NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attempted Rapist to be appointed to Supreme Court?

+4
nicko
JulesV
Syl
Original Quill
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Attempted Rapist to be appointed to Supreme Court? Empty Attempted Rapist to be appointed to Supreme Court?

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, a clinical psychologist and professor at the University of Palo Alto, just south of here, has accused Judge Brett Kavanaugh of attacking her and attempting to rape her at a party when they were younger. Judge Kavanaugh, of the DC Circuit Court, is up for an opening on the Supreme Court at present.

Both Dr. Ford and Kavanaugh attended toney private schools in Washington DC, and the schools (Boys School and Girls School) often held joint parties. At one such affair, Kavanaugh and another man kidnapped Dr. Ford, threw her into a bedroom, and on the bed attempted an sexual assault of her. Judge Kavanaugh, when younger, had acquired a reputation for drunkenness and lewd behavior when intoxicated.

The following is an article:

The Independent wrote:Brett Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford 'receiving vicious harassment and death threats'

Emily Shugerman
The Independent•September 19, 2018

The California psychology professor who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault is reportedly receiving death threats, as Donald Trump says he will make a decision on his nominee based on her testimony.

The professor, 51-year-old Christine Blasey Ford, has accused Mr Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her at a party when they were both in high school. Mr Kavanugh has categorically denied the allegations.

In the days since Ms Blasey Ford’s name was made public, her attorneys said, her “worst fears have materialised”.

“She has been the target of vicious harassment and even death threats,” attorneys Debra Katz and Lisa Banks wrote in a letter to Senate Judiciary Committee chair Chuck Grassley.

“As a result of these kind of threats, her family was forced to relocate out of their home,” they added. “Her email has been hacked and she has been impersonated online.”

The attorneys asked for an FBI investigation of Ms Blasey Ford’s allegations before she was called to testify publicly in front of the Senate committee. Mr Grassley had previously scheduled a televised hearing on the allegations for Monday.

Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon said on Wednesday that it would be “wonderful” if the professor appeared in front of the committee.

“Look, if she shows up and makes a credible showing, that will be very interesting and we’ll have to make a decision,” he told reporters outside the White House.

But Ms Blasey Ford’s attorneys pushed back on the Monday deadline, saying the accuser’s life was “being turned upside down”, and chiding Mr Grassley for suggesting she relive a “traumatic and harrowing incident” at the same table as Mr Kavanaugh.

Democrats quickly spoke out in support of the professor’s wishes, saying the hearing should be delayed until a full investigation could be completed.

“That this brave woman is receiving death threats and has been forced to flee with her family is appalling and heartbreaking,” Senator Dianne Feinstein, the ranking Democrat on the judiciary committee, said in a statement. “This abuse must stop. We’re better than this.”

But Republicans were reluctant to delay the hearing, which could push a vote on Mr Kavanaugh’s confirmation until after the contentious midterm elections. Some pointed to a statement from the Justice Department that noted Ms Blasey Ford’s allegation does not concern a federal crime, and that the FBI “does not make any judgement about the credibility or significance of any allegation”.

Mr Grassley said on Tuesday that the hearing should proceed, regardless of whether or not Ms Blasey Ford decided to testify.

“The invitation for Monday still stands. Dr Ford’s testimony would reflect her personal knowledge and memory of events,” the chairman said. “Nothing the FBI or any other investigator does would have any bearing on what Dr Ford tells the committee, so there is no reason for any further delay.”

Meanwhile, in Ms Blasey Ford’s hometown of Palo Alto, a group of local mothers had gathered together to support their friend. Kirsten Leimroth, whose daughters are part of the same junior lifeguard programme as Ms Blasey Ford’s two sons, said it was “preposterous” to think the professor had invented the allegations for political reasons.

“There’s absolutely no way it’s made up. She can’t even go home,” Ms Leimroth told the Mercury News. “She had to have her kids stay somewhere else. She had to shut down all social media. Why would she do that?”

So many sexual assaults, so little time. Attempted Rapist to be appointed to Supreme Court? 2190311264

What is it with Donald Trump, that he is involved with so many rapes, child rapes and random sexual contacts with women? Wasn't it just last year when some 18-women told of his habit of "pussy-grabbing"? Indeed, in October, 2016, he boasted on the Access Hollywood tape how much he liked to "grab pussy".

But, it's also a part of Trump's circle of friends. Last year, Trump supported for the Alabama Senate seat, one Roy Moore, who was accused of attempted child rape earlier when he was a younger lawyer. Additionally, the White House had to terminate one Ron Porter, secretary to Mr. Trump, for not one, but two wives who came forward with claims of spousal beating...one brought pictures!!

Busy, busy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Attempted Rapist to be appointed to Supreme Court? Empty Re: Attempted Rapist to be appointed to Supreme Court?

Post by Syl Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:05 pm

If the president of your country has the morals of an alley cat it's really not suprising that other figures in authority and high positioned friends of his are the same.
The 'me too' movement doesnt seem to count for much in some cases does it?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Attempted Rapist to be appointed to Supreme Court? Empty Re: Attempted Rapist to be appointed to Supreme Court?

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Syl wrote:If the president of your country has the morals of an alley cat it's really not suprising that other figures in authority and high positioned friends of his are the same.

I agree.

