NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The allegations of abuse against Keith Ellison aren't going away

2 posters

Go down

The allegations of abuse against Keith Ellison aren't going away Empty The allegations of abuse against Keith Ellison aren't going away

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:59 am

Back in August, the son of a former girlfriend of Rep. Keith Ellison alleged that the Minnesota Democrat had abused his mother in the course of that relationship. Austin Monahan said he found a video on his mother's computer showing that Ellison had forcefully tried to drag her off of a bed while swearing at her. Ellison denied the allegations and suggested they were politically motivated -- coming just days before Minnesota's Democratic primary for attorney general.

"Karen and I were in a long-term relationship which ended in 2016, and I still care deeply for her well-being," Ellison said at the time. "This video does not exist because I never behaved in this way, and any characterization otherwise is false."

Despite the fact that the story drew national attention -- Ellison had become a major figure within the party when he ran unsuccessfully to be the chairman of the Democratic National Committee in 2017 -- the Minnesota Democrat went on to win the primary days later. (Ellison also serves as the deputy chairman of the DNC below the man who beat him out for the top job: Tom Perez.)

CNN was in the process of reporting the story when Monahan's son went public with the allegations. CNN has asked to view the video, but Monahan said she misplaced it when moving and provided no other evidence to corroborate her story at the time.

The story went dormant for a few weeks -- although Ellison had promised to "talk more about it in the coming days." That all changed earlier this week, when Karen Monahan began to tweet again about the allegations.

She tweeted this: "Four people, including my supervisor at the time, stated that I came to them after and shared the exact story I shared publicly, I shared multiple text between me and Keith, where I discuss the abuse with him and much more. As I said before, I knew I wouldn't be believed."

And this: "I expected everything that has taken place, before I decided to break my silence. I even stated it in my original statement. I showed up for myself & that was a huge piece of my healing."

And, this: "My grand baby deserves a world where human dignity is not a political tool for your parties interest. #metoo"

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/21/politics/keith-ellison-karen-monahan/index.html

You see I would here again ask where is the video for the claim?

Yet again I still keep an open mind, as i do in the other case.

Night everyone

Back to top Go down

The allegations of abuse against Keith Ellison aren't going away Empty Re: The allegations of abuse against Keith Ellison aren't going away

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Where is Quill to delight us with his views on this ?

Back to top Go down

The allegations of abuse against Keith Ellison aren't going away Empty Re: The allegations of abuse against Keith Ellison aren't going away

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:33 pm

Mark Judge, the friend who was allegedly in the room with Kavanaugh and Ford, denied having any recollection of the party. And in an email obtained by USA TODAY, a lawyer for a woman Ford also said was at the house said she didn't know Kavanaugh and that she did not remember the party.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/09/23/brett-kavanaugh-allegation-sen-lindsey-graham-has-doubts-ford/1403189002/

So that is all the four people she stated and not one has a recollection of this event.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:28 am

I think it's bullshit, put forward by anti-Trump folk !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:56 pm

Well if there’s no video, there’s no story.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:14 pm

eddie wrote:Well if there’s no video, there’s no story.

She tweeted this: "Four people, including my supervisor at the time, stated that I came to them after and shared the exact story I shared publicly, I shared multiple text between me and Keith, where I discuss the abuse with him and much more. As I said before, I knew I wouldn't be believed."

So one story with a republican and the woman is believed and here a Democrat and a women is not believed

And where again is Quill?

It shows yet again this has nothing to do with the claimed victims of each story

Its always about politics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down