keep us in suspense. Emotional moments in your life that you will never forget. 2794048296

Okay I gotta go to Shitsco to get some food and stuff. I’ll write it when I come back.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:43 pm

my youngest son was diagnosed autistic as a young child.  he mumbled at folk and never ever made eye contact.  at the end of term there was a fancy dress competition at the school fete and he wanted to go as jack sparrow.  i did his outfit and off we went.  i did tell him that acting out the part is just as important as looking the part but knew that would never happen as he was far too self conscious and shy to act out any part,,,,,i was wrong.  the judges came round and before my eyes he looked straight at the woman, swished out his sword and said ''madam, i am captain jack sparrow at your service'' and then bowed over her hand.  not only did he get a round of applause but he won first prize.  i'll never forget the look of disbelief and joy when his name was called for first place.

on the way home he rang his dad while we were walking through the park to give him the news ''i'm so happy dad, i cant believe it.....i've never ever won anything in my whole life before'' (he was about 7)

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:04 pm

Beautiful story, gelico.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:19 pm

I agree quill !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:Beautiful story, gelico.

aw, thanks quill

it was a good job it was end of term cos i drew him on a natty moustache and goatie with black marker pen which took about two weeks to fade

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:56 pm

I agree with Quill and Nicko...thats a realy lovely story.

I love the whole thread tbh. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:42 am

Emotional songs......I love this one, always have.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:38 am

My Daughters favourite !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:10 pm

nicko wrote:My Daughters favourite !

Aww....your daughter has good taste in sentimental songs then Nicko.
Seeing that old youtube is the first time I have ever actually seen him sing that song even though it was played a lot on the radio in my younger days. Back then there was obviously no internet to see who the singer was.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:55 pm

So here is what happened on mine and Ben’s wedding morning:

He is collector of...stuff..and I’m a clearer-upper and thrower-awayer, so when he made an idle comment such as “I don’t ever use that table or chairs” I immediately said

“Let’s chuck them away and move that over there and put that here and, ooooh, we could move that there....”

He jumped up excitedly and put on some music and we spent the whole of our wedding morning, throwing stuff, moving furniture and sweating.
My daughter kept the dog amused and reminded us a few times,

“Erm, aren’t you two getting married soon?”

At 1:30pm I suddenly looked at my dirty hands, blew my scruffy hair out of my face and said

“Babe...I think we need to get ready”

I think that’s why we forgot the marriage license to be fair to us. We were rather busy.  When we told his family what we’d been doing all morning they laughed until they realised we weren't joking.

It was a bloody good day.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:09 pm

eddie wrote:So here is what happened on mine and Ben’s wedding morning:

He is collector of...stuff..and I’m a clearer-upper and thrower-awayer, so when he made an idle comment such as “I don’t ever use that table or chairs” I immediately said

“Let’s chuck them away and move that over there and put that here and, ooooh, we could move that there....”

He jumped up excitedly and put on some music and we spent the whole of our wedding morning, throwing stuff, moving furniture and sweating.
My daughter kept the dog amused and reminded us a few times,

“Erm, aren’t you two getting married soon?”

At 1:30pm I suddenly looked at my dirty hands, blew my scruffy hair out of my face and said

“Babe...I think we need to get ready”

I think that’s why we forgot the marriage license to be fair to us. We were rather busy.  When we told his family what we’d been doing all morning they laughed until they realised we weren't joking.

It was a bloody good day.

It would have been a bloody good day if that's how it actually happened ...

I'm actually pretty much a minimalist, although I do believe in the principle of resilience through redundancy, so I tend to have a back-up and a replacement for most of the things I use. For example, though I never used that table and those chairs, they would have made a handy shelter if I happened to be evicted some rainy day. I could have used the table as a roof, and the chairs could have been ersatz walls.

You could practically hear the crack of the whip, though, as edds said, “Let’s chuck them away and move that over there and put that here and, ooooh, we could move that there....”

Sighing and rubbing my extremely sore lower back, I hastily wolfed down the first meal I'd had in nearly 2 days and willed myself onto my crutches, and proceeded to move all my heavy furniture as she sat on my sofa, eating grapes and barking orders to me through mouths-ful of grapes.

Seeing that I was in desperate need of help, our six-year-old daughter bravely volunteered to walk my vicious attack dog around an unfamiliar neighborhood as edds watched Neighbours on streaming and I struggled with a 900-pound set of shelves on my back.

Finally, dripping with sweat from the scorching 130-degree July day, she panted, "Youse two need to go get married, innit?"

Edds looked up from the sumptuous box of chocolates that she refused to share with anybody and shouted, "Well, I've been ready for ages, it's youse two need to get your arses in gear, don't you?" She then slammed mine and our daughter's heads violently together.

I was so dizzy I forgot the marriage license, which I still haven't heard the end of by the way, but the ceremony was really nice, and I ended up marrying my best friend, one sexy lady and the person I can't imagine being without - who I know is going to laugh when she reads this, rather than getting angry, as many women would if their husbands had pulled this kinda shit Twisted Evil
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Rolling Eyes

Okay here’s what really happened:

I woke up at 4:30am after having had lots of wonderful sleep after a night of healthy eating and green tea.
I left my snoring, drunk, dribbling, soon-to-be-husband in bed after glancing back fondly, and went into the living area. I thought to myself “Wouldn’t Mr Messy be rather happy if I threw out all his *shit?”

So, I single-handledly moved sofas, bookcases, tables, chairs and crap with the help of some woodland creatures of course, and had the whole place spic and span by the time my monster daughter woke up and her drunken step-father (the dog, to be fair, did do some of the tea-making) and what did my wonderful fiancé say, as he came into the room?

“Hell woman! What y’all doin’ at these early hours? Come back to bed this minute ya hear? And bring one o’ those Texan IPA’s with you, bitch!”

He is a charmer. Emotional moments in your life that you will never forget. 1366281442

*27 old phones, 16 leads to old phones and cameras, 35 camera lenses, 678 old newspapers, 234 old CD’s, 987 albums, 12 tins of something crap, and lots and lots of more crap.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:25 pm

This sounds like another chapter from the book.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Syl wrote:This sounds like another chapter from the book.

Yeah, but it’s all true...well, my version is.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:24 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:This sounds like another chapter from the book.

Cue Ben to say his version is true. Laughing

My OH is a hoarder….I find useless receipts all over the house. He collects nails and screws and saves them because "they may be useful one day". Rolling Eyes I keep meaning to have a good clear out of totally useless crap....but I never seem to get round to it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:38 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

My OH is a hoarder….I find useless receipts all over the house. He collects nails and screws and saves them because "they may be useful one day". Rolling Eyes I keep meaning to have a good clear out of totally useless crap....but I never seem to get round to it.

Before you criticize hoarders, remember all wealthy people are hoarders: of money.

Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Before you criticize hoarders, remember all wealthy people are hoarders: of money.

Laughing

I prefer to spend not hoard, what use is money if you just collect it. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:37 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Laughing

Soooo...then, rich people are worthless? Cool

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Soooo...then, rich people are worthless?  Cool
Not at all. Some rich people enjoy their money, spread it around, speculate to accumulate, use it wisely.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down