Yes, Trump, the man whose father ran with the New York Gambino crime family, and who himself ran with John Gotti, head of the Gambino family, and now launders money for Russian girl-traffickers, probably doesn't have many friends or associates who are not rapists.

As a political scientist, I am wary of the female voters as a block.  I bet on them heavily back in 2004, and they surprised me in their crumble-factor.  Unlike blacks, Hispanics, Asians, or other groups, women tend to be iffy.  Not only did they fall through in 2004, but they appear to follow their menfolk despite high hopes.

Now, look at Maine Senator Susan Collins, normally quite outspoken on women's rights, following right along like a puppy dog with old men Republicans who are going to vote for this rapist.  They don't want an investigation, largely because they know they risk the truth coming out.  It's more Republican devious shenanigans, but here's this so-called champion of women's rights, running right along with leadership.

It's even more astounding when you consider Dr. Ford has taken and passed a polygraph, and Kavanaugh refuses.  She wants an FBI investigation and Kavanaugh does not.  (Note: it's a felony to lie to an FBI officer; it is only the liar who has reason to avoid the FBI.)

She has a witness in Kavanaugh's co-rapist, Mark Judge, who has publicly stated, first, that he doesn't remember, but then that he nonetheless doesn't want to testify under oath.  If he doesn't remember, why does he want to avoid saying so...perhaps because it's a lie?  Kavanaugh and Judge were drunk, they had a game of raping girls two-on-one (the triangle game), and joked about it in their yearbooks.

But, I digress into the evidence. Women don't make a very reliable voting bloc.  Disappointing, but it's a fact.  I would be thrilled if the 'Me Too' movement were to prove me wrong.  But the number of women who voted for Trump after the "pussy-grabber" tape went public--fcs--is too much for me to bet on.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUPjXPatyEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:46 pm

It just amazed me that ANY woman voted for him at all.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:12 am

Syl wrote:It just amazed me that ANY woman voted for him at all.

who?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:53 am

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:It just amazed me that ANY woman voted for him at all.

who?

Trump, I had just read Quills post and was responding to that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:10 am

gelico wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUPjXPatyEM

Yes, it's stunning when you find out someone you knew, turns out to be a rapist, or a criminal of any sort.  But who do you think does this sort of crime?  Obviously someone.  And someone is inevitably surprised.

What I'm curious about is why do Republicans put out this sort of pablum--which is not getting to the truth of the matter--yet they refuse to allow the FBI to do an actual investigation, which will answer questions.  Hmmm...telling question, eh?  Someone want's to hide the facts.

The truth of this question is not going be be determined by testimonials of classmates who may or may not have known him.  The truth will come from the FBI grilling Mr. Judge, pushing him off his pollyannaish pedestal of I don't remember, I was too drunk...and making him come clean.  He knows damn well what happened, and threat of 5-years in prison might refresh his memory.

A significant item of evidence is the fact that Senator Chuck Grassley will not yield the investigation to the FBI.  Such a tactical move only shows he is scared shiteless.

On a related note, it turns out the the State of Maryland has no Statute of Limitations for attempted rape.  The State Attorney General's office is looking into possible prosecution of Mr. Kavenaugh.  If the Feds are not going to look into the matter, there's always 50 other states to fill the roll.   Razz  

From Supreme Court nominee, to an orange jump suit...how perfect! Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:10 pm

I mean I read the story with interest, where she claimed, he had her pinned down and then only escaped, when his mate jumped on the bed?

Was the bed a Trampoline?

Now, its very possible he did sexually abuse her, but its also very possible she is making this all up

I mean what ever happened to, innocent until proven guilty? Where of late many men have been wrongly charged with rape and sexually abuse.

So badly so, it demeans the very fact where women have been raped. As then it has people become less believing. Which is appalling. Sadly, though there has been a rise of fake claims to sexual abuse and rape. Which is completely, as I say damaging cases for those who have been raped.

So what do I think is wrong here.

The timing.

She has been a professional teaching about dealing with being a victim and never sought to right this wrong?

That makes zero sense, when she teaches physchology. One thing you would do, was to show to victims, that they do have a voice and a way to combat this problem through the criminal justice system.

Second, she has no witnesses. None that saw her run, scream or anything to the contrary. Which begs the question, when this was a party. Why did she not go to the first person and then have the Police called? Did she think all the people at the party would back a sexual abuser? I mean this person was just a kid in school, not a judge then or anything else. Hence people were convicted back then of rape and sexual abuse. So what stopped her?

Then how about former school members signed a view to support her, even though not one knew about this or has made such a claim against the accused?

Kind of odd do you not think, that nobody knew?

Not even her best friends?

Nor nobody else claimed such an assualt?

To me this seems very convenient with timing

It could be that she was sexually assualted. It could also, be that she is making this all up.

I look at this impartially and not on what political view the judge has and have no doubt he is a religious dickhead as well

I simple am questioning the validity and reasoning behind the claim

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:41 pm

Didge wrote:I mean I read the story with interest, where she claimed, he had her pinned down and then only escaped, when his mate jumped on the bed?

Now, its very possible he did sexually abuse her, but its also very possible she is making this all up

I mean what ever happened to, innocent until proven guilty? Where of late many men have been wrongly charged with rape and sexually abuse.

So badly so, it demeans the very fact where women have been raped. As then it has people become less believing. Which is appalling. Sadly, though there has been a rise of fake claims to sexual abuse and rape. Which is completely, as I say damaging cases for those who have been raped.

