NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. Obama to US Supreme Court

2 posters

Go down

Dr. Obama to US Supreme Court Empty Dr. Obama to US Supreme Court

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:53 pm

At a rally yesterday Hillary Clinton was asked if she would appoint Dr. Barack Obama to the US Supreme Court.  The question took her back...but not unfavorably.  She answered: "I hadn't thought of that."

President Obama will be a young and sprightly 55-years old when he leaves office.  A graduate of Columbia University, one of the elite-8 of the Ivy League universities, followed by Harvard Law School, and president of the prestigious Harvard Law Review his final year, he has gone on to teach US Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago, College of Law, 1992-2004, before running for the US Senate in 2004.  In 2007 he began his run for the presidency, succeeded and was re-elected in 2012.  

During his presidency, Obama signed into law economic stimulus legislation in response to the Great Recession in the form of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010. Other major domestic initiatives in his first term included the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, often referred to as "Obamacare"; the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act; and the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010. In foreign policy, Obama ended U.S. military involvement in the Iraq War, and has diminished the US role in Afghanistan.  Oh yes, and he got bin Laden.

At 55-years of age this great American statesmen will be at the prime of his life.  His usefulness to America is not done yet.  A man of great tactical wisdom, and deep intellectual capacity, he deserves, not to be put out to pasture, like George Bush or Dick Cheney, but to be recycled into government service at the highest level.

When Hillary Clinton is president, her first act should be to appoint Dr. Obama to the US Supreme Court at the first opportunity.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Dr. Obama to US Supreme Court Empty Re: Dr. Obama to US Supreme Court

Post by eddie Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:10 pm

I agree that he should be found an important "role" as he clearly has something.
I don't rate him as president - although I obviously don't live in the US so won't be presumptuous enough to think I know better than those that do.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:24 pm

eddie wrote:I agree that he should be found an important "role" as he clearly has something.
I don't rate him as president - although I obviously don't live in the US so won't be presumptuous enough to think I know better than those that do.

Any rating of Dr. Obama as president must bear the asterisk that the Republicans consciously decided to "work against" the success of the American nation during the years an African American was in office.  http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/the-republicans-plan-for-the-new-president/  Thus was born the McConnell-Boehner doctrine:

Frontline wrote:After three hours of strategizing, they decided they needed to fight Obama on everything. The new president had no idea what the Republicans were planning.

Look at the important opportunities that have bypassed this Congress: Infrastructure repair, justice reform, poverty, immigration...hell, they even passed up an opportunity to oppose ISIS, having ignored a war bill sent up to the hill by Dr. Obama.

So everything I have said in praise of President Obama must be redoubled again and again for the obstinacy and treason of Republicans in opposition to his efforts.  If you would give him 9-points out of ten for his performance in office, add another 10-points for his adroitness in political chess.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down