The timing.

She has been a professional teaching about dealing with being a victim and never sought to right this wrong?

That makes zero sense, when she teaches physchology. One thing you would do, was to show to victims, that they do have a voice and a way to combat this problem through the criminal justice system.

Second, she has no witnesses. None that saw her run, scream or anything to the contrary. Which begs the question, when this was a party. Why did she not go to the first person and then have the Police called? Did she think all the people at the party would back a sexual abuser? I mean this person was just a kid in school, not a judge then or anything else. Hence people were convicted back then of rape and sexual abuse. So what stopped her?

Then how about former school members signed a view to support her, even though not one knew about this or has made such a claim against the accused?

It could be that she was sexually assualted. It could also, be that she is making this all up.

I look at this impartially and not on what political view the judge has and have no doubt he is a religious dickhead as well

exactly what i was thinking tbh

high school girl would have at least told her ''best friend'' at the time or shortly afterwards, even if she said to that friend ''don't say anything, we were all a bit drunk'' or even ''dont say anything cos i'm a bit scared'' but would have said something

feinstien had received that letter a month earlier yet only released it at the last minute

the timing is way too convenient

over 35 years ago
couldnt remember which party
couldnt remember where it was
couldnt remember when it was
only just decided to speak

this reeks imo

plenty of people supporting kavanaugh and saying this is baloney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:15 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:I mean I read the story with interest, where she claimed, he had her pinned down and then only escaped, when his mate jumped on the bed?

The timing.

high school girl would have at least told her ''best friend'' at the time or shortly afterwards, even if she said to that friend ''don't say anything, we were all a bit drunk'' or even ''dont say anything cos i'm a bit scared'' but would have said something

feinstien had received that letter a month earlier yet only released it at the last minute

over 35 years ago

this reeks imo

Exactly Gelico and the thing that reall gets me. Is that she claimed she only escaped whilst being pinned down and then his mate jumped in. That woould then mean two men holding her down. Granted they could have been so drunk that, he knocked them off the bed, but the question then rises. When at a party, why did nobody else then see her running out clearly distressed? Nor them calling for help. She claims, he held his hand over his mouth, so clearly the first thing someone does when free, is to shout or scream. Nor did she claim she did scream when free and yet there is not a single witness to this. Not one person recollects this.

That seems really odd to me, as surely someone would have seen her running out and clearly then shouting for help. Its not something anyone would forget when many people are at a party.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:37 pm

Didge wrote:So what do I think is wrong here.

The timing.

So, you don't care whether it's true or not. Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:42 pm

Didge wrote:She has been a professional teaching about dealing with being a victim and never sought to right this wrong?

She has reported it several times over the years. The fact that he hasn't been prosecuted is none of her doing. With the notoriety, we may now get some action.

One of the heartening things about this is, there is no Statute of Limitations for rape in Maryland.  That means the case is still ripe.  Her attorneys are reportedly looking into having Kavenaugh arrested for attempted rape.

Sometimes a good notion. Laughing

Last edited by Original Quill on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:She has been a professional teaching about dealing with being a victim and never sought to right this wrong?

She has reported it several times over the years, to no avail.

One of the heartening things about this is, there is no Statute of Limitations for rape in Maryland.  That means the case is still ripe.  Her attorneys are reportedly looking into having Kavenaugh arrested for attempted rape.

Has she reported this?

Where is the many reports that she has?

Again, whether she has reported still begs the many questions that have been raised

Maybe you would like to respond to them and offer evidence for the reports made over the last 35 years?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:47 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

She has reported it several times over the years, to no avail.

Has she reported this?

Where is the many reports that she has?

I would imagine with the Montgomery County Sheriff's office.

Didge wrote:Again, whether she has reported still begs the many questions that have been raised

Maybe you would like to respond to them and offer evidence for the reports made over the last 35 years?

Time is not a factor.  There is no Statute of Limitations for rape in Maryland.  Apparently, her attorneys are looking into having him arrested.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:49 pm

Where did I claim there was a time limit on this?

Never did

So you are avoiding the points Gelico and I made

You said she has reported this before many times

Where is the evidence of these reports?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:56 pm

Didge wrote:Second, she has no witnesses. None that saw her run, scream or anything to the contrary.

There are many witnesses to the party.  However, the two men attempted to rape her in the privacy of the bedroom.

Nevertheless, there is one witness.  It was a two-on-one attempted rape, so there is there is the other perp, Mark Judge.

Mr. Judge claims he does not remember.  Curiously, he does not want to go under oath or be interviewed by the FBI, even though presumably he would say he didn't remember...it is interesting, lying to any Federal law enforcement officer is a felony.

But there's your witness. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:04 pm

Didge wrote:Then how about former school members signed a view to support her, even though not one knew about this or has made such a claim against the accused?

Apparently, it was common knowledge around both schools and Dr. Ford wasn't hesitant to speak up.  Many witnesses have attested to that fact.

However, the students all say that they had no first hand knowledge.  Understandably, since the two young men tried to rape her in the privacy of the bedroom.

An investigation is in order...Mr. Judge should be forced to spill what he knows.  He can then be given a plea deal in exchange for testififying against Kavanaugh.  We'll see.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Then how about former school members signed a view to support her, even though not one knew about this or has made such a claim against the accused?

Apparently, it was common knowledge around both schools and Dr. Ford wasn't hesitant to speak up.  Many witnesses have attested to that fact.

However, the students all say that they had no first hand knowledge.  Understandably, since the two young men tried to rape her in the privacy of the bedroom.

An investigation is in order...Mr. Judge should be forced to spill what he knows.  He can then be given a plea deal in exchange for testififying against Kavanaugh.  We'll see.

Have they?

One of her friends from school has been on TV and had no idea about this and is supporting her.

Where is all these witnesses?

So they are at a party, with lots of people. She claims he placed his hand over his mouth, to stop her screaming. She claims she only escaped when held down, by another man joining in and then nobody witnessed her running out or evening screaming?

I have not seen one person claim they knew of this event. Can you post actual evidence to your claims?

You never did on the previous post on reports made

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:15 pm

Didge wrote:I look at this impartially and not on what political view the judge has and have no doubt he is a religious dickhead as well

You sound very much like a criminal defense lawyer...cruel and insensitive.

I'm sure next week, when the six white males of the Republican side of the Senate Judiciary Committee cross examine her...it will make for great optics, in this the year of women and the 'Me-too' movement.

On a related matter, if Kavenaugh is appointed to the S.Ct., it will be fun to watch as motions for him to be recused come up on any case where women's issues are involved. Any lawyer would be a fool to allow a rapist to sit an a panel in adjudication of a case involving women. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:I look at this impartially and not on what political view the judge has and have no doubt he is a religious dickhead as well

I'm sure next week, when the six white males of the Republican side of the Senate Judiciary Committee cross examine her...it will make for great optics, in this the year of women and the 'Me-too' movement.

On a related matter, if Kavenaugh is appointed to the S.Ct., it will be fun to watch as motions for him to be recused come up on any case where women's issues are involved.  Any lawyer would be a fool to allow a rapist to sit an a panel in adjudication of a case involving women.  Rolling Eyes

So dodged my points and Gelico's again

I dont care about politics or your continued deranged view about identity politics with this claim of sexual abuse

I see this case for what it is, a school boy and girl for the time

I am questioning the claims made

Now either you want to answer them, or continue to play a little merry dance avoiding them

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:22 pm

gelico wrote:

The timing.

over 35 years ago

this reeks imo

You don't really care whether it happened, do you? I honestly think women are pissing in the wind to demonstrate for women's rights or for sensitivity over rape victims. No one cares if a woman gets raped, as your response shows.

They are all just spurned lovers. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

over 35 years ago

this reeks imo

You don't really care whether it happened, do you?  I honestly think women are pissing in the wind to demonstrate for women's rights or for sensitivity over rape victims.  No one cares if a woman gets raped, as your response shows.

They are all just spurned lovers.  Rolling Eyes

So where she is rightly questioning the claims made, which you had no problem doing with the officer that shot the black man. You are saying this makes her not care.

So by the same token you do not care

How ridiculous a statement to make and again dodging her points

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:25 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

On a related matter, if Kavenaugh is appointed to the S.Ct., it will be fun to watch as motions for him to be recused come up on any case where women's issues are involved.  Any lawyer would be a fool to allow a rapist to sit an a panel in adjudication of a case involving women.  Rolling Eyes

I dont care about politics or your continued deranged view about identity politics with this claim of sexual abuse

Now either you want to answer them, or continue to play a little merry dance avoiding them

No, you're just a typical RW'er, when it comes to rape. Either the woman asked for it, and dressed provocatively. Or, she led the poor guy on.

But heck, it's not the guy's fault. Attempted Rapist to be appointed to Supreme Court? 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

No, you're just a typical RW'er, when it comes to rape.  Either the woman asked for it, and dressed provocatively.  Or, she led the poor guy on.

But heck, it's not the guy's fault.  Attempted Rapist to be appointed to Supreme Court? 2190311264

Really?

I think the case is she either lied or she was sexually assualted

Where your poor view again to make up bullshit again to things I have not even said, shows you are clearly dodging the points made, because yet again you have made up your mind who is guilty here

I have not made up my mind at all and question the claims

She could very well have been sexually assualted and have not in anyway discounted that

What I am doing is rightly questioning the views made around this

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:32 pm

Didge wrote:So where she is rightly questioning the claims made, which you had no problem doing with the officer that shot the black man. You are saying this makes her not care.

In fact, 66 2/3% of women don't report rape, just because they are subjected to the same type of cross-examination you put forth.

Now, a cop who murders an innocent guy sitting in his own home, is not a young girl with policemen shining flashlights up her coo-coo.  The Dallas PD cop who intentionally pulled a trigger and took a life will suffer no such embarrassment if asked essential questions.

But a women who is raped is always, inevitably approached with an attitude of: what did you do to invite it??

That's because of you.  Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:So where she is rightly questioning the claims made, which you had no problem doing with the officer that shot the black man. You are saying this makes her not care.

In fact, 66 2/3% of women don't report rape, just because they are subjected to the same type of cross-examination you put forth.

Now, a cop who murders an innocent guy sitting in his own home, is not a young girl with policemen shining flashlights up her coo-coo.  The Dallas PD cop intentionally pulled a trigger and took a life will suffer no such embarrassment if asked essential questions.

But a women who is raped is always, inevitably approached with an attitude of: what did you do to invite it??

That's because of you.
 Twisted Evil

Sorry, 66% of women do not report rape and yet you have figure saying this?

Does that not mean that they have reported this to someone, but not the police?

Now the last part highlighted, really shows how low you can be and shows why you cannot debate

Where in any view here did I claim that?

I never did and this shows again, that this is the level you stoop to, when you have no answer to points raised.

Its utterly pathetic and shows what an immature child you are

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:42 am

Didge wrote:Sorry, 66% of women do not report rape and yet you have figure saying this?

Yes, 66% of women say they have been raped, but didn't report it criminally because of the indignities they expect they would have to undergo in the criminal justice system. They have answered in the affirmative to survey research questions about this.

You have just given our audience here at NewsFix a preview of what these women would have to endure--what these women try to avoid. Yes, it is hard, hard work to be raped, and to seek some sort of legal vindication. The very questions and bullying you put to Dr. Ford, above, are the indignities that they would rather avoid.

Do you think it's easy to have a private member involuntarily shoved up into your body? Try it sometime, mac. The very humility of having that happen is surpassed by the questions and insults you will receive after the fact, as you try to explain.

You just proved that. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:05 am

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Sorry, 66% of women do not report rape and yet you have figure saying this?

Yes, 66% of women say they have been raped, but didn't report it criminally because of the indignities they expect they would have to undergo in the criminal justice system.  They have answered in the affirmative to survey research questions about this.

You have just given our audience here at NewsFix a preview of what these women would have to endure--what these women try to avoid.  Yes, it is hard, hard work to be raped, and to seek some sort of legal vindication.  The very questions and bullying you put to Dr. Ford, above, are the indignities that they would rather avoid.

Do you think it's easy to have a private member involuntarily shoved up into your body?  Try it sometime, mac.  The very humility of having that happen is surpassed by the questions and insults you will receive after the fact, as you try to explain.

You just proved that. Wink

So they did report it, unlike how you first claimed.

So again you make pathetic immature slurs onto me, based on nothing I have said and have not even tackled a single point myself and Gelico made

You seem to have this warped view that nothing should be investigated.

So as you cannot even debate, your out of the picture

I shall just continue this with Gelico, who seems as interested as I am, in this case

Good l;uck debating yourself

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:06 pm

Vox wrote:

What we know about Ford’s story

Christine Blasey Ford first detailed her allegations in a letter shared with Rep. Anna Eshoo (D-CA) and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) earlier this summer. At the time, she requested anonymity.

Ford publicly came forward in a Washington Post story on Sunday; she accused Kavanaugh of forcing himself on her while the two were at a party in high school. She says he pinned her down on a bed, attempted to remove her clothing and covered her mouth when she tried to scream. Kavanaugh has unequivocally denied these allegations.

In these notes Kavanaugh is not named, but Ford describes an attack by students from an elite boy’s school. These students are now “highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington,” she said.

Ford also took a polygraph test, which indicated the veracity of her claims. (It’s worth noting that the reliability of polygraph tests have been heavily scrutinized in recent years.)

Ford’s husband confirms that she mentioned the attack in their 2012 therapy sessions. He said he recalled her mentioning Kavanaugh by last name.

A friend of Ford’s has said he’s witnessed the lasting trauma the attack has had on her life. Jim Gensheimer told the Los Angeles Times that Ford discussed her struggle to come forward with him in early July.

He added that Ford was averse to purchasing a master bedroom that does not have a second exit. “Obviously, something happened that traumatized her so much that she’s afraid of being trapped,” Gensheimer said.

Ford admits that there are key details about the incident that she does not remember.

She believes the incident took place when she was 15, in the early 1980s — but she’s not clear on the exact ownership and location of the house. She also says that everyone at the party had at least one beer, but notes that Kavanaugh and a classmate named Mark Judge had been drinking more heavily.

Ford says she did not talk about the allegations with anyone until 2012, during a couples therapy session with her husband. She provided the Post with notes from therapy sessions in 2012 and 2013 when she described an attempted rape that she experienced while she was in high school.

What we know about Kavanaugh’s story

Kavanaugh has denied the allegations completely. “This is a completely false allegation. I have never done anything like what the accuser describes — to her or to anyone,” he said in a statement relayed by the White House on Monday. “Because this never happened, I had no idea who was making this accusation until she identified herself yesterday,”

Judge, Kavanaugh’s classmate who Ford has also implicated in the incident, has said he has “no recollection” of it. Ford claims that Judge and Kavanaugh were “stumbling drunk” when they pushed her into a bedroom at the party in question.

She also says that Judge was in the room while Kavanaugh forced himself on her and intermittently offered his encouragement during the encounter.

“Brett Kavanaugh and I were friends in high school but I do not recall the party described in Dr. Ford’s letter. More to the point, I never saw Brett act in the manner that Dr. Ford describes,” Judge has said.

Patrick J. Smyth, another individual who Ford named as being at the party, has denied attending as well. Both Smyth and Judge have signaled that they are not interested in providing further testimony.

A fourth person who Ford has said was at the party has yet to provide a public statement.

What we’ve heard about Kavanaugh and Ford’s characters

Friends and classmates of both Kavanaugh and Ford, respectively, have put forth an outpouring of support for their respective characters.

Sixty-five women who said they knew Kavanaugh in high school have signed onto a letter emphasizing their perceptions of his integrity and decency. “For the entire time we have known Brett Kavanaugh, he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect,” the letter reads.

More than a thousand women who attended Ford’s high school, Holton-Arms, over several decades, have also signed an open letter expressing their support for her and noting that they believe her. “Dr. Blasey Ford’s experience is all too consistent with stories we heard and lived while attending Holton. Many of us are survivors ourselves,” the letter reads.

Advocates for Kavanaugh emphasize that he’s an affable family man who is widely liked. In an analysis of reviews he received from students of his Harvard Law School courses, The New York Times finds that many had positive things to say.

Ford’s friends describe her as a rigorous and thoughtful academic. “I know her to be an honorable, honest, straightforward, decent person. I can’t conceive of her doing this for any other reason than she is honestly reporting what she’s experienced,” Daniel Spiegel, a Stanford psychiatry professor who’s worked with Ford, told the Los Angeles Times.

Ford’s sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh — and his subsequent denial — come in the wake of Democrats’ concerns that he may have perjured himself during his confirmation hearing.

Democrats have suggested that he misled lawmakers on a variety of topics including his work on Bush-era detainee policy and controversial judicial nominees — spurring questions about the reliability of his testimony.

Kavanaugh has also been under scrutiny for his ties to retired federal judge Alex Kozinski, who has been accused of sexual assault and harassment by at least 15 women.

Kavanaugh had previously clerked for Kozinski and appeared to consider him an important professional influence. He has since distanced himself from the former judge and said he was not aware of the concerns about Kozinski’s sexual misconduct. He’s also made some other surprising claims about his time with Kozinski, including noting that he doesn’t remember a widely circulated email list of dirty jokes.

Republicans have sought to paint Ford as somebody with a political agenda. Ford is a registered Democrat, who has donated to progressive groups. She attended a women’s march in California in 2017, according to the San Jose Mercury News. One of her attorneys, Debra Katz, has also publicly protested Trump.

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/22/17886814/supreme-court-brett-kavanaugh-christine-blasey-ford

So some very telling points there

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Syl wrote:If the president of your country has the morals of an alley cat it's really not suprising that other figures in authority and high positioned friends of his are the same.

Aye.  Cool
You know what they say : > "Fish rots from the head down." !

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:26 pm

Why did she wait 35 years to report it ?

Just wondered .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:32 pm

So they did report it, unlike how you first claimed.

So, your concern is not the crime, but the reporting of it? Do I detect the twinge of blaming the victim? It's all right to pull out your willy and rape a girl, but god forbid if she's not tidy and quick about it. Rolling Eyes

Your concern for procedure is touching...and soo English. Rolling Eyes I mean, what I'm hearing is: If your going to get raped, step up and report it...and mind the queue, slut! Laughing

Didge wrote:So again you make pathetic immature slurs onto me, based on nothing I have said and have not even tackled a single point myself and Gelico made

You’re worried about yourself and your reputation, but you don’t give a damn about Dr. Ford and her well-being? Such charity! Makes me weep.

Didge wrote:You seem to have this warped view that nothing should be investigated.

Dr. Ford has asked for the FBI to investigate this attempted rape, inasmuch as the candidate is an dedicated rapist. There’s plenty of time. What could be wrong with that?

Didge wrote:So as you cannot even debate, your out of the picture

Temper tantrum, dodge? Awww, so cute: I win! I win! If you were as concerned about being rational as you are about venting your narcissism, we might have a debate.

Didge wrote:I shall just continue this with Gelico, who seems as interested as I am, in this case

Yes, by all means, run, run...retreat into your mutual admiration society. It’s safer for your ego.

Didge wrote:Good l;uck debating yourself

Thank you. It’s better when the riff-raff is cleared away.

cheers

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:37 pm

nicko wrote:Why did she wait 35 years to report it ?

Just wondered .

Hi niko, 67% of rape victims cannot bring themselves to report...for complex psychological reasons.  That's male as well as female.

What the 'Me-too' movement has done is set up an answer for you.  Check out:

#why Did you wait so long?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:Why did she wait 35 years to report it ?

Just wondered .

Hi niko, 67% of rape victims cannot bring themselves to report...for complex psychological reasons.  That's male as well as female.

What the 'Me-too' movement has done is set up an answer for you.  Check out:

#why Did you wait so long?

And yet they did report these suspected crimes Quill

Which shows your view on this is at best, not reality

What is even more troubling is how someone trying to encourage victims. Shows she was a victim and then never did anything about this, until now

There is countless women that have been wronged through rape and sexual abuse. Where all those who abuse men or women, should be brought to justic., There is also a growing theme where men have been wrongly accused of rape recently and this should never be discounted.

Most people that go through a traumatic event do not suddenlly have amnesia on the time, place and event in history. Its normally so truamtic they either shut this out or they remember every single minute detail. In this case she holds confusion on the place and events and not the people. That is questionable. Espically when the 3 people she accuses hold no such view of this.

What is evident and what I question, is how and as seen, not a single person recollects this event. This does not mean it never happened. It just raises more questions. I mean its a party, so why is there then not at least one or two people coming forward on this?

If as based on her proffession and to help people going through trauma. How is it helping her classes by the fact she never once came forward before?

What is that teaching them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:So they did report it, unlike how you first claimed.

So, your concern is not the crime, but the reporting of it?  Do I detect the twinge of blaming the victim?  It's all right to pull out your willy and rape a girl, but god forbid if she's not tidy and quick about it.   Rolling Eyes

Your concern for procedure is touching...and soo English.    Rolling Eyes    I mean, what I'm hearing is: If your going to get raped, step up and report it...and mind the queue, slut!   Laughing

Didge wrote:Well was there even a crime?

You have declared there is.

Was there?

I do not deny there could be
I suggest you stop with your pathetic attempts and actually answer my points

You’re worried about yourself and your reputation, but you don’t give a damn about Dr. Ford and her well-being?  Such charity!  Makes me weep.

Didge wrote:Really?

Wow Quill trying to change the topic again

Dr. Ford has asked for the FBI to investigate this attempted rape, inasmuch as the candidate is an dedicated rapist.  There’s plenty of time.  What could be wrong with that?

Didge wrote:Dedicated rapist? 

Do you even know what that means, considering she claims he never raped her?
I mean, 60 Girls at his school came forward that knew him and said he never tried to raped them?
How is that, if he was a dedictated rapist Quill?
I think the only thing wrong here, is again your bias here based on this judge being Republican
Would your stance be the same based on a Democrat Judge?

Temper tantrum, dodge?  Awww, so cute: I win!  I win!  If you were as concerned about being rational as you are about venting your narcissism, we might have a debate.

Didge wrote:If you think you win, give yourself a pat on the back mate. All you did was prove to the entire forum. 

Your are immature

Beyond any intllectual ability
Have no education in law
Or every practiced law or held a law firm
These are nothing more than fantasies that you hold

Yes, by all means, run, run...retreat into your mutual admiration society.  It’s safer for your ego.

Didge wrote:I have not even run from this debate

What i said, is I am no longer entertaining your delusions here

Thank you.  It’s better when the riff-raff is cleared away.

cheers

Still here mate and easily exposing you as someone who has never practice law or even seen inside of of a court room

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:50 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:So they did report it, unlike how you first claimed.

So, your concern is not the crime, but the reporting of it?  Do I detect the twinge of blaming the victim?  It's all right to pull out your willy and rape a girl, but god forbid if she's not tidy and quick about it.   Rolling Eyes

Your concern for procedure is touching...and soo English.    Rolling Eyes    I mean, what I'm hearing is: If your going to get raped, step up and report it...and mind the queue, slut!   Laughing

You’re worried about yourself and your reputation, but you don’t give a damn about Dr. Ford and her well-being?  Such charity!  Makes me weep.

Dr. Ford has asked for the FBI to investigate this attempted rape, inasmuch as the candidate is an dedicated rapist.  There’s plenty of time.  What could be wrong with that?

Temper tantrum, dodge?  Awww, so cute: I win!  I win!  If you were as concerned about being rational as you are about venting your narcissism, we might have a debate.

Yes, by all means, run, run...retreat into your mutual admiration society.  It’s safer for your ego.

Thank you.  It’s better when the riff-raff is cleared away.

cheers

Still here mate and easily exposing you as someone who has never practice law or even seen inside of of a court room

Laughing

It takes more than a narcissistic exercise in self-congratulation to compete in a meaningful debate like this. This one is serious, and has ramifications. Trump is about to appoint a SC Justice, the quid-pro-quo for which is to reverse his conviction once it is handed down.

Trump is out to destroy rule of law in the US, and set himself up as dictator. We've seen that happen, haven't we? Just last century.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Laughing

It takes more than a narcissistic exercise in self-congratulation to compete in a meaningful debate like this.  This one is serious, and has ramifications.  Trump is about to appoint a SC Justice, the quid-pro-quo for which is to reverse his conviction once it is handed down.

Trump is out to destroy rule of law in the US, and set himself up as dictator.  We've seen that happen, haven't we?  Just last century.

Is that why you have done exactly this based on a prejudiced held towards the accused? Based on him being Republican?

How about you start looking at this impartially Quill, where you claimed he was a dedicated rapist.

That is what you accused him of and based on no evidence

And you want to have a serious discussion on this?

You see you do not care about the women here or the accused

This is only and has only ever been about Trump and his decisions

You dont give a flying fuck about the case and only see it as a means to attack Trump

How about you allow people to vote the next election to show their distain at Trump?

This case was never about two youngsters, it was only ever about you using this to bitch about that idiot Trump again

You are a fraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Your post is not worth a response.

But I pause to point out that you are the very poster-boy of what is wrong with the rape/sexist response in the western civilization.

First, is the judgment that "it wasn't that bad."  After all, rape is just a minor assault, on places you shouldn't go.

Second, you invited it on yourself.  You dressed too sexily.  You talked too provocatively.  You shouldn't have tempted the boys.

Third, you didn't respond appropriately.  You should have run to the police and screamed for your mother.

Fourth, you are ruining the reputation of our precious boys.  Look how popular they are.

Fifth, you know how you women are hysterical and overreact.

Sixth, yes means no.

Seventh, you misunderstood what was happening.

Eight, you're probably at that time of the month.

Ninth, you think too much about it.  You probably need to get laid, anyway.

That's you, didge. Recognize your arguments? They are up there.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Original Quill wrote:Your post is not worth a response.

And yet you responded

Contradiction

This was not rape but a claim of sexual assualt

Second, you made out a judge, based off no eividence was a dedicated rapist

Again based off no facts other than a distain for the judge because as you admitted he would be appointed to the Supreme court

Third: I called you out on your bullshit

Fourth: Precious boys? Is this some racist dinosaur view you hold, where again you have convicted a man without evidence?

Considering you are meant to be a lawyer, which has about as much credability as Pol Pot being an advocate of human rights. You have charged this man again as a dedicated rapist.

That proves you are the worst blood sucking lawyer or at worst a compulsive liar.

Fifth: You now call me a woman and thus make a mockery of your claim to be angered here. You expose your sexism, as you see me as a woman and as thus inferior

Game over

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:34 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Your post is not worth a response.

And yet you responded

Contradiction

Again based off no facts other than a distain for the judge because as you admitted he would be appointed to the Supreme court

Fourth: Precious boys? Is this some racist dinosaur view you hold, where again you have convicted a man without evidence?

Considering you are meant to be a lawyer, which has about as much credability as Pol Pot being an advocate of human rights. You have charged this man again as a dedicated rapist.

That proves you are the worst blood sucking lawyer or at worst a compulsive liar.

Fifth: You now call me a woman and thus make a mockery of your claim to be angered here. You expose your sexism, as you see me as a woman and as thus inferior

Game over

Haha...pardon me. But I just have to frame this. It's the classic, socio-sexist response to rape victims everywhere. Add: it's her word against mine; and blame the lawyer, not the perp. Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

And yet you responded

Contradiction

Game over

Haha...pardon me.  But I just have to frame this.  It's the classic, socio-sexist response to rape victims everywhere.  Add: it's her word against mine; and blame the lawyer, not the perp.  Evil or Very Mad

No simple a very educated and very easy exposè of you being a compulsive liar and very much sexist, how you refer to me as female.

Clearly you think its an insult to call men female

You have no evidence for your claim he is a dedicated rapists

Maybe that is why you failed to teach or practice law?

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:43 pm

Didge wrote:No simple a very educated and very easy exposè of you being a compulsive liar and very much sexist, how you refer to me as female.

So, you admit my point: he should be rejected.

I knew you'd come around.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:No simple a very educated and very easy exposè of you being a compulsive liar and very much sexist, how you refer to me as female.

So, you admit my point: he should be rejected.

I knew you'd come around.

Did I?

Where did I say that?

If guilty, he should be charged with sexual assualt

I have really enjoyed tonight and seriously exposed there is nothing intellectual about you buddy

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Didge wrote:If guilty, he should be charged with sexual assualt

That may well be coming.  We'll see.

No matter how great you think you are, "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:If guilty, he should be charged with sexual assualt

That may well be coming.  We'll see.

No matter how great you think you are, "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime."

What?

I have never thought of myself as great

I am just trying to seek the truth here and you have spun so much yarn here, we could build a wollen bridge across the Pacific

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:

over 35 years ago

this reeks imo

You don't really care whether it happened, do you?  

i care about the truth, quill, and it's quite clear you do not

the title in this thread has already put him as guilty. i note you didnt say ''alleged attempted rapist'' but simply ''attempted rapist'' and this is based on one spurious allegation from one woman who cant even remember any details.

why dont you care about the truth, quill? is it just because you want to bring down a republican and any one will do

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:45 am

gelico wrote:i care about the truth, quill, and it's quite clear you do not

But you don't care about whether it actually happened.  That is the point.

It's not truth of the act you care about, but what happened after.  You are asking the wrong questions.

For example, the Senate could easily subpoena the one eye-witness, but doesn't. You make no issue of that. You don't care about the act, to which there is an eye-witness, only the aftermath. What other conclusion can one make?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:52 am

Original Quill wrote:
gelico wrote:i care about the truth, quill, and it's quite clear you do not

But you don't care about whether it actually happened.  That is the point.

It's not truth of the act you care about, but what happened after.  You are asking the wrong questions.

Is it?

I think Gelico is right and if this had been a Democrat Judge, your views would be polar opposite.

Again I have not discounted she could have been sexually assualted and neither has gelico

What we have both done is question the events claimed.

Whilst mny women are sadly raped, as well as men I might add and many do not see justice. You automatically assigned guilt here. When also men and more so these days are being wrongly accused of rape. There has been a number of cases of false allegations over the last couple of years. So much so, its now become a criminal offense and rightly so in the UK.

I mean it does not matter whether he is guilty or not, guilt has been assigned and nobody will ever be able to prove either way what actually happened here. Its simple her word against his, but it now has tarnished his career. If he did sexually assualt here, then he deserves it, if not. Then how could you with a clear conscience be happy, that then this judge could have been wrongfully accused.

In this instance its sadly not about innocent until proven. Based on the media, he has to prove he is innocent

That should never be the case

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:59 am

gelico wrote:the title in this thread has already put him as guilty. i note you didnt say ''alleged attempted rapist'' but simply ''attempted rapist'' and this is based on one spurious allegation from one woman who cant even remember any details.

You forget, this is not a trial for Kavenaugh. This is a hearing at which the American people, as potential employers, are considering a candidate for a powerful job.

He's not entitled to any rights...all the rights belong to us, the American people. We own this fookin' government, and don't forget it. If he wants employment under us, he'd better do what pleases us. If he doesn't like it, he can pull his resume and take a hike.

Nobody ever told me how to run my law firm. And nobody better tell us, the American people, whom we can hire.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next